• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about renting Uncharted 2, but It seems I will have to buy it! This is the first time ever I'm somewhat mad at the reviewers.. They made me spend $60!!! :)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
BruceLeeRoy said:
Shut the fu#$ up! It is! Who is offering that as a preorder bonus?

Pre-order bonuses (which you get no matter which version of the game you pre-order) from Swedish online retailer Webhallen:
• Currency multiplier (earn in-game currency faster for a limited amount of time)
• Beta code (no longer offered, would be a bit pointless)

Contents of the Limited Edition (steelbook):
• Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves game
• DLC gold weapons
• x2 multiplayer skins
• XMB theme

I've pre-ordered the Limited Edition of course, so yeah, feels good! ;)

Bonuses are usually not split up as much between different retailers here in Sweden, so you can get a lot of them from a single retailer. As long as you get the Limited Edition you get all of the stuff in that (which includes the XMB theme), no matter where you get it from, and then there's also the pre-order bonus. Some retailers offer early access to the Revenge booster (auto-throw grenade when you die) instead of the currency multiplier.

Norml

I love not having just plain walls.
2qaofb4.jpg

2evaruo.jpg

Some gameplay.
o0unhv.jpg

2nktish.jpg

Edit- wrong thread:(

deepbrown

Daante said:
I repeat: SONY GET YOUR MARKETING TOGHETER FOR THIS GAME!
I see an add on every UK video games website. It's everywhere.

And 51 reviews with 9.6/10 metascore - not bad.

22 reviews on metacritic with metascore 97/100 - Brill :D

deepbrown said:
I see an add on every UK video games website. It's everywhere.

And 51 reviews with 9.6/10 metascore - not bad.

22 reviews on metacritic with metascore 97/100 - Brill :D

The worst isnt over yet... we still have to see the Gamespot & Edge reviews.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Found another review from a magazine I've never heard of (in Sweden), 5/5 stars

deepbrown

Raist said:
Holy shit @ the reviews :eek:

I wonder when the non-exclusive reviews will start to hit tho.
What do you mean? That was yesterday. There's been 51... The exclusive ones were IGN and GamesRadar

So far Uncharted 2 is the 5th highest rated video game of all time.

thuway

Seiken said:
Found another review from a magazine I've never heard of (in Sweden), 5/5 stars
EDGE DON'T FUCK THIS UP.

Come on reviewers lets get that score up to a 99. Lets tie Ocarina of Time :lol. Be apart of the revolution. (one can dream right :) ) You deserve it ND!

thuway

Justin Dailey said:
It's impressive when the majority of reviews for a game (12 out of 22 at the moment) are 100%
In a perfect world we would have had a few more 100s, and would have looked at a 99 meta, but hey, I have my fanboy goggles on for the night. This beta is too much win.

Raist

Banned
deepbrown said:
What do you mean? That was yesterday. There's been 51... The exclusive ones were IGN and GamesRadar

So far Uncharted 2 is the 5th highest rated video game of all time.

I fail at sarcasm :(

Tom Penny

zoukka said:
Another post about reviews, another user who doesn't want to accept the fact that games are reviewed by people, not sites.

The consistency meme should be bannable.

Regardless in your bizarro world I guess

NFS Shift > UC2 "Uncharted 2 is the single best PS3-exclusive title to date" stated in their review

Sure...

Violater

This greatest of all time thing needs to stop, the moderate amount of enthusiasm is slowly giving way to hyperbole which can only come back to bite you in the ass.
I already see people looking to commit suicide off the hype train when the Metascore dips .01. Just chill

Arnie

Eurogamers review is a masterpiece and makes other reviews read in this here thread seem like blog posts. It also elevated my hype for UC2 beyond belief.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
rhino4evr said:
After the excitement of yesterday, im trying to bring my expectations down. Nothing good comes from high expectations.
it's all part of the fun. there's no harm in a bit of excitement, as long as it doesn't get... militant?

Poor Brutal Legend is getting buried under Uncharteds hype. Oh well I will still get them both :). Been on a pretty decent blackout so far, roll on the sequel to my favourite game this gen. Fuck its gone fast when you look back on it.

Shurs

aegies said:
I would say the same thing and I would give it the same score (at least, I would 16 chapters in).

Just to give some context, what games would be 5 out of 5 for you, Arthur.

RE: The Gamespy score: There's nothing wrong with 4.5 out of 5. It's a really good score. Who are we to say how person should think about a game we haven't played?

prophecy0 said:
edit: Is anyone else having trouble logging in to see their stats at ND's website?

Yea it wont validate my account... I am sure they will work out the kinks.

On a side note... I was never a really big Uncharted fan but I thought it was a fun game. This multiplayer demo is blowing my mind. I love how it plays so today I shall pre order this game. I needed a PS3 exclusive this fall anyways.

Girsej

At first I thought Sony was a bit crazy not to have more high profile exclusives this fall but seeing the score for Uncharted 2 I can understand why. Now they can throw more marketing money on this awesome game instead, I hope it pays off. :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
pseudocaesar said:
Poor Brutal Legend is getting buried under Uncharteds hype. Oh well I will still get them both :). Been on a pretty decent blackout so far, roll on the sequel to my favourite game this gen. Fuck its gone fast when you look back on it.
I reckon it'll find its audience, if EA market it well enough.

I expect Dead Space-ish numbers.

rhino4evr

Shurs said:
Just to give some context, what games would be 5 out of 5 for you, Arthur.

RE: The Gamespy score: There's nothing wrong with 4.5 out of 5. It's a really good score. Who are we to say how person should think about a game we haven't played?

I agree it is a good score, but I can see why it pisses people off, as the site gives out 5/5 reviews like they are going out of business.

I think that everyone pretty much knows by now that the game is really really good. So any discussion about how high a score should be is really just fanboy bait. I am interested to see if Edge crushes everyones dreams..that's always fun. If I had to put money on it though, I would bet the lowest score they give it will be an 8. Which is still very good. 7 or lower..forums will explode.

Girsej said:
At first I thought Sony was a bit crazy not to have more high profile exclusives this fall but seeing the score for Uncharted 2 I can understand why. Now they can throw more marketing money on this awesome game instead, I hope it pays off. :D

Im seeing alot of ads for this on uk tv, its like an explosion of a train you dont know wtf is going on then the screen just turns black and uncharted 2 screen title pops up. I have to say it was effective and getting the people in the room to say fuck was that.:lol

Puck

Banned
Aegies, are you still on with Nick for your bet of brutal legend (360 only) outselling uncharted 2? (i forgot if it was only 1 month or whatever)

Ashes

Banned
In terms of ratings, Little Big Planet did something similiar end of last year. Good to see, that we've got a fair few AAA titles coming this year as well.

Playing TR: Underworld right now and I got to so, UC is a ton better, across the board, in my opinion. I'm planning to play UC1 again right before jumping in to UC2. See exactly how big the jump is between the two.

Anybody else planning something similiar?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ashes1396 said:
In terms of ratings, Little Big Planet did something similiar end of last year. Good to see, that we've got a fair few AAA titles coming this year as well.

Playing TR: Underworld right now and I got to so, UC is a ton better, across the board, in my opinion. I'm planning to play UC1 again right before jumping in to UC2. See exactly how big the jump is between the two.

Anybody else planning something similiar?
I played through to that underground room in the Fortress that's flooded. I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

Great game. It's become a bit of a 'comfort game' for me, like HL2. I just go back to it randomly. I'm not sure if it's because it was my first PS3 game or something, but yeah, I'm really attached to it.

Shurs

Rez said:
I reckon it'll find its audience, if EA market it well enough.

I expect Dead Space-ish numbers.

If they market the game like it's an animated movie starring Jack Black, with funny scenes and whatnot, it could do well.

Shurs

Tom Penny said:
Is Demon Souls really coming out next week? I need a transition game or should I get Simga 2..decisions decisions.

I suggest, whichever game you choose, you buy a "chaser" game that's really easy, like Prince of Persia, Afrika or Flower.

Tom Penny said:
Is Demon Souls really coming out next week? I need a transition game or should I get Simga 2..decisions decisions.

i'll get them all: sigma 2, demon's soul and uncharted 2, all these games deserve my money

Violater said:
This greatest of all time thing needs to stop, the moderate amount of enthusiasm is slowly giving way to hyperbole which can only come back to bite you in the ass.
I already see people looking to commit suicide off the hype train when the Metascore dips .01. Just chill

i wish Metacritic was a futures market where we bet on the future review score. :lol

anticipation.

good reviews rolling in.

just waiting for the game to arrive; imagination running wild.

maybe my favorite part of a game's life cycle. like a little kid on Christmas eve.

I'm not one to critique how others enjoy their games, but if this is one of your most anticipated games, please take your time with it. Don't rush through and complete it in one or two sittings, even if you can. Live with the characters for a while. Explore every corner of its world.

relish, reflect, savor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom