• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrus

Gold Member
darkwings said:
not to troll, but since the SP campaign seem to be around 8-9 hours, isnt that a little on a short side? I know that gaf has complained at various other games being too short in the past.

Uncharted 1 was fine in length and Uncharted 2 is stated to be longer. If anything, the reviews have stated in one that it was too long, while in the G4 one 'having an ending' was a tongue in cheek negative to the game.

So frankly, I don't think length is an issue with this game.

Amir0x said:
man multiplayer is fucking addicting, so many options. I am hooked

This is definitely going to be my multiplayer haunt until Left 4 Dead 2. Just refreshing.

Ill have to give it another go the first beta didn't really grab me.

Shining Sunshine said:
I got it from Futureshop, but I'm in Canada, so it may be different.

You suuunn of a bitch.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
BruceLeeRoy said:
Shut the fu#$ up! It is! Who is offering that as a preorder bonus?
Futureshop in Canada, apparently. But we don't really know if it's a dynamic theme for 100% sure, I think. I'll probably preorder it there, and cancel my ebgames preorder, which gave me nothing (they ran out of demo codes).

Amir0x

Banned
Felix Lighter said:
Ugh. I absolutely hate that.

A few games are immune to it though. Super Mario Galaxy comes to mind.

Very few. I doubt Uncharted 2 is going to escape this though, considering the gunplay is still not far removed from Uncharted 1 and that seemed to be the biggest complaint people had with the first game.

Max

I am not Max
I played multiplayer all day, currently level 10. Tryna get in some GAF games/parties, already sick of playing with people who don't communicate

Llyranor said:
From the OP, the co-op modes only include the mp campaign and gold rush. I thought there were supposed to be other modes?

There are 10 confirmed multiplayer modes. We have 5 competitive, and 2 co-op modes confirmed. That leaves 3 up for grabs.

These might include Machinima, and Cinema though. Meaning we might have only 1 left to be revealed.

I'm in desperate need of a new theme. The theme I've been using was kind of ruined by the last firmware upgrade. An Uncharted 2 dynamic them would hit the spot.

DrPirate

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
no, they will have a little red paw next to their name. That V is their level, which is past 50.
IMAGE_268.jpg

I got to play with the Lord himself.

He's AWESOME btw online. Talks and calls people out and trash talks too.

Edit: REALLY sorry for the ginormous picture. I'll shrink that shit pronto. And the bad quality is prolly because I was shaking.

Llyranor

KilgoreTrout said:
There are 10 confirmed multiplayer modes. We have 5 competitive, and 2 co-op modes confirmed. That leaves 3 up for grabs.

These might include Machinima, and Cinema though. Meaning we might have only 1 left to be revealed.
Ah, ok. Hoping for more co-op modes! Just scanned through some reviews briefly. They're pretty vague re: the modes available. Bleh.

dronde

Neo Member
How about you go to the cinema mode and take a picture from there instead of taking a picture of your tv?
DrPirate said:
IMAGE_268.jpg

Edit: REALLY sorry for the ginormous picture. I'll shrink that shit pronto. And the bad quality is prolly because I was shaking.

Alex

I wish there were more characters. I guess it'd be kinda hard, more skins or pallete swaps or something would be nice too, maybe theres a lot more in the retail.

Going into my last game there were three identical Chloes

DrPirate said:

You know there is a screenshot function in the game?

Alex

Dont feel bad, I didnt know it either until about a half hour ago. The game auto records all your matches, they are very small in size. I figured they'd be huge and as such be something you had to toggle on.

DrPirate said:
...Evidently, I DID NOT know this.

..... :(

Yeah you are fine as long as you didnt play 20 matches after that game. You can go back and even protect the game you played with him
if you wanna be the stocker :lol

ZZMitch

Wow, amazing. Deathmatch is amazing, almost everything else is amazing.I am a little underwhelmed with the Arena survival mode however. I may just be spoiled from the greatness that is firefight...

Kittonwy said:
Doesn't happen to every game though, especially when people who like Uncharted 2 are militant.
Indifferent2.gif

That militant fan shit is precisely what causes the most fucking backlash. I realize that those in the center of it at all are probably blind to it, but the fanboy and trollspotting guard surrounding the first game soured a lot of people on the Uncharted brand as a whole.

Animal

Banned
I just finished the first game 2 days ago. I withheld myself from emotionally splurging on the first game's official thread.

I just hit up multiplayer demo for about 3 hours.

Conclusion: Fuck yes Naughty Dog.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
AltogetherAndrews said:
That militant fan shit is precisely what causes the most fucking backlash. I realize that those in the center of it at all are probably blind to it, but the fanboy and trollspotting guard surrounding the first game soured a lot of people on the Uncharted brand as a whole.
yeah, that was a shame. a similar thing happened with KZ2.

Dude Abides

Banned
Amir0x said:
Very few. I doubt Uncharted 2 is going to escape this though, considering the gunplay is still not far removed from Uncharted 1 and that seemed to be the biggest complaint people had with the first game.

Arkham Ayslum largely immune so far.

Rez said:
yeah, that was a shame. a similar thing happened with KZ2.

It happens with a lot of games (KZ2, Uncharted, Halo 3), and it's annoying every time. And I say this fully aware that I've partaken in the shit myself. It's a disservice to the game.

Dude Abides said:

The blessing of the multiplatform title.

Alex

I'll never understand the logic of hype, fan-based nonsense, trolls, release date oddities, etc messing with peoples desire or excitement for a game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dude Abides said:
Arkham Asylum was lucky enough to avoid the pre-release fanfare entirely.

Any word on puzzle difficulty? I realize the first game kept them quick and simple to keep up the pace of the game. Are they sticking with that philosophy?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Rez said:
Arkham Asylum was lucky enough to avoid the pre-release fanfare entirely.

True. Arkham Asylum was more negatively received because of the use of the unreal engine and the upside down Batman pics so when the game came out and we finally got to see how much of an awesome game it was.

I'm still trying to find anything on that Uncharted 2 dynamic theme from future shop >_<

Felix Lighter said:
Any word on puzzle difficulty? I realize the first game kept them quick and simple to keep up the pace of the game. Are they sticking with that philosophy?
Sounds like there are fewer but longer more involved puzzles.

Alex

Hard to hype up a licensed game, even if it's Batman.

Was also the whole Eidos/review dilemma, although that was still really funny in retrospect, when you had people cursing them, saying that the game was going to suck, saying it looked bad at E3, swearing they wouldn't buy it, etc. Then showing up in the official topic when all of the nice reviews came in.

People are just warped some times.

reKon

Banned
TheExecutive said:
Oh god, I love gold rush. You really really really have to work as a team and keep close. On hard and crushing it is brutal :lol

Add me, I am on 'the list'

yeah, I will definitely add you and add my name to that official one. Unfortunately, I have exams and quizzes to study for tomorrow (which I'm almost done with), so I today couldn't be a worse time for this demo to come out. I didn't really even want to play it today, but I at least had to check it out. When I did, I was fucking shocked because people weren't describing the demo like THIS... They made it seem like it was just solid and fun, but to me, the game's multiplayer has gotten me hooked instantly because of the gameplay and shear masterful quality. There's not many games that can do that for me anymore...

TheExecutive said:
Sounds like there are fewer but longer more involved puzzles.

That sounds good to me as long as it doesn't involve pushing and pulling giant blocks. The original could have used some longer breaks between gun fights.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Finished up another Uncharted run tonight. Can't wait to get my hands on this... still resisting playing to spoil it.

PLayed the demo. Wow, this game is incredible.
It looks like I'll be spending a lot of time in the co-op one I finish the game. Competative is way to diffrent from FPS (people take a lot of bullets), need more time to get better.

naib

RoboPlato said:
It's the same one. It's just open to everyone now.
Thanks, you saved myself and a few folks some tinkering before happy hour.
We're about to fire it up now. :rock:

Again, forgive me if this has already been stated. New fiscal year, no time, blah, blah.

Wasn't Crash Bandicoot the 1st PSX game that spooled data off the CD while you were playing? Do y'all remember the excitement of crushing those peach crates for the 1st time?
Stretch my hardware ND, stretch it hard.

edit: "editing is self-censorship"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom