• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manus

Man, after 5 matches I'm in love with this game. I'm still getting used to the PS3 controller since I just got my PS3, but man I love this demo.

Some of it reminds me so much of Gears of War 1 which is a great thing.

Loudninja

I hate when teammates run off just to fight,than when they get choke or wounded I have to drop the treasure and run over across the map to help them ugh.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
iratA said:
The texture detail is also worth mentioning. Ungodly amount of hours has been poured into texture work here.

And yet the texture detail/resolution is significantly lower in multiplayer than in singleplayer (especially on characters). MP looks amazing, SP will look AMAZING!!!11!1!!

MercuryLS

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
Man, after 5 matches I'm in love with this game. I'm still getting used to the PS3 controller since I just got my PS3, but man I love this demo.

Some of it reminds me so much of Gears of War 1 which is a great thing.

Yeah it's a lot like Gears but nowhere near as broken thanks to bullet lag.

Thanks a lot Cliffy you fucking bastard.

MercuryLS

Banned
Loudninja said:
I hate when teammates run off just to fight,than when they get choke or wounded I have to drop the treasure and run over across the map to help them ugh.

Pisses me off too, we should team up. MLS3 is my PSN tag, add me.

iamcool388 said:
First experience of the beta, playing Co-op arena. I had a mic, and so did another guy whose PSN is TJskittlez.

Me: Hey man hows it going?
Him: Cool man... how do you like the game?
Me: Its my first game, so if i'm crap forgive me haha!
Him: No worries... So, do you like penis?
Me: Huh?
Him: Penis. I like penis... do you?
Me: Nope, but good for you.
Him: You sure? See i'm trying to find friends and I like to play with people who have something in common with me.
Me: Oh. Well I like Uncharted... i'm guessing we have that in common haha!
Him: But I like playing with people who are like me. Can you pretend to like penis for this game?
Me: Err. BRB.

I decreased the volume of my mic all the way down after that.

If anyone wants to play with me (i'm rank 1, so keep that in mind... I dont know the maps, and am not that good, but I have a mic, take directions well and dont team kill!), please friend me. PSN: iamcool388.

Thanks!

:lol I think that TJskittlez dude was pulling your leg.

I would said like "yeah brah! I love me some penises, I got two to cover all bases. What about you mang?"

Then enjoy the backfire from his own joke.

Raist

Banned
MercuryLS said:
I want to play some co-op Gold Rush with some people that actually use a headset, fuck.

If you're interested add me to PSN, my tag is MLS3.

I hear TJskittlez is a cool guy

iratA

Don't know if its been mentioned but if you create a co-op game on Nepal Warzone and manually set the difficulty to normal you unlock Hard mode once you complete it. Damn is it hard!

iratA said:
Don't know if its been mentioned but if you create a co-op game on Nepal Warzone and manually set the difficulty to normal you unlock Hard mode once you complete it. Damn is it hard!

Awww, you poor thing :( Wait until you try Crushing with 2 players!

naib

Saint Francis said:
Could someone tell me how you unlock the boosts?
I'm just at level 7 right now.
I think you have some boost available at lvl 7.
Just hit R1 in the matchmaking screen to see what's available.

Greg

Gave the beta another shot because I haven't played since the last beta, but I still don't like the MP component at all... can't even stand to play for more than 2 matches at a time before I lose interest.

I can't wait for SP, however - the first gave me 4 plays worth of fun, and the only footage/pictures of U2 that I've seen was from the live demo they did at E3.

iratA

Baloonatic said:
Awww, you poor thing :( Wait until you try Crushing with 2 players!
I tried Hard with two and yeah you need to have a good team. But wait there's crushing on the co-op? Oh boy now I'm determined to beat it. This is the demo that just keeps on giving. :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've been playing in this beta since it started, and I have to say, I like co-op a fuckload more than deathmatch. I found the deathmatch totally unfun because of the lack of familiarity of weapon placement and such (and got my ass rocked), but the co-op is just a total joy to play. Also, lots of cool player to play with.

Alex

Weapons I didnt find to be as big of a deal, and most are pretty easy to find

I found my blue tooth headset! Does anyone wanna play co-op or something. My friends list is pretty barren for PS3.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
iamcool388 said:
First experience of the beta, playing Co-op arena. I had a mic, and so did another guy whose PSN is TJskittlez.

Me: Hey man hows it going?
Him: Cool man... how do you like the game?
Me: Its my first game, so if i'm crap forgive me haha!
Him: No worries... So, do you like penis?
Me: Huh?
Him: Penis. I like penis... do you?
Me: Nope, but good for you.
Him: You sure? See i'm trying to find friends and I like to play with people who have something in common with me.
Me: Oh. Well I like Uncharted... i'm guessing we have that in common haha!
Him: But I like playing with people who are like me. Can you pretend to like penis for this game?
Me: Err. BRB.

I decreased the volume of my mic all the way down after that.

If anyone wants to play with me (i'm rank 1, so keep that in mind... I dont know the maps, and am not that good, but I have a mic, take directions well and dont team kill!), please friend me. PSN: iamcool388.

Thanks!

This stuff happens all the time:lol :lol :lol. It's weird how anonymity brings out this kind of stuff. Everybody should drop that guy a message on PSN.

Loudninja said:
I think I played with you and CrushDance last night, just two quick matches while in a party. I had to split, but it was fun. I'll be on again later today (in about 3 hours, I hope, once I'm out of the office). Will look for you guys then. Maybe we can get a party started again and enjoy some co-op/objective based games.

:D Good times!

iratA said:
I tried Hard with two and yeah you need to have a good team. But wait there's crushing on the co-op? Oh boy now I'm determined to beat it. This is the demo that just keeps on giving. :)

It's crazy, most of the enemies are the protected ones that you have to shoot in the head multiple times to kill. Me and my friend managed to do it yesterday but it took a lot of tries. I think the key is conserving Deagle ammo.

Tom Penny

Somebody should create a UC2 mic list. I'm addicted to goldrush but it is much easier to play that with people with mics and more or less sucks if people don't know what to do + don't have mics.

If anyone can beat it with just 2 people in the group then you deserve a platinum trophy.

Loudninja

FunkyPajamas said:
I think I played with you and CrushDance last night, just two quick matches while in a party. I had to split, but it was fun. I'll be on again later today (in about 3 hours, I hope, once I'm out of the office). Will look for you guys then. Maybe we can get a party started again and enjoy some co-op/objective based games.

:D Good times!

You did good games :)

Amir0x

Banned
Tom Penny said:
Somebody should create a UC2 mic list. I'm addicted to goldrush but it is much easier to play that with people with mics and more or less sucks if people don't know what to do + don't have mics.

If anyone can beat it with just 2 people in the group then you deserve a platinum trophy.

In the Uncharted 2 multiplayer thread in the online forum, you can put whether or not you have a mic. The convenient spread then tells you everyone who has a mic and what modes they prefer to play, etc.

Tom Penny said:

I think the MP list has a question whether they have a mic or not. EDIT: Beaten

Between Killzone 2 and its DLC maps, The Show 09, Wipeout Fury, A Crack in Time, Uncharted 2 and GoW3 and GT5 next year, PS3 first party games seem to have consistent technical edge over other system exclusive efforts.

Amir0x

Banned
Bricfa said:
Did someone beat me to it? I didn't see it.

Edit: just to be clear, that is not the xplay review.

Yeah I clicked the link and didn't scroll down to see there wasn't a review, but it was Sessler's soapbox. It is 2 hours old but yeah, I don't recall seeing it posted. My bad!

Amir0x said:
Yeah I clicked the link and didn't scroll down to see there wasn't a review, but it was Sessler's soapbox. It is 2 hours old but yeah, I don't recall seeing it posted. My bad!
It deserves its own thread!

No! It deserves its own forum!

8O!

Man, Sessler really thinks this is The Game. One Game To Rule Them All.

RoadHazard said:
And yet the texture detail/resolution is significantly lower in multiplayer than in singleplayer (especially on characters). MP looks amazing, SP will look AMAZING!!!11!1!!
any truth to this? i know it will look better but is it really significantly

haldalish said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's true. If you go into cinema mode, you can zoom in and see that all of the character textures aren't as high res as you see in the single player. Obviously, you won't be able to zoom in during the match, so it's really to make it run smooth. You won't be able to notice the difference.

LaneDS

haldalish said:

Almost certainly. That's pretty much the norm for these types of games, comparing multiplayer to single player. But I think you can just look at the scope of some of the set pieces and see that single player will be doing things visually that multiplayer can't touch (like the train section, for example). I don't know about the texture resolution and other effects, but it seems very likely.

LaneDS

jump_button said:
Any spoilers?

Not if you just listen to him talk. If you watch the footage playing behind him, it's a good section of gameplay from early in the game being played. Footage is new I believe.

So whose calling in sick on the job on release day to play the game?:D

Im already working on a convincing excuse for my boss on that day :lol

Lince

Banned
thank you Viper and Live, I'll be wasting my time with the MAG Beta then... I know the mechanics of Uncharted well but omg @ MAG :lol

I have the Official Playstation Headset, but it catches waaaay too much noise. I hate people who have their headsets catching everything in their god damn room, so I don't want to hate myself.

Facism

Lince said:
thank you Viper and Live, I'll be wasting my time with the MAG Beta then... I know the mechanics of Uncharted well but omg @ MAG :lol

i'd join you in mag, but apparently the install is now more than the 4gigs of free space i have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom