• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
doing family stuff tonight, so I didn't get to play :(...... Anyways, I am not sure how much I will get to play during this double cash days, but I will try! So, hope to see you guys on tomorrow!!!

Gyrian

Aeonin said:
Just had some games with Gyrian and a couple other GAFers. Pretty competitive. My PSN is: michealbach

Gots to do that again sometime.

Wow, small world, I remember seeing you earlier!

Great games tonight with Kitton, Killthee, Bajan, and Kurei.
There was a game of Plunder that I need to protect, great stuff. We began getting destroyed with 3 quick captures from the other team that we were not fast enough to stop. It got us fired up enough to turn it around 5-3, we never let them have it again. :)

I have to say, too, for all the childish, cheating, cussing opponents I met this morning, the ones in the evening balanced it out nicely. Class acts, and lots of fun to play against.

Kittonwy

Banned
GG guyz.
gladtomeetya.gif

Yeef

I've always been curious but never actually bothered to try it. Do the cash and medals you earn in co-op still count if you do a private match instead of matchmaking?

I'll probably be on tomorrow and MAYBE a little Friday.

Gyrian said:

There was a game of Plunder that I need to protect, great stuff. We began getting destroyed with 3 quick captures from the other team that we were not fast enough to stop. It got us fired up enough to turn it around 5-3, we never let them have it again. :)

I have to say, too, for all the childish, cheating, cussing opponents I met this morning, the ones in the evening balanced it out nicely. Class acts, and lots of fun to play against.

Yeah man, that match was awesome!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Yeef said:
I've always been curious but never actually bothered to try it. Do the cash and medals you earn in co-op still count if you do a private match instead of matchmaking?

I'll probably be on tomorrow and MAYBE a little Friday.
You can earn medals & cash in a Custom Co-Op game; Custom Competitive is the only gimped mode.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Gyrian said:

Damn that sounds really fun. Like I said before I'd love to join you guys, any way I can hop on sometime?

Killthee

msdstc said:
Damn that sounds really fun. Like I said before I'd love to join you guys, any way I can hop on sometime?
Got access to the chat room? That's usually how we meet up.

I'll send you a FR and an invitation to the chat room if you don't have access to it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Killthee said:
Got access to the chat room? That's usually how we meet up.

I'll send you a FR and an invitation to the chat room if you don't have access to it.

I don't that would be awesome:D

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Killthee said:
Done. Don't think there's anybody playing right now, but just keep the chat room open every time you jump online.

Got the invite! Sorry I couldn't respond, was in the middle of a heated battle:lol. Definitely can't wait to play with some fellow gaffers.

Ok, GAF. I have a minor dilemma. I'm getting this game for Christmas, and I want to jump into the single player. But I've also read about the Double Cash event running from today through the weekend, and I don't want to lose the opportunity to rank up fast. Another contributing factor to not start the single player now is that I'm upgrading from a 32" to a 1080p 46" set in the near future, and I want to experience the game at its most visually orgasmic potential. (yeah, I know that the game doesn't actually run at 1080p)

Is it really worth not starting single player yet to get a quick start online, or should I just forsake the double XP?

mr_nothin

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
Ok, GAF. I have a minor dilemma. I'm getting this game for Christmas, and I want to jump into the single player. But I've also read about the Double Cash event running from today through the weekend, and I don't want to lose the opportunity to rank up fast. Another contributing factor to not start the single player now is that I'm upgrading from a 32" to a 1080p 46" set in the near future, and I want to experience the game at its most visually orgasmic potential. (yeah, I know that the game doesn't actually run at 1080p)

Is it really worth not starting single player yet to get a quick start online, or should I just forsake the double XP?
I'd say go ahead and enjoy online. It wont ruin the experience one bit.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
marc^o^ said:
Niiiice, and they don't even mention the multiplayer part, which is the best thing in Uncharted 2 IMO.

No worries. It is mentioned in the comments section.

Quite a bit silly to bash ODST. Uncharted 2 has the better single player mode, but ODST's multiplayer package reigns supreme. No serious purveyor of online multiplayer gaming plays Uncharted 2's derivative multiplayer modes when you have options such as Halo3/ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Resistance 2, and others.

Quincey

Banned
on christmas morning i will be opening up a new ps3 slim, uncharted drake's fortune, and uncharted 2. I cant decide which to play first. I know i should go in order and play df first, but among thieves has me soooo excited i dont know if i can wait to play it. advice?

Psykotik

Quincey said:
on christmas morning i will be opening up a new ps3 slim, uncharted drake's fortune, and uncharted 2. I cant decide which to play first. I know i should go in order and play df first, but among thieves has me soooo excited i dont know if i can wait to play it. advice?

play them in order. for the sake of the story and the characters.

Kittonwy

Banned
Gyrian said:

It was a classy crowd last night but I like some trash-talking and animosity so we can stick it to our enemiez.
angry.gif

Killthee

Kittonwy said:
It was a classy crowd last night but I like some trash-talking and animosity so we can stick it to our enemiez.
angry.gif
Same, the more rage the better :lol

29zi21.jpg

Internet Celebrity said:

I would finish Single Player before touching Multi. There's a map in multi that's a little bit of a spoiler and there's also a minor character spoiler. If you're still in the dark about the story and the set pieces, jump into single player first and finish it before jumping into multi. You can finish single player in a couple of days (if you've beaten Drake's Fortune in crushing, U2 is a cake walk) and you might be able to jump online for the last day of dbl cash. If your 32" isn't an HDTV and you already know about the locations/characters in the game, its safe to jump online.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Internet Celebrity said:

My cousin played mp for two weeks straight before even touching the campaign mode.

So yeah, multiplayer can be a very engaging experience all on its own :)

jett

D-Member
Internet Celebrity said:

You may spoil yourself some of the locations in the game, which would lead to story spoilers. I'd recommend against it.

I'm so fed up with this piece of shit game. It's now two months after release and I still can't connect to multiplayer. What the hell. Why won't the Livedata fucking sync....

Gyrian

Kittonwy said:

I'm with you, just a pleasant surprise after 100+ hours of the usual trash talk from the other end. :)

Rikyfree

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I'm so fed up with this piece of shit game. It's now two months after release and I still can't connect to multiplayer. What the hell. Why won't the Livedata fucking sync....
Sounds like the problem is on your end as pretty much 99% of people do not have this problem. So before trashing the game I would take a step back and assess the situation.

Chaplain

Rated-Rsuperstar said:

Have you tried deleting all of the game data?

Chaplain

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Yes I have and to no avail. I was hoping the recent patches would have fixed it but they didn't. So that leaves me with half a game.

Then the only other solution could be trying a new PSN ID. Tell me if that works.

Bearillusion said:
UC2 MP is incredible.

I know. I can't get over how well it clicks with me. So fun.

Maybe I can get on to play some later.. family obligations..

I'm considering going to Wal Mart and buying a blue tooth headset right now. I'm sick and tired of not having a mic. I ordered a cheap one, it came broken. The replacement came and not only didn't work, but it was more broken than the first (physically broken as well). So now I'm just going to go buy some decent bluetooth . . probably.. for my self.. christmas.. now.

NIN90

I finally finished Uncharted 2 today. It was really good but it's not in GOTY territory for me. While there are a lot of HOLY SHIT moments, the underlying gameplay just isn't that great.

Funny, I think I had more fun with Uncharted 1 even though Uncharted 2 improved on it in every single way.

Just Great!

I was sooo close to playing this game. I ordered this and Uncharted 1 at the same time. Uncharted 2 however got here first(today). I can't play multiplayer before I play single player, and I cant play 2 before I play 1. However, mail isn't delivered on christmas day and that snow storm in the midwest is exactly where my Uncharted 1 package is right now! Arrgghgh

Killthee

marc^o^ said:
Still no pictures of the hats? Can't play till tomorrow night. I need to reach level 46 this week-end :)
Posted a page ago:

4209946226_1e243252d7_o.jpg

Nate & Flynn only.... : /

Treb

Yay finally got the chance to play with some gaffers. It was pretty fun! Definitely gotta get into more gaf games whenever I could.

NIN90 said:
I finally finished Uncharted 2 today. It was really good but it's not in GOTY territory for me. While there are a lot of HOLY SHIT moments, the underlying gameplay just isn't that great.
But it really is that great! The level design is top-notch, and you can really appreciate that when you're utilizing the stealth and stringing together kills. It absolutely destroys Uncharted, even if the additions are pretty subtle (shooting while jumping, stealth kills, little refinements). The environment is used for more than just puzzles this time; the train level is the best example of that.

Come to think of it, I never wrestled with the controls in this one. Drake just does whatever you tell him to do. That's good gameplay by definition, I'd say.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Game keeps freezing on me for some reason. It goes to play and then the screen goes black and the music continues to loop. I can hear people talking, but I can't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom