• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
dralla said:
why is co-op on easy when you using the matchmaking. cmoooooon man

Amen-Brother.jpg

hate hate hate how it's set up.

Was that Livesync I downloaded just the prep for the double cash weekend?

iratA

Congrats ND for the many GOTY awards your getting for this game. Well deserved IMO, its certainly one of the best games I've ever played. The wait for the third installment is already killing me!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Can't wait to find out what kind of new maps they have in store as well as skins! I'd definitely be interested in buying them. I don't play deathmatch games, but if the maps can be played for survival/gold rush co-op like The Fort, count me in. Also, I like the new additions they're putting in on the update that's coming out later this month. Everything sounds awesome. Also double cash ftw!

Oh, and forgot to add. Congratulations to Naughty Dog for all the Game of the Year awards it's receiving. Truly well deserved.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
i cant get over how unbelievably gorgeous this game is.

it really feels like youre on an adventure because of how real everything is.

Is this normal? I started playing tonight for the first time and this is pretty distracting. Can't find anything on the net about it. This is a photo I took of my TV screen in the Turkish museum.

IMG_0002.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
ps3fucked.jpg

Sorry man.

I lost all my saves for this when I moved to my slim, but don't mind starting again :D

Dot50Cal said:
Hate to tell you this, but that looks like your GPU is dying. Is your PS3 still in warranty?

It's a slim. I bought it the day it was available. No other game does this and in Uncharted 2 the cutscenes look fine. It's only during gameplay. I'll call Sony tomorrow then. Super sucky.

rc213

Just played my first Team Deathmatch, Came out 7 kills/7deaths against all 30+ people. Some guys on my team kept killing one guy on our team for some reason.

So pretty... Gonna try some co-op next.

nib95

Banned
Dot50Cal said:
Hate to tell you this, but that looks like your GPU is dying. Is your PS3 still in warranty?

Yeap, GPU artifacting. Looks like the gfx card is on the way out. Still, sometimes these things can sort themselves, if for example a fan temporarily stopped working or something. But usually it only gets worse lol.

k0ji-wd

OldJadedGamer said:
It's a slim. I bought it the day it was available. No other game does this and in Uncharted 2 the cutscenes look fine. It's only during gameplay. I'll call Sony tomorrow then. Super sucky.

Sucks dude, I had the same thing on my 360 (albeit green instead of the blue you're getting) before it RROD'd' and it ended up being a GPU problem

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
OldJadedGamer said:
Is this normal? I started playing tonight for the first time and this is pretty distracting. Can't find anything on the net about it. This is a photo I took of my TV screen in the Turkish museum.

[IG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd140/oldjadedgamer/IMG_0002.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah that's definitely your GPU. My friend had the same problem and for whatever reason it only happened with a few games here and there, but it's definitely not a good sign. You should get it fixed as soon as posibble just in case it you get far and lose your data or the console YLoD and eats your game.

Kak.efes

Anyone interested in doing crushing co-operative? I was just in a hard co-operative game where I got 95k, to my partners 15k. It seems I'm always matched up with people who have no idea what they're doing.

PSN is bkak

AniHawk

I'm gonna go ahead and rent this, despite not having a whole lot of cash on hand, still (rightfully) holding a grudge against ND for Jak II, not enjoying the Uncharted demo (which I guess everyone says is not a good representation of the game), and not enjoying the multiplayer from U2.

From what I understand this is a shooter with very limited platforming elements and cutscenes done in the same fashion like Beyond Good & Evil where you actually are part of them instead of just watching them. As long as I know what to expect, I think I'm good. It'll be my first PS3 game (aside from Disgaea 3, but that doesn't count).

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
AniHawk said:
I'm gonna go ahead and rent this, despite not having a whole lot of cash on hand, still (rightfully) holding a grudge against ND for Jak II, not enjoying the Uncharted demo (which I guess everyone says is not a good representation of the game), and not enjoying the multiplayer from U2.

From what I understand this is a shooter with very limited platforming elements and cutscenes done in the same fashion like Beyond Good & Evil where you actually are part of them instead of just watching them. As long as I know what to expect, I think I'm good. It'll be my first PS3 game (aside from Disgaea 3, but that doesn't count).
I think I share a lot of taste with you, and to me Uncharted 2 is the first real gem released on HD consoles so far. Enjoy the ride!

After watching the G4tv feedback Uncharted 2 special. I want the DLC to be subtitles for tenzin. I want to know what he's actually saying and make it optional.

NG28

Going to play this at friend's house tomorrow, I'm freaking pumped. I have to beat it all in one day though :lol Hopefully it won't take 10 hours, but that's what I keep hearing.

Gyrian

Great games the other night, there was even some Crushing coop!
I continue to be surprised at how much fun U2 keeps delivering, after all the hours I've put into it. Feels like I might keep going until they present us with a third installment.

Here's some photos of the last session.
For all the lagged pulldowns we went through, I really do enjoy the melee system they've got in place. All kinds of great turnarounds get set up unexpectedly.

32745209.jpg

In position for my favorite move. Rare to get this one lined up.

45698741.jpg

So there's Flynn, eating some ledge.

96183183.jpg

And that's how the body stood. A warning to others.

26148117.jpg

Villains didn't notice the odd Hero in their ranks.

44739125.jpg

So satisfying to pull off. :D

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
grimmbomb said:
Isn't there supposed to be dlc today? I thoght someone said Thursday.
If they're gonna release anything, it'll probably be released next Thursday to coincide with the X-Mas Dbl Cash Weekend.

Lemming_JRS said:
Extensive interview with Amy Hennig & Bruce Straley over @ G4TV:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/tag/5635/Feedback.html
I watched all of that, and I found it very interesting. Especially, when they said that the way Drake interacted in the village part of the game wasn't originally in there. That they made him interact differently than normal, because of the feedback from their focus testing with different individuals. It was hilarious when they said the first thing that people did was hit the people and the cows, and how the developers wanted gamers to actually get a sense of who Drake really is and stuff. So, yeah, very interesting and informative interview there. :)

jax (old)

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
If some of you guys are interested in Uncharted 2 art there is a thread that Uncharted 2 artist post about their work.

It's mainly character models and textures.

That's really interesting - I guess their pipeline and art assets would be ready for PS4! because man, don't the maya stuff look good. We're getting to the stage where the art/tech are more robust then the home consoles can render. Next next gen is going to be the sweet spot.

zomg

+

congrats to nathan drake for winning Gamezone's hottest gaming hunk of 2009.

(from FB). :D

NG28

Jax said:
That's really interesting - I guess their pipeline and art assets would be ready for PS4! because man, don't the maya stuff look good. We're getting to the stage where the art/tech are more robust then the home consoles can render. Next next gen is going to be the sweet spot.

It's always been this way.

edit - I'll be happy when we see actual zbrush models running around in game.

Ballistictiger said:
After watching the G4tv feedback Uncharted 2 special. I want the DLC to be subtitles for tenzin. I want to know what he's actually saying and make it optional.

are you kidding? the atmosphere of loneliness in the village makes that central segment so powerful, and it's driven primarily by tenzin's alien language. subtitles would totally sap the tension of it, the gentle comedy of it, the deliberate, masterful quietness of it

Ballistictiger said:
In that G4tv special you find out Tenzin isn't as gental as you expected him to be.
Yeah, for sure. He basically is telling Drake that he is dumb sometimes. I always wondered what he was saying, since I did exactly like that woman did in the interview; I put the subtitles on, and Tenzin's words didn't get translated. I'm glad they finally answered that burning question of what he says, and it's nice to know all he is doing is most of the time making fun of Drake.

-COOLIO- said:
i cant get over how unbelievably gorgeous this game is.

it really feels like youre on an adventure because of how real everything is.
Isn't it though? The game really captures my imagination with its visuals in every way!

Kittonwy

Banned
GG agaru, mgviper, jeramii and kilgore who kept disconnecting. We had some nice games that are close, sometimes those are the most fun, wish we could have won the one on Sanctuary though.
santa.gif

crispyben

Rewrite said:
Is anyone else having issues with PSN tonight? I keep getting disconnected out of the network. :(
Where are you? I'm in France, and last night one game out of two (co-op with Killthee and Bajan, thanks guys) wouldn't load, with the bg music on a very short loop. This morning, after matchmaking, the screen goes to black, the dagger spins, the music "shortloops", and I have to reset my PS3... The only other online multiplayer I have is Brunout Paradise and it works fine. Any thoughts? Arne?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
crispyben said:
Where are you? I'm in France, and last night one game out of two (co-op with Killthee and Bajan, thanks guys) wouldn't load, with the bg music on a very short loop. This morning, after matchmaking, the screen goes to black, the dagger spins, the music "shortloops", and I have to reset my PS3... The only other online multiplayer I have is Brunout Paradise and it works fine. Any thoughts? Arne?
I'm in California. I didn't have a problem playing yesterday, only tonight. I would connect to the games fine, it's just that I would get disconnected half-way through the match. I've also been getting the "Error syncing levels" message when trying to connect to the online multiplayer. I guess it's just one of those nights where everything is screwy for me or something. Good thing that even though I got disconnected from PSN for those matches I managed to participate in tonight, I didn't get cash deducted from me.

crispyben

crispyben said:
And now it's the whole game that won't load, the dagger keeps spinning and I here the BD going back and forth... I'll try erasing the game data :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
AniHawk said:

I think you'll like this (if you stick with it up up to and including Chapter 5)

Fantasmo

I've had it with playing with other countries!!!! I can't aim or understand for shit and I'm not allowed to quit for fear of penalty... I barely get any free time as it is,

WTF NAUGHTY DOG??

Kittonwy

Banned
crispyben said:

Stop brute-force resetting your PS3, wait it out a bit, only reset when it's absolutely necessary.

Kittonwy

Banned
junkster said:
I've had it with playing with other countries!!!! I can't aim or understand for shit and I'm not allowed to quit for fear of penalty... I barely get any free time as it is,

WTF NAUGHTY DOG??

Why can't you aim.
Indifferent2.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Uncharted 2 new update today

* Added Version number to game menu – should display 1.03 after this update
* Added Clan Tags – all players can now add a custom four letter Clan Tag in the Profile Menu (square) to display on-screen before their PSN ID
* Load times have been decreased significantly
* Added “Rematch” functionality
* Adjusted some Boosters for balance
* Addressed issue with Player’s Met screen in game menu and XMB displaying incorrectly
* Addressed issue with Double Cash not doubling medal cash rewards

ND support is outstanding.
See you tonight guys!

jax (old)

Banned
Fersis said:

* Added Clan Tags – all players can now add a custom four letter Clan Tag in the Profile Menu (square) to display on-screen before their PSN ID
* Addressed issue with Player’s Met screen in game menu and XMB displaying incorrectly

See you tonight guys!

you missed the most significant adjustment imo

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Fersis said:

See you tonight guys!
AWESOME o_O

Here is a (new) MP walkthrough in the Sanctuary: http://g4tv.com/videos/41435/Uncharted-2-Multiplayer-Map-Walkthrough---The-Sanctuary/

LOVE THIS GAME

Kittonwy

Banned
Fersis said:

See you tonight guys!

Cool, whoz startin gaf clan?
angry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom