• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jax (old)

Banned
WTF is up with matchmaking right now. We'll connect up to a full set and then it all drops away. I thought this shit was p2p/fixed... We've been waiting for ages...

k0ji-wd

I just got to Level 40, wondering how much cash the 'Deposit' booster adds to any medals earned, like say, the $500 for a Double Down becomes how much?

Dave1988

k0ji-wd said:
I just got to Level 40, wondering how much cash the 'Deposit' booster adds to any medals earned, like say, the $500 for a Double Down becomes how much?

It only works for Objective medals. Kill medals aren't affected by it.

_RT_

CrushDance said:
Sorry, don't remember the names of weak warriors!

j/k. I do...I think
:lol

Didn't realize you were on GAF. I think I got a few rounds of Death Match with you on Friday night. I got whooped.

Irish

Desiato said:
My PSN name is Echo_Desiato. Don't remember me?

He'll only remember you if you played with him on XBOX LIVE*.

*CrushDance is an Xbot troll that loves to crap up Playstation threads.

((I <3 you, man.))

Had a lot of fun "acting" for the camera last night, Kilgore.

Curufinwe

I've gone up from level 12 to level 21 so far this weekend, and still have more than 24 hours left.

The new Fort map is cool, but I find Gold Rush to be a lot harder on it than on some of the other maps.

Death Dealer said:
What's a good way to tell ? I notice my afterlife medals are still showing only $500.

Yeah, what is a good way to tell? So far it hasn't been obvious to me that I've been getting Double Cash.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
you're not getting dbl cash. When they first put the update up it was showing double cash during the game, but not giving it to you.

alr1ght

So...why aren't the spawns of the power weapons random or at least cycled throughout a few places? Every game usually starts the same; run for the GL/RPG/shotty (less so). It can't be that difficult to do, and it would add another element to the gameplay.

Curufinwe said:
So this whole Double Cash weekend isn't working?
the double cash for kills might be working, but double cash for medals is not.

mr_nothin

Banned
CrushDance said:
Who are you?

I dodge them all the time.
Right....
I really doubt you can dodge a grenade that pops outta nowhere and insta-explodes when it gets near you and you die anyways even though you're 15 feet away.

Sure.

Do me a favor and go to your stats page and see how many times you've died from grenades and then look at your total deaths and post it here.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
mr_nothin said:
Right....
I really doubt you can dodge a grenade that pops outta nowhere and insta-explodes when it gets near you and you die anyways even though you're 15 feet away.

Sure.

Do me a favor and go to your stats page and see how many times you've died from grenades and then look at your total deaths and post it here.
My top 5

AK-47 = 242
Grenades = 139
Punch = 130
Shotgun = 62
FAL = 55
Total deaths = 844

If I'm going to complain about grenades then I should also complain about people punching me.

alr1ght

mr_nothin said:

FAL - 6%
Melee - 15%
Grenade - 18%
AK-47 - 32%

Nakiro

What are everyone's patch impressions?

Personally, when I heard about it, I was excited.
Then the update came..

Skins are alright, but it messes up my sniping game since there are now areas where your bullets don't hit, normally this doesn't effect people too much, but it really punishes snipers and FAL users.

Map is great, I love it. Only issue is that people shouldn't be allowed to spawn right next to you if you're on either end of the map cause that's just cheap..

Leaderboards were exciting to hear about, then they come and half the things are reset and everyone starts off with a 0, should have kept the old stats, now we have two sets of stats.. great..

Double Money... no comment here, as it doesn't seem to be working. Although even with the double, this only gives the advantage to people below level 51. Since most people use Badges of Honor afterwards.

More negative things about the update then positive.. hope the next few step it up a bit and fix problems from this one. (Leaderboards)

Hopefully they fix few things, and the next event/patch/DLC delivers.

mr_nothin

Banned
Total: 8135
AK: 2,642
Grenades: 1,383
Melee: 1,180
FAL: 538
Shotgun: 472

I bet everybody's top 3 will pretty much look the same.
Now lets do it for how many times you've killed someone with those same weapons.

Total: 19414
Grenades: 4,461
FAL: 4,070
AK: 3,125
Melee: 1,185
Shotty: 615

Grenades shouldnt be in the top freaking 2 of kills and deaths.

Fuzzy said:
If I'm going to complain about grenades then I should also complain about people punching me.
Well I do, because I get super-warp scorpion uppercut'd from 10 feet away and around corners and through objects. It's like how the hell did they catch up to me if we run the same speed and I didnt bump into anything. Grenades are cheaper than melee though. Its a big grenade spam fest. Fights start with grenades and end with grenades.

If somebody you're shooting at throws a grenade at your feet while you're shooting...you have 2 choices of dying. You can either sit there and continue shooting in hope of killing htem and then dodging the grenade. Or you can try to dodge the grenade right off and then get shot up or have another grenade thrown right next to you again and then get knocked down by the other grenade and blown up from the 2nd.

I must be lagging a lot because the grenades usually blow up super quick but mines take like 3 seconds to explode.

mr_nothin said:
Right....

Sure.

Appr. 390 out of 2400 for me. Less than grenades kills in other games iirc. The problem as I've said isn't the grenades it's the fucking lag. You can usually evade them but when lag hits you're screwed. And since you have a problem with lag I imagine it's much worse.

DigiMish

mr_nothin said:
Grenades shouldnt be in the top freaking 2 of kills and deaths.

Why not? It makes sense. You start with them. You can pick up more easily. It's your "2nd weapon" that's always there.

And if it's in the top 2 of deaths, then of course it's going to be in the top 2 of kills.

alr1ght

why not, everyone starts with them? AK-47 and grenades will always be on top because they don't have to be picked up.

mr_nothin

Banned
We start off with grenades in Killzone 2....if we did the same for Killzone 2 then I'm sure grenade kills would not be anywhere near as high. I guess you guys are just the lucky few who can lob grenades and have yours blow up in half a second and still be able to dodge just about all the grenades thrown at you because you have ample time.

I want to record some videos of how fast these grenades blow up on me and how far I can be and still have a grenade blow me up...when the guy that threw the grenade was closer to his own grenade than I was. A lot of the time, I dont even see the indicator for the freaking grenade either.

DigiMish said:
Why not? It makes sense. You start with them. You can pick up more easily. It's your "2nd weapon" that's always there.

And if it's in the top 2 of deaths, then of course it's going to be in the top 2 of kills.
Im not saying it should be in 1 and not the other. I'm saying it shouldnt be in either.

Stuneseht

I just finished Uncharted on normal difficulty and I'm now ready to play Uncharted 2.
Would you guys advise me to playing Uncharted 2 on normal difficulty or on hard?

BeeDog

Stuneseht said:
I just finished Uncharted on normal difficulty and I'm now ready to play Uncharted 2.
Would you guys advise me to playing Uncharted 2 on normal difficulty or on hard?

If you thought Uncharted 1 on Normal was sufficiently easy, then Hard in UC2 should be perfect. If you had difficulties during the first game (that annoyed you), then go for Normal here too.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Rikyfree said:
After playing the first on normal, you better bump it up to hard on 2.
I agree. The AI in UC2 is usually less aggressive (except on Crushing), so it won't be that harder and he'll get to unlock Crushing with a single playthrough.

Qwell

I would say play on Normal, save yourself frustration from playing on hard your first time through since you will want to be focusing on the story. After your first play through on normal you will know where to go, what is good cover etc so it will make your hard playthrough easier if you are going for the platinum trophy. Ive already played through the game 3 times (no crushing yet, 2 normal and 1 hard just cause its awesome).

Irish

Ha, that would be pretty cool. I had such a great time last night. Oh, the things that could be done with ten participating "actors".

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Qwell said:
I would say play on Normal, save yourself frustration from playing on hard your first time through since you will want to be focusing on the story. After your first play through on normal you will know where to go, what is good cover etc so it will make your hard playthrough easier if you are going for the platinum trophy. Ive already played through the game 3 times (no crushing yet, 2 normal and 1 hard just cause its awesome).
Hard didn't ever seem overly frustrating to me.

If anything, I perceived it as being the game's most balanced difficulty level.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm on the side of the argument that grenades need to be toned down. My second most deaths are from grenades second to only the AK and not by much. There are several problems with the grenades.

1. The blast radius is massive
2. They're inconsistent... I've stood on a grenade and lived, but then I can be ten feet away and die.
3. They're too easy, you can fire these things out there, easiest game I've ever played for grenade kills. It's an absolute spam fest.

_RT_ said:
Didn't realize you were on GAF. I think I got a few rounds of Death Match with you on Friday night. I got whooped.
Who are you? D: You guys should hang out more in the chat and ingame so I recall these things haha.
mr_nothin said:
Right....

Sure.

I have 10399 kills, 3800 deaths, 816 by grenades, 1119 by AK, 482 by melee.

I don't get the problem here, the grenades that kill me are either:

Running into one

Lucky tosses

I roll into cover instead of away

From behind

Trying to do epic things and fail

Grenades explode fast, yes. But not that fast. Besides, take a look at the revenge grenades! Those take like 3-5 seconds before they detonate. What do you guys expect when every character spawns with grenades and AK's though? Of course those will be higher up on your death list. Means nothing IMO.

Remember the beta grenades? Yeah.

10dollas

Banned
_________Kills__ deaths
Total ____ 7474 _ 3366
Grenades_ 1619 _ 672
FAL _____ 698 __ 182
Melee ____ 535 __ 530
AK47 ____ 710 __ 1021

Hmm call be a grenade whore
I agree grenades need to be toned down and be given a longer duration before detonation

Irish said:
The Xbot speaks the truth. I'd just like to add that most of those are also a result of team killing.
:lol Team killing, what's that?

I wouldn't have a problem with grenades being toned down. But I think they're perfect right now, you have about 3 seconds after it lands to move. Everyone knows the tactic of throwing a grenade behind when someone is shooting you from the back, they do not suddenly die since they get off a melee attack or more shots.

If anything the blast radius should be toned down and those farther away should only go grey screen.

Irish

Viperman is the true king. Not only will he kill you three or more times a round (by accident of course), but if you stand next to him, enemy's grenades will hit you but leave him undamaged.

mr_nothin

Banned
10dollas said:
_________Kills__ deaths
Total ____ 7474 _ 3366
Grenades_ 1619 _ 672
FAL _____ 698 __ 182
Melee ____ 535 __ 530
AK47 ____ 710 __ 1021

Hmm call be a grenade whore
I agree grenades need to be toned down and be given a longer duration before detonation
I just say tone the blast radius down cause I swear I'm at least 10 feet away from most grenades cause ppl usually throw grenades at last minute when im about to kill them and I always expect it so I jump as soon as I see the grenade mid air or when they start throwing it and im so far away from the grenade and still get blown up.

Its so stupid.

I dont suck, my KD is 2.5 on avg and a lot of the time im 3.00+

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I'm looking for someone to play co-op with.
None of my PSN friends are playing it at the moment & its my only trophy left to get.

My PSN is navanman_gaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom