• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Had a connection error halfway through a long match of Co-op arena -- but it still gave me the money I had earned during the previous rounds, which is a huge improvement. Nothing was worse than getting disconnected against your will 15 minutes (or more) into a co-op game and getting nothing for it.

Kudos, Naughty Dog.

Everything is wayyyy too expensive. Even with the double cash going on it would still take an insane amount of time to be able to purchase a lot of the upgrades.

Rikyfree

Killthee said:
Special weekend skin. We had Skeletons vs. Zombies on Halloween and now Fatties for Thanksgiving.
Need the ladies in sexy santa's helpers costumes for holiday season. Elena (hero) vs. Chloe (villain)... mmmmm dat assssssss

=E

jax (old)

Banned
can't tell if there's double money but if the 50k cap is still there. Co-op play won't net any more than that. And, oh... great new map. The impact of playing all drake/fatty laza = :D. I wish sully's plane did more though :p

great update. Want more maps though. Like way more. Please?

jax (old)

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
wtf, is the new map in the rotation? It's never even come up through 20 games. :(

... I've played it over 10 times. Gotta say though. With 1 co-op game we had an american fellow who didn't understand "HEY STICK TOGETHER" and we never made it past level 7. The Fort's design makes survival mode amazingly good fun. Had a terrific time on it.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
did'nt get to play the new map

yea the rotation never got to it

but i just played for 2 hours, first time back since MW2. breath of fresh air

Yeah, I've also been having money issues. I downloaded the patch, and played some Deathmatch, and my medals were doubled in cash. Then, when I turned my PS3 off, and then put it back on later, my medals were the regular amount of cash. Asked a friend on my friend's list if he was having any problems, and he didn't. It seemed as I was getting double cash on Co-op Arena medals too, but that also stopped. I really hope this gets fixed, because I didn't spend that much time playing when the cash was working.

Okay, enough about the negative, now about the positives. The Fort map, wow, just wow. I think it's my favorite map. Yeah, it can be bright at times, but it is so beautiful. This map has made me want more maps, and I'll gladly pay for any in the future. The underground part of The Fort is also really cool as well. Totally loving donut Drake and donut Lazarevic, and it's so fun to play as both of them. So, yeah, I'm loving this update and weekend thing, just only wish the cash was working.

belvedere said:
Well, my MW2 phase didn't last long. It's back to UC2 and KZ2 multi.

It feels good to be back.

:lol
I feel the same. I think I'm just going to stick with Uncharted 2.

Also, I love how The Fort is also available in Co-Op Arena. I didn't think they were going to put it in there, but they did. :D

Multiplayer in this feels REALLY REALLY good. There some epic, crazy looking scenes when 2 or 3 people are all jumping into a battle at the same time, and the sound of the gunfire becomes louder as you gen close. Wow. Climbing makes this so different than anything else on the market right now. It's like the shooter I've always wanted to play.

Kittonwy

Banned
GG tonight guyz.
Indifferent2.gif

arne

On the road and I can't seem to get some consistent reports -- can anyone confirm what they are getting doubled cash for? Anyone getting them for medals at all? Seems some did and some didn't?

Yeef

arne said:
On the road and I can't seem to get some consistent reports -- can anyone confirm what they are getting doubled cash for? Anyone getting them for medals at all? Seems some did and some didn't?
Just got finished playing with some other GAFers and I wan't getting double cash. A couple of other people (both in the party and on another team) said that they were getting it earlier but they're not anymore.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
arne said:
Earlier today the Medal notification was displaying double cash, but the bank notification and the total at the end was the normal amount. Now it seems like double cash is on.

longdi

Banned
arne said:

any updates on UC2 crashing phat60 ps3? beep-red light-hard reset.
everytime i tried to play, it will always crash randomly.
luckily due to the holidays, i got the patience to carry on.

arne

Killthee said:
Earlier today the Medal notification was displaying double cash, but the bank notification and the total at the end was the normal amount. Now it seems like double cash is on.

Across the board, meaning for Medals too?

Rikyfree

arne said:
Affirmative. it says you earn it on the screen, but when tallied, it is nowhere near where it should be if there were double everything. i usually earn around 13-16k per deathmatch and i was earning the same amount with the same kills when it was all over.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
arne said:
I think medals are 1x while kills are 2x. Getting $500 for Double Down, Assistant, & Spray and Pray and $1k for Commando. That's the normal amount right?

Rikyfree said:
Affirmative. it says you earn it on the screen, but when tallied, it is nowhere near where it should be if there were double everything. i usually earn around 13-16k per deathmatch and i was earning the same amount with the same kills when it was all over.
That must be it because I'm earning way too much cash. Seems like they turned double on, but the medal notifications are back to 1x.

Double for kills, normal for medals.

For me, Double Cash for kills, Normal Cash for Medals.

I'm averaging about the same for medals, stuff like Afterlife, Double Down, Captured, Expansionist, Fisticuffs, etcareall the same amount.

But that's about the only thing that's wrong with the update, the new map is pretty awesome, really big too.

Jungle (Borneo or U1 throwback), The Vault, the Submarine area or the Rainy Ship from U1 would be welcome additions. :D

Snipes424

So after not playing for a couple weeks, I log in to see the new update, get into a match, die from grenades 4 times in a row, turn off the PS3.

The end.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Snipes424 said:
So after not playing for a couple weeks, I log in to see the new update, get into a match, die from grenades 4 times in a row, turn off the PS3.

The end.

I had the opposite experience. Haven't touched the game for like a month. Jumped in a couple of DMs and I didn't feel as rusty as I was expecting. I actually did pretty good with some 5 kills streaks and cool moments. Love this game. Not sure why there are so few people online tho. Perhaps it's the style of it? I mean, it's not a badass space marine shooter nor a modern combat one. Or maybe it's the lack of a deep customization/progression system (most of the perks are kinda meh to be honest, you don't unlock new weapons etc.)

Snipes424 said:

The end.
:lol Nothing in life comes easy man. You have to lose and learn before you can win. I mean there's even people here who are awsum possums and go negative sometimes. Giving up won't make you better.

Boombloxer said:
For me, Double Cash for kills, Normal Cash for Medals.

I'm averaging about the same for medals, stuff like Afterlife, Double Down, Captured, Expansionist, Fisticuffs, etcareall the same amount.

But that's about the only thing that's wrong with the update, the new map is pretty awesome, really big too.

Jungle (Borneo or U1 throwback), The Vault, the Submarine area or the Rainy Ship from U1 would be welcome additions. :D
Courtyard throwback will be awesome.

Cesar

Banned
Hmm, I'm getting an error "error initializing session manager" when I try to connect to the mp. Turned off my PS3 and tried again, but it's still the same.

Danielsan

Finally got my Uncharted 2 platinum trophy.
Back to multiplayer I go.

That said, I really hope they bring out some single player DLC (paid).
Maybe set it between UC1 and UC2.
An additional 2-3 hours of UC2 quality single player would be delicious.

Psykotik said:
when is region 3 getting the patch?

I too would like to know when it will be released in this region. Not for myself, but I have a few friends that I play with who still haven't had the update yet.

10dollas

Banned
The new map is really gears of war-esque in a good way. I think this game's multiplayer will be more enjoyable than COD6 in the longrun so as long as they continue to support it. Those dirty filthy population of campers are ruining Modern Warfare 2.

agaru

CrushDance said:
:lol Nothing in life comes easy man. You have to lose and learn before you can win. I mean there's even people here who are awsum possums and go negative sometimes. Giving up won't make you better.
This is correct.
4045223112_22ed3c868e_m.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. Have yet to play the new map. Them fixing the money means maybe I'll come back and see if I can actually level up from 40 now.

One thing I did notice is that multiplayer will now find Level 40-60 for me. Thank you, ND for balancing the balancing so far. Yet to see anything lower than a rare level 17-20.

Cesar

Banned
Cesar said:
Hmm, I'm getting an error "error initializing session manager" when I try to connect to the mp. Turned off my PS3 and tried again, but it's still the same.

So nobody has got the same error? I even deleted the patch and installed it again but it won't help. This sucks. :/

andycapps

I haven't had a chance yet to login and play the new map yet, but Naughty Dog should definitely think about doing a Santa Claus and Grinch skin for Christmas. Or if the Grinch is copyrighted... Ebenezer Scrooge? Something like that.

Or it could just be Drake dressed up as Santa and Chloe Ms. Claus. :lol

mr_nothin

Banned
CrushDance said:
There's no such thing as becoming better when it comes to UC2's grenades. No matter what skill level you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom