• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DevelopmentArrested said:
good to hear even if he was pretty dissapointed in the final half of the game.

Yeah, relative to the heights of the first half that he spent the majority of the article gushing about. I wouldn't file that kind of commentary under straight disappointment, but hey.

Tom Penny said:
Wow just watched the opening 15+ minutes in HD. Fucking amazing. That is all.

Fucking shit this media blackout is getting harder every second now

I dont want to get a breakdown and scream I NEED IT IN ME. NOW.

ScrabbleBanshee said:
Does anybody else dislike this "multiplayer only" demo trend? I can't get an idea about what the game is like when it forces you cold into a random multiplayer match. Thankfully with this one, I already have a good idea about what I'll get at the end of the day because of Drake's Fortune... I am not primarily interested in the multiplayer aspect of the game, so bleh to that -- guess I'll just have to wait for the real thing.

why the fuck would you want a singleplayer demo from Uncharted 2? for a story-driven game it makes non sense.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Majora said:
Mario Galaxy?

But yeah, I really didn't expect this to do so well. Like other people have said I thought the original was an 8/10 kind of game but by all accounts everyone seems to be saying it's much improved. I wouldn't be surprised if the metacritic eventually drops by a couple of points but it's still way higher than I expected.
Well, for a lot of us the first game was way above the 8/10 (and the review average is actually in agreement with that). So, sorry to be a downer, but you may not enjoy this one as much as the reviews are suggesting after all.

Tom Penny said:
Wow just watched the opening 15+ minutes in HD. Fucking amazing. That is all.

I love how Penny drops into a thread dispenses some well thought out knowledge with just a hint of hyperbole and then disappears into the night like a damn ninja not to be seen again for another 20 pages.

Zeliard

DevelopmentArrested said:
why the fuck would you want a singleplayer demo from Uncharted 2? for a story-driven game it makes non sense.

The first Uncharted had an effective demo. It's a story-driven game but it features tons of gunplay and a little bit of platforming. These things can be conveyed in a demo (along with other things like sound and visuals).

Firestorm

ScrabbleBanshee said:
Does anybody else dislike this "multiplayer only" demo trend? I can't get an idea about what the game is like when it forces you cold into a random multiplayer match. Thankfully with this one, I already have a good idea about what I'll get at the end of the day because of Drake's Fortune... I am not primarily interested in the multiplayer aspect of the game, so bleh to that -- guess I'll just have to wait for the real thing.
It's really just an open beta =P

KZObsessed

The quality of the storytelling, from visual fidelity to the writing, embarrasses other games. Seriously, it's almost depressing when you realize no other developers are putting this level of effort and heart into supporting gameplay with story.

Hot damn.

Firestorm

iamcool388 said:
Its the vibe dude. Before playing, he feels. After playing, he'll know.

Dont see what the problem is.
I'm just saying it's really hypocritical to call out GTAIV and Halo 3 for not warranting scores - usually referring to getting high scores due to hype while at the same time saying that Uncharted 2 deserves the scores without playing it (so based on hype).

Tom Penny

Slaylock said:
According to N'Gai: http://twitter.com/ncroal

Uncharted 2 has 10/18 perfect scores.

GTA IV: 48/86 :lol
BioShock: 34/88
Halo 3: 20/86
COD4: 14/70
Gears 2 13/90

So anyway...

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the Playstation 3 on Oct. 13. Retails for $29.99 USD. Played entire campaign mode on normal difficulty. Tested hard difficulty. Played several sessions of multiplayer with the game's developers on a private network.

I freaking wish.

Kotaku said:
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the Playstation 3 on Oct. 13. Retails for $29.99 USD.

So is Kotaku just deliberately retarded or am I missing something?

edit: Tom beat me to it, it seems!

Holy metacritic, batman!

Anyways, any Canadians know what the bonus is for Futureshop? I went there and saw a preorder box. I asked the idiots about it, and they knew nothing.

Does anyone know? Is it possibly the Best Buy golden guns?

JB1981

This game already has the best menu music of the year. I literally sit and listen to the music and don't even play the MP beta. It also doesn't hurt that the multiplayer is fun as fuck. Cannot WAIT to play this game. Excellent, OP. Just wish BruceLeeRoy was still around to demonstrate his artistic genius.

If Sony fucks up the marketing on THIS game, then I will lose all hope. It pains me that such a PHENOMENAL game won't get the market push it deserves.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
on the down side, the last game that got so many straight tens, GTAIV, was a massive disappointment.

one the plus side, this is uncharted

Thrakier

BruceLeeRoy said:
For me this game is all about the SP. I thought the MP was clever enough but it didn't hold my attention for very long.

Are you a big fan of MP games in general? Because I really think that the MP is excellent. It could stand on it's own, it's not just a "add on" to the SP. It's like the perfect mix of arcade and strategic gameplay with great map design, great game modes, great netcode, great vertical gameplay...and it's so lighthearted and fun and nice to look at.

Majora

Lord Error said:
Well, for a lot of us the first game was way above the 8/10 (and the review average is actually in agreement with that). So, sorry to be a downer, but you may not enjoy this one as much as the reviews are suggesting after all.

Sorry what? I liked the original game. The sequel seems to be even better so I'll buy it. And the metacritic for the original was 88 it's not like my opinion of the original is incredibly different to many other people.

KGKK

Banned
Played the multiplayer demo. My gosh is it fun. I haven't tried deathmatch, just did the co-op only. Found it more fun than RE5...

My Gamestop is doing a midnight launch for Brutal Legend, ill preorder BL if they let me pick up my UC2 preorder also. Anybody know if they will?

aasoncott

Shining Sunshine said:
Anyways, any Canadians know what the bonus is for Futureshop? I went there and saw a preorder box. I asked the idiots about it, and they knew nothing.

Does anyone know? Is it possibly the Best Buy golden guns?

Yes, it's the golden guns.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dax01 said:
Well, see, about that...

:D
what is this a quote from? I can hear it perfectly in my head, but I can't place it.

It's crazy to look at Uncharted 2 on Metacritic now, it's sitting at 98 with 20 reviews. Definitely looking to be one of the most universally highly rated games in the history of the internet.

In complete honesty I can say that I can't remember another game that I have ever played that I have enjoyed as much as Uncharted 2.

Naughty Dog should give themselves a huge pat on the back, it was something truly special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom