• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmbomb

If anyone wants to play co-op arena and you don't run off like a little bitch to rack up your kill count while me and other dude finish gold rush levels for you, I present you this:

grimmbomb21

:D

Its pretty unfair to imply that a player should play a specific way only to script the game in such a way that its impossible to succeed. Basicly i am refering to whenever some npc sais ok you better do this quietly and of course the right thing to do is say fuck that stupid shit i am just going to shot everyone because thats clearly what you want me to do.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Kureishima said:
I think Village kicks ass..

And wow @ 50 USD headset.

Like I said man 5 dollar eye toy. Clearer then most headset mics. I have a headset I bought a while back, a headset from warhawk, and this 5 dollar eye toy and I always go with the eyetoy.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kureishima said:
Why in the hell in co - op when you are playing and become incapacitated (grab or dying) do the other players often just lollygag around and not even try to rescue you? It's like they're retarded or low level computer AI sometimes.... ugh.

Good god some of these people make co-op completely unplayable.

Yeah I've had this happen to me. Whenever any of my teammates are in trouble i get to them as soon as possible.

jax (old)

Banned
The worst map imo is the TEMPLE. I absolutely loathe playing in there. Its the only one that's fully enclosed and ... eh, don't like it. The layout of 3xsquare rooms .... is a bit "oh dear" to me.

Firestorm

Jax said:
The worst map imo is the TEMPLE. I absolutely loathe playing in there. Its the only one that's fully enclosed and ... eh, don't like it. The layout of 3xsquare rooms .... is a bit "oh dear" to me.
Ice Cave is the worst by far followed by that new one... Fort? I don't think I've played Temple.

Firestorm said:
Ice Cave is the worst by far followed by that new one... Fort? I don't think I've played Temple.
I think I'm the only one who likes Ice Cave. It's the only map that I have fun playing on all the time. The other maps I have fun playing on, but Ice Cave is just really awesome to me.

jett

D-Member
How can people dislike Ice Cave? I think it's the best one. :p Temple can be pretty awesome depending on what type of game you're playing. Not feeling Fort so far.

msdstc said:
Like I said man 5 dollar eye toy. Clearer then most headset mics. I have a headset I bought a while back, a headset from warhawk, and this 5 dollar eye toy and I always go with the eyetoy.

What's this 5 dollar eyetoy thing?

Gyrian

Great coop runs tonight with Kureishima, another dependable player.

We must've played at least a half dozen games without a 3rd player, matchmaking wasn't finding squat tonight. It made for a very satisfying clear on Nepal Warzone hard. :)

Gyrian said:
Great coop runs tonight with Kureishima, another dependable player.

We must've played at least a half dozen games without a 3rd player, matchmaking wasn't finding squat tonight. It made for a very satisfying clear on Nepal Warzone hard. :)

Oh definitely. I'd almost fire up for Crushing right this second.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Acid08 said:
Really? You don't think the train sequence lasted way too long? Ha, ok.
Wow, you seriously thought that? Train sequence was the favorite level for most people, probably for me as well. I wish it was longer, if anything.

agaru

Since I've got connected to the game's server 40 minutes ago, the matchmaking cannot find any players and all my friends who are playing matches are shown in the lobby as playing single player.

Kittonwy

Banned
agaru said:
Since I've got connected to the game's server 40 minutes ago, the matchmaking cannot find any players and all my friends who are playing matches are shown in the lobby as playing single player.

I've had trouble joining Bob and Beatbox and Greg for some reason, ended up joining other people on my list.
Indifferent2.gif

mr_nothin

Banned
jett said:
Someone up at ND needs to fix how much fucking money we get. In anything other than Plunder I get fuck shit.
You must suck ASS jett.
What lvl are you? Wait until you get some negative boosters and you'll be in 50k heaven.
What do you want that has you so determined to get monies?

Anyways...who's on and wants to party up?

mr_nothin said:
You must suck ASS jett.
What lvl are you? Wait until you get some negative boosters and you'll be in 50k heaven.
What do you want that has you so determined to get monies?

Anyways...who's on and wants to party up?

What's this with the negative boosters? How does that effect what money you get? How do booster choices in general effect it? I don't even understand the money thing, aside from purchase.

agaru

Interesting post by 'scdenley' on the official PS forums:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...hread.id=115440&view=by_date_ascending&page=1
last night a ND dev Cog182 joined our party and played( he was a level designer). first i want to say what a nice guy he was, and not a bad player either. while playing he asked us questions about the game, and our thoughts on it....
here are a few things . that did come out of the convo.

1) fort glitch is being fixed as we speak.
2) the number of people displayed on the server list is not accurate, and only shows you players on a specific server.
3) website issues like comments , and other things that intergrate nto the game are being worked on also.
4) DLC is on it's way thought he would not say if it was premium or not . (lol) ND doesnt want to segergate its community also. or at least they know the ramifications of segergating its community.
5) they closely monitor the forums. and appreciate all the feedback.
6) glitchers who get reported are being monitored.

there was other things he mentioned,too. like how when they went to develop the fort, there was talk of having an event happen when the airplane clips the tower and crashes. ( aka like a power weapon showing up, or a cell breaking open in the basement.) but it wasn't added.

personally it was nice to play someone who help make the game, and ask for our feedback. not only that he would then also explain why they choose to do things a certain way also, which helps explain things too. like money caps, and health and such.

dralla

something that bothers me about Fort is the air plane sequence. the audio for it cuts out instantly, you don't hear it slowly fade away into the distance...one second you hear it, the next it's gone

mr_nothin

Banned
Kureishima said:
What's this with the negative boosters? How does that effect what money you get? How do booster choices in general effect it? I don't even understand the money thing, aside from purchase.
You get medals that are worth more when you have negative boosters. When you have half health, each time you get 5 kills you get $20k. If you have the "no reticule for blind fire" booster then you get more $$$ each time you kill someone using blindfire.

agaru said:
I gave up. Couldn't even connect again tonight after talking with Kittonwy :/ It's back to how it was prior Fort patch. Gonna move on to Assassins Creed 2 and then titles for next year.

jax (old)

Banned
Kureishima said:
I am so tired of Lost City. Comes up way too much for me. There are some levels I rarely get to play, yet Ice Cave and Lost City seems like all day. . sigh votes.

LOST CITY IS THE BOMB!

<3

I want more maps though ND!

Leaving work now. Brains Fried. Back home to thai food, some tv and uncharted 2.

<3

mr_nothin

Banned
Jax said:
LOST CITY IS THE BOMB!

<3

I want more maps though ND!

Leaving work now. Brains Fried. Back home to thai food, some tv and uncharted 2.

<3
Lost City and Sanctuary are what I call "Get shot in the back all the time" maps.

And MAN..everytime I play the part where the building falls in campaign mode...my heart pumps. It never gets old. I've played that part like 8 times already. It's still as intense as when i watched the E3 video for it and the 1st time i played through it. Those moments never get old in this game. They're still like WTF kind of moments. It's mind boggling.

jax (old)

Banned
How much bandwidth does playing UC2 on PSN take? I'm runnning into a bit of grief with my australian bandwidth - its using up 1gb/night - minimal other uses - I play maybe 4 hours? That's 250mb/hour? AAyyye. Will be speedcapped in 2 days if I play tonight.

WTF
WTF
WTF

:'(

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Kureishima said:
What's this 5 dollar eyetoy thing?

Is this sarcasm? The old ps2 eyetoy is only 5 dollars used now at gamestop and it doubles as a mic. I plug it in and set it up next to me (it doesn't have to be near you). The sound of your friends comes through the TV and the quality is crystal clear.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
jett said:
Someone up at ND needs to fix how much fucking money we get. In anything other than Plunder I get fuck shit.

I would have to agree. Those negative boosters should be available earlier on. Having to get $600ish K per level in the 40s sucks.

jax (old)

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
I would have to agree. Those negative boosters should be available earlier on. Having to get $600ish K per level in the 40s sucks.

Okay. Now I'm up to level 49. WTF @ the

a) $50k cap

b) minimal increases to overall wealth. You'd need like 100+ games to level 1 level once you get up to there.

Was playing with someone who was level 53 and he said that there's no real point to the -neg boosters because of the money cap and I gotta agree.

well, every game I played tonight was fun fun fun. The balance is back!

+

considering my dedication to this awesome game.... can I get a navarro code? Yes. I went there. Pretty please?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Level 37 with a 0.82 ratio. I'm not very good but I like the online game more than anything I've played so far: it's fast, more arcady than a FPS, I'm hooked.

marc^o^ said:
Level 37 with a 0.82 ratio. I'm not very good but I like the online game more than anything I've played so far: it's fast, more arcady than a FPS, I'm hooked.

Woot woot another person with a ratio of less than 1.00! Level 45 and trying to improve mines >.<

tzare

marc^o^ said:
same here :D

ALmost level 30 now but very bad player, 0,90 K/D ratio for me :p

I don't seem to be leveling too slow, I mean for late 20s and all, but from the sounds of it, it's going to take a drastic drop soon.

But what's the point of leveling? I mean, if I level too fast, I won't have anywhere to aspire to get, isn't that correct?

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Kittonwy said:
I've had trouble joining Bob and Beatbox and Greg for some reason, ended up joining other people on my list.
Indifferent2.gif

You weren't showing up online on my PSN or U2 friendslist even after both of us signed out and back in - that might have been the problem. However we did get 4 random disconnect errors last night too - first time that's happened to me.

slider

Just finished... wow. 10/10.

I can't believe I left it so long. Having got about a 3rd of the way through I stopped playing and only just picked it up again a few days ago.

Some observations to follow...

Bah, the way Elena "accepted" Chloe into the "gang" for the tail end of the game wasn't quite right...

I'm certainly not opposed to "supernatural" elements per se, but the way it's handled in the Uncharted games is a teeny bit awkward. I'm guessing this is because ND has to weave action into the mix. No where near spoiling the game but I think it could use a bit more subtlety.

Can't wait for U3! For a moment I really thought Elena was going to die...

I hope these guys never stop making games. Congrats to ND on a stonking game.

Now I'll have to venture online. Yikes.

mr_nothin

Banned
Jax said:
Okay. Now I'm up to level 49. WTF @ the

a) $50k cap

b) minimal increases to overall wealth. You'd need like 100+ games to level 1 level once you get up to there.

Was playing with someone who was level 53 and he said that there's no real point to the -neg boosters because of the money cap and I gotta agree.

well, every game I played tonight was fun fun fun. The balance is back!

+

considering my dedication to this awesome game.... can I get a navarro code? Yes. I went there. Pretty please?
If there was no $$$ cap then farming would be a much worse issue. It would also make the lvl 50's too easy to breeze through.

How is there no point to the negative boosters? The highest you'd probably get w/o them is $25k on a lucky night (for most ppl). $50k every round is a fair trade. All you need is 5 kills with invalid on and you've made $20k already, which is more than what most ppl get in 1 round w/o it.

Levels after 49 are Elite levels. From what I understand, they dont see them as just levels in the regular sense. Each level is a landmark...they see them as going from 1 Elite level to the next. It's more like going from level 30 to level 40.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Kureishima said:
I think Village kicks ass..
After awhile, I pretty much hate every map. Lost City is probably my favorite just because there doesn't seem to be a specific way everyone plays the map unlike say Fort where everyone just snipes with the FAL or Temple which is a mad dash toward the launchers.

2) the number of people displayed on the server list is not accurate, and only shows you players on a specific server.

There. Maybe now the whining about U2 multiplayer not having enough players and the "OMG what ND will do to stop players from leaving!11" will end.

Although I have to say, this is pretty lame. If you're not gonna count the players correctly don't put the number there at all.

Gyrian

Makes me wonder how many servers they have.

I was thinking it might be at least one per region, but then it seems you keep matchmaking with the same people very often, and many of them come from pretty much anywhere in the world.

Server load fluctuates anywhere from 3K to 10K in what I've seen myself.

HankToms

msdstc said:
Is this sarcasm? The old ps2 eyetoy is only 5 dollars used now at gamestop and it doubles as a mic. I plug it in and set it up next to me (it doesn't have to be near you). The sound of your friends comes through the TV and the quality is crystal clear.

Do you have a link to that deal? I searched gamestop's website, and couldn't find it under ps3 or ps3 accessories. And can it be used as a webcam for PC as well?

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif
That would be me. Good games last night. Having you on the team is practically a guaranteed win. I don't think we lost any of the plunder matches we got into.

Sometimes I get the same weird issue. No matter what I try, I won't be able to join a party and neither the people I want to join will be able to hop in my party. Usually rebooting the game fixes it.

jax (old)

Banned
Gyrian said:
Makes me wonder how many servers they have.

I was thinking it might be at least one per region, but then it seems you keep matchmaking with the same people very often, and many of them come from pretty much anywhere in the world.

Server load fluctuates anywhere from 3K to 10K in what I've seen myself.

regarding server numbers.

good to know. but it never bothered me too much to be honest. The only thing I cared about was connections and playability - which have all been fine for a long time (with the occasional hickup). The matchmaking pool is quite amusing - I actually enjoy running into the same guys - especially if they trashed talk... etc etc and you beat them down. And then they show up again and you're like "back to get schooled some more eh noobs". Also some guy tried to add me yesterday but his voice was really annoying. Well, he tried to add me and a mate... and we didn't add him. And then we ran into him again... and this time, while he was on the other team, we beat them down. ;)

haha

my last game last night was with a bunch of aussie bogans (that's like rednecks). One of them was a level 51 and he was so mouthy and rude. Except... we won. :lol :lol

vazel

Banned
msdstc said:
I'm really surprised with the pseye. My voice comes across clearly. I use it as my mike for pc games where I often hear others with horrible mikes. The only problem actually is that it's too sensitive, I have to use push to talk otherwise it keeps activating. But that's because the thing was meant to be used from normal tv sitting distances and I'm using it on my desktop.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
vazel said:
I'm really surprised with the pseye. My voice comes across clearly. I use it as my mike for pc games where I often hear others with horrible mikes. The only problem actually is that it's too sensitive, I have to use push to talk otherwise it keeps activating. But that's because the thing was meant to be used from normal tv sitting distances and I'm using it on my desktop.

Yeah it happens some times, so I pint it away from the tv and stretch it to the desk. It's sensitive enough that it can hear me, but not too much of the tv.

HankToms said:
Do you have a link to that deal? I searched gamestop's website, and couldn't find it under ps3 or ps3 accessories. And can it be used as a webcam for PC as well?

It's under used ps2 accesories in the store. I didn't buy it online, it's not a special deal... it's just really cheap.

Gyrian

Here's another batch for the cheaters list.

cheaters2.jpg

He wasn't content going through walls, he thought he'd get the idol stuck there too.

cheatersq.jpg

The guy in the picture is xfo0kx, but it's worth mentioning that the other 4 assisted with getting the idol over to him (he couldn't go through the walls already holding it).

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Metalmurphy said:
Finally!

2yki3xe.jpg

Man, not sure what I hate most, KZ2's Radec private army or Lazarevic grenades argh!!!
Definitely Radec's private army!

Okay watched all 4 comic episodes today. It was great seeing Eddy Raja again. :D

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
yay, Fort glitch fixed. :D

also arne, the ND blog's comment section is screwed up. It only displays the first 100 comments or so.

reKon

Banned
Kureishima said:
Why in the hell in co - op when you are playing and become incapacitated (grab or dying) do the other players often just lollygag around and not even try to rescue you? It's like they're retarded or low level computer AI sometimes.... ugh.

Good god some of these people make co-op completely unplayable.

I know it's annoying as hell. There's always AT LEAST one moron in a co-op. I played with two people yesterday. One would stick with me and carry out the objective in Fort (this was gold rush) the other guy would continuously just fight off enemies by himself and just always die once we got up in rounds. HOW CAN YOU NOT GET IT? What the hell? I mean seriously, common sense says that if you keep dying, you stay with the team. HE WAS LEVEL 40. I really just don't understand some of these people. I'm only level 29 too. I mean do some level 40+'s just play deathmatch all the time?

I was fucking amazed when I played with a team once that would ACTUALLY stick together and understood how to intelligently raise your score up in gold rush without the risk of a teammate dying or just losing the round. I've only had a team like this twice.

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom