• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

Wowbagger said:
Farming is lame, mmkay? :p

In all honesty, you make more money in a Plunder match against a good team with all the 'back and forth' than you do by farming a terrible team. Chain Reaction farming where you are in a party of five and only run into one other player is still the easiest way to farm though.

BTW, Jeramii says 'Hi'...

Rikyfree

Irish said:
Haven't had a chance to play this weekend, but I hope they fixed DtI in addition to adding a new map and fattifying Lazarevic.

EDIT: I'm the worst player you will ever meet, yet the only grenades that ever manage to hit me come from my teammates. How could you guys possibly suck worse than me in any fashion? I bet you also use Down the Irons you cheating fucks.
This is true. This man is the worst player in the history of gaming. He is so terrible when he walks down the street in real life people say, "Good Lord in heaven, is that BrokenOath? You know the guy that sucks so much they are using a diagram of his mouth base a blueprint for the world's strongest vacuum?" The women faint and babes cry at the meer mention of his name. His sight causes children to weep and men to gnash their teeth and pull out their eyes. In summation I will say this, if only one thing, STAY AWAY FROM THIS MONSTER OF A MAN!

Still not getting Double Cash, but having fun regardless. The Fort is still an amazing map, and I've got to play it more than I did yesterday.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
irfan said:
Whats the easiest/fastest way to earn money? Deathmatch? Co-op?
Plaza/Lost City Gold Rush is the easiest way. You can get a guaranteed ~40k in ~13 minutes in every match if you just focus on delivering the idol and forget about the enemies. You'll kill enough enemies during the 10 rounds to get the max 25k so you don't need to waste time killing each and everyone that pops up, instead focus on the medals and picking up the treasures. You can get 12 Parsecs for completing it under 15 minutes, Let Em Go for every time you free someone from a ninja, Punch Out for every 5 you kill via melee, Killer Combo for the 10x, etc.... Just focus on delivering the idol ASAP and pick up as many medals/treasures along the way as possible.

Irish

_leech_ said:

Seriously, when it comes to pwonager, there is no reason or logic...

I really seem like a giant douche when typing up my rants. If you played with me, you'd realize I'm not as big of an idiot as I seem.

Irish said:
Seriously, when it comes to pwonager, there is no reason or logic...

I really seem like a giant douche when typing up my rants. If you played with me, you'd realize I'm not as big of an idiot as I seem.

Whatever, pwonager's team is always bullshit.

:p

pwonager likes to whine. Don't take it personally.

Irish

Yeah, I know. He's still on my friend's list. It just gets annoying sometimes because I feel the need to appease him, but I just don't know how. He wants backup, I give it to him and then get yelled at for stealing his kill or being in his way.

Oh well, I'm self-deprecating, you know that. Hopefully you'll still be on later/not with a full party when I sign on.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmm... all of a sudden Uncharted 2 doesn't like my internet connection, despite playing just fine earlier today.

Says it isn't a NAT -1/2/3 connection, when it is. :/

Irish said:
Yeah, I know. He's still on my friend's list. It just gets annoying sometimes because I feel the need to appease him, but I just don't know how. He wants backup, I give it to him and then get yelled at for stealing his kill or being in his way.

Oh well, I'm self-deprecating, you know that. Hopefully you'll still be on later/not with a full party when I sign on.

:lol

Poor pwonager was getting made fun of all night by me, because of his whining.

I'll probably be on in an hour or so, so we'll party for sure.

Nakiro

Are the stats on the site eventually going to sync up with the leaderboards in the game? It's kinda useless to have two sets of stats.. not only that, but the guys at level 51+ used badges of honor so nerfing their stats just is a bit lame in my opinion.

Loving the new map, should put a sniper rifle in the cannon room.

Oh yeah, and when you're at either end, should let the other team spawn at the same spot..

Nakiro said:
Are the stats on the site eventually going to sync up with the leaderboards in the game? It's kinda useless to have two sets of stats.. not only that, but the guys at level 51+ used badges of honor so nerfing their stats just is a bit lame in my opinion.

Loving the new map, should put a sniper rifle in the cannon room.

Oh yeah, and when you're at either end, should let the other team spawn at the same spot..

No they shouldn't.

artist

Banned
Killthee said:
Plaza/Lost City Gold Rush is the easiest way. You can get a guaranteed ~40k in ~13 minutes in every match if you just focus on delivering the idol and forget about the enemies. You'll kill enough enemies during the 10 rounds to get the max 25k so you don't need to waste time killing each and everyone that pops up, instead focus on the medals and picking up the treasures. You can get 12 Parsecs for completing it under 15 minutes, Let Em Go for every time you free someone from a ninja, Punch Out for every 5 you kill via melee, Killer Combo for the 10x, etc.... Just focus on delivering the idol ASAP and pick up as many medals/treasures along the way as possible.
Thanks but I can play Gold Rush only when I have a party of some people.. what other option do I have?

Also .. what does 'Party Up' mean? Players leave always when I do it.. :/

k0ji-wd

irfan said:
Thanks but I can play Gold Rush only when I have a party of some people.. what other option do I have?

Also .. what does 'Party Up' mean? Players leave always when I do it.. :/

Gold Rush still comes up when you do co-op arena matchmaking, you just can't explicitly select it.

Party up is for if you want to 'party up' and keep playing with the players from the game you just finished, there's no real point to use it, everybody leaves straight away anyway.

Nakiro said:
Are the stats on the site eventually going to sync up with the leaderboards in the game? It's kinda useless to have two sets of stats..
Yeah, I agree. I was hoping the leaderboards would have everything that we have done in the game since day one, but it starts when the patch came out. The site has been keeping our stats, like you said, so it should carry over to the game leaderboard.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just did the cheapest thing I've ever done and feel bad about it. I ran right in the middle of 2 enemies and threw a grenade at the floor. They killed me and I got 2x Afterlife and a Double Down.

welp, almost done with single player and my #1 complaint is when nate asks for help to open a double door, then they both push on separate sides and go through. why did you need help if you could open one of the doors yourself! for shame naughty dog

but in all seriousness a great game, just like the first one. wish there was more sully in the game, he's my favorite character from the uncharted universe

also it would be cool if nate banged it out with both chicks at the end. scissor me timbers!

imtehman

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
welp, almost done with single player and my #1 complaint is when nate asks for help to open a double door, then they both push on separate sides and go through. why did you need help if you could open one of the doors yourself! for shame naughty dog

but in all seriousness a great game, just like the first one. wish there was more sully in the game, he's my favorite character from the uncharted universe

also it would be cool if nate banged it out with both chicks at the end. scissor me timbers!

agreed, the chemistry between sully and nathan is incredible.

olimpia84

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I noticed the same thing and was like wtf ND, how can they miss that detail :lol

Irish

You should have waited for another person and gotten the Fire in the Hole, Double Down, Tripled, and 3x Afterlife and then spawned next to those same people and do it again.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Irish said:
You should have waited for another person and gotten the Fire in the Hole, Double Down, Tripled, and 3x Afterlife and then spawned next to those same people and do it again.
I was already really cheap that round. 6 out of my 16 kills that round were Afterlife. :lol

Yeef

fortified_concept said:
Same here dude, same here. I'm not that good but I rarely get killed by grenades. I suspect some of the people who complain that they get killed by grenades use shotgun a lot. In that case you deserve it you lazy bastards.

YOU HEAR ME? I ENJOY KILLING WITH GRENADES EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU SHOTGUN TOTING BASTARDS. I LAUGH AFTER YOU DIE.
I get killed by grenades a lot, but never long range. It's always when someone realizes they're about to die and goes suicide. What makes it annoying is that on my screen they never actually throw the grenade out. It just sort of appears and whenever that happens the fuse seems to be only like a tenth of a second. It's extremely annoying. And no, it's never from Revenge. Revenge is ridiculously easy to dodge. The grenade pops out like 5 seconds after you kill the guy and has a 20 minute fuse.

I don't feel so bad about not having a lot of time to play this weekend since the double money hasn't been working. I'm wondering if there's a chance that they'll end up fixing the kinks and doing it again next weekend.

Nakiro

No , but seriously, it's like Naughty Dog is rewarding the newer players with evening the grounds on the leaderboards and punishing their real fans who've been playing this since the game came out.. the stats on site and game should match.

I'd rather have a rank reset then have two sets of stats.

I also noticed that the medals in game aren't matching the ones on the site 100% of the time. I have more medals in the game, and after I got them sometimes they didn't show up on the site.

Firestorm

FrenchMovieTheme said:
magic door

Will post awesome GIFS/pics/avatars.

Find out more in 6/7 hours.
Probably more like 12.

Good games tonight everyone. It was a great time. :lol

On that note, I'll post some pics in a sec.

I've had some funny-ass moments the past few days. Might have to post the gf's too as she's gotten really, really good (Level 50).

Rikyfree

I think when they fix the medal problem, they should extend it from this week through the next weekend.

Also I hope that next generation the first two games get the GoW collection treatment with 60 fps, 1080p, 4x AA for $40.

Wowbagger

Maybe they can't remove co-op kills from the web stat, and that's why we started from scratch on the in-game leaderboard. I'm ok starting from scratch in kills and wins, but the money board looks silly with time reset, but not money.

lol pretty sweet ending.

i love sully! some of the graphics in this game were incredible. it definitely exceeded the first, and that was one of the best looking games around.

kudos to naughty dog, now i will try out some multiplayer!

21oav01.jpg

2agql9x.jpg

2n0ja8m.jpg

npi5ig.jpg

2iup9mt.jpg

Mid Air Choke!

2n1uxeh.jpg

22cfit.jpg

e691yw.jpg

o1deg.jpg

rrk3yh.jpg

rrk3yh.jpg

343ncis.jpg

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the way you get points/money in co-op Gold Rush. Usually when I play with random people, the majority of the people I play with are just focused on killing enemies instead of helping get the treasure back to the chest. I'm always the one doing all the work in carrying the treasure back to the base while the other jerks are doing their own thing in killing. Since I'm always carrying the treasure back to base, I notice that I'm always third in terms of points acquired from the round. Am I not being rewarded enough for doing what you're supposed to be ACTUALLY doing in Gold Rush?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Rewrite said:
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the way you get points/money in co-op Gold Rush. Usually when I play with random people, the majority of the people I play with are just focused on killing enemies instead of helping get the treasure back to the chest. I'm always the one doing all the work in carrying the treasure back to the base while the other jerks are doing their own thing in killing. Since I'm always carrying the treasure back to base, I notice that I'm always third in terms of points acquired from the round. Am I not being rewarded enough for doing what you're supposed to be ACTUALLY doing in Gold Rush?
Points are meaningless, you have to focus on the medals and treasures while delivering the idol promptly. You're capped to 50k total per game; out of that 50k, 25k is the max you can get for kills in gold rush. 90% of the time if you focus on the idol and kill as many enemies along the way as possible you'll reach the 25k cap by the end of the game. Just focus on getting as many medals as possible (Dead Eye, Rocket Man, BBQ, Medic, Let Em Go, 12 Parsecs, etc...) and pickup the treasures you see while delivering the idol to get as much as you can of the other 25k.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Killthee said:
Points are meaningless, you have to focus on the medals and treasures while delivering the idol promptly. You're capped to 50k total per game; out of that 50k, 25k is the max you can get for kills in gold rush. 90% of the time if you focus on the idol and kill as many enemies along the way as possible you'll reach the 25k cap by the end of the game. Just focus on getting as many medals as possible (Dead Eye, Rocket Man, BBQ, Medic, Let Em Go, 12 Parsecs, etc...) and pickup the treasures you see while delivering the idol to get as much as you can of the other 25k.
See! I didn't know that. Thanks for the explanation!

Jaroof

Sooo I'm getting back into playing this game, and want to join up with the GAF'fers I usually play with!
Only bad thing about that is I'll probably be busy until Wednesday night, so... after then, I'm back on for good! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom