• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tass0

Banned
I like how Metacritic are trying to bring Uncharted 2's metascore down. 100+ reviews and they're still adding more, unsuprisingly the lowest review scores they can find.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
2yngqix.jpg

naughty gods

Looks great. I was hoping we would get Uncharted 1 maps. So, so awesome.

They used my favorite music from Uncharted 2 for that trailer, too!

Solo

tass0 said:
I like how Metacritic are trying to bring Uncharted 2's metascore down. 100+ reviews and they're still adding more, unsuprisingly the lowest review scores they can find.

TEH CONSPIRACY
METACRITIC AM OWNED BY MICROSOFT AM CONFIRMED

KZObsessed

Is the double cash gonna include medals this time? Because last time it was a barely noticeable difference. Anyway I'll be playing KZ2 this weekend, stupid timing.

tass0 said:

Well I believe it's still the highest rated game this year. Lowest review is from some unknown site and is 89. Every other review has been 90+

Solo

BattleMonkey said:
Well I believe it's still the highest rated game this year. Lowest review is from some unknown site and is 89. Every other review has been 90+

Exactly. Its one of the highest rated games of the year, and is going to win all sorts of GOTY awards. What more do you want?

jett said:
FFFFFUUUUUUUU

All those that have been saying UC1 has better graphics than UC2 just got destroyed.
What are you talking about, that's an Uncharted 1 level and looks just as awesome as Uncharted 2.
Yeah, I know :lol

tass0 said:

Wow they must have scoured the globe to find that 89. :lol

jett

D-Member
timkunedo said:
who in their right minds would say such a thing?

people with rose-tinted glasses. :p

truthfully i used to think the textures were better in UC1 a while ago...but I was so, so wrong. Some others thought the game had better looking jungles too.

Replaying a bit of the beginning of UC1 showed me just how MUCH better Borneo looks than the jungles of UC1.

WinFonda

BattleMonkey said:
Yeah, but he has a point in that metacritic is not consistent in adding or counting reviews. Every game has a varying number of review contributions. For a site that formulates top 10 and 'best of' categories, that's not exactly kosher. For instance, the top game on PS3 is Grand Theft Auto 4 with a 98 score, but it has only 48 contributing reviews. In contrast, Uncharted 2 has 102 contributing reviews (most on the site as far as I know) but of course has a slightly lower score with a 96.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
tass0 said:

Is this a serious post? I thought the entire point of metacritic is to get every review of a game into an average. So how is what they are doing with U2 any different than any other game?

NeoUltima

Free map download isn't limited to this weekend is it(as in will be charged for it later)? I will be away from my PS3 :(

Anyway, ND plan will work. I will totally play again to check out new map, and most likely get hooked again. I never got bored of the MP, but other games came out so I stopped.

WinFonda

I wonder if doughnut lezaravich will be purchasable after the event? Or hell, doughnut versions of every character? Though I'm not sure how I feel about being such a huge target. Death will come fast.

It's fitting though the day after thanksgiving everyone is packing a few extra pounds. ;)

WinFonda said:
I wonder if doughnut lezaravich will be purchasable after the event? Or hell, doughnut versions of every character? Though I'm not sure how I feel about being such a huge target. Death will come fast.

It's fitting though the day after thanksgiving everyone is packing a few extra pounds. ;)

I thought Drake and Lazarevic's Doughnut characters are unlockables (have to reach a certain amount of level, similar to skeleton skin).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Solo said:
Exactly. Its one of the highest rated games of the year, and is going to win all sorts of GOTY awards. What more do you want?
I'm pretty sure it's the highest rated game this year, but really where on earth did they find more than hundred reviews? o_O Most other games, even big games, have about half that.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
shagg_187 said:
I thought Drake and Lazarevic's Doughnut characters are unlockables (have to reach a certain amount of level, similar to skeleton skin).
Drake's is purchasable at 60 (good luck reaching that level :lol), but Lazarevic's isn't available in the store. Villain side has Skelzor available for purchase at lv 60.

Danielsan

This week was supposed to be the week I laid UC2 down to rest for a bit. Guess those plans are canceled.

Started my crushing run this week. Almost done with that. I will only have to get some more treasures and a couple of easy trophies for my platinum. Should be done before the weekend. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom