• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeDuhb

autobzooty said:
NG.png

Posting again for lack of reception. What do you guys think?

TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME. I love it! You could make that into a bumper sticker, and I would buy it!

Xtyle

Revolutionary said:
I enjoyed it. Warhead was even better.

But yeah - all these posts about U2 looks better than Crysis... no. I love my PS3 and Uncharted 2 (platinum'd it on Saturday) but c'mon now. lol
It's easily the best looking console game I've seen, though.

Anyway, here's hoping some of you bastards on my friends list are actually playing Multiplayer now. I got excited once Tuesday came around like "yes! People to play with online!".... go online and everyone has the Phurba icon next to their names (playing Singleplayer). Sigh.

Why not? I have seen worse textured rocks by the beach in Crysis. And some other textures too aren't too hot (but still good) And I play it on Max setting.

Loudninja said:
Ok the combat is much better than Uncharted, the melee is really improve, the stealth kills are fun and useful, you can still use them even when they spotted you.The gunplay feels better as well to me, everything seems better.

The guns sound alot better as well,the friendly AI is much much better than Uncharted.

This is the rare sequel that improves on every single thing from the original. Although I have to say that I miss the Jet Ski sequences (kill me GAF!)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Zeliard said:
lol, no. Uncharted 2 is a fine game, but linear environments and weak gunplay do not best what Crysis brings to the table.

Oh, you mean Sharks surfing on sand? I guess that's "best," along with choking Koreans until the late game, right?

Edit: In any case: I'm up to Chapter 7
"They're coming with us"
or something like that. I'll play a little more of it later. But probably after Nip/Tuck's premier tonight.

Why does this thread need to be about Uncharted 2 vs Crysis? Wouldnt it be better for both sides just let it drop and enjoy the game?

DevelopmentArrested said:
This is the rare sequel that improves on every single thing from the original. Although I have to say that I miss the Jet Ski sequences (kill me GAF!)

lolcat.jpg

rossonero

I was afraid that the game would be overhyped but from the time I first put the disc in I've been in awe. What a game! Just reached Chapter 6 and it has to be easily one of the top 5 games I've ever played.

It's hard to believe that Naughty Dog could improve on the first Uncharted, but improve they did. The graphics and the gameplay mechanics are top notch, this is one of the few games on consoles that really feel next-gen.

Well done Naughty!

I have one question though, from time to time there is a green or white pixel in my right lower corner. Sometimes there is a line on the right side of the screen and I know that it isn't the TVs fault, so it has to be something wrong with the game or the disc. Anybody else experienced this?

Drame

Phew!

I just finished playing chapters 1 - 17 without breaks, man this game is awesome!

Possibly, one of the best games I have played ever!

I can't wait to finish the campaign tomorrow. I really wanted to continue playing tonight, but my eyes hurt so damn much.

Rez said:
I really, really miss Brutal combos. I want my double ammo, give it back! :(

but the stealth kills are great. if anything, I wish there were more areas in the game I could just sneak my way through.

I managed to do so in
the outdoor area with the secret entrance under the tree in Chapter 23 or so
The brutal combos are now in play when characters have full health and aren't low-level sentries (but you dodge rather than just a different button to punch). Also, stealth kills reward you with double/better ammo.

While it can be amazing to look at, the general cohesiveness of the package in Crysis is nowhere as good as this game too me, even KZ2 while inferior has a more overall cohesive look.

Crysis also has some really awful animation, something that you can't see in the gorgeous screen shots.

Though I have no doubt the engine can outdo any PS3 game with enough work put into it.

iamcool388 said:
Why does this thread need to be about Uncharted 2 vs Crysis? Wouldnt it be better for both sides just let it drop and enjoy the game?
Because Zeliard is now posting in this thread?

xenorevlis said:
The brutal combos are now in play when characters have full health and aren't low-level sentries (but you dodge rather than just a different button to punch). Also, stealth kills reward you with double/better ammo.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the pick-up is signified by a Blue Head symbol no?

Snipes424 said:
Just beat it and I am speechless.

I really don't know where Naughty Dog can go up from here, the game was literally perfect.

I agree. It seems impossible for me to imagine Uncharted 3 being better than this.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
stealth kills only ever rewarded me with grenades. maybe it's because I was playing on Hard?

and yeah, the counter thing was neat. it was still kind of shallow, but it kept me on my toes, rather than just running in and mashing Square, so mission accomplished, I guess. :)

Having finished Infamous recently, and I remember most of Uncharted 1 after finishing it a year ago, how did Uncharted 2 get away with a T rating?

There are more expletives, innuendos, and blood in the first hour then the whole of Infamous, if you play good Cole

I just think the rating is inconsistent and misleading.

A.R.K

TacticalFox88 said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol, ND is good but not that good. Acting/dialog I'll give you but UC2 comes nowhere near Crysis on ANY level.

wtf is that a joke post? ND is good but not good??? give me 1 game which is technologically better than UC2 on any console? Why the fuck ppl even compare PC games with console when they know that PC power >>> any console? What ND has done with PS3 is unmatched by any developer so far on any console. And in some regards it is much better than most PC games out there. Yes they are that good.

djtortilla said:
Having finished Infamous recently, and I remember most of Uncharted 1 after finishing it a year ago, how did Uncharted 2 get away with a T rating?

There is more expletives, innuendos, and blood in the first hour then the whole of Infamous.

Probably because it's as colorful as a mario game

Correct me if I'm wrong but the pick-up is signified by a Blue Head symbol no?
Correct. Most often than not if you have full ammo it will give you grenades, but other times it will be a gun with more ammo than usual.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
djtortilla said:

There is more expletives, innuendos, and blood in the first hour then the whole of Infamous, if you play good Cole

it's all about tone, I guess. UC keeps that pulpy feel without ever getting too graphic. It sticks to a very "PG-13" style (characters getting shot off-screen during cutscenes, for example).

Virro

Rez said:
I really, really miss Brutal combos. I want my double ammo, give it back! :(

but the stealth kills are great. if anything, I wish there were more areas in the game I could just sneak my way through.

I managed to do so in
the outdoor area with the secret entrance under the tree in Chapter 23 or so

Even on Hard, I didn't feel like ammo was ever in short supply. There were only a few moments where I needed to wait for enemies to creep up in order to melee them to replenish. But all in all, the much improved melee and cover system makes it a whole lot easier to conserve ammo and deal with enemies up close.

grumble

djtortilla said:

There are more expletives, innuendos, and blood in the first hour then the whole of Infamous, if you play good Cole

sansha%20knee%20pads_290x289.jpg

Hahaha I love this game. I'm at chapter... 7 I think?
I loved when you jump in the pool in the Hotel and swim to the deep end he's like "Marco!" ahaha. And then when you get out of the pool "Fish out of water!"

TheSeks

KilgoreTrout said:
I don't know, but HOLY SHIT UNCHARTED 2!!!!!

I really got to get back to multiplayer level 16, so I can have my Down the Irons/Fleet Foot combo back.

BTW anyone that is wondering about the revenge perk, it sucks. It's completely useless in the open maps (maybe good to die in hallways, but not really) and the fuse is slightly long, too easy to get away before the bomb even drops. It's useless. :/

Loudninja

Yeah, didnt really like the jet ski section though,but I am really impress on how much they improve ,I am only on chapter 3 as well. :0

hatchx

Banned
I'm on chapter 5.

I can't believe I'm only on chapter 5.

There are few times in history where a sequel doesn't only give us the standard sequel affair, but totally blows the fucking thing out of the water. Uncharted 2 has seamlessly taken the best platforming elements of Prince of Persia, the best shooting elements of Resident Evil 4, and wrapped it in the setting/theme of Lara Croft/Indiana Jones in an enjoyable story.

The amount I've seen and done so far, the amount of quality cutscenes.... this game is fuckin' flawless. Unless things take a turn for the worse, this game could be my favorite game ever.

.....this is coming from a guy who LOVED the first Uncharted.

*back to playing*

RoadHazard

Gold Member
rossonero said:
I have one question though, from time to time there is a green or white pixel in my right lower corner. Sometimes there is a line on the right side of the screen and I know that it isn't the TVs fault, so it has to be something wrong with the game or the disc. Anybody else experienced this?

Yes, I made a post a few pages ago about these exact issues:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18034083&postcount=8410

Other people have confirmed it (and others have, strangely, denied it, even though they claim to be playing with 1:1 pixel mapping).

Am I the only one that fucking hates the AK in this game? Especially in the multiplayer, even with bursting it is SO WEAK; particularly compared to the M4.

Also.. question: where's the rocket launcher on Village?

arne said:
our cinematics are recordings of in-engine sequences.

happy?

didn't catch this post from earlier. color me impressed naughty dog! you created a game so beautiful that i was still crying "bullshot" even when the game was in my hands!

this game is so amazing.

Am I the only one that fucking hates the AK in this game? Especially in the multiplayer, even with bursting it is SO WEAK; particularly compared to the M4.

Ak without the perk Down The Irons is pretty worthless yeah.

Rocket Launcher is in the place the tank comes out. So you have to wait for the tank.

I think I'm way too close to finishing the game rigt now on day 1. So far it has been nearly perfect, had one weird glitch where Nate wouldn't move as he was stuck and there is a strange lack of Sully later on in the game. I miss his talks about brining hookers to the church. :lol

Anyway that
creature thing in the icecave
was fucking stupid but there has already been so many good moments in the game, unless they screw up the last part of the game very badly this is game of the gen for me so far. I thought the stealth was going to be shitty but I was very wrong, so awesome taking out people by smashing them into the wall while the other guards dont see shit.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

yeah, I always switch out for the M4 or the FAL.

Milk Lizard said:
Anyway that
creature thing in the icecave
was fucking stupid
stick with it...

A.R.K said:
wtf is that a joke post? ND is good but not good??? give me 1 game which is technologically better than UC2 on any console? Why the fuck ppl even compare PC games with console when they know that PC power >>> any console? What ND has done with PS3 is unmatched by any developer so far on any console. And in some regards it is much better than most PC games out there. Yes they are that good.
Once again, people don't understand the context of what I was saying. I was saying that ND may be good, but they aren't good enough to match what Crysis has done. U2 is a PHENOMENAL game, but Crysis on High and Very High settings, utterly destroys it.

Leatherface

OK THERE'S ONE THING THAT LOOKS REALLY WEIRD TO ME IN THIS GAME...EYES (fuck caps sorry lol)

the eyes on the main characters (especially the girl) have a weird "sparkle" thing going on that just looks...off.. amirite GAF?

I mean if I have to pick on something, it would be definitely be the sparkle eyes. :)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So wtf is the point of "ranked" multiplayer? You don't get to choose whether you want DM or objectives. So you get a little number beside your name? Seems pointless, as "normal" matches count towards your stats on naughtydog.com

Mifune

Mehmber
This is a fun game.

I'm up to Chapter 6. The pacing is masterful. I love all the quiet moments of exploration and traversal. And the gunfights don't seem as interminable as they were in Drake's Fortune. No clearing out a room just to have it fill up with baddies again.

So far, however, I don't find it to have same wit or soul as the original, mostly because Chloe is so bland. Can't wait for Elena to return!

Leatherface said:
OK THERE'S ONE THING THAT LOOKS REALLY WEIRD TO ME IN THIS GAME...EYES (fuck caps sorry lol)

the eyes on the main characters (especially the girl) have a weird "sparkle" thing going on that just looks...off.. amirite GAF?

I mean if I have to pick on something, it would be definitely be the sparkle eyes. :)

Chloe looks like she was lifted straight out of Dune sometimes, but most of the other characters aren't so bad I think. I sorta like it in a way too, it adds to the stylized art style.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
alr1ghtstart said:
So wtf is the point of "ranked" multiplayer? You don't get to choose whether you want DM or objectives. So you get a little number beside your name? Seems pointless, as "normal" matches count towards your stats on naughtydog.com

To play with other people with similar skill

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

in the middle of that little hut next to the cliff. There's an RPG too that spawns after the tank comes through.

TacticalFox88 said:
Once again, people don't understand the context of what I was saying. I was saying that ND may be good, but they aren't good enough to match what Crysis has done. U2 is a PHENOMENAL game, but Crysis on High and Very High settings, utterly destroys it.

crysis on high doesn't impress me that much, its nowhere near the best the game can look...custom config crysis destroys it... I think there are a number of console games that at least match crysis on high in overall visual impact. There are quite alot of weak textures on that setting, but the lighting also begins to look impressive from that setting onwards

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
how did people feel about the
the return of the respawning waves of enemies in arena areas toward the end of the game, particularly in the Monastery? I had no problems with it, but then I didn't mind them in UC1 either.

allreal

-drake's journal is awesome. so much detail and fun comments, pages.
-been a while since ive played a game where i just want to see what happens next. the last time was probably mgs4.
-snow looks damn amazing. attention to detail in all levels is just amazing
-dialog, esp between nate and last year's model. i don't usually lol but i am.
-i walked by fire and drake put his hand up to cover his face.
-wow at the nepal village, just got to this part. amazine
oh and my 2 complaints about uc1 were answered
-ak47 felt wack in uc1, i hated using it now its one of the guns i use the most. awesome
-hated how when you tried to climb a wall he was just grabbing air. now he kicks off, mmuuch better.

I never imagined that one of my most anticipated games would use life to taunt me in so many ways.

Not only looking at this forum or my buddy list. everyone seems to be playing it, and some bitchy swedes throwing rude remarks to pour salt into the wound. You know who you are DAWG :(.

... but just about 15 minutes before I was of from work, a dude (off from work) stops by I vaguely know and says "hey XXXX, guess what I will be playing tonight? UNCHARTED 2!(*small happy dance*)". Havent felt so much anger over a game in a long time. Its like Im the only fucking guy who cant play it, and EVERYBODY ELSE HAVE IT BEFORE RELEASE.

I swear, life fucking hates me these days. God is probably loling in his fucking virgin harem heaven.

TheSeks

Oh, wow. They just added an eliminiation match only playlist and removed it from "deathmatch" in the past few hours.

Thank god for the "live patch" system they implemented (more info on this in the "Behind the Scenes: Online Play" video).

Now if they could do that for Objective...

Don't know what's up with the new ranked playlist, though.

rossonero

RoadHazard said:
Yes, I made a post a few pages ago about these exact issues:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18034083&postcount=8410

Other people have confirmed it (and others have, strangely, denied it, even though they claim to be playing with 1:1 pixel mapping).

Oh kind of good to see that I'm not alone and I forgot to mention that bar as well when you push up on d-pad. Well I've been seeing it less the more, but this kind of thing sounds like it's very easy to patch so hopefully ND will fix it soon. Such a shame that this fell through the cracks when the game is so gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom