• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
Wow..
197h 44m 37s play time here.

Just went 29-1 with a bunch of mid-level 20's. :lol
There's such a skill lvl difference (again, since they changed the health back) between the noobs and the real players. Now it rewards playing smart (knowing what to do for any given situation) and having good gun-game. Before (over the weekend), I probably would have gone 20-10 against a team like this.

It really does feel like playing the game for the 1st time again.

mr_nothin said:
Wow..
197h 44m 37s play time here.

Just went 29-1 with a bunch of mid-level 20's. :lol
There's such a skill lvl difference (again, since they changed the health back) between the noobs and the real players. Now it rewards playing smart (knowing what to do for any given situation) and having good gun-game. Before (over the weekend), I probably would have gone 20-10 against a team like this.

It really does feel like playing the game for the 1st time again.
Holy fuck :lol The only game I have that's anywhere close to that many hours is KZ2 at 150. :lol Jesus dude.

Dibbz

Who needs to shoot with guns when I can beat everyone into the ground with them instead?

4167836356_0770107463_o.jpg

KZObsessed

So the stats on Naughty Dog's website say Total Playtime of 85hours for me. Does this include SP or MP only? I'm assuming it's the latter.

Impressive. Didn't realise I'd played it so much :)

23% of all my deaths are by grenades :lol :lol

Chris R

So I just did a coop mission. Shit got HARD at the end. We all died on wave 8, but then made it to the end without having everyone die again. The Dudebros with the machine guns and the guys who take like 20 shots to down were getting on my nerves. I mean who can survive two direct rpg hits and keep firing :lol

grimmbomb

Hey I just got my navarro skin code and I want to know if I register on the game or the ND site. I can't find anywhere on the game that takes the code. I'm retarded....Please help.

grimmbomb said:
Hey I just got my navarro skin code and I want to know if I register on the game or the ND site. I can't find anywhere on the game that takes the code. I'm retarded....Please help.
Have you tried to redeem the code on the playstation store? Not sure if that works, but I'd try that if I were you. :D

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
grimmbomb said:
Playstation Store. You can either use your PS3 or redeem it online at the site and then download it later on your system.

Firestorm

Dibbz said:
Photo's are not touched up at all apart from a tiny bit of DoF. The game is such a looker.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2775/4166882651_3bfac15986_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2675/4166882655_f6d88ecd68_o.jpg

God damn ND why isn't every other dev as good as you guys??
I don't know how you guys can post those multiplayer shots and say they look good. Ugly as sin. Single Player is beautiful. Multiplayer looks like shit in every screenshot I've seen. For example, of course these aren't touched up. They're jaggy, lack detail, and have low quality models. It looks like Left 4 Dead on my laptop.

jett

D-Member
WTF is the point of the ranked playlist? I thought I'd play with people similiar to my rank, but I got lumped with 30-50rank people.

And I still hate this matchmaking crap.

mr_nothin

Banned
Firestorm said:
I don't know how you guys can post those multiplayer shots and say they look good. Ugly as sin. Single Player is beautiful. Multiplayer looks like shit in every screenshot I've seen. For example, of course these aren't touched up. They're jaggy, lack detail, and have low quality models. It looks like Left 4 Dead on my laptop.
I feel the same way. It looks dirt ugly. Its the screenshot output though. It's not the actual multiplayer game.

It still blows my mind why people will get up to 4 points, and then one person on the team will start taking the treasure to the other team in plunder. I was shocked when someone did it today on my team.

jett said:
WTF is the point of the ranked playlist? I thought I'd play with people similiar to my rank, but I got lumped with 30-50rank people.

And I still hate this matchmaking crap.

Yeah, I don't get why they even have a 'ranked' playlist when 90% of the time it's just as unbalanced as normal playlists. Players of all skills in each game. All over the place.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
My u2 stealth misadventures

(this would have looked so cool had it not lagged up)
317fyae.jpg

(ninja mode)
6ozi95.jpg

o71w83.jpg

(bonus skeleton dance party)
nezvva.jpg

Curufinwe

The stats page on NaughtyDog.com says I have 1544 kills and 673 deaths. This must include Co-op games as well cause I'm not nearly that good in competitive multiplayer.

I also says my Win-Loss record is 50-54 when the in -game leaderboard shows me having a record more like 20-54.

Cesar

Banned
Firestorm said:

Ow come on, do you really think these are ugly?

- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18668902&postcount=20439
- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18749227&postcount=20833
- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18665099&postcount=20380

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I bought Uncharted 2 on Cyber Monday and the shipment arrived on Saturday.

Damn, I am loving the online mutiplayer. The mode where you go with 2 other people and survive 10 waves of insanity is so much fun.

mr_nothin

Banned
arne said:
The screenshots I took for the doughnut skins were done through the in game cinema camera tools, with all the inherent limitations. the only difference was that these were originally for print, so higher res of course, but no other alterations.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/naughty_dog/sets/72157622876126468/
Yours looks much cleaner and not as harsh.
Some ppl's photos look clean and smooth but some other's will look super harsh and like there's textures missing or something.

I would go back and find a few but I'm lazy right now.

Kimosabae

Banned
Finally got a chance to play and finish this game. Feel like I'm part of an exclusive club or something - game is sick. Not without its problems, though.

Anyone else feel as though campaign had some control issues?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jeez some people online are serious assholes. Somehow people remember my username and just start talkin about how they're going to destroy me. One person in particular named Candy_girl... who happens to be a guy? And every time we match up I beat the guy, he starts screaming that I'm cheating and I'm a "lagging piece of shit". The community for the most part is a bunch of assholes.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
msdstc said:
Jeez some people online are serious assholes. Somehow people remember my username and just start talkin about how they're going to destroy me. One person in particular named Candy_girl... who happens to be a guy? And every time we match up I beat the guy, he starts screaming that I'm cheating and I'm a "lagging piece of shit". The community for the most part is a bunch of assholes.
It pisses me off when the other team is screaming smack and my team is losing, but when my team is winning and their voices are filled with rage it just cracks me up. Puts a huge smile in my face and I tend to end the match by just going around the map looking for the biggest smack talker, killing him, then taunting him over his dead body with either the pump or the laugh as many times as possible.

29zi21.jpg

Kittonwy

Banned
msdstc said:

That's the most fun, beat the crap out of their team and enjoy their rage.
Indifferent2.gif

Chris R

Just finished Cat & Mouse and the bit right after that. I'm thinking the game is almost over and so far it has been a blast. Died a shitload of times at the start of C&M until I got down where I needed to go. Also here is hoping (half way UC2 and all of UC1 spoiler)
that I've seen the last of those fucking Yeti. Those damn things are like the zombie dudes on crack, jumping around and running all fast and shit.
:lol

jax (old)

Banned
Played about 3.4 hours tonight. So glad the game is back to normal... Fal's no longer ridiculously overpowered, weapon balance is back and plunder games are fun as hell again. Don't do this to me again ND!

* also played plunder on the trainwreck for the first time ever. Since the very start of playing this game MP... which really amused me for some reason.

Total Time Played 102h 48m 32s - More (Unavailable)
Longest Game Session 0h 40m 18s - More (Unavailable)
Longest Lifetime 0h 25m 43s -

:D

Jax said:
Played about 3.4 hours tonight. So glad the game is back to normal... Fal's no longer ridiculously overpowered, weapon balance is back and plunder games are fun as hell again. Don't do this to me again ND!

* also played plunder on the trainwreck for the first time ever. Since the very start of playing this game MP... which really amused me for some reason.
Total Time Played 102h 48m 32s - More (Unavailable)
Longest Game Session 0h 40m 18s - More (Unavailable)
Longest Lifetime 0h 25m 43s -

:D
Total Time Played 102h 48m 06s - More (Unavailable)
Longest Game Session 0h 38m 13s - More (Unavailable)
Longest Lifetime 0h 26m 51s -

:I I lol'd.

jax (old)

Banned
CrushDance said:
Total Time Played 102h 48m 06s - More (Unavailable)
Longest Game Session 0h 38m 13s - More (Unavailable)
Longest Lifetime 0h 26m 51s -

:I I lol'd.

I played the game
26 seconds
more than you n00b.

;)

MNC

What the hell is everyone talking about? Lower health? Better rolling? Old melee? Ninja mode!??!?!!

I thought lower health was for an experimental weekend?

Curufinwe

msdstc said:

I use Mute All for every match.

jett

D-Member
I've returned to U2 MP after a while.

Goddamnit it feels like it takes forever to level up.
Goddamn quitters in co-op games. Seriously, fuck you.

jett said:
I've returned to U2 MP after a while.

Goddamnit it feels like it takes forever to level up.
Goddamn quitters in co-op games. Seriously, fuck you.

Hit me up on PSN. I'm tired of them too. I've only finished one of the co-op objective maps so far...

savor100

Was playing a bit over the weekend and all I gotta say is fuck the glitchers. They are RUINING the MP experience of the game. I'm not touching MP again until a patch fixes this, its so annoying.

jett

D-Member
Sent up friend requests to LoudNinja and Metalmurphy. :p

Just had an awesome Plunder game. We lost 4-3, but I managed to score the third point 3 seconds before the match ended. Moral victory. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom