• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well has anyone gotten the Back to Back (beat crushing co-op with 2 people) medal. Now that would be difficult/frustrating due to the ninja chokers. The Wipe Out (defeat entire opposing team) medal seems like it wouldn't be that tough, although I only have 1x medal for it. strange.

crispyben

Kinitari said:
I need more practice! I started up again after getting burned out on the beta, and I am just now getting to the point where I can hold my own - everyone else seems so much more experienced. I have the day off so I was planning on spending a few hours Uncharting it up, if anyone wants to play with me, just add Kinitari to PSN - if I don't already have you on my friends list.
I had a lot of good games with GAF tonight, first with Gyrian & Co., then with Killthee and other cool guys with the [GAF] tag :D Shame we lost the only game you dropped oit of. Did you get a penalty?

Irish

Jocchan said:

Freakin' Italian Shotgun Terror!!!

I've taken out 5 in rapid succession before, but not gotten them quick enough to get the FNA. It always takes forever to find that last guy. There are then those other times where some random guy one shots the fifth guy I've wounded.

alr1ghtstart, to get the WipeOut Medal, you need to kill all 5 of the enemies before the first one you killed has a chance to respawn.

jax (old)

Banned
Cyberia said:

GotY%20Winner%20-%20Uncharted%202%20-%20Among%20Thieves-620x.jpg

awesome write up. Congrats again ND. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZGOjsqnb5g&feature=player_embedded

omfg @ that video.

Gyrian

For the first time ever (for me), we managed an all GAF 10 player game. Resulted in an epic Plunder game, extremely well fought.

Awesome games, guys. I might be back for more later, still. :)

p.s. Never leave agaru near anything explosive, haha.

agaru

Awesome games, GAF. I think I played for 7 hours straight without any break.

Gyrian said:
p.s. Never leave agaru near anything explosive, haha.
Haha, what's that? Anyways, that on-the-fly rocket kill was so awesome of you. :D Didn't see it coming!

Irish said:
His name is Lagaru and you should never play against that Lag-Switcher. :p
Lagaru? Lag switcher? Oh look who's talking, it's BrokeNoob. *ignorez*
;P

Jocchan said:
:O

I have 3 wipe out medals, don't remember how I got them though. :lol

grimmbomb

Two revenge codes that were selling on ebay over the weekend went for 12.50 and....$28.00!!! wtf? I'm at level 47, so one more to go for Revenge. But is this booster really that effective? That's half the price of the game.

jax (old)

Banned
Re wipeout

you get it if every single opposing enemy unit gets xed out in1 instance and I'd say its less something you can plan for and more random luck. Between spawn counter timing and kills I'd say it's a matter of luck. I had wipeout on the beta but not since.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
crispyben said:
I had a lot of good games with GAF tonight, first with Gyrian & Co., then with Killthee and other cool guys with the [GAF] tag :D Shame we lost the only game you dropped oit of. Did you get a penalty?

No no penalty, I played like another 10 games after I got back on, we didn't lose any more games~

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Irish said:
alr1ghtstart, to get the WipeOut Medal, you need to kill all 5 of the enemies before the first one you killed has a chance to respawn.

wouldn't that net the Five Not Alive medal?

Irish

Not necessarily. The Wipe Out medal gives you more time to kill 5 enemies.

I have 4 wipeouts, but not 4 five not alives.

jax (old)

Banned
Irish said:
Not necessarily. The Wipe Out medal gives you more time to kill 5 enemies.

I have 4 wipeouts, but not 4 five not alives.

ther'es a 10second margain between 1st kill and respawn to get wipeout. If everyone is killed in that margin, you get wipeout. To be on the safe side, with lag, I'd say the window was only about 8 seconds.

-viper-

Banned
U2 is such a laggy game.

Everytime I dodged a grenade, I died. Yet on many occasions I threw a grenade next to someone and they were still alive.

Also, I managed to snap in cover (away from the gunfire) and I still manage to die.

Gyrian

agaru said:
Haha, what's that? Anyways, that on-the-fly rocket kill was so awesome of you. :D Didn't see it coming!

One of those moments worth revisiting in Cinema mode. :D

53944535.jpg

73043550.jpg

67788869.jpg

56354823.jpg

97441631.jpg

And here's an extra. Noticed this while moving frame by frame to capture the shots above. Navarro is some kind of badass, to summon his rockets from there.

navarrocket.jpg

Dedication Through Light said:
UNless they do another free map, included with a "title update".
If there isn't any maps on the PSN Store tomorrow, then what you said could happen. That would be two free maps in two months. That would be very cool.

Played with wack teams most of the night, no one ever wants to get the treasure, also found a glitch, if you stand near ledge while someone is being pulled down, the guy on the ledge can still get you before the animation finishes.

Anyways, I take a quick break mid-match to eat dinner, and the wife hops on, I had 10 kills or so and was charging the mic...all of sudden someone starts talking. This is a mistake, as one of us is going to make you cry/quit.

She starts doing her thing, and one of the things I can't stand is people making excuses.

"All you use is <insert how I died> and it was totally hax/lag/bullshit/I shot first"

If you die, you die. Big fucking deal. Yea, there's teleport punches, yea the grenade radius is wtf sometimes, suck it up. It's the same for everyone.

So the shit talking lasts 1 & 1/2 matches, while I finish my dinner, and laugh my ass off, and include my own unique brand of shit-talking. She's like :lol and decides to play the next match, and proceeds to torment them--Triples, DD, shot in the face, etc.

They leave after the next match, with hurt feelings. The rule: if you aren't prepared to talk and back itup, don't start.

And holy shit is TB fast now.

Rikyfree

Boombloxer said:
Played with wack teams most of the night, no one ever wants to get the treasure, also found a glitch, if you stand near ledge while someone is being pulled down, the guy on the ledge can still get you before the animation finishes.

Anyways, I take a quick break mid-match to eat dinner, and the wife hops on, I had 10 kills or so and was charging the mic...all of sudden someone starts talking. This is a mistake, as one of us is going to make you cry/quit.

She starts doing her thing, and one of the things I can't stand is people making excuses.

If you die, you die. Big fucking deal. Yea, there's teleport punches, yea the grenade radius is wtf sometimes, suck it up. It's the same for everyone.

So the shit talking lasts 1 & 1/2 matches, while I finish my dinner, and laugh my ass off, and include my own unique brand of shit-talking. She's like :lol and decides to play the next match, and proceeds to torment them--Triples, DD, shot in the face, etc.

They leave after the next match, with hurt feelings. The rule: if you aren't prepared to talk and back it up, don't start.

And holy shit is TB fast now.
I know what you mean, man. Broken, WOW, CJ, myself, and another guy were playing a plunder match in fort. This one guy was talking such trash, but we were beating the everloving piss out of him and his entire team. We were going to end their suffering because his other teammates were cool but this guy pissed us off so much we proceeded to milk his entire team for money hardcore for over 12 minutes. Needless to say even though the guy never shut up, it did not stop me from pointing out the score on the scoreboard at the end.

naib

I just finished Uncharted 2. So awesome.
<-- doesn't often finish games.

Played on Hard up until ch. 26. Then stalled, then said fsck it and dialed back to normal.
Breezed through it after that.
beat 'ole Lazarevic dipshit right away. Didn't take long to figure out what to do.

http://i45.tinypic.com/149nkfc.jpg
Sherpa dude's prayer wheel made me smile at the end

Awesome game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Hey, I was playing some co-op games with random people tonight and I managed to play about three rounds with another GAFfer. They had the [GAF] clan symbol so I know for sure it was someone from GAF. I believe the name was [GAF] miyamotofreak or something. :lol

Nice games, fellow GAFfer!

Irish

Oh my goodness, Viperman, cjtiger, Kitton, Gyrian, and I had the strangest match ever tonight.

We ended up in a plunder match at the Plaza where everyone other than the player was frozen and the treasure captured itself after somebody picked it up once. There were also 25 minutes in the match. Not only that, I was getting random medals out of nowhere.

I also realized something rather strange after everyone but Viperman left for the night. I am a really, really bad player when playing in a full party of 5, but when playing with just one other player, I become a mad killing machine.

MG and I had some great matches though. We ran into this one guy who complained when I killed him with the Micro as I'm wont to do, so I then killed them with every other weapon available in the Plaza. So, in the rematch his partner and him decided they'd go ahead and do the Dead Man glitch to win. Well, they got a nice lead on us by doing that, but I then started running from Spawn to Spawn, mutilating their empty bodies. We ended up winning the match 50-49.

Rikyfree said:
I know what you mean, man. Broken, WOW, CJ, myself, and another guy were playing a plunder match in fort. This one guy was talking such trash, but we were beating the everloving piss out of him and his entire team. We were going to end their suffering because his other teammates were cool but this guy pissed us off so much we proceeded to milk his entire team for money hardcore for over 12 minutes. Needless to say even though the guy never shut up, it did not stop me from pointing out the score on the scoreboard at the end.

I wish I had been there lol :(

naib said:
I just finished Uncharted 2. So awesome.
<-- doesn't often finish games.

Played on Hard up until ch. 26. Then stalled, then said fsck it and dialed back to normal.
Breezed through it after that.
beat 'ole Lazarevic dipshit right away. Didn't take long to figure out what to do.

http://i45.tinypic.com/149nkfc.jpg
Sherpa dude's prayer wheel made me smile at the end

Awesome game.
Really I thought the game was tough. In fact that's my biggest personal criticism of the game, too tough and way too many enemies. I played on easy. Part of my problem is I'm just not as used to the PS3 controller. Also I never played UC1 so I didn't know what to expect, I thought the focus was going to be more on platforming and exploration but really it's 80% about combat it seems.

I still liked it though. Especially the ice cave level.

Gyrian

Rikyfree said:
I know what you mean, man. Broken, WOW, CJ, myself, and another guy were playing a plunder match in fort. This one guy was talking such trash, but we were beating the everloving piss out of him and his entire team.

You forgot one detail to this story, that the guy was brand new to the game, too.
"Wait, is that the level one talking trash?".

Priceless. :)

JaseMath

Quick question - can any of the single-player medals (ie. 200 kills with GAU-19, 75 kills without dying, etc.) be unlocked via multiplayer or multiplayer co-op?

Just started this up last night. Tried to use my twitter account thing but it keeps saying the test failed. I verified my info on twitter and that I have internet on the ps3, its all good on both ends. Is the twitter function just not working anymore?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Neuromancer said:
Really I thought the game was tough. In fact that's my biggest personal criticism of the game, too tough and way too many enemies. I played on easy. Part of my problem is I'm just not as used to the PS3 controller. Also I never played UC1 so I didn't know what to expect, I thought the focus was going to be more on platforming and exploration but really it's 80% about combat it seems.

I still liked it though. Especially the ice cave level.
God U2 was easy as hell compared to U1, even on crushing. I loved using stealth on crushing, glad to have that option for shooter noobs like me.

U1 on crushing = UNBEATABLE!!!

Chaplain

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Just started this up last night. Tried to use my twitter account thing but it keeps saying the test failed. I verified my info on twitter and that I have internet on the ps3, its all good on both ends. Is the twitter function just not working anymore?

I just inputted all of my information and it said account verified successfully. So Twitter still works for U2.

Boombloxer said:

Everybody says shit like that. You see something weird happens you react. I do too, mostly just under my nose and forget that I have my mic on. Sometimes I even curse in my native language and everyone is like 'what??!!' .. but yeah there are also those butt hurts, there was this one guy last night, he kept saying shit over and over, bullshit this bullshit that, I got him everytime, he was ending up with only 1 kill for 3 consecutive matches... he kept quiet last round and finally left...

I started out playing more U2 recently and would like to join some of those gaf sessions... Is there a time you guys usually meet up or just go to the meet up thread, post and get some games going?

EDIT: Since the last update I don't see party up option anymore. Is there a way to party up with random folks or it got shafted because nobody was using it?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ze_Pershing said:
Everybody says shit like that. You see something weird happens you react. I do too, mostly just under my nose and forget that I have my mic on. Sometimes I even curse in my native language and everyone is like 'what??!!' .. but yeah there are also those butt hurts, there was this one guy last night, he kept saying shit over and over, bullshit this bullshit that, I got him everytime, he was ending up with only 1 kill for 3 consecutive matches... he kept quiet last round and finally left...

I started out playing more U2 recently and would like to join some of those gaf sessions... Is there a time you guys usually meet up or just go to the meet up thread, post and get some games going?

EDIT: Since the last update I don't see party up option anymore. Is there a way to party up with random folks or it got shafted because nobody was using it?
Party up got dumped for the automatic rematch feature. Not sure if you automatically side with the same people.

Kittonwy

Banned
Ze_Pershing said:

We play almost every single night in the evening sometimes until 2AM EST. >:|

I miss TKing you, douchebags. :(

I brought my PS3 to my parents for Christmas, and I forgot they didn't have an HDTV so I can't play it, because I didn't bring my s-video cable. :lol

I blazed through this in just a few sittings and now I find myself wanting more. :( Absolutely amazing game, my GOTY 2009 for sure. So much love was put into it. I guess I'll work towards that Platinum trophy, though it doesn't seem too difficult to get (unless Crushing difficulty is uber-hard).

master15

As a new PS3 owner I've been making my way through 3 odd years of content and finally picked up Uncharted 2 today. I enjoyed the original and really looking forward to digging into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom