• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

I'm getting really good at competitive... still not a fan of the whole racing for more powerful weapons, but I play well with all the weapons that are readily available (AK, the default pistol, FAL).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Cesar said:
They deserve it.
And they deserve better sales too, it wasn't even in the top 20 NPD... :( That's just wrong.
It was #1 in October though and still much better sales overall than the first game.

So am I correct that if you buy motion comic ep. 2-4 they sit in game section of xmb and the first one is in video section? That's dumb, but I guess they did it to minimize piracy.

The Chef

It wasn't in the top 20!!! That is a fu#$ing travesty!
Hopefully its win at the VGA's will breathe some new life into it.
Damn I hate playstation owners sometimes.

Irish said:
What I'm saying, sir, is that DtI is broken and you should maintain your dignity by not using it.

Oh I would agree, but for the moment I gotta deal with other people using it.

Irish said:
Also, Break-Up is pretty much worthless, so you don't really need to use it.

thatsthejoke.jpeg

Anyway I think I'll go give the pistol a few rounds right now....

edit

zomg pistol rocks. And what's with Elimination ending in a tie if it goes to time, even if it's 4 dudes to one? Had a game where the guy hid the entire time with 4 of us looking for him. Not the most fun round I've had.

Snipes424

The Chef said:
It wasn't in the top 20!!! That is a fu#$ing travesty!
Hopefully its win at the VGA's will breathe some new life into it.
Damn I hate playstation owners sometimes.

I feel the same way. Say what you want about the xbox fanboys, but at least they buy amazing exclusives on the 360.

Uncharted 2 deserves Halo/MW2 numbers because its so damn good.

Snipes424 said:
I feel the same way. Say what you want about the xbox fanboys, but at least they buy amazing exclusives on the 360.

Uncharted 2 deserves Halo/MW2 numbers because its so damn good.

Everyone I know who owns a PS3 seems to just buy the big multiplatform games as they tend to get the most overall praise and it's the games they hear about from 360 owners as well as PC gamers often.

PS3 games just aren't marketed well enough and with the 360 having double the install base they just tend to get majority of the gamer talk back and word of mouth is a huge seller of games.

Irish said:
What I'm saying, sir, is that DtI is broken and you should maintain your dignity by not using it.

Anyway, the pistol is viable and rather accurate at all ranges, so I would suggest you stick with that until you find a long gun that is better than the AK.

Also, Break-Up is pretty much worthless, so you don't really need to use it.
I really don't get all the complaints about DTI. I just turned it off and played the game. It made almost no difference I was still number 1 :lol ... It isn't that big of a deal.

I have purchased a microhpone, it is wired USB.

I was having problems testing it on Ps3, as I didn't see an option. But now I'm starting to think that bar at the top is the test itself. It detects the mic, I can choose USB headset.. My computer detects it, but it will not pick up my voice. I have tried on Windows Sound Recorder as well with no results (with the mute button pressed, unpressed, repressed, depressed and now I'm in recess).

So.. I'm basically asking, how do I plugged Wii?

edit: I tried going into Control Panel and testing the hardware, etc, to see if it will detect. The hardware is fine, listed as working properly, but does not detect sound no matter what. Also will not play sound. I am thinking it is zonked.

roman2003h said:
I really don't get all the complaints about DTI. I just turned it off and played the game. It made almost no difference I was still number 1 :lol ... It isn't that big of a deal.

Yeah after getting back into the game and not having access to DtI, it is that bad. People can do things I can't even come close to doing with the AK. Like I mentioned earlier I'm finding ways around it, but it would be much better if the thing was gone. In the end the sheer number of people who use it says it all. Assuming they wanted a balanced approach to the boosters, they would generally want a even distribution across the boosters, and they don't right now.

Really this unlock thing is getting out of hand. I'm playing the MF:BC2 beta right now, and a somewhat similar thing is going on there. Unlocks in shooters are supposed to be about character customization and other harmless stuff, not helping you kill noobs!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
DTI unlocks at what, level 15? That should take you a few hours to do.

But fuck if I'm ever getting to 50, the $$ required between levels is crazy.

alr1ghtstart said:
DTI unlocks at what, level 15? That should take you a few hours to do.

But fuck if I'm ever getting to 50, the $$ required between levels is crazy.

14, but it's long enough. Every match is frustration until that level 14 mark. How long is irrelevent, it's bad design period.

I should be doing hw said:
Just do co-op until you reach the level. You gain levels faster that way anyway and it's pretty fair no matter what level you are.

In retrospect that would have been a good idea, although the few RL friends I have who play games have 360s. But anyway I've hit 14 now, so it's pretty much an even playing field now.

ZeroRay said:
Is DTI really that cheap? I've just hit lvl 14 with a 1.00 KDR.

Would DTI significantly improve my kill count?

That depends, do you often find yourself losing 1 on 1 gunfights? Enemies always seem to scurry away behind cover before you can kill them? Regardless at 14 there's nothing else worth putting in booster 1, just try it and find out.

Kittonwy

Banned
GG tonight guyz.
KlintIndifference.gif

PedroLumpy said:
In retrospect that would have been a good idea, although the few RL friends I have who play games have 360s. But anyway I've hit 14 now, so it's pretty much an even playing field now.
I haven't played with any of my friends at all. Although the amount of griefing I've encountered is ridiculous.

jax (old)

Banned
Untitled-1-1.jpg

hmm.. still says DTI but it really should skip over to point and shoot soon. At least my most used weapons are the 2 stock ones. :p

flynn <3

Argh!

Deathmatch on Plaza, teamed with a couple of randoms and two bros spraying Axe all over each other. Midway through the match, one of the bros gets a friendly grenade thrown his way, so he and his buddy chase after the offender and the three of them start grenading each other. All three ended up kicked/quitting, and the last random and I lost by two.

I wish I had more friends with PS3s.

k0ji-wd

ConradCervantes said:
Argh!

Deathmatch on Plaza, teamed with a couple of randoms and two bros spraying Axe all over each other. Midway through the match, one of the bros gets a friendly grenade thrown his way, so he and his buddy chase after the offender and the three of them start grenading each other. All three ended up kicked/quitting, and the last random and I lost by two.

I wish I had more friends with PS3s.

lol, save the replay

DTI isn't working for me. I've put 3 burst shots into someone from far away in fort and they still manage to take cover and survive. Then theres the problem where people are shooting accurately at you from far away without exposing their body.

Why does it seem like some grenades blow up sooner than others? All my grenades seem to blow up late but whenever one flys by me, they explode instantly.

GeneralIroh said:
DTI isn't working for me. I've put 3 burst shots into someone from far away in fort and they still manage to take cover and survive. Then theres the problem where people are shooting accurately at you from far away without exposing their body.

Why does it seem like some grenades blow up sooner than others? All my grenades seem to blow up late but whenever one flys by me, they explode instantly.

Bigger arc?

2qak0fl.jpg

Here are my admittedly unimpressive stats.

I envy Jax's K/D ratio. I can only imagine the shitstorm coming my way the moment I start using the negative boosters.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I know I'm really late I've avoided the thread of the game franchise I love so dearly because I just started playing this weekend. I've been on blackout total, and I can't believe I've managed to stay that way so long after release. Anyway I sat down on Saturday night and started U2 finished on Sunday afternoon.

All of the HOLY SHITS... and OMFG's that I've read since around page 75 are exactly how I'm feeling. I just can't believe how GREAT this game is. Arne and anyone else at ND that reads here I know you've heard it plenty but amazing work!!

I haven't touched the MP since early stage beta so I'm gonna check that out tonight. Hopefully it's as fun as I remember from the beta. I'll also probably be looking for people to play coop with. If anyone wants to let me know, my PSN is in my profile.

Oh and another thing apparently my PS3 also agrees that Uncharted 2 is the best games I've ever played too, it won't eject the disk. Seriously Sunday night I went to eject it and my 60 gig acted like it was going to then took it back and read the disk again.

I suppose on the plus side if there is one game I would want to have forever stuck in my ps3 it would be this one. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dear ND:
I want to take screenshots from the SP campaing, any chance of updating the game?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is the new health still active? I was playing it last night and it seemed like it was easier getting killed...but then again I only play U2 multiplayer every once in a while

Wario64 said:
Is the new health still active? I was playing it last night and it seemed like it was easier getting killed...but then again I only play U2 multiplayer every once in a while
As far as I know, health's back to normal.

What's up with this asshole Hi-Tech-Hate level X that no clips under the floor on Fort ? Are they patching it or what ?
Online is getting real sketchy in this game. Very few people are playing objectives late at night. Thinking about selling soon.

Kittonwy

Banned
Death Dealer said:
What's up with this asshole Hi-Tech-Hate level X that no clips under the floor on Fort ? Are they patching it or what ?
Online is getting real sketchy in this game. Very few people are playing objectives late at night. Thinking about selling soon.

GAF plays pretty much every night.
KlintIndifference.gif

Is there a report function in this game? I played co-op with these real assholes but I couldn't bail because last time I did that I lost all my levels and $40,000. Somewhat sullied my taste for co-op :l

Irish

Kittonwy said:
GAF plays pretty much every night.
KlintIndifference.gif

Speaking of which, where in the world was everybody tonight? I kept switching my ps3 on and off while browsing GAF but nobody was playing besides Clark and I didn't have time to play when he was actually on.

Kittonwy

Banned
Irish said:
Speaking of which, where in the world was everybody tonight? I kept switching my ps3 on and off while browsing GAF but nobody was playing besides Clark and I didn't have time to play when he was actually on.

I played earlier this afternoon with Qlaarqueh and after dinner with Joe, I didn't see anyone on at midnight so I went to bed.
Indifferent2.gif

Rikyfree

Kittonwy said:
I played earlier this afternoon with Qlaarqueh and after dinner with Joe, I didn't see anyone on at midnight so I went to bed.
Indifferent2.gif
That's me, yay! Yeah, I'm kinda waiting on getting approved to work at a hospital so I'm waiting on that so my days are pretty barren other than doing chores and playing and maybe some other personal stuff =/. I had a pretty good night had two of my best games ever and got my first 20 kill streak. Oh and I played a few games with Arne. Thanks to him and CHRP for helping me finish off the plaza survival for the first time. Thanks guys! :D

Heres my stats, i really need to play more of this i love the mp. Uc2 deserves to sell alot more than it has. I wish more people would wear headsets aswell during plunder its hard to get help unless i play with friends.

34yv2om.jpg

Rikyfree

supermackem said:
Heres my stats, i really need to play more of this i love the mp. Uc2 deserves to sell alot more than it has. I wish more people would wear headsets aswell during plunder its hard to get help unless i play with friends.

Baseballdrakeimageomgifuckinghateyou.jpg
You have baseball shirt drake. Go fornicate yourself with a barbed iron staff. :lol

Rikyfree said:
You have baseball shirt drake. Go fornicate yourself with a barbed iron staff. :lol

hehe yeah us europeans seem to be getting some nice addons with skins in uc2. The couple that came with the comic pack are pretty cool too.

Irish

I think you can get your real K/D in the Weapons section. Don't know if either are correct.

From Main Stats:

K: 12,113 D: 8,404

From Weapons:

K: 10,543 D: 8,135

I've got a question regarding Uncharted 2 saves. I have a save file that I used for my Hard run, and I made a separate one for my Crushing one. If I buy things from the store (weapons, cheats, etc.) are they accessible to both save files?

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Got my Plat on this game yesterday, started now on the mutiplayer and I must say I do enjoy the plunder mode.

And on my first game I was on a team of 5 Victor Sullivans, awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom