• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittonwy

Banned
andycapps said:
I haven't had a chance yet to login and play the new map yet, but Naughty Dog should definitely think about doing a Santa Claus and Grinch skin for Christmas. Or if the Grinch is copyrighted... Ebenezer Scrooge? Something like that.

Or it could just be Drake dressed up as Santa and Chloe Ms. Claus. :lol

Elena should be dressed up as Ms Claus.
angry.gif

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Danielsan said:
Finally got my Uncharted 2 platinum trophy.
Back to multiplayer I go.

That said, I really hope they bring out some single player DLC (paid).
Maybe set it between UC1 and UC2.
An additional 2-3 hours of UC2 quality single player would be delicious.
Eye of Indra adapted into a game would be awesome also.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Is it just me, or did the single player load times get much longer going from boot to title screen and from title screen to game with this new patch? (in game seems unaffected...)

Interstellar

Neo Member
Minamu said:
I can't find the new map on EU PSN? :S Part of a patch or something?

Required patch. If it doesn't come up in matchmaking, you can go into a custom game > machinima mode > Fort to get an idea of the layout.

Snipes424 said:
So after not playing for a couple weeks, I log in to see the new update, get into a match, die from grenades 4 times in a row, turn off the PS3.

The end.

LOL seriously people just drop grenades and run even when they are next to you rather than attack you.

Violater said:
Guns are obsolete in the game.

...yet I keep killing the people who only use grenades and manage to evade them. Strange, I'm not even that good.

Btw I mostly use grenades on assholes with shotguns. I leave them behind me when they're chasing me. :lol

Danielsan

fortified_concept said:
...yet I keep killing the people who only use grenades and manage to evade them. Strange, I'm not even that good.

Btw I mostly use grenades on assholes with shotguns. I leave them behind me when they're chasing me. :lol
Pretty much. Grenades are for shotguns, snipers and when you're about to die in a gunfight. :D

Chamber

love on your sleeve
momolicious said:
LOL seriously people just drop grenades and run even when they are next to you rather than attack you.
Well after the ninth or tenth time you get screwed with your bullets or melee strikes not registering, you realize it's better to just drop a nade.

Chamber said:
Well after the ninth or tenth time you get screwed with your bullets or melee strikes not registering, you realize it's better to just drop a nade.

This. I've been one-shotted via melee before, shot with three bullets and pwnt, emptied an entire clip into someone at close range, watch them roll away, melee them once and they still didn't drop. That said, I've had my fair share "How the fuck did I live through that?", so I just suck it up and keep playing. Too fun.

The teleport punch however is a source of continual frustration. But whenever I see a cheating wall-hacking fuck, I kill him immediately. Last time it happened was in the Temple--someone was in the lower right wall/pillar as you come down the stairs. Pistol whipped.

Steroyd

The Fort is great, manage to come top of a sniper pistole match, but i've got the general idea, of how the map is in other modes (went straight to looking for where the nade launcher should be :lol ).

Rode my luck with my connection, hopefully it'll hold out just as well when I go to play U2 tomorrow. :S

Dave1988

Hey, arne, can you do something about the cash per match cap? 50k is really too meager a sum. 100k or 150k would be just perfect.

reKon

Banned
The main issue I have with multiplayer is that it gets ridiculous when people who rather drop grenades than shoot you. There's nothing a hate more than letting someone who is horrid kill me with a grenade.

Bizzyb

Banned
Just started playing this game and I'll say it here and now.

THIS is the interactive movie experience MGS4 should have been. Sure Sure there are a lot of scripted moments, but they play out SO well that I had to check plenty of times to make sure that I was still actually controlling these awesome moments.

Irish

Haven't had a chance to play this weekend, but I hope they fixed DtI in addition to adding a new map and fattifying Lazarevic.

EDIT: I'm the worst player you will ever meet, yet the only grenades that ever manage to hit me come from my teammates. How could you guys possibly suck worse than me in any fashion? I bet you also use Down the Irons you cheating fucks.

agaru

Nice shots, Cesar.

Irish said:
EDIT: I'm the worst player you will ever meet, yet the only grenades that ever manage to hit me come from my teammates. How could you guys possibly suck worse than me in any fashion? I bet you also use Down the Irons you cheating fucks.
Nope, you are a good player and understand teamwork.

Don't let this man fool you, guys.

10dollas

Banned
Greg said:
Wait, I don't play that often - what's wrong with down the irons?

It injects unhealthy amounts of autoaim into your guns.

Spawn point bullshit seems to still be in full effect. There is nothing like killing a guy way on the other side of the Fort map and having the same guy come and snap your back almost immediately after...

Irish said:

Same here dude, same here. I'm not that good but I rarely get killed by grenades. I suspect some of the people who complain that they get killed by grenades use shotgun a lot. In that case you deserve it you lazy bastards.

YOU HEAR ME? I ENJOY KILLING WITH GRENADES EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU SHOTGUN TOTING BASTARDS. I LAUGH AFTER YOU DIE.

fortified_concept said:
Same here dude, same here. I'm not that good but I rarely get killed by grenades. I suspect some of the people who complain that they get killed by grenades use shotgun a lot. In that case you deserve it you lazy bastards.

YOU HEAR ME? I ENJOY KILLING WITH GRENADES EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU SHOTGUN TOTING BASTARDS. I LAUGH AFTER YOU DIE.

I haven't used shotgun for a long time but I get killed by grenades all the damm time. It wasnt that bad when i played today but usually when i'm just about finished emptying a clip in someone they throw a grenade because they know they are going to die and it hits and kills me.

timkunedo

Just played 5-6 great games. Glad the money situation got fixed. love, LOVE the new map!

edit: oh and i love to play as the fatties! I'll never get to lvl 60 or whatever it takes to play as one of them so this was nice for me.

jax (old)

Banned
Dave1988 said:
Hey, arne, can you do something about the cash per match cap? 50k is really too meager a sum. 100k or 150k would be just perfect.

QFT

Played a lot of UC2 MP last night. Its amazing how I've now grown to appreciate elimination + the other game modes. Just too much fun. The MP as far as I'm concerned if the ultimate game. I just dig it. A lot.

Milk Lizard said:
I haven't used shotgun for a long time but I get killed by grenades all the damm time. It wasnt that bad when i played today but usually when i'm just about finished emptying a clip in someone they throw a grenade because they know they are going to die and it hits and kills me.

Thats just revenge though

Milk Lizard said:

I usually manage to evade these unless there's this fucking lag that ruins games in which case you're screwed. I think ND made a perfectly balanced and very addicting multiplayer that unfortunately has problematic netcode and matchmaking system. If we had dedicated servers most of these complains wouldn't even be an issue.

Irish

_leech_ said:
What? Why?

Did you not give him backup when he was fighting against that single guy? Did you try to give him backup (which requires you to wound the enemy only) and steal his kill instead? Were you thirty feet in front of him, 'blocking his view'?

Expect stupid shit like that when playing with P Wo Nagger. No offense man, you know I love you.

Also, if you are using the shotgun, you should be so close to your opponent, that any grenade they throw will fly ten feet away from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom