• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cant0na

Banned
okay, after 7 ,mins of regular gameplay where he dies alot, His point of view goes Black, you cant see what he's doing (conveniently after we take the lead)

thats when everyone starts getting killed by him.

how do i upload the vid? i cant take screenshots on my tv cause the game wont let me (not 720p)

TheExecutive said:
Dont fire in controlled bursts but instead learn to compensate for the recoil. You cannot get enough bullets on the enemy to kill them in control bursts, or at least it will take you much longer. The key for me was learning to compensate for the recoil.
Excellent, I'll try that as well. I used to play a lot of unreal tournament back in the day (I was a PC gamer back then), and then I kind of stopped playing deathmatch all of a sudden and became more of a co-op/team based guy over the time, until I just kind of stopped the whole multiplayer thing (did a bit of Halo when it came out, but got tired of getting my arse handed to me every night, so I quit that as well). It'll come back to me, I guess (sooner rather than later I hope), but in the meantime, all of your tips are greatly appreciated :D

Cant0na said:
My whole team just got Meleed to death by an INVISIBLE guy that was under the map or something............. :/

the demos been out for like a day and there are people doing this kinda shit. wow
That's too bad. I just started playing last night and didn't really run into any cheaters/glitchers/griefers or anything like that. I hope the comunity stays that way, and of course, the success of the game will both influence and be influenced by Naughty Dog's commitment to keeping the game clean, updated and glitch free, which I trust they will.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
skip said:
as I understand it (and keep in mind I wasn't around for the decision/details), it was G4's decision, related to score conversion.

personally, I've got no problems with it.

That's too bad, I wish you guys would rethink it. It really was my main gateway to G4.

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
just look at the match in cinema mode.

The good thing is that if someone is glitching it's all on record.
angry.gif

MNC

How many minutes can a match be? I wanted to view a goldrush match but it was 24 minutes.. Too long I suppose?

ust played the demo for an hour, looks incredible. Hard to think it'll look even better in the SP when 'downgraded' multiplayer looks better than 95% of games already.

Something has bugged me a bit about what makes the lighting looks so good - particularly in enclosed area's like the temple around the statues. After playing the demo i'm thinking there must be some sort of GI going on in certain area's ...i swear the coloured statues/walls on that level 'bounce' their colour onto other walls and the characters. Looks great either way

LaneDS

MNC said:
How many minutes can a match be? I wanted to view a goldrush match but it was 24 minutes.. Too long I suppose?

I don't think there's any limit on how long the replays can be. By default it saves the last 20 games you played, unless you protect ones you specifically want to keep.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
MrJollyLivesNextDoor said:
Something has bugged me a bit about what makes the lighting looks so good - particularly in enclosed area's like the temple around the statues. After playing the demo i'm thinking there must be some sort of GI going on in certain area's ...i swear the coloured statues/walls on that level 'bounce' their colour onto other walls and the characters.
They actually have that. There's also subsurface scattering shader of some kind going on in snow, ice, skin and probably other kinds of surfaces too.

Amir0x

Banned
Lord Error said:
They actually have that. There's also subsurface scattering shader of some kind going on in snow, ice, skin and probably other kinds of surfaces too.

it's so advanced they have that shit scattering in your skin right now!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Amir0x said:
It's honestly pretty ridiculous the amount of graphical wizardry they've crammed into this, even before considering the quality of art direction and seemingly non existent performance penalty for all of it. The game is probably the posterchild of how much graphics work can be offloaded on CPU with PS3, as the GPU of that class just shouldn't be capable of doing all the stuff that's at display here.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I thought I could resist and go full blackout for this game and for Ratchet since E3 or so. Now I want to play this demo, but I am afraid of spoiling anything, locales, characters. I will have to be strong.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I thought I could resist and go full blackout for this game and for Ratchet since E3 or so. Now I want to play this demo, but I am afraid of spoiling anything, locales, characters. I will have to be strong.

The demo won't spoil you on the actual game, in my opinion. There still is a lot to be seen, especially if you haven't seen many of the gameplay videos. The multiplayer stuff is just a small preview of some of the environments you'll see in single player. Plus, it'll give you a little practice for when the full game comes out.

First experience of the beta, playing Co-op arena. I had a mic, and so did another guy whose PSN is TJskittlez.

Me: Hey man hows it going?
Him: Cool man... how do you like the game?
Me: Its my first game, so if i'm crap forgive me haha!
Him: No worries... So, do you like penis?
Me: Huh?
Him: Penis. I like penis... do you?
Me: Nope, but good for you.
Him: You sure? See i'm trying to find friends and I like to play with people who have something in common with me.
Me: Oh. Well I like Uncharted... i'm guessing we have that in common haha!
Him: But I like playing with people who are like me. Can you pretend to like penis for this game?
Me: Err. BRB.

I decreased the volume of my mic all the way down after that.

If anyone wants to play with me (i'm rank 1, so keep that in mind... I dont know the maps, and am not that good, but I have a mic, take directions well and dont team kill!), please friend me. PSN: iamcool388.

Thanks!

iamcool388 said:
First experience of the beta, playing Co-op arena. I had a mic, and so did another guy whose PSN is TJskittlez.

Him: You sure? See i'm trying to find friends and I like to play with people who have something in common with me.
Him: But I like playing with people who are like me. Can you pretend to like penis for this game?

If anyone wants to play with me (i'm rank 1, so keep that in mind... I dont know the maps, and am not that good, but I have a mic, take directions well and dont team kill!), please friend me. PSN: iamcool388.

Thanks!
:lol

To think people say PSN doesn't have a great community.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Both major newspapers here in Norway gave it 6/6. I'm tempted to pick it up, even though I played the UC1 demo and didn't like it very much.

iratA

Amir0x said:

:O I Believe.

This game obliterates every other game visually. I put the camera on free look during a replay and did a few tours around each of the levels. Naughty Gods indeed, I mean that statue with the multiple arms is absolutely flawless. Its hands down one of the best 3d assets I've seen in any game, let alone being rendered in an online environment. Honestly some one needs to take some pictures of this thing. There is not a jaggy to be seen it and you can even make out its toe nails. ITS TOE NAILS!!

Other things that blew me away include texture variety. Honestly someone needs to go and count the number of different wall, ceiling, floor, pillar and statue textures in that temple level and in the nepal warzone. The variety is simply of the charts. (no seriously)

The texture detail is also worth mentioning. Ungodly amount of hours has been poured into texture work here. You get the feeling that every inch of the environment has been carefullly put together like a giant jigsaw puzzle. Again, screens will show this.

All things considered UC2 almost feels like a next gen game to me. It simply doesn't look anywhere near the current standard. Help me GAF digest the awesome. Oh and yeah I can't get enough of this demo, addicted!? Maybe?

thaOwner

iamcool388 said:

Thanks!

Ok, thats funny.

HooCares

Neo Member
Cant0na said:
My whole team just got Meleed to death by an INVISIBLE guy that was under the map or something............. :/

the demos been out for like a day and there are people doing this kinda shit. wow

Fuck

iamcool388 said:
I'll add you. I have a mic too.

jett said:
Hrmm has ND eliminated headshots? There were in the first beta, and they don't seem to work here.
I haven't been able to land headshots either. Maybe I need some boosters? I'm not super accurate or anything, but I was deadly when playing Uncharted 1 back in the day, and to think I can't even pull a headshot now, it's kind of disheartening.

Danielsan

Man, I really have to get used to the grenade nerving. It's a lot better this way but I wish a dead on hit with the grenade launcher still was an insta-kill.

iamcool388 said:

Thanks!

My PSN is in my profile if ya want to add me. I have a mic as well.

Chaplain

iamcool388 said:

Have you been here yet?

http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx

MercuryLS

Banned
I want to play some co-op Gold Rush with some people that actually use a headset, fuck.

If you're interested add me to PSN, my tag is MLS3.

Alex

Gold Rush is hard! At least it is with two players. :lol About the fifth round these guys in black rappelled down and broke both our necks instantly! Rude!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Blu_LED said:
Are there any others Amazon promotions for the game? I entered in my ECA code, but it's still over the MSRP, because I got release date delivery.

get it into your gold box for additional discount. Mine came to $60.12 with release date delivery (also cheaper if you have prime).

Dizzan said:
Does anyone know if there will be any
Jungle
maps in mp?

no, but the lost city is jungle-ish

all maps:
http://g4tv.com/games/ps3/57025/unc...8484/Uncharted-2-Video-Center/#article-detail

Alex said:
Gold Rush is hard! At least it is with two players. :lol About the fifth round these guys in black rappelled down and broke both our necks instantly! Rude!

Yeah it gets really intense when there are a number of snipers scanning the map, a guy with a minigun and the guys that grab you coming at you in packs. If your team can't act as a unit then there is no way to survive.

MercuryLS

Banned
Alex said:

Yeah, those guys are beasts. Man this mode is fun, but I need people with headsets so we can actually coordinate a battle plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom