• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUELEN10 said:
I have Uncharted on the way, and I have a gift card I could use to buy Uncharted 2 (It's on sale for the next 2 days!). I am being very serious when I ask this: Which game should I play first. This will be my first solo play-through with the original BTW. Obviously, you usually play game 1 first, then the sequel, but there have been exceptions to that rule before. I would like to know if this is one of them. Thanks.

Just play the second game first (Uncharted 2), you dont lose nothing in the story, get online multiplayer, mind blowing single player moments and fun, then go back and play the first one

Sequel blows the first one away, in my opinion, just look at its 4 Game of the Year awards as the Playstation email indicated this morning!!!

Ultimately its just a 10 hour run through through the first game anyway

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
HUELEN10 said:
I have Uncharted on the way, and I have a gift card I could use to buy Uncharted 2 (It's on sale for the next 2 days!). I am being very serious when I ask this: Which game should I play first. This will be my first solo play-through with the original BTW. Obviously, you usually play game 1 first, then the sequel, but there have been exceptions to that rule before. I would like to know if this is one of them. Thanks.
Play the first one first. Second one is much better all around and it'll be difficult to complete the first after you've finished the second one.

Killthee said:
Play the first one first. Second one is much better all around and it'll be difficult to complete the first after you've finished the second one.
I completely agree with this person. The first game will be disappointing otherwise.

jett said:
how the hell are people making 99k per match? I just got 22 kills in deathmatch and only got 22k.

Negative boosters are part of it, but you're also playing the wrong thing. Plunder + Deposit booster = 20k off the bat, throw in 20-30 kills and 7-10 medals per, and now you're making bank.

Yes!! I went from level 31 to 40. I make just make 50 by sunday

:lol I wish you luck, the mid-40's are brutal.

rexor0717

If I try to hop on the multiplayer this late, will I get destroyed? How noob-friendly is this? I've put a few hours into the multiplayer, but I will finally be able to devote time now.

jett

D-Member
rexor0717 said:
If I try to hop on the multiplayer this late, will I get destroyed? How noob-friendly is this? I've put a few hours into the multiplayer, but I will finally be able to devote time now.

It's pretty newb friendly, I think.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
rexor0717 said:
I just started two days ago with multiplayer and I'm doing a lot better than I usually do in MP games. It took a couple games to adjust but it clicked all of a sudden. Especially right now with the double cash weekend it's easy to level up and get boosters so it would be a great time to start.

jett

D-Member
Heh I've found that if you want to quit a match but don't want to lose monies all you have to do is teamkill a couple of people and you'll get a "connection error". :p

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
jett said:
Heh I've found that if you want to quit a match but don't want to lose monies all you have to do is teamkill a couple of people and you'll get a "connection error". :p
Connection error counts as a quit. If its your first you won't get penalized, but on the 2nd one it'll deduct 40k from your wallet.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
jett said:
Damn you =P

rexor0717 said:

It's pretty noob friend I would say. You have sufficient time to kill someone even if they see you first, and there are a lot of different kill opportunities with everyone climbing, jumping, and in general just traversing the map. The two things you need to watch out for are the shot gun players who never take cover because the shotty in close quarters is DEADLY, and the ones who sit in high vantage points with the FAL.

Killthee said:
Connection error counts as a quit. If its your first you won't get penalized, but on the 2nd one it'll deduct 40k from your wallet.

Are you sure? Ive had several connection errors and they didnt make me lose money.

Also, to be knowledge if your ejected from a match because of grenading your teammate twice, it shows up to me as a connection error and I still dont lose money.

ANd I would have multiple connection errors in a row sometimes due to my at times rotten connection

Killthee said:

Really ? I done it a couple of times with AFK people and people glitching and i never noticed money going away.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Went into a bizarre Plunder match tonight. No one was able to move, and our bullets were able to cross walls indefinitely. Eventually I was able to move, but my grenades wouldn't go out. In the end, everyone left, and after 5 host migrations, I got my own connection error.

I promptly went to check the match replay. The screen went all black, the playback options interface started flashing, and random musics from the game started playing. After a little while, the PS3 made a few beeps and turned off.

:lol

Levi

Banned
LOL. Just played a bunch of Plunder where 6 people were AFK. Basically for the people actually playing it was a race to find where the AFK people spawned so you could get a tripled or a connect four. I had Sit. Awareness on so I was able to find the spawns pretty easy. Unfortunately due to one jerk who was actually playing my longest kill-streak was 19. :( I'll never get that 20 kill streak medal. I did get 7 Fury medals and 3 Rage medals First Fury I've had since the half-health weekend. I also got 8 Fire in the Holes (3 enemies with a single rocket).

Was getting 80K-100K per match until the other players started to wake up. I wanted to thank them for letting me go from level 46 to 48 in a single play session.

Levi

Banned
Also, just noticed the lowest person on my friends list is 204,413rd on the money rankings with about 40K. So, since the update that added leaderboards more than 200K people have signed in and played. Lowest person on my list who plays regularly (at least once a week or so) is about 70,000th on the list.

Irish

Great Games tonight everyone. I had a ton of fun even though I wasn't playing as good as usual. (which is Terrible of course...)

My four highlights of the night:

1) Beating those racist assholes in that plunder match in less than five minutes and getting a perfect in the process.

2) Playing against my party and almost beating them by myself.

3) Getting two kills with my pistol as I'm falling to my death by over jumping from the bell tower in the Sanctuary. (I launched myself farther than I needed to hit the Hammer Cliff.)

4) Having several $100,000 matches.

Kittonwy

Banned
Irish said:
Great Games tonight everyone. I had a ton of fun even though I wasn't playing as good as usual. (which is Terrible of course...)

1) Beating those racist assholes in that plunder match in less than five minutes and getting a perfect in the process.

3) Getting two kills with my pistol as I'm falling to my death by over jumping from the bell tower in the Sanctuary. (I launched myself farther than I needed to hit the Hammer Cliff.)

Yep good games tonight.
Indifferent2.gif

1stStrike

Banned
Got my PS3 all setup again and working on on U2 once more now that I'm done with ACII and stuff. I have to locate a bluetooth headset and then I'll be set (they don't sell them on base over here so I'm going to need to browse locally or order one online).

Anyway, I primarily play coop/plunder games so if you're up for some then hit me up. PSN is, Striketh

I'm lvl 28 and rising

Troidal

jett said:
I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF ME SHOOTING PEOPLE IN THE HEAD AND THEY NOT DYING IMMEDIATELY ON THE FUCKING SPOT

Fix this shit ND.

Yeah, if there was one thing I was expecting them to fix, it was this one. Yet they didn't....grr >:-/

I'm more than halfway through the game and definitely like the pacing after the early chapters. The dialogue are cheeky and humorous, love the banter between Drake and Chloe or with Elena.

Not quite GOTY but it is a well-polished game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting that feeling again. The Uncharted 2 case is calling me from my shelf.

I think it's time I take out my God of War Collection and put U2 back in and play me some... hmm, maybe multi-player... but I kind of feel like playing through the single-player game again (with cutscenes).

WrikaWrek

Banned
You know what?

I feel about Uncharted the same way i feel about Avatar. Rather simple and non original stories! The game doesn't do anything new with its game mechanics, the same way i felt about Avatar's 3D.

But you know what? Holy shit anyway. Breath taking visuals, and the variety! It's a completely different experience from the rest of the games this year, the characters are awesome, and is the 1st time since Modern Warfare 1 that i felt a game has stepped into interactive movie territory.

This game should sell a lot, so developers can do more stuff like this. And sequel plz, keep them coming.

crispyben

Kittonwy: my PSN is Grandben

Damn guys, I'm gutted I'm away from the PS3 and missing all this! Oh well, I'll be the one in the lowly twenties :D

Got this baby yesterday evening, updated it and kept playing until 3AM. :lol

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. This game is an absolute BLAST. I freaking loved Uncharted (have around 65% trophies, did both Hard and Crushing runs) but OMFG this is sooooooooooo much better.
Cutscenes and acting is ace, graphics are unbelievable, music is absolutely stunning and gameplay has been vastly refined. Shooting has been immensely improved. Played multiplayer today and it's a freaking blast. I can see myself putting a lot of time into this.

All in all, Naughty Dog pulled some serious magic on this stuff. I'm gonna play more multiplayer to catch the event and then push for completing the campaign on hard. Crushing fill follow. :lol

I said in the voting thread that I'm gonna wait before voting to complete the game, but I'm not sure it's necessary right now. GotY IMO and will get my 3 points.

-viper-

Banned
Killthee said:
I've had at least 5 connection errors and I haven't lost any money or my levels.

WrikaWrek said:
You know what?

I feel about Uncharted the same way i feel about Avatar. Rather simple and non original stories! The game doesn't do anything new with its game mechanics, the same way i felt about Avatar's 3D.

That's exactly whatI thought until I went back and played the original. Try it!

kai3345

Banned
Holy shit. This game is amazing. Got to chapter four and oh my god I love this game.

I haven't done any of the multiplayer or machinima stuff, but I think I'm going to wait to finish the story before I do those.

I haven't had this much fun with a game since Mass Effect.

Irish said:

1) Good shit.

3) WTF - explain please. Some guys tried to do this a few days back from the top right tower, and I shot him on the way down. Rocket/Grenade?

Irish

reKon said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVujFZ_jW-4Play Now

ROFL, besides all the fanboy shit, this is just hilarious/creative. Funny lyrics.

Wow, that really was pretty creative. Best Part about the video- I'm pretty sure we've destroyed the team mentioned at the end.

Boombloxer said:
3) WTF - explain please. Some guys tried to do this a few days back from the top right tower, and I shot him on the way down. Rocket/Grenade?

Do you know the highest tower in the center of the Sanctuary across from where the shotgun spawns? That's where I jumped from and overjumped where 3 is in Turf War/where the Hammer spawns and fell to my death. As I was falling from that tower, I took out two people standing near the hammer with my regular sidearm. (That's the main weapon that I use, so I'm a pretty good shot with blindfiring and aiming.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom