• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
He does have a point though. The early adopters did get screwed over since they're not getting the new skins.

k0ji-wd

fuck, i just bought the latest 2 episodes the other day, i hope they do something for those who've bought it early otherwise I may have to re-buy :(

agaru

web01 said:
What a disgusting act by naughty dog shiting in the face of the people who purchased the eye of indra episodes before the combo pack which was only a week ago FFS. Now we miss out on the online skins and get ripped off with a higher price for the episodes.

Seriously WTF naughty dog thats now you should reward early adopters.

Wont be supporting any more uncharted DLC what a fucking joke.
Why are you assuming that US PSN will get the same DLC pack? So far this DLC is out on EU PSN which iirc didn't have these comics before, so it makes sense to pack them along with the new two skins, for EU. I reckon US PSN will get a different pack.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
agaru said:
Why are you assuming that US PSN will get the same DLC pack? So far this DLC is out on EU PSN which iirc didn't have these comics before, so it makes sense to pack them along with the new two skins, for EU. I reckon US PSN will get a different pack.

web01

agaru said:

Actually yes they were available for individual sale in PAL did you even read my post correctly?

The fact is people who purchased only a week earlier in PAL regions got completely screwed over by naughty dog / sony and they dont give a shit. Its not like they suddenly decided to add the skins less than a week later they would have been ready for a decent amount of time.

They were also not forth coming before hand that there would be a skin / all episode bundle, this is a deliberate act and abuse of the trust we should have in them to not screw us over with stupid shit like this.

mr_nothin said:
And exactly what made you think that you would be getting the best deal that you could ever get for that DLC? I didnt know that products stayed the same price or didnt increase in value over time.

Dont ALL early adaptors, of anything electronic, end up being shafted in some way/shape/or form?

Its just over a week after episode 4 was made available for individual sale on the PAL psn store, this is a deliberate act by Naughty Dog / Sony.

Zen

Banned
Jax said:
Bought the player skins. Rika is cool... People are really surprised to see her. One guy stopped to check out her corpse and said "it's not Chloe"... Haha

I must be missing something... I bought every Eye of Indra comic and I can't find the skins anywhere in the game. I tried looking back a page or so but didn't see anything on it. Is there an update for Uncharted that hasn't gone live for me?

EDIT: Oh, well that's beyond dumb... thanks for rewarding my support, ND. :\

jett

D-Member
ConradCervantes said:
Ugh, I'm gonna be using DTI for a while. Every fucking body I play against uses it, and it's so broken and cheap that it's not competitive at all.

I've been using DTI lately but it's not making me any better. :p Is there a trick to exploiting it or something?

jett said:
I've been using DTI lately but it's not making me any better. :p Is there a trick to exploiting it or something?
It gives you an edge by slowing down players with bullets and seemingly* increases the trace effect even more(When bullets hit you behind cover). There's really nothing better to put in slot 1, so basically everyone uses it. Be nice if they mixed it up a bit for boosters.

Mt Heart Attack said:
I think this happens even without DTI. And it's so annoying.
You sure? When I used to not use DTI, people would be able to run up to me all the time or take cover at the last second. Hmm! I'm not really sure right now, I'll take your word for it :p

Well, my first few matches with DTI weren't too effective, but my last match I went 19-2 on Temple, easily my best match in regards to K/D. Close range gunfights weren't even in question for me. Previously I was using the pistol blind-fire booster, but it seems after the last update, and this is just my personal experience, the blind-fire accuracy felt a little nerfed.

Rant: And goddamn, now I know how people got to Roman numeral ranks so fast. It's like they spawn fucking shotguns out of their ass.

CrushDance said:
You sure? When I used to not use DTI, people would be able to run up to me all the time or take cover at the last second. Hmm! I'm not really sure right now, I'll take your word for it :p
In one of my last games I was slowed down fucking bad by a guy, so I checked which booster he was using, and he hadn't DTI in slot 1.. I think he was using from the hip or well.. some other booster with a blue symbol^^

agaru

web01 said:
Actually yes they were available for individual sale in PAL did you even read my post correctly?

The fact is people who purchased only a week earlier in PAL regions got completely screwed over by naughty dog / sony and they dont give a shit. Its not like they suddenly decided to add the skins less than a week later they would have been ready for a decent amount of time.

They were also not forth coming before hand that there would be a skin / all episode bundle, this is a deliberate act and abuse of the trust we should have in them to not screw us over with stupid shit like this.

Its just over a week after episode 4 was made available for individual sale on the PAL psn store, this is a deliberate act by Naughty Dog / Sony.
Oh, so the comics were out last week on EU store and without the skins? This is indeed unpleasant. :\

Kittonwy said:
GG Broken, Jeramii, GW and SteetAttack.
Indifferent2.gif
Yeah, those were very fun games. I made it to Lv 49 last night, also! :D

jax (old)

Banned
mr_nothin said:
And exactly what made you think that you would be getting the best deal that you could ever get for that DLC? I didnt know that products stayed the same price or didnt increase in value over time.

Dont ALL early adaptors, of anything electronic, end up being shafted in some way/shape/or form?

are u insane? I'd have to agree with the people who complained. WTF? I'm glad I didn't buy it earlier. I got the skins but I still think its off. 2 things here.

a) The skins should be free to anyone who's bought even 1 episode.

b) this DLC hasn't been out that long for it to be tagged as "early adopter" related

Rewrite said:
He does have a point though. The early adopters did get screwed over since they're not getting the new skins.

agreed.

Arne, you should respond if you can. I don't think anyone should be burned.

anyhow skin comments: Rika is f**king freaky looking, short and sorta pear shaped. She has this south east asian slang and even does the whole "la" thing. "I got it la". hhahahahhaa I love how ND is able to cast outside the norm for their characters. I couldn't see her face til I got a friend to activate her and then we did taunts and it was fucking hilarious. The american guy I played with was like "I want that asian hooker, she's awesome"

pinkerton, I can't hear a lot of his catch phrases but its neat that he has a
pony tail
:p Also love the look.

Excellent addition to the MP cast. A lot more varied and interesting to me than XYZ skeletons.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
web01 said:
What a disgusting act by naughty dog shiting in the face of the people who purchased the eye of indra episodes before the combo pack which was only a week ago FFS. Now we miss out on the online skins and get ripped off with a higher price for the episodes.

Seriously WTF naughty dog thats now you should reward early adopters.

Wont be supporting any more uncharted DLC what a fucking joke.
It probably has more to do with how Sony decided how to release the episodes than what ND wanted. Amy Henning said the comics would be released in November as a $2.50 bundle and that they would include some U2 DLC in an interview back in late October.

Jax said:
can someone post stills with the navarro skin? I've yet to see this in action in the bazillion games I've played.
2ytxsf9.jpg

2vrxyrp.jpg

e1979h.jpg

118g3ud.jpg

i6e6c3.jpg

xm8igl.jpg

Quixzlizx

Is there a reason why you aren't allowed to try Survival/Gold Rush solo? Sometimes my friends aren't around and I'd rather not roll the dice with randoms. I'd get slaughtered, but it'd be a fun challenge.

Killthee

Quixzlizx said:
Is there a reason why you aren't allowed to try Survival/Gold Rush solo? Sometimes my friends aren't around and I'd rather not roll the dice with randoms. I'd get slaughtered, but it'd be a fun challenge.
QFT. Give me a single player Gold Rush/Survival ND!

Yeah, I think a single player Survivor and Gold Rush would be an okay (and easy) addition. If not, at least in the next game. Sadly, I'm ultrapsyched for a presumable Uncharted 3, god knows when that will ever arrive.

For those complaining about the skins, I agree. That is horse shit.

Though I wish I at least had the option to obtain those skins and all the others. Where the fuck are they. Baseball T Drake, Navarro, Eddy, Pirate, Rika, and Pinkerton aren't available here in the US as far as I know. WTF!

Killthee

MoonsaultSlayer said:
For those complaining about the skins, I agree. That is horse shit.

Though I wish I at least had the option to obtain those skins and all the others. Where the fuck are they. Baseball T Drake, Navarro, Eddy, Pirate, Rika, and Pinkerton aren't available here in the US as far as I know. WTF!
AFAIK, Navarro was given out at Comic Con & Eddy hasn't been released yet.

Euro Exclusive skins: 4
US Exclusive skins: 1 : /

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
CrushDance said:
It gives you an edge by slowing down players with bullets and seemingly* increases the trace effect even more(When bullets hit you behind cover). There's really nothing better to put in slot 1, so basically everyone uses it. Be nice if they mixed it up a bit for boosters.

DTI does not do that. What actually causes the effect, I don't know. I have been slowed down by other players not using DTI.

alr1ghtstart said:
DTI does not do that. What actually causes the effect, I don't know. I have been slowed down by other players not using DTI.
I believe (I think I read that somewhere in this thread, actually) you get slowed down after a certain number of bullet hits. I guess the advantage of using DTI is that even if your aim is less than good, you can still get a good number of bullets to hit your enemy by just spraying them, slowing them down enough so they won't get to cover in time.

MNC

Killthee said:
It probably has more to do with how Sony decided how to release the episodes than what ND wanted. Amy Henning said the comics would be released in November as a $2.50 bundle and that they would include some U2 DLC in an interview back in late October.

[IG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2ytxsf9.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2vrxyrp.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i48.tinypic.com/e1979h.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i45.tinypic.com/118g3ud.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i50.tinypic.com/i6e6c3.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i49.tinypic.com/xm8igl.jpg[/IMG]

Really now, how can people say the multiplayer isn't good looking. The straight to screenshots stuff is just bad :lol

Also, :lol
I saw the screens of Rika that left out the face (looking backwards, underwater) and I'm thinking hey, she could be pretty! Maybe all the people saying she's ugly aren't right after all! Cue one page back and I see a butterface :lol

Irish

alr1ghtstart said:

DTI decreases the time til immobile. Normally, that takes about 6 bullets, but with DTI it takes merely two. It also allows for some Wanted style bullet curving. (Hell, I saw that from my end when I was testing DTI out.)

jax (old)

Banned
Irish said:
DTI decreases the time til immobile. Normally, that takes about 6 bullets, but with DTI it takes merely two. It also allows for some Wanted style bullet curving. (Hell, I saw that from my end when I was testing DTI out.)

There's no bullet curving. There's only lag. I get killed sometimes after going into cover - eg. in lost city, I get shot, run into the house and die. I shrug it off. You're posting some bullshit right there.

I'll do screens of rika later when I have time. awesome sauce. I want navarrro. :/

web01

Worst thing about this skin issue is that Naughty Dog is completely ignoring it, no responses to emails, twitter ect.

Shows they dont give a shit about the customers as much as have been trying to make out they do.

Irish

Jax said:
There's no bullet curving. There's only lag. I get killed sometimes after going into cover - eg. in lost city, I get shot, run into the house and die. I shrug it off. You're posting some bullshit right there.

Call it what you will, but it only happens when someone's using Down the Irons.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jeez I'm just getting a ton of hate messages from these same kids I was last night... I guess they're really bitter.

Irish

There are a few people out there that still have their dignity, but more and more of the GAF brothers are slipping in order to comcheat... Er, compete.

So, there's always something it can be compared to.

web01 said:
Worst thing about this skin issue is that Naughty Dog is completely ignoring it, no responses to emails, twitter ect.

Shows they dont give a shit about the customers as much as have been trying to make out they do.
I can't beleive people are getting so worked up over this. :lol They are only skins and besisdes, why don't you wait a week and give them some time to respond before saying shit you can't take back. I believe I read the words "disgusting" and "shitting in the face" describing Naughty Dog, what.the.fuck people, are you really this juvenile?

web01 said:

Actually, I believe the worst thing is you crying about it. It's freaking 2 pounds and by looking at your posts it's like someone killed your dog.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
In another thread it was posted that you can somehow make that the helicopter in Napal lands to the ground, and also shoot at its gun pod until it falls off. How do you do this? What weapon should be used? Or does this maybe only work against the helicopter in multiplayer modes?

arne

web01 said:

Calm down, I just found out about it yesterday and I was trying to enjoy my vacation.
I've asked SCE for more info.

jax (old)

Banned
anyhow... took a bunch of pics. Was going to try to upload via PS3 but

a) PS3 won't work with photobucket. Well, site loads but hell if I can figure out how to get their system to get access to the PS3's image library

b) neogaf website doesn't work with their browser. WTF?!

eh

shortly...

arne

Jax said:
anyhow... took a bunch of pics. Was going to try to upload via PS3 but

a) PS3 won't work with photobucket. Well, site loads but hell if I can figure out how to get their system to get access to the PS3's image library

b) neogaf website doesn't work with their browser. WTF?!

eh

shortly...

NaughtyDog.com works with the PS3 browser -- actually accounts for nearly 10% of our traffic. crazy!

Brazil said:
Yeah.

Fuck you, Naughty Dog.
Not ND's fault, this is SCE at work, I wouldn't start pointing fingers just yet. And with that kind of attitude, I don't see how we can help things. Arne is looking into it, answers should be coming soon.

Metalmurphy said:
Actually, I believe the worst thing is you crying about it. It's freaking 2 pounds and by looking at your posts it's like someone killed your dog.

Right on dude..

Same sentiment I was having a few pages back... cough. I don't get the severe reaction.

Firestorm

Shit you guys think this is bad? You need to buy Borderlands on PC. Then you'll know what true bullshit is.

"Hay guyz, this patch ADDS SecuROM to your game to get ready for the $10 DLC that's 3 weeks late and offers 2 hours of gameplay! By the way, online still doesn't work for many of you."

Irish

Yep, we had a few insanely good games. However, I have to say, throwing the treasure makes sense in most cases, but there are a few times where it can and should be ran. :p

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Irish said:
Yep, we had a few insanely good games. However, I have to say, throwing the treasure makes sense in most cases, but there are a few times where it can and should be ran. :p

I agree, the most effective way is to chain it. Grab it and have a person about half way, then a person in front of the base, and in cases like the plaza a person upstairs, same with sanctuary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom