• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
texturezilla!
2gxi36e.jpg

I'm down to play with some cool GAFers. I been playing with some IGN people, but you guys seem to really get into it over here, so I'm hoping for some good games. I'm level 20, mostly play co-op, insist on being a team player, and have a mic. My ID is perineumlick.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Shining Sunshine said:
Let me guess.

Too short
Long loading times
Nate talks too much

Pros
-There is Jizz everywhere

Cons
-There is Jizz everywhere

Anyways, I forgot I can get the demo now!!! SO lucky for me ^_^

Cant0na

Banned
Will demo shutoff after release?

i cant get the game until late this year/early next. wondering if i can play the demo later down the road

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So there's still no awesome CE game yet? Just pre-order bonuses?

Time to start looking into import options then if that's the case. I know us aussies get a limited edition box, but it's just a box, even if it is steelbook packaging. Whatever the heck that is :lol

ismaboof

Should I play Uncharted before I get #2? The demo just really turned me on to this game, but I have very limited game time (fucking uni).

If no, I buy

ismaboof said:
Should I play Uncharted before I get #2? The demo just really turned me on to this game, but I have very limited game time (fucking uni).

If no, I buy

I recommend playing Uncharted 1 first, but it's not CRUCIAL, i've heard. Play the first one because it's cheap and fairly short, and i have a feeling Uncharted 1 won't be nearly as awesome to play after we've all played 2.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Hype...overfloweth. I actually saw an advert on UK TV the other night. Ramp it up Sony, this is it!

God do I want them to send ads here in Denmark sponsoring some mainstream TV shows, just like back when I saw Halo 3 ads every fucking minute on Kanal(channel) 5.

Id love to see them go all out and put posters on bus stops. Probably wont happen though.

ismaboof said:

If no, I buy

Play it. Its not necessary for the story, but its great fun, and it will be good for you to know the characters and whats happened to them before Uncharted 2.

Its short, its cheap, and its one of the best games this generation. You should play it if you can.

autobzooty said:
I recommend playing Uncharted 1 first, but it's not CRUCIAL, i've heard. Play the first one because it's cheap and fairly short, and i have a feeling Uncharted 1 won't be nearly as awesome to play after we've all played 2.
Man, I feel like Uncharted is long. Maybe I just take it too safe on some of those fights in the harder difficulty.

Shining Sunshine said:
Man, I feel like Uncharted is long. Maybe I just take it too safe on some of those fights in the harder difficulty.

Hard mode does make it a lot longer, I admit.

I guess i wouldn't say it's a SHORT game, but it's definitely not a LONG game. It's got good pacing and is easy to complete for the average gamer.

MNC

ismaboof said:

If no, I buy
Wondering the same without the time frame. The Uncharted 1's demo wasn't that fun.

slipknot2009

Neo Member
Cant0na said:
Will demo shutoff after release?

i cant get the game until late this year/early next. wondering if i can play the demo later down the road

Yeah, the demo will stop on October 12, won't run at all after the release of the game.

As for that 7/10 review... if you read it, the things he complains about are stupid. Anyone who's played Drake's Fortune knows that there will be "unrealistic" supernatural stuff in the game, that's the franchise. It's like bashing Halo for taking place on other planets.

MercuryLS

Banned
I thought Uncharted 1 was awesome, but it didn't blow me away. All this praise that Uncharted 2 is getting is amazing, I'm expecting big things from it.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
MercuryLS said:
I thought Uncharted 1 was awesome, but it didn't blow me away. All this praise that Uncharted 2 is getting is amazing, I'm expecting big things from it.

WTF. Uncharted 1 is one of the top 5 games of this generation.

mclaren777

ismaboof said:
I recently beat Uncharted on Crushing (the hardest difficulty setting) over the course of two days. In-game time was roughly nine hours. If you can find time, make time.

ismaboof said:

If no, I buy
Yes, get the original Uncharted. I loved it, and I played it many times. It's definitely a great game.

squinters

astigmatic
MNC said:
Wondering the same without the time frame. The Uncharted 1's demo wasn't that fun.
The demo is easily the worst Uncharted experience I've had. When taken out of context, that section of the game that was in the demo becomes boring and lifeless. In the full game, though, it's much funner.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
squinters said:
The demo is easily the worst Uncharted experience I've had. When taken out of context, that section of the game that was in the demo becomes boring and lifeless. In the full game, though, it's much funner.

I disagree... it did however make the game seem incredibly difficult.

MercuryLS

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
WTF. Uncharted 1 is one of the top 5 games of this generation.

It's was for me too until the completely changed the nature of the game at the end. That didn't sit well for me.

When Sessler says that it's like playing Raiders of the Lost Ark I get a massive chubby. Can't wait.

ismaboof

lastinline said:
Yes, get the original Uncharted. I loved it, and I played it many times. It's definitely a great game.

Damnit damn damn I'm running too low on time and money!

Pinball Williams
Brutal Legend
NHL

So good but so bad! I don't even have an HDTV yet.

Wow, how did Adam Sessler feel about the original? The first game was great but the way he talks about Uncharted 2 it's leaps and bonds better.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MNC said:

The full game is a better game than the demo lets on.

Uncharted 1 is easily the game of the generation so far (until Uncharted 2 blows it out of the water).

Both are easily a fun experience that I haven't had with games in a LONG while. If only because the character interaction between characters and the animations of said characters makes it actually genuine.

Not to mention that the gameplay is fun, something Gears of War couldn't say.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
TheSeks said:
The full game is a better game than the demo lets on.

Uncharted 1 is easily the game of the generation so far (until Uncharted 2 blows it out of the water).

Both are easily a fun experience that I haven't had with games in a LONG while. If only because the character interaction between characters and the animations of said characters makes it actually genuine.

Not to mention that the gameplay is fun, something Gears of War couldn't say.

I wouldn't say easily the best game. Gears is a fun game I thought, Gears 2 is definitely better. I thought Resistance 1 was up there this gen, the MLB games and LBP.

edit- Uncharted is my favorite game this gen, but just saying it's not without competition.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Add me too PSN: dudehans

I'm not playing right now (can't spoil it) but I'll be playing the hell out of it when it releases.

Manus

I love how sometimes when running your player will take a slight stumble. This game has so much detail.

Also, I love the snow level. Looks so good!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
skip said:
as I understand it (and keep in mind I wasn't around for the decision/details), it was G4's decision, related to score conversion.

personally, I've got no problems with it.
:bow

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
msdstc said:
I wouldn't say easily the best game. Gears ais a fun game I thought, Gears 2 is definitely better. I thought Resistance 1 was up there this gen, the MLB games and LBP.

edit- Uncharted is my favorite game this gen, but just saying it's not without competition.

Gears was too boring, to me. Plug holes, take cover, shoot/chainsaw.

I think it was because it was too brown/grey for my liking.

In any case: Uncharted 1 is still my game of the generation. I went in with low expectations and was blown away. I haven't been a huge fan of Naughty Dog (I don't really care about 3D platformers unless they're like Mirror's Edge), but Uncharted 1 made me a believer.

Shurs

aegies said:
I was actually thinking about that reading the thread. Um, Bioshock, Fallout 3, God of War 2, HL2 Ep2, A Link to the Past, maybe Halo 3? It's hard to score something retrospectively, because being in the moment is such a big part of grading something like a game. The shift review was written by a different person than Uncharted was, so the comparison there is stupid. Maybe Rory would have given it a 5, but he didn't review it.

And yeah, Nick and I do have a bet that the 360 SKU of Brutal Legend is going to outsell Uncharted 2 in October (for dinner). Not because I want U2 to sell poorly (I don't), but because I don't think the content appeals to the demographic it seems like it's being marketed to in a generalized way. Uncharted reviewed extremely well too, and it didn't sell commensurately with those reviews.

I'm kicking myself for the missing question mark. I shouldn't be allowed to post in the morning.

Arthur, from the games you listed, it's clear that you appreciate having an active role in the unfolding of the story rather than a passive one. It makes sense that Uncharted 2 might not completely be your thing. This is why it's silly to get upset about game reviews, it comes down to the opinion of the reviewer and, unless their opinion is completely ridiculous, it's hard to argue with the way someone feels about something can can be judged subjectively.

Alex

Gears co-op is really fun, I really wish Uncharted had campaign co-op. Even if all they did was add a second char, and double enemy attributes or something so it doesn't interfere with the single player design, I'd adore it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
TheSeks said:
Gears was too boring, to me. Plug holes, take cover, shoot/chainsaw.

I think it was because it was too brown/grey for my liking.

In any case: Uncharted 1 is still my game of the generation. I went in with low expectations and was blown away. I haven't been a huge fan of Naughty Dog (I don't really care about 3D platformers unless they're like Mirror's Edge), but Uncharted 1 made me a believer.

Gears was a bit on rails, but so are a ton of other games this gen. I'm not trying to be gears defense force here, but did you like any other shooters this gen? R1 was one of my favorite games this gen and that was a ton of brown and a ton of stop, cover, shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom