• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
BPK said:
For me the only disappointing thing about the game is that it will ship with only seven multiplayer maps. The four maps in the demo led me to hope we'd see at least 10-15. Oh well - still a phenomenal game.

7 is the upper limit for the amount of maps I want.

Take CS for example, one of the best multiplayer shooters ever, and there aren't more than 6-8 maps in competitive rotation.

I prefer well designed maps over a quantity of maps that mesh together. I want each map to be unique and distinctive. Not another CoD4 fest where there are a few decent maps and a whole lot of RNG trash.

DoomGyver

Letters said:
It's getting soooooooo hard avoiding playing the mp demo and looking at the vids. But I'll endure, I don't wanna have the environments spoiled until I explore them by myself in the campaign. Also browsing this thread with images deactivated, so it's a bit hard sometimes knowing who's who here, I'm so used to the avatars. :lol
Damn I'm so hyped for this. :)
I've also gone on a media blackout, I've only seen the first trailer and a snippet of e3 video.
No demo for me :p

This is the first time I've done this for a game.. and I cannot wait to play it! :D

Animator

Full Recovery said:
I've also gone on a media blackout, I've only seen the first trailer and a snippet of e3 video.
No demo for me :p

This is the first time I've done this for a game.. and I cannot wait to play it! :D

Same here. I played the beta a couple times to see that the MP is going to kickass and now I can wait two more weeks for the game knowing it will deliver :)

reKon

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
7 is the upper limit for the amount of maps I want.

Take CS for example, one of the best multiplayer shooters ever, and there aren't more than 6-8 maps in competitive rotation.

I prefer well designed maps over a quantity of maps that mesh together. I want each map to be unique and distinctive. Not another CoD4 fest where there are a few decent maps and a whole lot of RNG trash.

this this this

You know I just thought of something.

Ok,

Uncharted 2 multiplayer with the deathmatch gun game mod (like in Counter-Strike:Source) would = gaming heaven...

I know this would never happen but, if they naughty dog did add this game mode type, I guarantee you it would be the most played.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I caved in a watched the beginning of the IGN video review. Once I saw snippets from the train section, I had to turn it off.

Otherwise, the beta and the E3 demo were basically all I've let myself watch.

I think I might give Uncharted another run-through... it only takes a couple of hours when you skip the cutscenes, after-all.

LaneDS

Rez said:
I caved in a watched the beginning of the IGN video review. Once I saw snippets from the train section, I had to turn it off.

Otherwise, the beta and the E3 demo were basically all I've let myself watch.

I think I might give Uncharted another run-through... it only takes a couple of hours when you skip the cutscenes, after-all.

Are you joking about the couple hours thing? I can't tell. Without cutscenes you'd be hard pressed to beat the game in two hours, even on easy.

minx

KilgoreTrout said:
Well, good games everyone.

I'm rusty as fuck right now. :D

You were tearing it up with that shutgun on that last map. Pretty much played this damn game all day. fuuuckkkk

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
LaneDS said:
Are you joking about the couple hours thing? I can't tell. Without cutscenes you'd be hard pressed to beat the game in two hours, even on easy.
I should've been clearer, I rarely see people use the word 'couple' literally in that context.

A handful of hours? Maybe five-ish, probably less. I know my way around that game, so my time is probably going to be a lot less than the average at this point.

LaneDS

Rez said:
I should've been clearer, I rarely see people use the word 'couple' literally in that context.

A handful of hours? Maybe five-ish, probably less. I know my way around that game, so my time is probably going to be a lot less than the average at this point.

Ah gotcha. That makes more sense.

So I went 19-0 on plaza and had my roommate accidentally blow me up when I went to choke someone out. Never got the rampant medal before, that was slightly frustrating.

And does anyone know the difference between the covert ops and the ninja medal? They have identical descriptions (kill five enemies with stealth).

icechai

ugh, want to stay blacked out on gameplay, but now demo is out, most of you on my friends list are playing the damn multiplayer demo, and eurogamer gave it a 10/10 and 1up a a+? arghhh

icechai said:
ugh, want to stay blacked out on gameplay, but now demo is out, most of you on my friends list are playing the damn multiplayer demo, and eurogamer gave it a 10/10 and 1up a a+? arghhh
Give in to the temptation. Its awesome!

Kittonwy

Banned
icechai said:

It's AFW.
angry.gif

Yeef

Fun stuff tonight although my router was getting the better of me.

I played a quick co-op game and it was the same map as from the beta (and the only choice). Any word on how many co-op missions there will be in the full game. Hopefully there will either be a lot or they'll be a lot longer.

Linkzg said:
videos from co-op aren't saved?

I wanted make a clip that shows how terrible the stranglers are. In one game, there was like a chain of five that kept grabbing crushdance and I kept having to save him. While I was punching the previous one, the next guy was already on him :lol
That was terrible ;_;

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
aegies said:
I would say the same thing and I would give it the same score (at least, I would 16 chapters in).
are you guys allowed to talk about it on this week's podcast?

Dizzan

MINI Member
I hate multiplayer and I was in the camp who were worried about ND putting too many resources into MP, with the SP negatively affected. I just played the demo though and damn. It is sooo good. Graphics are out of control, it's easy to get into, stealth kills are so satisfying and it's a ton of fun.

Can't wait for the SP!

Few q's:

I think I got up to rank 5. When am I able to assign perks?
I always seem to hover around 1:1 kdr in all multiplayer shooters. So frustrating. Any tips?

I think people may be getting ahead of themselves with 7 maps only thing. I wouldn't be surprised if ND took advantage of the PSN store for downloadable content.

nib95

Banned
Firestorm said:
By "ok, I know" I hope you mean "I know I'm being an idiot".

How is he being an idiot? Don't get me wrong, I have no beef with the score. Just the line going aling with it. To say it's the best SP experience on the PS3, and then give it a 4.5 when the PS3 has games like Bioshock, HL2, MGS4, Oblivion, Fallout 3, KZ2, COD4, GTA IV, Batman AA etc etc is what sounds stupid imo. Bit of a contradiction if you ask me.

Anyway, wow at Sessler's review. Reminded me of Egor after he'd tried Remy's food in Ratatouille. So good is just hits you in the face and takes you back to when you were a child again! Awesome lol. And quite rare.

gentlemanfinn

Neo Member
Dizzan said:
Few q's:

I think I got up to rank 5. When am I able to assign perks?
I always seem to hover around 1:1 kdr in all multiplayer shooters. So frustrating. Any tips?
- Access the battlefield before going for the kills.
- Get the power-weapons (Hammer, RPG)

zoukka

nib95 said:
How is he being an idiot? Don't get me wrong, I have no beef with the score. Just the line going aling with it. To say it's the best SP experience on the PS3, and then give it a 4.5 when the PS3 has games like Bioshock, HL2, MGS4, Oblivion, Fallout 3, KZ2, COD4, GTA IV, Batman AA etc etc is what sounds stupid imo. Bit of a contradiction if you ask me.

Another post about reviews, another user who doesn't want to accept the fact that games are reviewed by people, not sites.

The consistency meme should be bannable.

nib95

Banned
zoukka said:
Another post about reviews, another user who doesn't want to accept the fact that games are reviewed by people, not sites.

The consistency meme should be bannable.

What?

How does my post mention anything about being directed at a site over a the writer? I was referring to the reviewer and his quote, NOT the site. Unless of course just because a user opinion is just that, an "opinion", by your standards there can't be user contradictions and errors in writing? I think that's the whole point. Because it is just reviewed by a person, it can have mistakes. Which is the whole reason I bought it up.

Gaming journalism is bad enough these days. Lets not give them too much of an easy ride. You're forgetting they do get PAID to do this job. Hence why they shouldn't be free from criticism just because it's their "opinion".

Don't get me wrong, aside from that line and a few other's, it's a pretty good review. But I think the point the reviewer was trying to make is, even though the game is brilliant, it has flaws. Which is fair. My response would be, if even with it's flaws it's still regarded by yourself as the best single player experience on the PS3, shouldn't that correlate in to the score, or at least in comparison to other top tier SP experiences on the system?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
nib95 said:
Don't get me wrong, aside from that line and a few other's, it's a pretty good review. But I think the point the reviewer was trying to make is, even though the game is brilliant, it has flaws. Which is fair. My response would be, if even with it's flaws it's still regarded by yourself as the best single player experience on the PS3, shouldn't that correlate in to the score, or at least in comparison to other top tier SP experiences on the system?

jesus christ dude, who cares. is that 0.5 so important to you? it's just a damn score, the text itself is more important and I don't exactly see anything wrong with that review. it's just you immediately associating 'best PS3 exclusive' with a 5/5.

'free ride'? :lol god you are something else

nib95

Banned
The best SP experiences on the PS3 imo are Bioshock and MGS4. I can't see U2's SP campaign topping either. But if it does, you know damn well sure I'll show the game credit for it. I won't just use the "Best PS3 SP experience to date" line to add some gimmicky value to my review. I'll use it when I actually properly mean it, and that will correlate with all facets of the review.

Anyway, I care about this much >.< about it. So lets not get our panties in to a twist over it. It's a 4.5 for heavens sake. A seriously high score.

EDIT: And yea, the free ride thing was a gross exaggeration. What I meant is that because their views are just that, an opinion, they kind of have the ability to get away with a lot (in terms of writing, positive or negative), often without fully substantiating it. I think Ego, whilst being way too harsh, made a solid point.

Anton Ego said:
In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so.

zoukka

Darunia said:
jesus christ dude, who cares. is that 0.5 so important to you? it's just a damn score, the text itself is more important and I don't exactly see anything wrong with that review. it's just you immediately associating 'best PS3 exclusive' with a 5/5.

Thanks for putting my thoughts into correct words.

Aru

I didn't expect 9/10 on Gamekult.com knowing how harsh they are in their reviews.

Definitely a great game :D

Hype level up !!!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wow. I already was enjoying the MP demo, but something just clicked for me tonight and I cannot stop playing. Plus, I've been on fire all night, slaying chumps left and right. Dumb question: when I upload a video from cinema mode, where the hell does it go?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Snuggler said:
Wow. I already was enjoying the MP demo, but something just clicked for me tonight and I cannot stop playing. Plus, I've been on fire all night, slaying chumps left and right. Dumb question: when I upload a video from cinema mode, where the hell does it go?

I think it goes on to Naughty Dog serves to post on the website but that probably going to go up when the game is released.

Thrakier

Had some nice matches yesterday night with CrushDance, Loudninja and some people whose name I can't spell. FFO wasn't there. We were pretty dominant. Oh yes.

So I started playing Multiplayer beta today and after 2 hours of play I popped in Uncharted 1 on easy just to refresh the story in my memory. I haven't been able to stop playing for six hours now!! That game is awesome! Can't wait for Uncharted 2!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom