• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneDS

Already 3,000 players online, that's about 2,000 more than it's been for the past few days. Better see that number skyrocket by Thursday!

Zeliard

Amir0x said:
Yes. I have to download the demo now, but yes I do.

You haven't played it at all? It's a treat. Co-op is, at least. Haven't messed with deathmatch yet really, but co-op is good times and fits nicely with the game.

What I'm most excited by as far as Uncharted 2 is probably the length of the game. According to some reviews, it doesn't seem to be a terribly short game. I'm in the mood for a huge, gorgeous adventure - I'm really talking about the simple act of just walking around these interesting, visually arresting areas and exploring stuff (the latter of which I hope they put much more emphasis on this time around). That type of thing is sadly all too rare in gaming nowadays, but it's so damn nice.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Though I can understand from a gameplay perspective people coming away from UCD thinking it was just a clever mash up of Gears and TR what really solidified it as a excellent game to me were the characters and presentation. I don't think this generation has really presented a solid new protagonist aside from Nathan Drake.

Though Marcus Fenix is pretty bad ass.

I like Geralt from The Witcher. Guy's a pretty cool protagonist, and unique in the fact that he sits firmly in the grey, morality-wise.

Zeliard said:
I like Geralt from The Witcher. Guy's a pretty cool protagonist, and unique in the fact that he sits firmly in the grey, morality-wise.

Funny that you mention that. A guy I work with was just talking about that game the other day and telling me how cool he thought Geralt was. Ill have to check it out when it comes to 360.

Zzoram

rhino4evr said:
I agree..it was the first PS3 game I played after MGS4..of course..and while I enjoyed it. I was in the "this is like Tomb raider meets Gears of War" crowd. I was impressed by it, but not blown away.

Still really looking forward to this. The E3 walkthrough convinced me that this was the game to watch.

Uncharted was also the first PS3 game I played after MGS4. I immediately traded in MGS4 after playing Uncharted, because it was SO much better. I hate MGS4, my first experience with a PS3 game was install -> cutscene -> cutscene -> walk a few steps -> cutscene, etc. I just wanted to play with my new toy and instead it was like I waited in line to see a B-movie. Uncharted didn't install, just had a quick patch, was full of action and had better voice acting and graphics.

noah111

Still Alive
I know i'm late as hell, but excellnt OP, sucks that U2 is so close but my laptop is broken (on my PS3 now). :\ I don't even think i'll be able to get this at launch... FUCK! :(

Zzoram

BruceLeeRoy said:
Funny that you mention that. A guy I work with was just talking about that game the other day and telling me how cool he thought Geralt was. Ill have to check it out when it comes to 360.

His voice actor was kinda bad in the PC version. Very monotone.

radzyboy

Banned
what warrants uncharted 2 getting a 10/10. perfect score . A.I. ? linear gameplay? mediocre gunfights(compared to COD4) ? WHAT ???????????

i finished the first 1 , and i gave it a 8/10. part 2 looks and plays the similar. all games that had a hollywood like experience seem to get higher scores..e.g. MGS4 and GTA4- hype train

just because a game like uncharted 2 has movie -like experience they give it a 10/10. when the gun gameplay is lacking , A.I. is lacking , and multiplayer is lacking , how can it get a 10/10 ?

PEOPLE TEND TO DISCREDIT HONEST PEOPLE .....E.G. GAMEREACTOR FOR GIVING IT 8/10

Nafai1123

Banned
Damn, just played my first match of the multiplayer and it feels great. Very easy to pick up and play. 14-5 in my first game :D :D

dralla

radzyboy said:
what warrants uncharted 2 getting a 10/10. perfect score . A.I. ? linear gameplay? mediocre gunfights(compared to COD4) ? WHAT ???????????

i finished the first 1 , and i gave it a 8/10. part 2 looks and plays the similar. all games that had a hollywood like experience seem to get higher scores..e.g. MGS4 and GTA4- hype train

just because a game like uncharted 2 has movie -like experience they give it a 10/10. when the gun gameplay is lacking , A.I. is lacking , and multiplayer is lacking , how can it get a 10/10 ?

can I borrow your copy of UC2 please?

Zeliard

Zzoram said:
His voice actor was kinda bad in the PC version. Very monotone.

The Witcher is best played in its native tongue. The localization makes some of the English words and sentences almost completely nonsensical.

radzyboy said:

sorry it doesnt have autoaim for 25% of the screen and infinitely respawning enemies :(

alr1ghtstart said:
I look forward to killing all of you mp noobs tonight. :D
Hehe one game I was playing we were all around at least rank 20 and atleast 2 over 30 in my team. The other team had 1 guy over level 10. OWNAGE!

BeeDog

radzyboy said:

:lol

radzyboy said:

AI is lacking? :lol :lol :lol
Mediocre gunfights (and compared to CALL OF DUTY)? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

your not getting the full experience unless you play on crushing or atleast hard. everytime i join a coop game and its on easy i blow them up and quit instantly......dont play easy fuckers

RoadHazard

Gold Member
LaneDS said:
Already 3,000 players online, that's about 2,000 more than it's been for the past few days. Better see that number skyrocket by Thursday!

What's on Thursday...? You know the beta is opened up to everyone today, right?

WinFonda

Reviews are godly. And not just 'killer AAA holiday title' caliber, either. This is truly 'one of the best games I've ever played' caliber.

Oct. 13th can't get here soon enough.

Girsej

radzyboy said:

I get the feeling someone typed in the wrong address, this is Neogaf.

N4G----------------->This way

Anyone care to whip out an Uncharted 2 "GTFO" gif?

punkypine

haldalish said:
your not getting the full experience unless you play on crushing or atleast hard. everytime i join a coop game and its on easy i blow them up and quit instantly......dont play easy fuckers
assuming the game has FF, you're an asshole

radzyboy said:

Why do I sense so much questionable anger in this post?

There's usually a full list of reviews floating around come embargo time... I can't seem to find it in this thread. Anyone done one or can point me in the right direction?

radzyboy said:

Lots of review sites gave the first one an 8/10 just like you and are now giving the second one a 10/10 and they have actually played the game.

Zzoram

Zeliard said:
The Witcher is best played in its native tongue. The localization makes some of the English words and sentences almost completely nonsensical.

That's nice but it doesn't change the fact that the dialogue falls flat in English.

haldalish said:
Are you one of those who throw grenades at your own team to steal the treasure so you can deliver it?
Are you one of those who throw the treasure out of the map so it will respawn closer to your base?
If you answer yes to any of these you are an asshole.

RefigeKru

Banned
radzyboy said:

WHAT ???????????

Anyway, I'm fully /sadface because I'm not going to be able to afford UC2 for a long time. :(

LaneDS

RoadHazard said:
What's on Thursday...? You know the beta is opened up to everyone today, right?

Yes, but I figure there are folks that won't think to check PSN until Thursday and thus won't know about the demo until then.

And to the guy suggesting Uncharted 2 plays like Uncharted, well, play the demo. The gunplay and weapons feel about 1,000x better.

yellowjacket25 said:
Lots of review sites gave the first one an 8/10 just like you and are now giving the second one a 10/10 and they have actually played the game.

But dude how can you discredit the honest people :(.

Its not honest, unless it gets 7~8 or less. Think of the honest people mang. Jeez.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
radzyboy said:

obviously endlessly respawning brainless enemies. oh wait.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
radzyboy said:

:D :D

beast786

radzyboy said:

TAKE YOUR PICK

2nhjamq.gif

8xua85.gif

radzyboy said:

Wow, just wow. There is a bomb ticking somewhere with your name on it.

Obviously, you haven't played Uncharted if you think the AI is lacking.
Obviously, you haven't played multiplayer for more than 10 minutes if you think it is lacking.

2rp89w1.gif

slider

Hadn't ever really progressed a character in a game before (except Deus Ex) but it's fun in U2!

God, I'm so new to all of this...

RefigeKru

Banned
Wario64 said:
It's a good thing a game like COD4 has nonlinear gameplay.

:lol :lol I was thinking the same thing.

A.I. ? linear gameplay? mediocre gunfights(compared to COD4)

Sounds like CoD4's single player to me, even though I enjoyed it there was practically no A.I. to be found and the game is as linear as it gets.

Alas, this thread isn't about CoD, it's all about Drake and how pimping ain't easy, son.

thaOwner

radzyboy said:

You sound really mad.

54-46!

Hmm.. well, I've played two hours or something of the beta. It feels like the gameplay isn't suited for mp, like animations have higher priority than the actual mechanics, the shootin doesn't give you a good indicator when you're hitting a target, feels floaty - maybe it's the netcode I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom