• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chef

Amir0x said:
If the singleplayer is half as good as multiplayer I think I may just be sold on the hype.

I preordered Infamous so I could get the Uncharted beta code. But I still haven't played it yet...I keep trying to hold out for the real game but its becoming insanely difficult especially after your post.

LaneDS

Amir0x said:
Wow the multiplayer is fucking amazing. Extremely well balanced, very low lag, relatively quick matchmaking, incredible diversity in gameplay options, amazing visuals, lots of variety, fantastic map design in the few we got, intense little flourishes that really give each mode a unique flavor (holy shit at helicopter popping in to put holes in me), obscene amount of technical options, JESUS CHRIST-O.

If the singleplayer is half as good as multiplayer I think I may just be sold on the hype.

Heck yes it is. I think if there was one part Naughty Dog was going to get right, it was the single player... I'm sure it'll trounce the first game, which was already quite good in that department. Multiplayer just keeps getting better.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
The Chef said:
I preordered Infamous so I could get the Uncharted beta code. But I still haven't played it yet...I keep trying to hold out for the real game but its becoming insanely difficult especially after your post.
Too close to release date. Don't do it Chef!
Let your mind blow up into a million pieces on release date, figuratively speaking off course.

The Chef

Kaako said:
Too close to release date. Don't do it Chef!
Let your mind blow up into a million pieces on release date, figuratively speaking off course.

Haha, I'm gonna try and get 100% on NFS Shift to distract myself.

Please tell me someone here has seen an Uncharted 2 commercial...PLEASE.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Internet Celebrity said:
Remaining "big" outlets:

Gamespot

Gametrailers

Edge Magazine

PSM3 Magazine

Any others?

Gamespot: 9.5 (my old meme: "online a.i. too tough")

Gametrailers: 9.0

Edge: 9.1

PSM3: 9

Me: Helleven.

EDIT above re GS @ 9.8:

Shining Sunshine said:
9.8?

They don't do anything but .5s... I think.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Amir0x said:
Wow the multiplayer is fucking amazing. Extremely well balanced, very low lag, relatively quick matchmaking, incredible diversity in gameplay options, amazing visuals, lots of variety, fantastic map design in the few we got, intense little flourishes that really give each mode a unique flavor (holy shit at helicopter popping in to put holes in me), obscene amount of technical options, JESUS CHRIST-O.

Wow: Amir0x? Hmm. Cool.

Zeliard said:
Edge and Eurogamer really do just use the entire scale.

I'd say they're right on the money much of the time. I like Killzone 2 and bought it at launch, and a lot of people complained about Edge scoring it 7/10 (I also thought it was low), but how many people are even still talking about that game? You have to admit, it came and went pretty quickly considering it's still only about 6 months old. No real legs on that game, unfortunately, and Edge's 7/10 is looking pretty damn accurate these days.
They gave Gears of War 2 a 9 out of 10. I've always paid no mind to the Eurogamer/Digital Foundry iz biased!!! claims, but Edge are either less critical of big Xbox games or more critical of big Playstation games. This is a publication that gave God of War 2 a 7/10, so their bias against Sony titles isnt just some anti-PS3 thing, it was going on before that.
But that's the least of my problems with Edge magazine, I hate their pompous style of criticism, I hate their incessant demands for innovation and I hate their lack of appreciation for refinement. /end rant.

alba

Little is the new Big
Amir0x said:

Make it twice as good :D

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Shining Sunshine said:
9.8?

They don't do anything but .5s... I think.
They changed it JUST for Uncharted 2.
kekeke

Edit:
darkwings said:
not to troll, but since the SP campaign seem to be around 8-9 hours, isnt that a little on a short side? I know that gaf has complained at various other games being too short in the past.
WTF are you doing son?

darkwings

Banned
not to troll, but since the SP campaign seem to be around 8-9 hours, isnt that a little on a short side? I know that gaf has complained at various other games being too short in the past.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
_leech_ said:
Geoff Keighley's Twitter feed:

Comments like this are going to make the next two weeks incredibly hard to get through.

This and Brutal Legend on the same fucking day! I don't know if I can handle it!

Amir0x

Banned
darkwings said:

Most reports put the game at like 11-13 hours, but that's semantics. What's important to me is that they fill those hours with high quality and less filler. I'd rather an 8 hour game with no filler than a 12 hour game with 4 hours of filler.

All that said, Uncharted 2 is clearly not a game which has its replay value judged on the length of the singleplayer alone. With a multiplayer component this robust, it easily picks up the slack for any "limited" singleplayer campaign.

All that said, a 12 hour singleplayer campaign for this genre is extremely good. I don't know what action games others have been playing, but it's an extreme rarity when one is as long as, say, Resident Evil 4.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
darkwings said:

OP has it listed as 10-13 hours i believe.

darkwings said:

Where did you get the 8-9 hours from?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
darkwings said:
The first game was that long and I loved the hell out of it. I went back and beat it on everything except Crushing. Maybe I'll do that before I get this one.

timkunedo

OMG i just played gold rush for the very first time. IMO it kicks Horde Mode and Firefight in the face and calls them a couple of girly men. So fun and hard as heck without everyone having a mic.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
darkwings said:

You should play Batman Arkham Asylum, it is sort of a short game if you speed through it but it is one of the finest games I've played in quite a while.

The Chef

Messypandas said:
In the U.K theres ad's showing the train carts flipping over the tracks towards Nate. Its pretty cool, and way ahead of release date

Oh lord thank you. I dont care if Sony puts an Uncharted 2 logo on a damn Pog I just need to see that they give a damn and are actually putting forth some effort.

LaneDS

Achtius said:
Is it just me or does it take a long time to join a game online D:

Sometimes I've found if it seems like you're not getting into any games, drop back to the lobby then start searching again. Definitely not confirmed, but it seems helpful.

Beowulf28

The Chef said:
I was worried this would happen, but not at all surprised.
You'll probably see a couple of crappy 30 second spots week of release but that's about all I would expect given Sony's track record this gen.

reKon said:
Now, what I'm going to say you make find offensive or blunt, but if you like shooting games like gears, etc and you have a PS3, if you do not buy this game (and you are looking to buy a good game), you're a fucking idiot.

edit: and the game was completely lag free...
This is as dumb as the whole MGS4 peasant thing.

"Man, I don't know if I'm really liking this game, but I don't want to look like a idiot, better start finding why I really must like this game"

lunlunqq

Amir0x said:

Yet I remembered people laughed at and bitched about the multiplayer announcement, thinking that Naughty Gods gave in to the pressure and forced a multiplayer mode in... I have to admit I myself even had doubts before... Now we know we should NEVER doubt Naught Gods!!! Oh my lords, I'm not worthy...

Prezhulio

popping in and out of this thread just to try and avoid it enough so it's fresh when i get my hands on it. i was in the infamous uc2 beta this summer and loved it and have been trying to convince myself just to wait till release to get in on it, but temptation is killing me with the demo....how are the unlocks for multiplayer looking so far, any list of that? also was that trophy list nearly identical to uc1 a while back confirmed?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Shining Sunshine said:
Hey, I played with some guy called Senzu007. He had a V emblem beside his name in place of the level. Is he a Naughty God?

no, they will have a little red paw next to their name. That V is their level, which is past 50.

Amir0x

Banned
man multiplayer is fucking addicting, so many options. I am hooked

This is definitely going to be my multiplayer haunt until Left 4 Dead 2. Just refreshing.

beast786

Uncharted_2_GIF_by_WieldtheKey.gif

Sorry about the size :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom