• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
beast786 said:
TAKE YOUR PICK

or
nqcsis.jpg

Wow 98 on Metacritic right now, and reviewers are really raving about it. I expected this game to be good but maybe not THIS good.

I hope the general gaming public gets their heads out of their asses and it becomes a blockbuster.

Naughty Dog I know you are reading this thread and Imma let you finish!
But it seems you have made one of the best games of all time!
OF ALL TIME!

Amir0x

Banned
radzyboy said:
what warrants uncharted 2 getting a 10/10. perfect score . A.I. ? linear gameplay? mediocre gunfights(compared to COD4) ? WHAT ???????????

i finished the first 1 , and i gave it a 8/10. part 2 looks and plays the similar. all games that had a hollywood like experience seem to get higher scores..e.g. MGS4 and GTA4- hype train

just because a game like uncharted 2 has movie -like experience they give it a 10/10. when the gun gameplay is lacking , A.I. is lacking , and multiplayer is lacking , how can it get a 10/10 ?

PEOPLE TEND TO DISCREDIT HONEST PEOPLE .....E.G. GAMEREACTOR FOR GIVING IT 8/10

What warrants radzyboy staying on GAF? Shitty grammar? Atrocious punctuation? Mediocre Commentary (compared to the bottom rung of Gamefaqs)? WHAT?????????

I finished this post, and I gave it a 2/10. If there was a sequel to this post, it'd suck ass too.

Alt: You're a junior member too. Ouch. Better luck next time. Oh wait, there won't be a next time.

Robot 492

Banned
Amir0x said:
What warrants radzyboy staying on GAF? Shitty grammar? Atrocious punctuation? Mediocre Commentary (compared to the bottom rung of Gamefaqs)? WHAT?????????

I finished this post, and I gave it a 2/10. If there was a sequel to this post, it'd suck ass too.

Alt: You're a junior member too. Ouch. Better luck next time. Oh wait, there won't be a next time.
:lol :lol nice

thaOwner

Tenkai Star said:
That are some fine GIF:s but we need moar! Something like the GIF:s we got for Killzone 2.
Hope not. It was so bad with Killzone that you could understand the entire game just by viewing the gifs. It was too f'n much.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ha, I didn't realise all those other reviews were out too. Those are unexpectedly high scores. I mean, I expected high scores, but not so consistently high. If this keeps up it could be the best reviewed ps3 game to date.

Firewire

Banned
Amir0x said:

This gets 10 Barrels out of 10 on the Barrellama scale.

naib said:
Asshole confirmed.

Forgive me if this has already been asked. Do those that had the pre-order beta need to re-download?
how am i an asshole. More like ND are assholes for not having the difficulty option in MP. So instead of getting to play a coop game on hard I get to start/quit about 5 or 6 games before i get lucky. Its not like they need me or that extra life on easy. i can beat that shit with just my fist and grenades

Amir0x said:

:lol :lol :lol

Didn't take long. It was only like his tenth post, and he's outta here.

Girsej

Even though I have already pre-ordered it, seeing all these scores almost makes me want to sell one of my organs, preferably a kidney, and bribe a clerk to give it to me early. Hell, I might even throw in a first-born in the deal if need be :lol

I'm pretty glad to hear that this game is at least 10 hours long, the first clocked in around 7-8 and about 5-6 if you knew what you were doing. I played through the first one about 6 times in the last two years. Easily in my top five this gen. I've been on a pretty steady blackout and know little to nothing about the story, I figured it was time to jump out of my hole and hop on the train.

Amir0x said:

OMG :lol

haldalish said:
how am i an asshole. More like ND are assholes for not having the difficulty option in MP. So instead of getting to play a coop game on hard I get to start/quit about 5 or 6 games before i get lucky. Its not like they need me or that extra life on easy. i can beat that shit with just my fist and grenades

Uhm, so what's stopping you from just leaving the game without leaving a sour note for the rest?

Besides, isn't there a setting for Co-op difficulty preference?

thaOwner

KilgoreTrout said:
:lol :lol :lol

Didn't take long. It was only like his tenth post, and he's outta here.
After waiting all those months and barely making it to an 11th post. Almost feel bad for him.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
haldalish said:

It's how matchmaking is set up. If there is a game available with Crushing setting, it will match you with those players. It really shouldn't be a problem once it releases and there are more people playing.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Kittonwy said:
I will miss the mushroom cloud explosions though.
I loved those damned explosions. They looked like some kind of miniature practical effect explosion-in-a-bottle from the 80s movie, and it fit the game's style well.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Uhm, so what's stopping you from just leaving the game without leaving a sour note for the rest?

setting doesn't do jack unless you're the host. And to answer your first question; because they are souring my experience. only returning the favor

AltogetherAndrews said:

Yeah but I guess if one of the players have chosen Easy" that is the difficulty picked.

WinFonda

Tom Penny said:
Sony's add campaign should literally show all the perfect 10's and like average score of " " then show some footage. Simple and to the point.
Sony should divert all PSPGO marketing dollars to Uncharted 2.

Girsej

The co-op difficulty is decided by lowest denominator, ie the one that has forgot/doesn't know how to change the difficulty under his/her profile. Get your friends to buy the game, and a ps3 if they don't have it. If they don't want to, get new friends since your current ones obviously has no taste :lol

Btw, the fz.se review... from what I gather he basically denoted a point for the trial-and-error sneaking in the beginning of the game. You could really imagine him fuming from his ears reading that part of the review.

Banned
this is the first game in recent memory that has gotten such high critical acclaim from so many independent sources, and for the first time... I feel the scores are warranted!

Unlike GTA4 & Halo 3.

haldalish said:
And to answer your first question; because they are souring my experience. only returning the favor
Yeah because they are intentionally seeking out players who wants to play hard and force them to play easy.

Man I hope they fix so you loose "money" if you quit a game. Like a lot. And you get a bricked PS3 if you throw treasure out of the map.

Girsej

AltogetherAndrews said:
They should be punished for, uh, playing the game on the setting they are comfortable with? Yeah, very reasonable.

Oh, just you wait. There is grief-reporting and I don't think haldalish will be long if he continues like that once the game is out.

Btw, I agree about the snow thing a couple pages back. Being a swede too, teh snow felt a bit too real... could almost feel winter creeping up on me.

AltogetherAndrews said:
They should be punished for, uh, playing the game on the setting they are comfortable with? Yeah, very reasonable.
the thing is, half the ppl dont even bother with the setting or know it exist when i ask them. So, to an extent it is their fault.

Girsej

haldalish said:
the thing is, half the ppl dont even bother with the setting or know it exist when i ask them. So, to an extent it is their fault.

That still makes you an asshole though. You don't think that the matchmaking might be better once there's more than 3000 playing the game? Chill, and wait for it to be released properly, and then see if you have the same problem.

Girsej said:
That still makes you an asshole though. You don't think that the matchmaking might be better once there's more than 3000 playing the game? Chill, and wait for it to be released properly, and then see if you have the same problem.

Of course, being griefed in a fucking demo could possibly turn people away from the game. Good job there.

Raistlin

Amir0x said:

oh shi--

:lol

Girsej said:
okay, ill admit its a asshole thing to do and will stop but i just get soooo frustrated trying to join a fun game(easy and normal are not fun IMO). Like you said, hopefully full release solves this.

54-46!

Girsej said:
Btw, the fz.se review... from what I gather he basically denoted a point for the trial-and-error sneaking in the beginning of the game. You could really imagine him fuming from his ears reading that part of the review.
This guy gave Bionic Commando 5/5 so I don't see why anyone would listen to him :p

Girsej

AltogetherAndrews said:
Of course, being griefed in a fucking demo could possibly turn people away from the game. Good job there.

Yeah, I agree. That's why he shouldn't play co-op until the games released, sparing people his griefing ways.

Firestorm

00011000 said:
this is the first game in recent memory that has gotten such high critical acclaim from so many independent sources, and for the first time... I feel the scores are warranted!

Unlike GTA4 & Halo 3.
You've played it?

Girsej

haldalish said:
im still gonna play it, just gonna quit w/o killing them.

That works too. I usually quit if I find out the difficulty is not hard/crushing so I get where you're coming from, but killing them ... not cool. Hope you find some hard/crushing people to play with.

Firestorm said:
00011000 said:

Unlike GTA4 & Halo 3.

You've played it?

Its the vibe dude. Before playing, he feels. After playing, he'll know.

Dont see what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom