• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irish said:
Viperman is the true king. Not only will he kill you three or more times a round (by accident of course), but if you stand next to him, enemy's grenades will hit you but leave him undamaged.
That's only on good days though.

burgerdog said:
Is Steel Fist Expert trophy bugged? I've killed over 10 enemies multiple times and I still don't have the achievement.

No. It's soften them up with bullets and punch 10 enemies in a row.

Avatars from last night, claim if you want them:

6o1ov6.jpg

Claimed
111mtr7.jpg

Claimed
qnk54x.jpg

jkeuf6.jpg

Claimed
spirnp.jpg

Will post more pics and videos later of our fine production last night. :lol

jett

D-Member
Man I wish coop would readjust itself for two players. It's almost impossible to beat these levels with just two guys.

olimpia84

jett said:
Man I wish coop would readjust itself for two players. It's almost impossible to beat these levels with just two guys.

I agree, it sucks when a third player can't be found. The difficulty should be adjusted accordingly by the game.

10dollas said:
Not always and not usually. Its very easy to turn downward aim and chuck a grenade on your last breath.

Whats wrong with dropping grenades before you die? If it kills the enemy who killed you its great revenge :]

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I still don't get what the deal is with the perk related to breakable objects. I swear I haven't seen I single breakable object in MP.

SirFodderton said:
Oh good I found another ice cave like glitch on the fort.

Old. :p

TTP said:
I still don't get what the deal is with the perk related to breakable objects. I swear I haven't seen I single breakable object in MP.

Boxes. :lol

Milk Lizard said:
Off topic but what do you use to make your gifs KilgoreTrout ? Been looking for something that can size the gifs better for a while.

Photoshop. I import the video into layers.

Nakiro

TTP said:
There are.. boxes in Plaza, fences in Sanctuary some boxes in Village I think. That's about it.. pretty useless booster to be honest.

Don't know if cars count for it..

mr_nothin

Banned
Kittonwy said:
A lot of people do that manually, the slots are better for down the irons and sure foot or something more important.
That's what I'm saying. The manual grenade dropping is the martyrdom of UC2

jax (old)

Banned
jett said:

beat it multiple times with 2. not impossible. stick together. find a safe place to take on the horde.

mr_nothin

Banned
DOWN THE IRONS + FLEET FOOT NEEDS TO FUCKING GO!
Just had a match against a buncha 51's and i've never been killed behind and while going into cover so much.

:lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
mr_nothin said:
Just had a match against a buncha 51's and i've never been killed behind and while going into cover so much.

But it's such a beast combo. :(

Irish

Rikyfree said:
I'm on the sides, so great to make those, I'm also the one humping around the sparks from the bullets lol

How can you be on both sides at the same time? :p

I think I'm on the left. I love seeing Kilgore's body/shadow floating down at the end of the gif. I'm so glad he decided not to do it again.

mr_nothin said:

Yeah... That's why I posted my complaint earlier. That game just shows how overpowered that combo is.

Chamber said:
I've seen Fort come up one time in the rotation and it lost the vote to Train Wreck.

FML.

That sucks. I played it several times last night. Great map for the one survival mode as well. All I can think of is Survival but I don't think that is it. It's the one that is not Gold Rush.

chunk3rvd

I literally got Sanctuary and Train Wreck in my rotation for the first time this weekend

Are they new levels or were they in since the start? :lol

KilgoreTrout said:
Yeah... That's why I posted my complaint earlier. That game just shows how overpowered that combo is.

Unfortunately, it's the only decent booster combo you can get when you're below level 40-something.

Yeef

_leech_ said:
Unfortunately, it's the only decent booster combo you can get when you're below level 40-something.
Sure Foot is decent in the second slot, and the blindfire ones are great for the first slot. Still, nothing really beats Down the Irons for face to face combat.

_leech_ said:

Well, when you're playing with a bunch of lvl 50+ people who are still using it, it's quite indicative that something needs to be done to make the other boosters better, or put Down the Irons and Fleet Foot and the same slot.

KilgoreTrout said:
Well, when you're playing with a bunch of lvl 50+ people who are still using it, it's quite indicative that something needs to be done to make the other boosters better, or put Down the Irons and Fleet Foot and the same slot.
I played from level 5-38 with NO boosters. I grabbed Fleet Foot and Rapid hands right away because I couldn't keep up anymore. You move so much more faster with fleet foot that you just dance around others in firefights.

I've been trying out DTI recently and now I understand how people kill me with the FAL so much. The boosters need a overhaul.

mr_nothin

Banned
CrushDance said:
I played from level 5-38 with NO boosters. I grabbed Fleet Foot and Rapid hands right away because I couldn't keep up anymore. You move so much more faster with fleet foot that you just dance around others in firefights.

I've been trying out DTI recently and now I understand how people kill me with the FAL so much. The boosters need a overhaul.
You dont need DTI with the FAL to have ppl kill you fast. The FAL alone is deadly. It only takes 3 bursts and if you fire them back to back then all of the bullets hit the victim at pretty much the same time because of the lag. It could be because they're trying to actually calculate bullets traveling over a distance but idk. It's just dumb how a guy from way across the map can fire 3 bursts before the 1st burst even hits and then you're dead.

dralla

the problem with the booster system is they went quantity over quality. There's too many boosters that should be combined into one, like the reload ones. I should be able to reload all my weapons faster, not just one kind. My suggestion, make 3 booster slots with 5 booster options, but make them good. Like so...

Booster Slot 1:
Increase off the hip accuracy
Increase blind fire accuracy
Increase aiming accuracy for long guns
Increase aiming accuracy for pistols
Increase aiming range for shotguns

and all of the ammo ones are pointless, there are guns everywhere to pick up. the increased power weapon ammo is fine though.

mr_nothin said:
You dont need DTI with the FAL to have ppl kill you fast. The FAL alone is deadly. It only takes 3 bursts and if you fire them back to back then all of the bullets hit the victim at pretty much the same time because of the lag. It could be because they're trying to actually calculate bullets traveling over a distance but idk. It's just dumb how a guy from way across the map can fire 3 bursts before the 1st burst even hits and then you're dead.
I kill with the AK like crazy lol. It's not bad for Naughty Dogs first online outing though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I use Down the Irons but I still recognize the cheese. The fact that I can snipe people with the AK is just kinda funny.

Irish

It's good that you recognize you're a dirty cheater, however, it's time for you to stop and start using either From the Hip or Point & Shoot in the first booster slot. Come on, guys, let's try to create a better community.

(I'm going to find a way to hack something so I can disable DtI permanently.) I know I can't though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom