• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
peetfeet said:
from Naughty Dog Twitter ~10mins ago....

:D :D
:D

"Press X to Jump/Hold X to Climb onto things"
"Press O to Roll/Hold O to take cover"

:D

Or at least add it in the options :/
And at least for Roll/Cover.

Jumping/Climbing isnt so bad.

EDIT: DEDICATED SERVERS!!
:lol , not gonna happen
:(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
they're not going to fundamentally change the way the game controls in a patch, let's be realistic

dralla

just some cool kills in multi:

2q85zsi.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1IAI9_d1oY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooJn33HyqoQ

and how do you get the pirate skin? I know navarro was a comic-con bonus but never heard about pirate skins.

dralla said:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2q85zsi.jpg[/IG]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1IAI9_d1oY[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooJn33HyqoQ[/url]

and how do you get the pirate skin? I know navarro was a comic-con bonus but never heard about pirate skins.[/QUOTE]

Second video, nicely done:lol :lol :lol

Dave1988

FFObsessed said:
The jumps in the money you need to level up are just far too huge. I'm level 47 and I don't EVER see myself getting to 50, nevermind 60. It'll just take far too long. Kinda makes me lose motivation to play it.

It ain't that bad. They need to remove the 50k limit per match, though.

jax (old)

Banned
kitty got wet. for reals.

bring it. can't wait to see what happens this weekend.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE by PSN wide. I'd hate to be affected by release/patching across regions. I don't think the last patch affected AUS - but I think it did JPN?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
dralla said:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2q85zsi.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1IAI9_d1oY[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooJn33HyqoQ[/url]

[B]and how do you get the pirate skin?[/B] I know navarro was a comic-con bonus but never heard about pirate skins.[/QUOTE]
Its one of the bonus skins in the Euro Limited Edition. The other one being Baseball shirt Drake.

[IMG]http://img.skitch.com/20091125-b47eri9xi4ww782g6ei1ypnbx3.png

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Just beat this last night on hard.
Surprisingly - the final boss ended up being something of a pushover - I was worried reading some people comments prior - but I ended up only dying twice on him. For comparison I died at least 20times on the Train-"boss" fight (the dude, not the helicopter, although the latter killed me a lot too).

Anyway, I played both UCs back to back (I never got around to first one before, and I finally picked it up now together with 2), which also gave me a nice view how the game evolved.

I'm among those who think the sequel is improved in pretty much every way visually, as well as gameplay wise. I did enjoy the motor-boat levels in UC1 quite a bit though. At any rate, great ride, both of them.
With exception of jeep/truck shooting sequences(those kinda ruined the immersion for me, honestly) I never felt there was too much shooting either.
Though Lazarevich does make a great point at the end of the game to Drake.
And the way weather is used to augment the feel of certain fights was just fantastic.

mr_nothin said:
Oh hush you :lol

But yeah I would also like to have different controls. I would like to be able to hold O while in the air so I don't grab onto anything no matter how close I get to it. Its a pain going to the holes in the Ice Cave.

jett

D-Member
LOL I'm playing with doughnut drake for the first time, the part in Nepal Warzone where the beams break and the floor crumbles beneath you is so fucking hilarious now.

KurowaSan

my two cents on unlocking more maps for coop survival and changing item placement in every map. Now, if you ask me what I want, I'd love to see new maps for every mode.

Whatever it might be, I guess we'll be hearing about that "live update" they implemented.

peetfeet said:
And how many first party games see their online community nose dive after a couple of map packs being released?

Youre right, but they will never be free on a console. I fucking hate paid for maps, the worst idea ever.

k0ji-wd

I got Prakoso and Baseball shirt Drake with my LE, have only seen Navarro like 2, 3 times in MP.

I've also never had a problem with MP numbers, 99% of the time I'm onto a new game in about 30 seconds MAX, and if it takes longer than that I just cancel matchmaking then go back in.

And new maps PLEASE. . .I'll buy it all!

jax (old)

Banned
Killthee said:
Its one of the bonus skins in the Euro Limited Edition. The other one being Baseball shirt Drake.

20091125-b47eri9xi4ww782g6ei1ypnbx3.png

loving japanese box art! so cool. Nate looks cheeky!

golden knife... something boat?

I have the pal LE edition and that case is metal. its quite nice. worth the extra coin.

Matchmaking is actually fantastically fast now compared to where it was during beta, and during the start of the games release.

I used prakoso and because he was the only villian with a colourful top - at the start of my playthrough, people on my team when I was playing as villian would keep shooting me (this was when the game first launched)

Gyrian

Yesss! As someone said earlier, I welcome any and all new content for this game. Best online experience this year, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm wonder when they might enable Elena's U1 outfit. I'm told it was available in the beta at some point, and the final game keeps teasing it among the portraits shown while the match loads:

elena.jpg

I love the Japanese cover for U2; notice how Lazarevich looks like a soviet general, haha.

Yeef

So I just watched The International. Overall it was a good movie, even if it was a little spotty, but the shootout scene reminded me how awesome the co-op objective stuff is in Uncharted 2. It sucks so much that they don't plan on putting out any new campaigns as DLC.

cornerman

Yeef said:
So I just watched The International. Overall it was a good movie, even if it was a little spotty, but the shootout scene reminded me how awesome the co-op objective stuff is in Uncharted 2. It sucks so much that they don't plan on putting out any new campaigns as DLC.

Not to say the following should be implemented by Naughty Dog...but I'd like to see more games that just focus on coop rather than your traditional multiplayer...like scrap it all together and make the coop your main driver for DLC. People seem to be very picky and particular when it comes to multiplayer, but coop has its faults overlooked/forgiven more so than not.

Is there any idea when the update will be up? I got this on my Google Reader feed today, but when I click the link nothing comes up.

Naughty Dog Blog said:
UNCHARTED 2 Title Update now up
A required Title Update for UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is now up. Details on what’s been changed and addressed after the jump. As you may have spotted on the PlayStation.blog, the next time you start up UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves you will be required to download an update to the game. (Japan and Asia regions — your update will be available next week.) Here’s the list of (most of) the changes we made. Some changes have been withheld to protect the innocent. Addressed respawn points when the artifact goes out of bounds in the Plunder gametype Dynamically adjust the win condition for fewer players during the course of a match Added features to deter players from voluntarily leaving during a match Added rate limit to “When a Chapter is Completed” Twitter event Fixed a display issue during letterboxing Fixed Danish Trophy description Fixed screenshot utility in standard definition resolutions Fixed the “Players Met” list not displaying recent players Addressed a variety of Multiplayer connectivity issues As we said before, there’s some more changes that were made that we didn’t list out, all in the name of improving the UNCHARTED 2 experience offline and online.

Melfice7

Fersis said:
How many first party games had free maps as DLC?

none but they very well damn should be, its not about being cheap its about splitting the community every single time screw that -.-

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dedication Through Light said:
Is there any idea when the update will be up? I got this on my Google Reader feed today, but when I click the link nothing comes up.

that was the first update

Played a bunch last night, some really good games. The very first match, it was me, two 40's, one other 38 and a 14 going against 50, 50, 48, 52, 57. They were talking so much shit before it started, no one on our team says anything.

Match starts and it's just domination. We smoke them 5 - 0. Afterwards, one of our 40's hops on and says: "That's why you shouldn't talk shit before the match starts, bitches. Pwnt."

Enjoying this much more now, seriously thinking about taking MW2 back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom