• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, had some epic matches with Jeramii earlier today. We won all three games, but they were all around 50-48 or 50-49. Lost my kill streak at 18 on the last game too. I was pissed >.>

Yeef

I'll be on in an hour or two most likely. I have to get some food and finish watch some more Simpsons.

If it isn't my old friend, Mr. McClegg,
With a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

Irish

Inappropriately?

Now I'm a dirty Euro... :p

FFO is an (new) old friend of mine (who hasn't played with me in a while)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's nice that they're doing double-EXP for weekends, but honestly... leveling up from 40 on takes forever, even in double-EXP weeks. :/

I haven't touched the game in weeks and I really really really want to unlock the last co-op weapon upgrades. But I have to reach level 50. It's so... annoying.

Irish

I'd like to see some Dual Wielding in the next iteration of the MP.

I'm also a little surprised that there isn't a MP level that includes the rope swinging mechanic.

KZObsessed

TheSeks said:
It's nice that they're doing double-EXP for weekends, but honestly... leveling up from 40 on takes forever, even in double-EXP weeks. :/

I haven't touched the game in weeks and I really really really want to unlock the last co-op weapon upgrades. But I have to reach level 50. It's so... annoying.

That's one of the reasons I stopped playing the game initially. The amount you need to level up towards the end is just ridiculous. You hit a wall and it takes forever to get past. Feels like I've been in the 40's forever. Just becomes a chore.

KZObsessed

Good games Killthee, WOWBagr, agaru

Apart from the first game tho there was so much weird shit happening, a couple of times I captured the treasure, put it in the chest, waited for about a second for the Captured medal to come up, then I'd get killed with a grenade launcher or grenade and the treasure would pop right back out :lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TheSeks said:

Cap was doubled for the weekend. I turned 54 earlier today and I'm already a couple of games away from reaching 55 :D

agaru

Good games everyone. I hope the 100k cap becomes permanent. Please ND, kthnx.

Sorry Kitton that I couldn't stay. Been playing for more than six hours and I almost fell asleep during my last match.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just froze on me for the 6th time today :-/. I hate to complain, but I fear this is going to start taking a toll on my ps3. I'm gonna have to call it quits with this game if it continues.

edit- just froze a 7th time.

Killthee said:
Cap was doubled for the weekend. I turned 54 earlier today and I'm already a couple of games away from reaching 55 :D
I was wondering what was happnening. I thought it was a glitch or something. I kept getting more than 50k, and I was like wow. It definitely does help increase your level, by a huge margin. :)

Kittonwy

Banned
For those ppl other than Qlaarqueh, if your PSN name is different from your gaf name, can you just type it here so I know? I'm trying to clean up my friends list and add more people but also I don't want to take out people I know and play with by accident.

Kittonwy

Banned
Irish said:
I'd like to see some Dual Wielding in the next iteration of the MP.

I'm also a little surprised that there isn't a MP level that includes the rope swinging mechanic.

Dual-wield hammer?
santa.gif

eLGee

Can anyone tell me how you report players who exploit glitches? I was playing Plunder in The lost city, and there was this guy who used it to kill a bunch of guys in my team with a sniper rifle. Granted, upon viewing the recorded match, he was crap at playing even when using the glitch, but he still managed to pick me off. Asshole.

msdstc said:
Just froze an 8th time... it's happening every other round now. This happening to anybody?
It didn't happen to me at all when I played it today. Sorry to hear that you are having problems. It's either your Playstation 3, if so try out other online games to see if they do the same. If they are okay, then maybe the data that was sent to your Playstation 3 got corrupted and is causing these problems. I don't know what it could be.

Jaroof

GG tonight Ryanardo, Lemm, and joeinnit. :D

Kittonwy said:
For those ppl other than Qlaarqueh, if your PSN name is different from your gaf name, can you just type it here so I know? I'm trying to clean up my friends list and add more people but also I don't want to take out people I know and play with by accident.

Any room for me? :D
Tried adding you a while back, but your friends list was full.

Andvary

Kittonwy said:

PSN: Gekkoton

Cesar

Banned
msdstc said:
Just froze an 8th time... it's happening every other round now. This happening to anybody?
I had the same problem. I deleted the latest patch, downloaded it again and now it works fine again. Try it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Cesar said:
I had the same problem. I deleted the latest patch, downloaded it again and now it works fine again. Try it.

That's what I figured I'd do. I just had an awful night of rounds anyways even when I was playing... hopefully I can pick back up.

Poona

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I'm so fed up with this piece of shit game. It's now two months after release and I still can't connect to multiplayer. What the hell. Why won't the Livedata fucking sync....

Same happens to me. It happened straight after the last patch - 1.03, I think?

Thought there may be something new for this Christmas update to fix it.. but nah... still can't get on. 'Error syncing models' or 'Error syncing data', each time I try.

I've searched the internet for others with the same errors and it shows people reporting them on the Playstation blog in response to NaughtyDog posts, and on official playstation forums and on the comments on the NaughtyDog site.. but still so far, I can't seem to find a fix.

Irish

Kittonwy said:
Dual-wield hammer?
santa.gif

Hey, Lt-Scorpion has to get kills and then bitch about us using n00b weapons somehow.

Actually, I was just thinking how Batman I could be with Dual Micro's or Pistols.

Kittonwy said:

BrokenOath

msdstc said:
Just froze on me for the 6th time today :-/. I hate to complain, but I fear this is going to start taking a toll on my ps3. I'm gonna have to call it quits with this game if it continues.

edit- just froze a 7th time.

My guess is that it is your system considering you are one of the few with this problem. I have 100+ hours in this games SP and MP and I have not had one freeze.

eLGee

eLGee said:
Can anyone tell me how you report players who exploit glitches? I was playing Plunder in The lost city, and there was this guy who used it to kill a bunch of guys in my team with a sniper rifle. Granted, upon viewing the recorded match, he was crap at playing even when using the glitch, but he still managed to pick me off. Asshole.

No one?

jett

D-Member
eLGee said:

pm arne

some douchebags glitched out of the screen on the plaza, but they just got stuck there, the retards. Nobody went even close to where they were, they spent 15 minutes doing fuck all. :p

Dedication Through Light said:
That would be a bit unfair, actually any of those type weapons...

well dual wielding rocket launcher*, possibly would be fun :p

*unrealistic
I was joking. I think dual-wielding is a terrible idea.

HUELEN10

I have Uncharted on the way, and I have a gift card I could use to buy Uncharted 2 (It's on sale for the next 2 days!). I am being very serious when I ask this: Which game should I play first. This will be my first solo play-through with the original BTW. Obviously, you usually play game 1 first, then the sequel, but there have been exceptions to that rule before. I would like to know if this is one of them. Thanks.

jett

D-Member
I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF ME SHOOTING PEOPLE IN THE HEAD AND THEY NOT DYING IMMEDIATELY ON THE FUCKING SPOT

Fix this shit ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom