• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

web01

Yeah the spawning on sanctuary is bad. If your team moves forward to around the middle of the top section or any closer to the opposite spawn and you are back sniping with the FAL in the original starting spot it is very common that an enemy will spawn right next to you.

You can actually predict when it will happen and kill them as soon as they spawn.

Cesar

Banned
I don't like the low health, once somebody shoots you you're already as good as dead. It breaks the cover based gameplay imo because you don't have the time to go into cover.

I knew it would become MW2. I hope the COD idiots don't ruin this game like they tried (and partly succeeded in the controls department) to ruin Killzone 2 with their ingenious opinion of homogenizing everything to be like COD. Eh, who am I kidding, we're screwed.

Defuser

Snipes424 said:
I like the lower health personally, it seems like there are less grenade spamming. So in my book less lame grenades = better
Opposite for me especially in plunder. Fuckers don't hesitate to toss a nade.

jax (old)

Banned
agaru said:
Played around 20 matches with this reduced health tweak and honestly I do not like it so far. Some weapons lost their identity, some became too powerful. If someone starts shooting at you from the back you won't have time to take cover and initiate an awesome 1v1 mini battle. It's like mr_nothin said:

With the original health system different types of kills and battle scenarios can occur, and this adds much fun to the matches.

EDIT:
A poll is already up on ND's website about this experiment:
http://www.naughtydog.com/

Agreed 100%

I polled that I didn't like it.

We went from "hey this game is great" to " WHAT THE FUCK? HOW DID HE KILL ME?!" Its gone from quite excellent to fucking shit. You combo lag with the low health, there was a game where I had 4 kills because of lag advantage. The fact that you can't even get to cover without dying = broken. There were so many times, where I'm behind a column and there's no way that person has shot and killed me (because of the fucking big wall infront) but I'm dead.

WTF. WTF WTF WTF IS THIS GAME RUINING SHIT.

+

and yes, there is a spawning issue now. Noticed it in a couple of matches.

+

ARNE

Note on survival on THE FORT - this is the only stage where multiple times, when you clear the level, you don't clear the level - and then you run around looking for the last guy and you don't/can't find them. I've had my multiplier go from 10+ to 3+ because of this bullshit. It happens way too often. At least 1-2 times per go.

jax (old)

Banned
Defuser said:
Opposite for me especially in plunder. Fuckers don't hesitate to toss a nade.

you used to be able to pick up the treasure and throw it. Or move it a bit. Now you just die because of the health system. Unless all the enemies round you are cleared, you'd die in the treasure pickup animation. Which means, the game is now a see saw of who can survive long enough to move it. Sort of stopped winning at all 5 rounds. Now its mostly tie games and 4-3 games as there's no way to fully win.

Jax said:
you used to be able to pick up the treasure and throw it. Or move it a bit. Now you just die because of the health system. Unless all the enemies round you are cleared, you'd die in the treasure pickup animation. Which means, the game is now a see saw of who can survive long enough to move it. Sort of stopped winning at all 5 rounds. Now its mostly tie games and 4-3 games as there's no way to fully win.

This is my first night playing (last night), and I mostly played plunder. Yeah, if you try to pick up the treasure while there are enemies around, you will, infact, get killed. If you are there with a couple of team mates and kill the enemies, one can pick up the treasure and you can proceed as a team toward your treasure chest...... . .. . .... .

Majority of the time I can throw the treasure before I die if I begin to get hit. And I'm brand new to this game. I've scored most of the captures for my teams on plunders (upwards of 4 a match), I don't see a problem.

k0ji-wd

goddamnit, had my best ever DM game. It was myself, a level 21, plus 3 >level 10s vs 5 level <40s, and as soon as the lower level dudes on my team start getting killed a few times, 2 of them quit, leaving it a 3 on 5 for most of the game. I got to 29 kills as the score was tied 39 vs 39, and I tried to line up a better shot on a guy charging towards my teammate with a shotgun instead of running in and shooting from the hip since I wanted to make sure to get him and that we had a little more to go until we got to 50 kills. . .and then the game ended abruptly when he got my teammate in the back as I realized matches finish on 40 kills when 2 people quit. . .:lol

web01

Jax said:
Note on survival on THE FORT - this is the only stage where multiple times, when you clear the level, you don't clear the level - and then you run around looking for the last guy and you don't/can't find them. I've had my multiplier go from 10+ to 3+ because of this bullshit. It happens way too often. At least 1-2 times per go.

Ugh yes this always happens on the Fort without fail at the end of every round that an enemy gets glitched somewhere before they enter the level and you cant find them.

Sadly I doubt they will bother to fix this

M3Freak

Banned
fortified_concept said:
I knew it would become MW2. I hope the COD idiots don't ruin this game like they tried (and partly succeeded in the controls department) to ruin Killzone 2 with their ingenious opinion of homogenizing everything to be like COD. Eh, who am I kidding, we're screwed.

All the CoD fan boys at work complain about things they can do in CoD, but can't do in U2. It's driving me nuts. They are two different games - they better behave differently!

I refuse to play CoD becuase of this bullshit. CoD is the reason why Resistance 2 was dead on arrival. Fucking CoD!!!

slider

lastinline said:
The Fort is still there. :) It was in the patch, which will forever stay there. You didn't miss it.

Thanks dude! Time to fire it up and finally finish the SP (I'm a terrible gamer).

Defuser said:
Man I been getting alot of melee kills with this low health tweak. Just 1 bullet shot + melee = death.

I had to stop doing that because sometimes they would also retaliate and melee and we both end up dead. Now I just equip a blindfire assist booster and fire at them.

I find that the decreased health is fun and hectic in plunder and deathmatch and I could see how people may like it. It seems to make it easier to fire at opponents using the guns that get you in one up close hit, and it makes the team work closer and tighter during the plunder sections. Deathmatch seems to go by faster and plunder seems to always run close to time, though I have finished some matches 5-0.

I seem to have clocked in 10 hours+ in multiplayer playing from 2PM until 5AM, lol.

I still would like to have Deathmatch variants though...

web01 said:
No wonder the online community is so dead most people have just resorted to grinding co op missions to lelel up reducing the number of people playing online. If they acted and made 2x $ to kills and medals pernament I think they could turn it around. It would still take a huge amount of time even with this in place.

hey wait you're not serious are you? I was planning on getting this as my first online game this winter break but.. no I can still find a game at all times can't I?

fortified_concept said:
Its not the fault of call of duty series that Killzone 2 has different controls from every other console FPS out there.

Kittonwy

Banned
I don't mind the low health, went 13-0 and 15-1 in a couple of gaf games last night, it's not exactly like I've become some sort of uber player, but my FAL was simply deadly on the Fort though as I simply pewpew the other team to death from long-range, I wuz doing that before the patch though. I also don't mind if they change it back though, they can mix things up every few weeks to keep it fresh, since they don't really have to do any of the tweaks via an outside patch.
Indifferent2.gif

No_Style

I've played 4 matches thus far and I think the health reduction is quite nice for Plunder. It emphasized more team play from my experiences. People tend to stick together more because one guy with Treasure Bearer can't run across while absorbing gun fire.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
JustHadToJoin said:
hey wait you're not serious are you? I was planning on getting this as my first online game this winter break but.. no I can still find a game at all times can't I?
There's never an issue finding a match to play. Saying the game is dead is a big exaggeration.

bluehat9

Pistole and shotgun are basically worthless now since every gun can kill in 1-2 shots (or 1 shot plus melee up close).

Also seems to encourage camping since you can sit in a corner and still kill someone across the map with the AK.

No_Style said:
I've played 4 matches thus far and I think the health reduction is quite nice for Plunder. It emphasized more team play from my experiences. People tend to stick together more because one guy with Treasure Bearer can't run across while absorbing gun fire.

Yeah seemed this to emphasize that strategy or at least a multifaceted toss to the person who is in front of you while the other two take cover aspect of plunder.

Kittonwy

Banned
bluehat9 said:
Pistole and shotgun are basically worthless now since every gun can kill in 1-2 shots (or 1 shot plus melee up close).

Also seems to encourage camping since you can sit in a corner and still kill someone across the map with the AK.

Actually I've been having much more success with the pistol, because I don't have to plug so many shots into an enemy. With the AK from across the map you're at a huge disadvantage because you can aced by the FAL or the sniper rifle.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
fortified_concept said:

Oh, please. As if CoD had anything to do with killing U2's multiplayer.

It's the crybabies that can't dodge grenades, can't put up with quitters, etc. that ruined the game because ND went with them instead of telling them to cram it and play the game as it was meant to be played. At 1.0.

Melfice7

TheSeks said:
It's the crybabies that can't dodge grenades

is there really that many complaints about grenades? i love them, you make a long throw it takes a bit to explode, make a short one it explodes fast, i dont think i ever whined while being killed by one, always thought it was fair

bluehat9

Kittonwy said:
Actually I've been having much more success with the pistol, because I don't have to plug so many shots into an enemy. With the AK from across the map you're at a huge disadvantage because you can aced by the FAL or the sniper rifle.

Oh, I was talking about the handgun that's like a shotgun, but can fire two shots off at once (the one that's in the basement on the Sanctuary). But yeah, the pistol you start with works better now too.

Irish

One thing the reduced damage has taught me is that the sniper rifle damage needs to be tweaked in regular mode. I love that gun now, even at close range.

I normally use the Micro, but it puts you at a big disadvantage with the lowered health. Now the game is telling me that I must use the FAL and camp. Before, I was a person who moved across the battlefield and flanked everyone with the 9mm, but now I have to patrol one little area and kill guys from across the screen.

Irish said:
One thing the reduced damage has taught me is that the sniper rifle damage needs to be tweaked in regular mode. I love that gun now, even at close range.

I normally use the Micro, but it puts you at a big disadvantage with the lowered health. Now the game is telling me that I must use the FAL and camp. Before, I was a person who moved across the battlefield and flanked everyone with the 9mm, but now I have to patrol one little area and kill guys from across the screen.

The Micro, with run and gun and the booster for increasing pistole blindfire accuracy, seems better in this lowered health now. Ive attempted to use the FAL now on maps and was surprised at how it is easy to kill people with, however, it isnt my play style because I hate being confined in areas and just sit and wait (plus you cant actually get more than 15 kills camping out, or can you).

Irish

It seems totally off for me. Keep in mind, I've been using it since the beta and am used to running into a crowd of three guys and taking them out with it. Seems pretty impossible to do so now.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
All the CoD fan boys at work complain about things they can do in CoD, but can't do in U2. It's driving me nuts. They are two different games - they better behave differently!

I refuse to play CoD becuase of this bullshit. CoD is the reason why Resistance 2 was dead on arrival. Fucking CoD!!!

Don't worry, I was playing last night, and even with reduced health it's nothing like that, people are over-reacting/raging as usual. >:|

Irish

Don't listen to Kitton's lies! He's a FAL whore. :p (It's not that bad, but the game works better with the standard amount of health.)

Kittonwy

Banned
bluehat9 said:
Oh, I was talking about the handgun that's like a shotgun, but can fire two shots off at once (the one that's in the basement on the Sanctuary). But yeah, the pistol you start with works better now too.

The pistole? The pistole is still bloody deadly, to me it has always been the most powerful weapon in the game. So deadly. >:|

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So what's the consensus so far? I played a lot more last night with my cousin who comes over to get a few games going and 2 of my other friends online. Everyone despised it. I eventually adapted to it learning how to react to certain situations. Definitely not the same game it was before the update... really isn't as fun as it used to be at all. Camping and spamming has more than doubled.

Irish

Hey, at least most of us only pick one topic to cry about at a time. Broken Down the Irons is what I get to complain about.

TeTr1C

I voted that I didn't like it, and it's not really necessary to create a separate playlist for it because it's not a drastic change. It was pretty much perfect how it was, seeing as it's a bit harder to get to cover now in time. I noticed that I'm dying more now with the change.

Kureishima said:
Hard to believe how much crying is in this thread.

It's called feedback.

And what do you expect? Naughty Dog makes a big change to the game without rebalancing weapons or spawn points. Plunder is a fucking campers dream now that health is so low. It's become much more like Domination in CoD, where players will just sit back and snipe (one hit kills now) anyone who tries to touch the treasure. If they keep it like this I can say 100% I won't be coming back.

I'd be shocked if they kept it like this considering all the negative feedback from the community. Fuck CoD and fuck the CoD whiners who forced Naughty Dog to even mess with this type of experiment.

I personally thought the health was not the problem with the game. It was the wonky boosters and spawn points. Health amount was perfect.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
TeTr1C said:
I voted that I didn't like it, and it's not really necessary to create a separate playlist for it because it's not a drastic change. It was pretty much perfect how it was, seeing as it's a bit harder to get to cover now in time. I noticed that I'm dying more now with the change.
Indeed. What we need is deathmatch variants.

Please?

CartridgeBlower said:
It's called feedback.

Are you kidding? Some of the stuff in here can scarcely be classified as "feedback". I just started playing this game and I see they've made a change and all, but a lot of this looks like they set their fingers to type some sort of "auto-whine" macro.

And what do you expect? Naughty Dog makes a big change to the game without rebalancing weapons or spawn points. Plunder is a fucking campers dream now that health is so low. It's become much more like Domination in CoD, where players will just sit back and snipe (one hit kills now) anyone who tries to touch the treasure. If they keep it like this I can say 100% I won't be coming back.

Seriously? As I said, I just started playing this game and Plunder is already my favorite. I've seen nothing like that. Anecdotal evidence? Certainly. What i have seen a lot of is team work. Since I can rarely take the treasure alone, we have to move in like a squad in order to keep the defense for the one who does pick up the treasure. I don't know what it was like before, but this seems fine to me.

Furthermore, the experiment was put in effect announcing it was for the weekend only. . . The pigs are not flying, just gliding.

I'd be shocked if they kept it like this considering all the negative feedback from the community. Fuck CoD and fuck the CoD whiners who forced Naughty Dog to even mess with this type of experiment.

You call this feedback? Case in point.

mr_nothin

Banned
Snipes424 said:
I like the lower health personally, it seems like there are less grenade spamming. So in my book less lame grenades = better
Yea there's less grenade spamming because by the time you press L2 to throw the grenade you'll be dead before the grenade even lands near them. :lol

Greg

They should keep the reduced health for elimination and extend the amount of rounds - the rest of the modes can go back to normal.

Kureishima said:
Are you kidding? Some of the stuff in here can scarcely be classified as "feedback". I just started playing this game and I see they've made a change and all, but a lot of this looks like they set their fingers to type some sort of "auto-whine" macro.

Seriously? As I said, I just started playing this game and Plunder is already my favorite. I've seen nothing like that. Anecdotal evidence? Certainly. What i have seen a lot of is team work. Since I can rarely take the treasure alone, we have to move in like a squad in order to keep the defense for the one who does pick up the treasure. I don't know what it was like before, but this seems fine to me.

Furthermore, the experiment was put in effect announcing it was for the weekend only. . . The pigs are not flying, just gliding.

If you've just started playing, how can you possibly know if the changes they've made are good or bad? And why come and bitch about the people you see as 'bitching' if, again, you had no idea what the game played like previously?

mr_nothin

Banned
Defuser said:
Man I been getting alot of melee kills with this low health tweak. Just 1 bullet shot + melee = death.
Yea, I like the way melee is with the lower health.

Kureishima said:

You dont call that feedback? A lot of us are going into a lot of depth about everything we dont like and what they've changed/should change or fix.

Just because it's negative doesnt mean its not feedback.

Greg said:
They should keep the reduced health for elimination and extend the amount of rounds - the rest of the modes can go back to normal.
I'd actually be cool with that, if they got rid of the deagle/rocket launcher/grenade launcher for this mode. Or at least have them randomly spawn in different areas each time you play. But for some reason I think that they want everyone to run towards the grenade launcher/rocket launcher because they mentioned it a couple of times in the videos where they were showcasing the maps before the game came out.

Greg

mr_nothin said:
I'd actually be cool with that, if they got rid of the deagle/rocket launcher/grenade launcher for this mode. Or at least have them randomly spawn in different areas each time you play. But for some reason I think that they want everyone to run towards the grenade launcher/rocket launcher because they mentioned it a couple of times in the videos where they were showcasing the maps before the game came out.
Yeah, I can't see the lowered health working for all of the modes unless they made tweaks on an individual basis for each mode - focusing on applying it to one mode like elimination could make it pretty unique compared to the others.

Or that's just my bias speaking because I need a mode to fill the gap while I wait for the new SOCOM maps... :lol

After watching Kobe rip out the Heat's heart, and playing some of the fuckawesome Bayonetta, I fired this to hit 42.

I did ok, there was some definite bullshit (snipe kills with AK, on the other side of the map), but with a FAL/Pistol combo (SS/Deposit), it's pretty ridiculous. I can waste 2 people with one pistol clip. The Shotgun whores I played against last night were destroyed though.

Overall, I'd say give this it's own playlist, but I'll never touch this mode after this weekend. I got my Plunder only, I'm happy. Just give me normal health, and I'm there for the DLC day one.

Need to get in some Plunder GAF groups, found a few last night that were pretty fun to play with/against. Getting better with the Air Snatch/capture--really helps you avoid nades.

CartridgeBlower said:
If you've just started playing, how can you possibly know if the changes they've made are good or bad? And why come and bitch about the people you see as 'bitching' if, again, you had no idea what the game played like previously?

Uhm, you must have missed the part where I indicated that I did not know what it was like previously.

mr_nothin said:
You dont call that feedback? A lot of us are going into a lot of depth about everything we dont like and what they've changed/should change or fix.

Just because it's negative doesnt mean its not feedback.

Some of you are, yes. Others are just spouting "fuck fuck fuck" and calling it feedback when all it amounts to is crying. Just IMO.

mr_nothin

Banned
Kureishima said:
Uhm, you must have missed the part where I indicated that I did not know what it was like previously.

Some of you are, yes. Others are just spouting "fuck fuck fuck" and calling it feedback when all it amounts to is crying. Just IMO.
Well, ND wants to know if ppl like it...and we have Arne here soooo....
But yea, it's a bit of an exaggeration but maybe they really just dont like it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Cesar said:
So I uploaded a movie, but where does it upload to?
ND's servers. Press triangle in the Cinema lobby to view your uploaded files. You can also send them to friends from that screen.

mr_nothin said:
Well, ND wants to know if ppl like it...and we have Arne here soooo....
But yea, it's a bit of an exaggeration but maybe they really just dont like it.

True enough, I just think there might be a more coherent and constructive way to relay criticism than "fuck the CoD fuckers".

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom