• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-wood

You guys know what I want? I want a decent uncharted 2 theme/wallpapers that isn't plastered with the f'ing toyota 4 runner.

Levi

Banned
Unintended consequence of the new rematch functionality--coming across a lot more players who are AFK the whole game. My guess is that these people didn't want to quit out of a game, so they left while a game was in progress, and then they keep getting shuttled into new games by the auto-rematch. Had a Plunder match where two players never picked up their controllers and their K/D ended up 0 - 15 and 0 - 16.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Neuromancer said:
Hey what's the best way to earn money for single player unlocks? I'm sure there's a trick to it somewhere. Thanks in advance.
Online multi. You can use your online money offline as long as you're connected to the PSN.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
alright Naughty Dog should probably do something about cheaters, I got 2 videos saved of people glitching out of the map, the latest being someone named Kubas-09-. They should set up a place to report them, and if we have video or pictures or something should kick them at least for a certain amount of time.

Kittonwy

Banned
Andvary said:
Kittonwy, Yeef, sorry for doing so badly in the games we played, I'm still getting into the game XD

Don't worry about it, you'll get better.
KlintIndifference.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Irish said:
4 vs. 4 Sniper Rifle & Pistole matches are terrific! Good Games everyone.

We've been having some quality games the last few days, especially the close ones even though we lost some, the sniper match last night actually felt like a real sniper match instead of everyone going on a pistole rampage.
KlintIndifference.gif

Somethings wrong with that rematch option. I tried like 5 times to get out of a match, but each time I tried to restart matchmaking, I would be put into the same room. And I could still hear them talking despite backing out of matchmaking. Was annoying.

No word on booster balances? Why aren't there patch notes?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Man, The Fort is so much fun against the campers. Run underground, spray them all in the back for streaks. :D

Has anyone received the Five Not Alive medal? Seems pretty impossible. I just got my Connect Four the other day when four campers met my SAS.

alr1ghtstart said:
Man, The Fort is so much fun against the campers. Run underground, spray them all in the back for streaks. :D

Has anyone received the Five Not Alive medal? Seems pretty impossible. I just got my Connect Four the other day when four campers met my SAS.

Wipe Out seemed to me the most impossible, but I somehow earned it 4 times. I havent been able to do five not alive, the fifth person is never in the vicinity :(

KZObsessed

Decided to play this again for the first time in a while. First game was against five american players, and the lag was atrocious.

I wanted to play the new map but when it finally came up all the other idiots picked the fucking Temple. Still, hilarious games with Lince as always.

edit: was just about to start a game and it kicks me from the game and puts me back into match making while the rest of the party plays the game wtf

Why must so many games ship with such shitty match making?

edit2: another lagfest good god. Load times before games are really quick now tho.

edit3: connection error right at the start of a game. FFS. why can't I rejoin a game i get disconnected from? arrgh!

Irish

So, FFO, maybe you should quit being a dirty Euro. :p That might fix your problems.

After the patch, I've been having connection issues as well, and that has never happened for me before.

KZObsessed

Irish said:
So, FFO, maybe you should quit being a dirty Euro. :p That might fix your problems.

After the patch, I've been having connection issues as well, and that has never happened for me before.

I keep washing but it just wont come off! :p

Other people in the party have been disconnected and kicked from the party as well. The game I got kicked from froze and the other 3 had to re-boot their PS3s. I've now been sitting here for 20 minutes waiting for their game to finish so I can rejoin them... for the second time.

There was a ton of bullshit yesterday with MW2's broken party system and shitty Matchmaking, I've had enough of that game. It's had a few patches and it's still crap.

I'm sick of games shipping with such serious issues with their online.

edit: another connection error! FUCK OFF

KZObsessed

ok we decided to forget about random games and just play 3v3 GAF game.

100x more fun and hilarious. :lol People welcome to come join.

Just got Connect Four and it was pretty awesome.

I was playing King of the Hill on Village (still so awesome level, and really awesome for that mode) and they were all huddled in the middle of the courtyard.. Was great! Nice explosion. Wish I could have gotten that fifth - those opportunities don't come often. Very rare!

SEems like not enough people play the other objective modes. To me, chain reaction is probably the most (or can be) tense mode in the game. Love it.

Poona

Irish said:

I can't connect anymore either since the last patch. I've tried so many times to just enter the multiplayer mode and all I get is an error eventually saying 'Error syncing levels' and sometimes some other error about 'character models', I think it was.

I've looked it up on Google and it seems quite a few have been suffering from the same problems, but they have been suffering from it a lot longer than I. Can't really seem to figure out a fix either.

jett

D-Member
Right now I'm in a game where my character LITERALLY pauses every 5 seconds, i'm unable to move him. And I can't quit because then I'd lose monies and level.

...I'm off the idea that ND should remove that shit to be hoenst.

KZObsessed

100 friends is max I think!

GGs guys. But when you US guys joined us, the lag was too much for me. Hate lag more than anything. Kills any online game for me. Surprised KZ2 lasted me so long with the amount of lag it has. MW2 is a lagfest, U2 is a lagfest. Can't stand it.

Sick to death of online games with shitty netcode, sick of P2P. Online competitive games need dedicated servers. All of them. No matter what it is.

I'm done with MW2, probably done with this. I'm gonna try KZ2 once again but I'll probably get annoyed and stop after a week or so. Might just play single player games for a while. Wait for FFXIII <3

:p

KZObsessed

jett said:
Right now I'm in a game where my character LITERALLY pauses every 5 seconds, i'm unable to move him. And I can't quit because then I'd lose monies and level.

That happens to me every time I play. So annoying.

Imm0rt4l

since update 1.03 I haven't been able to play uncharted again :(. The load screen comes up, and the dagger spins, and then the bg music gets stuck in a 2 second loop. *sigh. Any ideas?

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
100 friends is max I think!

GGs guys. But when you US guys joined us, the lag was too much for me. Hate lag more than anything. Kills any online game for me. Surprised KZ2 lasted me so long with the amount of lag it has. MW2 is a lagfest, U2 is a lagfest. Can't stand it.

Sick to death of online games with shitty netcode, sick of P2P. Online competitive games need dedicated servers. All of them. No matter what it is.

I'm done with MW2, probably done with this. I'm gonna try KZ2 once again but I'll probably get annoyed and stop after a week or so. Might just play single player games for a while. Wait for FFXIII <3

:p

U just haz a laggy connection that'z all.
KlintIndifference.gif

GG but I only got in a handful of games before everybody quit.
angry.gif

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Thought maybe someone here may know the answer to this:

A friend of mine just had his PS3 replaced. He backed up his saved games and moved them over to the new system. Everything with that is working fine, except the game will not show the trophies that he earned on the old system. His PSN ID shows them, but not the in game browser. Any way around this or is he screwed?

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
U just haz a laggy connection that'z all.
KlintIndifference.gif

GG but I only got in a handful of games before everybody quit.
angry.gif

I could upgrade from my 20Mb connection to the 50Mb max if it guaranteed I would never get any lag in any online game. But I doubt that would be the case, so it isn't worth the money. Especially as I don't download anything or use it for anything other than surfing the web and email.

mr_nothin said:
Kicking will pretty much ALWAYS win. Never, ever be afraid to just run up to someone who's hanging on a ledge...they will never get you unless for some reason you do an actual melee attack (because of lag, it's also very rare). That little animation where you see the person on the ledge come up a little bit like he's going to grab you, it's apart of the kick-off animation so dont fret. They did that just to keep you scared (as if the other person had a chance to actually grab you off).

For the above reason, never hang on a ledge and try to grab someone (unless it's lower ranks). Always stand next to a ledge and then jump on the ledge and just keep pressing square. That's the safest way to get a pulldown. Or hang on a ledge and then when someone is running towards you...drop down when they get close (they'll then probably try to do a kick off but get stuck in the regular melee animation) then you can jump back on the ledge and pull them down. That technique is a little iffy sometimes because of lag and they will warp into a kickdown from 10 feet away.

Also, about the lag. It seems "universal". It's like they add lag compensation for everyone so they can all experience the same amount of lag (probably to avoid host advantage). What I mean is...lets say you have perfect bars ("no lag") and you're going against ppl with around 2 or 3 bars. The game will effectively, add a few milliseconds of compensation/delay to your ping/lag or whatever you want to call it. They do this to even out everyone. So if you get shot through a wall, chances are that the guy that shot you also saw you get shot through the wall even though the actual data says that you werent behind the wall and you got shot just as you were entering the corner.

Sooo, GOOD for fixing host advantage | BAD for "precision"/accuracy

*That's just my take on how they do their netcode.

Wow, you actually made me see the light lol. Your explanation on the killing/pulling makes perfect sense. I'll no longer be making that mistake.
Thank you.

noire said:

A friend of mine just had his PS3 replaced. He backed up his saved games and moved them over to the new system. Everything with that is working fine, except the game will not show the trophies that he earned on the old system. His PSN ID shows them, but not the in game browser. Any way around this or is he screwed?

the obivious answer: resync?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
noire said:

Odd. I did the very same thing (copied save file from Fat to Slim) and all trophies do show up in the in-game browser.

Facism

Gold Member
We had way too much fun watching Viper and Dez join and get booted from the party screen constantly for 5 minutes.

Lince

Banned
oh well the GAF games were fun, laggy, but fun nonetheless.

and amen to what you said about lag and online games FFO brother, I'm also sick of competitive online games... even though I have one of the best Internet connections available in my area (20 Mb download / 5 Mb upload, real capacity and fully working) the lag in every P2P game really blows, only Warhawk, Resistance 2 and MAG Beta worked beautifully for me... dedicated servers anyone?

btw I enjoyed the chat we had about the GOTF and some other stuff after the Uncharted games ;)

Irish

The other night, CrushDance, Kilgore, and I partied up and joined a plunder game. About three minutes into the game, Kilgore lagged out leaving the enemy with one treasure and our team with none. Wanting to rejoin our lost buddy, CrushDance and I decided to go ahead and deliver the treasure to our opponents and have them finish the game as quickly as possible. After we handed them the treasure 3 more times, they decided they were awesome and could farm us. At this point in time, there were still 9 minutes left on the clock. Crush and I, pretty annoyed at the other team, saw that we wouldn't be able to get out of the game unless we won it ourselves. So, in the next five minutes (4 mins on the clock at the end of the game) we came back and won 5-4. The other team was completely baffled that they didn't win.

web01

jett said:

well thats because your lagging

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I had the great idea of moving my PS3 with Uncharted 2 inside.... now the bluray is broken.

Yay for Fersis idea, yay! :(
No more Wowcharted 2 for me :(

Lince

Banned
Fersis said:
I had the great idea of moving my PS3 with Uncharted 2 inside.... now the bluray is broken.

how is that possible? did your PS3 fall to the floor or something? in that case just be glad it's only the U2 disc broken.

AndyD

aka andydumi
All right, I just dove into MP. Is there a GAF clan? And also, it sucks that the Uncharted credis are only if you have the trophies. I beat it all before trophies were out so I get nada. Oh well. It seems 100k is not hard to get.

jax (old)

Banned
Fersis said:

the disc?

um, yeah. My ps3 is having problems. But guess what, I just finished watching a show and turned on the PS3, gingerly put in uncharted 2 and it worked!

so.. I gotta get a bluray lense cleaner asap. Thing still works. That and I'm gonna be vaccuming the fuck out of the thing tomorrow.

KZObsessed

Lince said:
oh well the GAF games were fun, laggy, but fun nonetheless.

and amen to what you said about lag and online games FFO brother, I'm also sick of competitive online games... even though I have one of the best Internet connections available in my area (20 Mb download / 5 Mb upload, real capacity and fully working) the lag in every P2P game really blows, only Warhawk, Resistance 2 and MAG Beta worked beautifully for me... dedicated servers anyone?

btw I enjoyed the chat we had about the GOTF and some other stuff after the Uncharted games ;)

Same here :)

dazed808

FFObsessed said:
I could upgrade from my 20Mb connection to the 50Mb max if it guaranteed I would never get any lag in any online game. But I doubt that would be the case, so it isn't worth the money. Especially as I don't download anything or use it for anything other than surfing the web and email.

I take it you're with Virgin - if so, don't bother upgrading. I'm on the same BB package and have the same awful lag problems you do. I was thinking of upgrading to see if that helped but had a chat with a mate who used to work as an installer and he told me the way the infrastructure is setup is not geared to p2p gaming in any way and no matter what speed you have you're going to suffer intermittent lag in online games :(

If it wasn't so much hassle I'd change my whole TV/BB/Phone package over to BT and Sky and use BeThere as my ISP - awesome speeds and rock solid connection 24/7. Until I can be arsed to sort it all out I'm going to have to limit myself to the odd game of KZ2 online and the rest of my gaming is going to be single player stuff as lag is killing all MP games for me now.

Irish said:
The other night, CrushDance, Kilgore, and I partied up and joined a plunder game. About three minutes into the game, Kilgore lagged out leaving the enemy with one treasure and our team with none. Wanting to rejoin our lost buddy, CrushDance and I decided to go ahead and deliver the treasure to our opponents and have them finish the game as quickly as possible. After we handed them the treasure 3 more times, they decided they were awesome and could farm us. At this point in time, there were still 9 minutes left on the clock. Crush and I, pretty annoyed at the other team, saw that we wouldn't be able to get out of the game unless we won it ourselves. So, in the next five minutes (4 mins on the clock at the end of the game) we came back and won 5-4. The other team was completely baffled that they didn't win.

The power of the GAF is in us all. We are legion. We can not be stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom