• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Crushing-level health, a lot. I don't feel like i'm getting more kills or getting killed more often, it just feels a lot better not having to empty 3/4ths of a clip to kill one person.

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
the only thing good about the new health is you can make tons of money. If they wanted this to be noob friendly, they did not succeed. I can completely own the shit out of the noobs way more than before.

It's true, it's a bit easier for me to rack up some kills now.
Indifferent2.gif

Chris R

alr1ghtstart said:
the only thing good about the new health is you can make tons of money. If they wanted this to be noob friendly, they did not succeed. I can completely own the shit out of the noobs way more than before.
Well in my first online game I got the most kills and advanced 4.5 levels :lol pretty noob friendly if you ask me.

Just got through level 11 of the single player game. Digging that there seems to be more platforming/puzzling but I'm not finding many treasures compared to UC1. Also, the Next-Gen filter is so damn funny, but I actually like the grit it adds to the game (as of right now, in the city).

HYDE

Banned
@rhfb
teh grafx are distracting you. there are twice as many treasures as the first game. also, think re4, because some are hidden differently.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Kittonwy said:
It's true, it's a bit easier for me to rack up some kills now.
Indifferent2.gif

At first I disagreed, but now I absolutely agree. I have been absolutely destroying since this update, also been getting a lot more money. I still don't like all the spam and camping.

HYDE said:
@rhfb
teh grafx are distracting you. there are twice as many treasures as the first game. also, think re4, because some are hidden differently.
Yeah,I got the majority of treasures on my first playthrough of Uncharted, but 2 has me a bit confounded, I found exactly half of them. It wasn't until half way through the game I noticed some of the more clever sort of hiding positions... so whenever I go through on Crushing I'll try to notice the rest.

Still can't believe how pretty this game is.

Ugh, just turned this game on for the first time this weekend.

Lowered health ruins the entire experience. Maybe I suck more than I thought, but it isn't fun when you can't even duck behind cover before dying.

Take it away, Naughty Dog. This isn't fucking CoD. Don't take this game down to that level.

Chris R

HYDE said:
@rhfb
Well not all of them are the graphics. I've seen lots of glinting but don't have a clue how to get there. Didn't know I could shoot treasure down either. Never played (or will play) any RE games so that tip won't help me at all :lol

I got 40/60 in UC1 first play through, on target to get 30/100 or so this game, but I like that.

Everdred

rhfb said:
Well not all of them are the graphics. I've seen lots of glinting but don't have a clue how to get there. Didn't know I could shoot treasure down either. Never played (or will play) any RE games so that tip won't help me at all :lol

I got 40/60 in UC1 first play through, on target to get 30/100 or so this game, but I like that.
:lol Well what the hell... I didn't know this either. Thanks.

Chris R

Everdred said:
:lol Well what the hell... I didn't know this either. Thanks.
I just got pissed at this one I seemed to have NO way of reaching. Pulled out my pistol and emptied a clip at it in anger. It fell to the ground and I went over and picked it up :lol

k0ji-wd

I don't usually play Co-op Arena but 2 friends and I just had a game and HOLY HELL I made 49,500 in 20 minutes. . .goddamnit I had no idea co-op was so generous :lol

God, I hate the temple. I was playing last night on some elimination and our team couldn't find the last two guys. Next round, I died and was looking through the enemy team's camera and I saw that they GLITCHED into that little dome thing at the top of the Rocket Launcher respawn point. Some how they got up there. The next round I figured they were hiding there again and shot a Rocket Launcher up there killing both.

Anyway, this seriously needs to be fixed. Sorry if it's been posted about already, but this is the first time I've experienced it. Fucking hate glitchers.

Speevy

Banned
I received this game yesterday and I have to say, it's the first game this generation I already want to replay. Outstanding from top to bottom.

Crewnh said:
God, I hate the temple. I was playing last night on some elimination and our team couldn't find the last two guys. Next round, I died and was looking through the enemy team's camera and I saw that they GLITCHED into that little dome thing at the top of the Rocket Launcher respawn point. Some how they got up there. The next round I figured they were hiding there again and shot a Rocket Launcher up there killing both.

Anyway, this seriously needs to be fixed. Sorry if it's been posted about already, but this is the first time I've experienced it. Fucking hate glitchers.

Never saw that one, but I've seen some other shit. I figured out how to do the wall ones (by myself, not during a match), and there is no way to do it by accident. None.

I have faith, you have to remember that this is their first time actually building something like this, and truthfully, the enforcement/ban policy should not be handled by ND, but SCEA/PSN in general, as with a traditional Dev/Publisher relationship. It's not easy, so while it sucks, just know that this isn't a super simple solution (other than fixing the glitch).

Dibbz

Played a game of Plunder the other day with normal settings not the crushing health. Managed to get 3 kills including the treasure carrier just before they were about to get a point. I snuck up behind them and used the Deagle on all 3 of them. Then my team came in from the front of them and we got them all. It was pretty bad ass.

Just made a video of it using Cinema mode and my camera. Wish you could save clips to the PS3 HDD instead of just playig it back in U2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8NTyUXAWjM

Gyrian

Dibbz said:
Played a game of Plunder the other day with normal settings not the crushing health. Managed to get 3 kills including the treasure carrier just before they were about to get a point. I snuck up behind them and used the Deagle on all 3 of them. Then my team came in from the front of them and we got them all. It was pretty bad ass.

Just made a video of it using Cinema mode and my camera. Wish you could save clips to the PS3 HDD instead of just playig it back in U2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8NTyUXAWjM

Very cool save; a massacre, due to the carrying team's lack of alertness.
One thing I really enjoy about Plunder, you just never know when things can turn around.
Too many times I've seen that Idol sitting next to the chest only to have the whole thing reversed, hehe.

Dibbz

Gyrian said:
Very cool save; a massacre, due to the carrying team's lack of alertness.
One thing I really enjoy about Plunder, you just never know when things can turn around.
Too many times I've seen that Idol sitting next to the chest only to have the whole thing reversed, hehe.
Yeah the spawns don't help at times. Sometimes you die just near your chest with the treasure and you spawn on the other side of the map. It's all fun though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Crewnh said:

There's an out of level glitch on The Fort. I love that the cinema mode is there, which makes it super easy to find out how they got in there and then kill the next glitcher who attempts it.

Acid08

Banned
Finally got to play this over the past week. The single player was pretty great and it looked absolutely amazing. Amazing set pieces and a very enjoyable story with probably the best performance I've seen in a game. I'm not sure why but the game didn't "wow" me as much as the first did. Also some enemies are still fucking bullet sponges. I'm talking about the normal grunts to. It seems like I'll drop a grunt in 3 shots but the next one will take 8 shots to kill. Other gripes:

Train sequence lasted WAY to long. It was still fun but I would have liked for it to be about half as long

WHAT A TWEEST! Still kinda lame

I noticed a few of the set piece things(big sections of buildings sliding, crawling through rocks) started to repeat during the end of the game which was kinda weird.

The multiplayer though, holy shit I'm blown away. It's so much fun. I'm seriously addicted to it right now. I didn't expect much but its become my favorite multiplayer of the gen.

k0ji-wd

alr1ghtstart said:
There's an out of level glitch on The Fort. I love that the cinema mode is there, which makes it super easy to find out how they got in there and then kill the next glitcher who attempts it.

Just played a real fun game where FOUR of the opposition decided to use the out of level glitch and camp with FALs on The Fort:

ta4vm9.jpg

302u9zq.jpg

PSN IDs are:

Lusi178
kokoyaho
CuteHuon
oKEROROo

Curufinwe said:
My competitive games record is horrible. Something like 20-50, even though I'm not far off a 1:1 kill-death ratio.

That is pretty awesome if you avoid Plunder. That game kills my kill to death ratio. I was close to 1.00 but then started playing plunder and now its back down to 0.6 or so.

Just realized that Im about to hit 100 hours on multiplayer, wow.

mr_nothin

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
That is pretty awesome if you avoid Plunder. That game kills my kill to death ratio. I was close to 1.00 but then started playing plunder and now its back down to 0.6 or so.

And your KD is only 1.00?
I couldnt play the game if I died that much :lol

No_Style

Speevy said:
I received this game yesterday and I have to say, it's the first game this generation I already want to replay. Outstanding from top to bottom.

I felt the same way with the first Uncharted. :D

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Dave1988 said:
Add tommy3123 to the list of assholes.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2dke4qa.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
So f'ing annoying. Fix this shit GG!

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2ey9gdw.jpg

vehn

in one of the videos you can unlock, they say they can tweak all of the maps and it will be done behind the scenes without a patch if they even encounter bugs / exploits and stuff. Guess it takes them a bit long to correct it :/

Irish

One of the people that plays on my profile likes to play plunder and always comes out with an average of 12-19 kills and 30+ deaths on each plunder map :(

Don't lie... You just suck worse than me. I thought that was impossible. Now you have to go around saying, "I'm worse than BrokenOath." People will know who you are talking about (since the community is pretty small) and laugh at you relentlessly. :p

Curufinwe

I've played a lot of Plunder since it's the most fun mode, but I hate it on the Fort because I'm always on the team who can't figure out where the treasure and the chest are located.

No one really answered me before but I really am wondering if there are a lot of people still playing this online? I was planing on getting this during winter break as my first multiplayer game, but I want to make sure I'll always have a game. (well at least for a couple months.)

Dave1988

JustHadToJoin said:
No one really answered me before but I really am wondering if there are a lot of people still playing this online? I was planing on getting this during winter break as my first multiplayer game, but I want to make sure I'll always have a game. (well at least for a couple months.)

There's around 5-10k people playing daily. You should have no problem finding games.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
JustHadToJoin said:
There's still enough people playing that its easy to find a game most of the time (matchmaking craps out every now and again, but its been like that since the beginning), but the community isn't huge and a good chunk of it consist of Lv 40+ players.

k0ji-wd

JustHadToJoin said:

the game doesn't have MW2 numbers (obviously) but I've never had trouble finding games, and I'm sure there'll be people playing this for a while yet, though you may find a large skill gap.

Irish

I love running into the same players on a nightly basis. I think it helps the game instead of hindering it. Plus, this forces people to constantly change up their strategies since you become so familiar with your opponents.

mr_nothin

Banned
It's a little hard adjusting back to the old melee. I keep trying to do 1 or 2 shots + punch and failing lol. I noticed that they sped up the respawn too over the weekend.

Just got an email from playstation.ca saying i won a strategy guide from the uncharted contest. :D I wanted the dagger, but this will do nicely too; i never win stuff.

mr_nothin

Banned
After a few matches...ITS BACK. YAY
I see so many ppl escaping from gun fights and rolling around and jumping and taking cover. This 1 guy took me out and while I was dead, I saw 2 of my teammates come up and 1 melee'd him and he just ran around while they were shooting at him. After I respawned, I kept looking at the bottom left to see how long it took him to die. IDK how he got out of it but he did :lol.

I have time to react now too! I get shot from behind and take cover, or roll, and then have enough time to either lob a grenade or shoot them and still be alive. If someone starts shooting me 1st, I have enough time to actually aim and either take them out myself or scare/wound them until a teammate helps me out. AK/FAL weapon balance is back. I havent played THAT many ppl with DTI on yet so I'll be back to complaining about that shortly.

feels good bro

kikanny

Guardian Bob said:
Just got an email from playstation.ca saying i won a strategy guide from the uncharted contest. :D I wanted the dagger, but this will do nicely too; i never win stuff.

AHH! Why don't I ever get anything?!

mr_nothin said:
After a few matches...ITS BACK. YAY
I see so many ppl escaping from gun fights and rolling around and jumping and taking cover. This 1 guy took me out and while I was dead, I saw 2 of my teammates come up and 1 melee'd him and he just ran around while they were shooting at him. After I respawned, I kept looking at the bottom left to see how long it took him to die. IDK how he got out of it but he did :lol.

I have time to react now too! I get shot from behind and take cover, or roll, and then have enough time to either lob a grenade or shoot them and still be alive. If someone starts shooting me 1st, I have enough time to actually aim and either take them out myself or scare/wound them until a teammate helps me out. AK/FAL weapon balance is back. I havent played THAT many ppl with DTI on yet so I'll be back to complaining about that shortly.

feels good bro

Oh hell yeah. Now all the rolling, cover and traversal mechanics will be useful again. WHOOOP!!!!

mr_nothin

Banned
Back to the longer and slower paced matches where you actually have a chance of coming back now. Fort plays sooo much better. Guess what happened at the beginning of this match @ Fort....NOBODY DIED at the beginning. Can you believe that? :lol People actually had the chance to move out of the way by the time 2 FAL bursts hit them.

Greg

So glad the health is back to normal - now I can put 2 bursts into someone across the map while they're standing on top of a train car in plain site like an idiot, and it it still gives them time to get away!

The glitching is so fucking pathetic, any words yet about fixing it ? Cant be that fucking hard when other games manage to not have people crawling around inside walls.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Milk Lizard said:
The glitching is so fucking pathetic, any words yet about fixing it ? Cant be that fucking hard when other games manage to not have people crawling around inside walls.

well it took them months to fix the ice cave glitch, which I believe was in the first beta and made it to retail. It can't be that difficult.

Dibbz

Photo's are not touched up at all apart from a tiny bit of DoF. The game is such a looker.

4166882651_3bfac15986_o.jpg

4166882655_f6d88ecd68_o.jpg

God damn ND why isn't every other dev as good as you guys??

jax (old)

Banned
played for about 4 hours last night.

F*KING FAL CAMPERS

Sniper Rifle pwns the levels. Camped with one on The Plaza and got hella many kills. :)

We play with a guy who kept killing us with the FAL, there sure was a lot of cussing going round.

* also ran into the same guy MR KOREA NO 1 (or something like that) who must just leave his PS3 on with the turbo button set - he doesn't move, just stands for the entire match doing taunts. Annoying. When he was on our team, I kept grenading him, and then when he was on the other team, I'd find him and kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom