• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fersis GOTY : Uncharted 2

Congratulations to Naughty Dog!

I was glad to see part of the Naughty Dog team on stage dish out discussion on the game and their favorite parts of it, the train part is definitely amazing as well as the
collapsing bridge later on in the game

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dedication Through Light , you should put some spoiler on that :lol

Fixed :D

Only just seen that the naughtydog site got working stats now. Not too bad but really need to start saving up for donut drake.

3499cf7.jpg

jax (old)

Banned
Revenge is definitely my favorite booster now. Actually I use the faster long gun reloading and the Revenge. The opponents I played against just never learned and consistently stood on my dead body and died from the grenades, multiple double kills and afterlifes.

so I'm getting this for xmas, never played the first but I just borrowed it from a friend

just curious...how long is the first game (not rushing through)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
gotdamn I hate matchmaking in co-op. No, I don't want to play fucking Easy. Let me choose my difficulty and I'll wait if I have to.

jax (old)

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
Revenge is definitely my favorite booster now. Actually I use the faster long gun reloading and the Revenge. The opponents I played against just never learned and consistently stood on my dead body and died from the grenades, multiple double kills and afterlifes.

Revenge booster is useless. I haven't been revenge booster killed in forever. You're playing with noobs. If you're gonna die, might as well just throw a grenade at your feet anyhow and use the booster slot for something else.

Alright I have a story of regret.

I have a 47" Sharp Aquos that is about 2 years old. Its a kick ass TV and even though a lot of new sets have been coming out I still think it holds up....All that changed when I went to the Sony Store and saw the new Bravia V Series running Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2 is easily the best looking game currently available and it looks gorgeous on my Sharp but good lord it looked like it was running through the PS4 on this Bravia it was absolutely unreal. The textures the subtly of the depth perception and focus was just insanity. I have already beaten the game 3 times and I just stood there and stared at.

Nonetheless now I am completely unhappy with my TV which will lead me to make a rushed purchasing decision that I will most likely have buyers remorse over....Thanks a lot Naughty Dog.

On a side note it was awesome to see in the Sony Store how much they pushed Uncharted 2 and Ratchet and Clank. They are absolutely everywhere and on almost all the TV's.

Firestorm

BruceLeeRoy said:
Alright I have a story of regret.

I have a 47" Sharp Aquos that is about 2 years old. Its a kick ass TV and even though a lot of new sets have been coming out I still think it holds up....All that changed when I went to the Sony Store and saw the new Bravia V Series running Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2 is easily the best looking game currently available and it looks gorgeous on my Sharp but good lord it looked like it was running through the PS4 on this Bravia it was absolutely unreal. The textures the subtly of the depth perception and focus was just insanity. I have already beaten the game 3 times and I just stood there and stared at.

Nonetheless now I am completely unhappy with my TV which will lead me to make a rushed purchasing decision that I will most likely have buyers remorse over....Thanks a lot Naughty Dog.

On a side note it was awesome to see in the Sony Store how much they pushed Uncharted 2 and Ratchet and Clank. They are absolutely everywhere and on almost all the TV's.
Er, definitely ask around in the HD thread before a TV purchase. I'd rather go for a 50" Panasonic S1 or something at the price range the 46" Sony V is at.

Irish

Good Games tonight Guys. (I've finally finished all three Co-Op levels.)

Sorry, Kitton, I didn't actually intend to take your spot... :(

k0ji-wd

I hope the Christmas DLC isn't just Santa costumes for the characters but something more substantial though redecorating 'The Plaza' with christmas lights may make for a cool MP map :D

k0ji-wd said:
I hope the Christmas DLC isn't just Santa costumes for the characters but something more substantial though Santa's Village may make for a cool MP map :D
I wouldn't mind a Christmas themed map at all. Like, little houses with lights in them illuminating the windows. Snow everywhere, and cool Christmas things around the map. Would be neat, in my opinion.

k0ji-wd said:
I hope the Christmas DLC isn't just Santa costumes for the characters but something more substantial though redecorating 'The Plaza' with christmas lights may make for a cool MP map :D

Probably be more character outfits, Triple Cash period, and a level set in that snowy village place where you first run into the creatures.

Thats my predictions

snorggy

beat the game. i wasn't prepared for how big of a step up over the first one this game was... completely blown away. definitely worthy of all the GOTY awards it's getting!

not much of a multiplayer gamer, but will give multiplayer a go probably after i play through it a 2nd time to get platinum (trophy whore)

Firestorm said:
Er, definitely ask around in the HD thread before a TV purchase. I'd rather go for a 50" Panasonic S1 or something at the price range the 46" Sony V is at.

Okay great I will Firestorm thanks. I was actually pretty surprised over the price it was a 55" Sony V Bravia and the Christmas special was $1680.00 and you got a free ps3 slim as well.

Also, don't know if it's been posted yet, they said new DLC for Christmas. Totally my GOTY, even though I haven't touched MP. Yay for Xplay.

edit: beaten,

BeeDog

Graf Nudu said:
I'm currently walking through the glaciers with Tensing. :O
After the train ride this is unbelivable how this game keeps on giving.

Oh oh oh, I personally found the game to keep on giving even after the glaciers, you'll see. ;D Still some mindblowing shit left.

Firestorm

BruceLeeRoy said:
Okay great I will Firestorm thanks. I was actually pretty surprised over the price it was a 55" Sony V Bravia and the Christmas special was $1680.00 and you got a free ps3 slim as well.
$400 less gets you the 54" Panasonic S1
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UN6ES8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Or $1.72 more for a 58" S1 =P
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IKA1S6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Plasma seems to be much more bang for buck and offers better picture quality than equivalently priced LCDs right now. Unless you game across from a bright window or something, I'd look up the Panasonic and Samsung Plasmas.

There's also this guy:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_three_br_1?rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A!493964%2Cn%3A1266092011%2Ck%3Ab650%2Cn%3A172659%2Cp_n_size_browse-bin%3A1232883011%2Cp_n_feature_three_browse-bin%3A724228011&bbn=172659&keywords=b650&ie=UTF8&qid=1260995089&rnid=724226011

NeoUltima

Some pics back from the beta I had sitting on my comp...

Taking down treasure bearer from afar:

11lhqax.jpg

2nitd1k.jpg

wciqyr.jpg

10d7bio.jpg

10ood3q.jpg

(there was more to this series, but I didn't want to clog thread up)

Annihilating a team, including a Naughty Dog, in elimination:

2na1wd0.jpg

v7qfrb.jpg

111895s.jpg

34nk03d.jpg

xpyio1.jpg

do55l5.jpg

Drake and Elena poppin' some caps in the Ice Cave:

rtdffd.jpg

jax (old)

Banned
This Friday marks the final chance to win a copy of the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition. Those of you that wish to enter this contest should head to the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves game space in PlayStation Home between the hours of 8:00am PT on Friday, December 18th and 12:00pm PT on Monday, December 21st to play the Torch Race mini-game. The user who places first on the game’s leaderboard will win this extremely limited prize. Included in the Fortune Hunter Edition is a copy of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, the Phurba Dagger ornamental replica (plus stand), a special “book case” with art book autographed by the Naughty Dog team, a ton of downloads, and the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Strategy Guide. So read the official rules and regulations below and then head into PlayStation Home at 8:00am PT on Friday morning. We’ll be wiping the leaderboards clean right then.

freaking 50 states of USA only

enjoy!!!

I wonder what they mean by a ton of downloads.... hmmmmm

Just beat this last night, combat was much improved over the last game, though the weapon balance could still use a bit of work. Overall awesome game, save a couple little niggling problems.

1. The chaingun dudes, they are ridiculous, I know what they were going for, but in a game that tries to be at least a little realistic they seemed patently absurd, 3 rockets to the face to kill em, and their chaingun blows.

2. The blue guys, hate that only certain weapons are anywhere close to effective on them. 100 rounds with a machine gun, or two shotties to the face or two crossbow bolts? Just not that fun to fight.

3. The last boss. Gah, annoying with a capital A, what is it with great action games having horrible last bosses? This encounter was shit.

But again, much better than the first game overall, the weapons on the whole got a great power upgrade, and the story was a lot of fun, if a bit overblown, but fun is what matters.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Jax said:
freaking 50 states of USA only

enjoy!!!

I wonder what they mean by a ton of downloads.... hmmmmm
The Fortune Hunter's edition includes codes for all the Pre-Order DLC/Euro Collector's edition DLC (Baseball Drake, Pirate, Gold Guns, Revenge Booster, Currency Multiplier, XMB Theme, etc...).

Firestorm said:
$400 less gets you the 54" Panasonic S1
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UN6ES8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Or $1.72 more for a 58" S1 =P
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IKA1S6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Plasma seems to be much more bang for buck and offers better picture quality than equivalently priced LCDs right now. Unless you game across from a bright window or something, I'd look up the Panasonic and Samsung Plasmas.

There's also this guy:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_three_br_1?rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A!493964%2Cn%3A1266092011%2Ck%3Ab650%2Cn%3A172659%2Cp_n_size_browse-bin%3A1232883011%2Cp_n_feature_three_browse-bin%3A724228011&bbn=172659&keywords=b650&ie=UTF8&qid=1260995089&rnid=724226011

Damn that is awesome Firestorm. Thanks for the links bro I am definitely checking this out.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
VGA 2009: Naughty Dog's Evan Wells talks Uncharted 2 DLC, focuses on multiplayer

This past Saturday brought us the Spike TV Video Game Awards and – before experiencing the litany of world exclusives that awaited us inside – we spent some time outside cruising the red carpet and talking (briefly!) to many of the game developers and talent. We squeezed them for information as fast as we could while simultaneously wishing them holiday cheer and good tidings. Yes, it was as awkward as it sounds. Here's what we learned from Naughty Dog's Evan Wells about Uncharted 2.

Are we going to see any campaign DLC?

Well, that certainly is a possibility but right now we're focusing on multiplayer. We're working on some new maps, we have a couple of new game modes in the works, and a lot of skins. So we're going to focus on that right now.

Has anything surprised you since launch?

Oh, completely. We've been updating our online functionality constantly. We have a new patch coming out later this month, we're improving the load times, we've added leaderboards, we've added clan tags. So really, we're continuing to expand on the online functionality.
New maps......new modes......new
EURO EXCLUSIVE ; P
skins...... ^_^
Clans......? : O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom