• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Lagspike_exe said:
I'm having a problem logging into my PSN account on naughtydog.com
It just says "Invalid GET Data".

Anyone else having this problem?
AFAIK, its been like that since the site launched.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
_leech_ said:
Crushing health in multiplayer was awesome, stop hating.

That health with no boosters would be a fine playlist addition. Low health + DTI = deadly. There really is no need for any other weapon.

reKon

Banned
The better question to ask would be: how could a video game ruin sex for me?

Thus, you'd click on the link and stimulate your mind by learning and laughing

test_account

XP-39C²
When i have played Uncharted 2 online, i have sometimes seen that people have the "Revenge" booster (where you drop a grenade when you die) before they have reached level 48. How is this possible? Is/was it a bug that showed that people had the Revenge booster or did they really have this booster available?

vehn

test_account said:
When i have played Uncharted 2 online, i have sometimes seen that people have the "Revenge" booster (where you drop a grenade when you die) before they have reached level 48. How is this possible? Is/was it a bug that showed that people had the Revenge booster or did they really have this booster available?

How I preorder from Gamestop lawl

Yo what the hell is wrong with the matchmaking, or me? I can see 10000 people are online but when tried to play deathmatch it just cycles through "finding optimal game, finding close game, finding any game, finding players," but I never actually get any game or players. This is also my first time trying to play online in Uncharted 2. I was playing MW2 just yesterday, is this normal for Uncharted?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So is Crushing damage going to be permanent? Argh fuck that. So basically if you get fired upon, you mind as well should just drop the controller cause you'll die anyway.

Wario64 said:
So Crushing damage is permanent? Argh fuck that. So basically if you get fired upon, you mind as well should just drop the controller cause you'll die anyway.

Better than unloading half a clip on someone and getting nothing.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
_leech_ said:
Better than unloading half a clip on someone and getting nothing.

Never a problem for me.

I'd rather have original health than implement Call of Duty's patented "Look at someone and they die immediately" gameplay

alr1ghtstart said:
EW: We just tried an experimental weekend recently where we made some adjustments to some of the damage and health and stuff like that, and we've polled on NaughtyDog.com and they liked the changes. The majority of the people...there are some people, of course, where every change is bad, and they may be some of the loudest voices on your forums and message boards, but the vast majority of the people really supported the changes. We added a brand new multiplayer map for free as DLC and we've got a bunch more maps in the works right now. They're at the office now, slaving away and getting those ready. We also added leaderboards and we're adding clan tags, and we've improved the load times from something like 50 seconds to something like 15...so we're constantly trying to add improvements and we're not just sort of "fire and forget." We're really trying to support the community, because anything that we keep developing for this is just technology we're going to have under our belts that we can use in the future.

noooooo

I told you the CODtards will ruin Uncharted 2 for us just like they ruined Killzone 2. Fuck you casuals.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
arne said:
what message do you get?

both of you, your PSNs are in your profile, I'll look into it when we're back in the office next week.

It says "Invalid GET Data" for me. I was able to log in a few days ago, but I've been getting this since yesterday.

mr_nothin

Banned
Himuro said:
This is the general problem with all Uncharted 2 characters aside from Elena and Chloe.

Drake is after some treasure for who knows what reason. Don't know what his job is. Due to the first game I originally thought he was an explorer, and archaeologist or something. But in Uncharted 2, he's a thief.

Chloe is his girlfriend who's also a spy or some shit.

So they're going after like, this treasure Genghis Khan had that Marco Polo searched for.

So like, this evil guy um wants it and stuff. Don't know what his job is. Just seems to have a military. And he's evil.

He has a right hand man, Flynn. Makes enough sense.

So they meet some guy who also seeks the stone and he sends you off into the mountains with a guy you can't communicate with.

And fight giant evil goats.

Basically, nothing about their character roles make sense, but the same can be applied to the original Uncharted.

The game assumes we know Drake and Eddy's relationship. We don't. It's not like Indiana Jones where they show what Indy's rival does. No, Eddy is just there.

Likewise, we know nothing about the guys trying to kill Drake and Sully and Elena. They just want the treasure. Are they lovers of great artifacts? Are they gangsters since Sully owes them money? We don't know shit: just point and shoot, kinda like a camera, right?

The problem with both Uncharted games is that no character's role is ever developed or reason. The only one that makes any sense is Elena because she's a reporter and makes documentaries and news reports.

Everything else is set up for convenience. In Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana seeks out the ark not only because Hitler wants to use it as a weapon in his army but also due to his love for archaeology and his hard on for old artifacts. He can't let such a prized jewel of archaeology fall into the wrong hands. The villains and heroes have a clear goal and a reason for their actions: to assist their fuhrer. In Uncharted, it's like, okay, kill these dudes.

This is why it's lol to ever expect anything from a game story. They are almost always universally underdeveloped and amateur. I just want to blow shit up. If a game does have a good story, that's a nice bonus, but I won't complain if the core game is solid.
To me, Drake came off as a "go with the flow" type of guy. If there's an adventure with money involved then he's down for it. Right at the beginning of the 1st Uncharted he makes a joke about being captured about pirates. That doesnt come off as being the all around good guy. Drake has a comical-dark side to him.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Kureishima said:
That only counts for relatively close distances, right? For Fal-like distances, it seems to me that I still need to have controlled bursts.
Not really. It may take a full clip for you to take out someone in a long distance, but it's doable.

Also, yes, the M4 is better, but they're not always there for you.

Himuro said:

23rkfht.jpg

arne

Himuro said:
This is the general problem with all Uncharted 2 characters aside from Elena and Chloe.

Drake is after some treasure for who knows what reason. Don't know what his job is. Due to the first game I originally thought he was an explorer, and archaeologist or something. But in Uncharted 2, he's a thief.

Chloe is his girlfriend who's also a spy or some shit.

So they're going after like, this treasure Genghis Khan had that Marco Polo searched for.

So like, this evil guy um wants it and stuff. Don't know what his job is. Just seems to have a military. And he's evil.

He has a right hand man, Flynn. Makes enough sense.

So they meet some guy who also seeks the stone and he sends you off into the mountains with a guy you can't communicate with.

And fight giant evil goats.

Basically, nothing about their character roles make sense, but the same can be applied to the original Uncharted.

The game assumes we know Drake and Eddy's relationship. We don't. It's not like Indiana Jones where they show what Indy's rival does. No, Eddy is just there.

Likewise, we know nothing about the guys trying to kill Drake and Sully and Elena. They just want the treasure. Are they lovers of great artifacts? Are they gangsters since Sully owes them money? We don't know shit: just point and shoot, kinda like a camera, right?

The problem with both Uncharted games is that no character's role is ever developed or reason. The only one that makes any sense is Elena because she's a reporter and makes documentaries and news reports.

Everything else is set up for convenience. In Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana seeks out the ark not only because Hitler wants to use it as a weapon in his army but also due to his love for archaeology and his hard on for old artifacts. He can't let such a prized jewel of archaeology fall into the wrong hands. The villains and heroes have a clear goal and a reason for their actions: to assist their fuhrer. In Uncharted, it's like, okay, kill these dudes.

This is why it's lol to ever expect anything from a game story. They are almost always universally underdeveloped and amateur. I just want to blow shit up. If a game does have a good story, that's a nice bonus, but I won't complain if the core game is solid.

did you watch the cutscenes?
also, since the games have you follow drake, you only know what he does -- which means you don't know many of the reasons or motivations about say the villains early on because drake doesn't fully know or understand either.

i can understand why there may be confusion between who drake is between UDF and Uncharted 2 -- since we really only explained what happened to drake in our interviews, it's not explained explicitly in the story. although it should be clear that he's being roped into the job he's doing with chloe and flynn because of his love of mysteries, not because he is just a thief. that's pretty clear in the beach cutscene -- he wants nothing to do of it until he realizes this is part of a bigger mystery -- and treasure. drake isn't altruistic (explorer, archelogist) and was never setup that way -- at his core, he's a fortune hunter who is self-motivated. a character aspect i feel is pretty well described in the first and in the second game.

as far as drake and eddy -- again, you're playing as drake with his point of view. so he knows eddy, so of course he's acting like he knows eddy, even if you don't know who he is. this is similar to some movies and books where they they don't explicate everything at the beginning just to fill you in, but develop the context of relationships as the story goes on since you, as the viewer/player, are just jumping into a point in time of the lives of these characters.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yo' Arne, your game sucks. If you move a PS3 with the game on it, the bluray breaks.
:lol

No,really....

168eu6o.gif

Teknoman

Would you guys recommend just going through the SP and getting the full experience before jumping into co-op or any other MP? I dont want to spoil any locations by doing so.

Doing this with MW2 as well, but more or less because I dont want to get tore up online (was pretty good during the GAF U2 beta games).

Teknoman said:
Would you guys recommend just going through the SP and getting the full experience before jumping into co-op or any other MP? I dont want to spoil any locations by doing so.

Doing this with MW2 as well, but more or less because I dont want to get tore up online (was pretty good during the GAF U2 beta games).

yes, the multiplayer skins will spoil everything in my opinion

Teknoman said:

Yeah, play SP first.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
arne said:
what message do you get?
Currently getting Invalid Get Data. It doesn't even ask me for my log in info, clicking on the log in button just takes me directly to the error.

afnp.png

arne

Killthee said:
Currently getting Invalid Get Data. It doesn't even ask me for my log in info, clicking on the log in button just takes me directly to the error.

afnp.png

interesting. yeah, i'll have to go through the logs for this. there's likely an quick solution for this since it wasn't happening before, just gotta see what's changed, especially since there's several people getting it across different forums. and that's it's clearly referring to HTTP processes. sorry it'll take several days though given the holidays.

Irish

EW: We just tried an experimental weekend recently where we made some adjustments to some of the damage and health and stuff like that, and we've polled on NaughtyDog.com and they liked the changes. The majority of the people...there are some people, of course, where every change is bad, and they may be some of the loudest voices on your forums and message boards, but the vast majority of the people really supported the changes.

Take out all of the boosters then. People will bitch like there's no tomorrow if you did that. So, if you're keeping the broken boosters like DtI, keep the health the way it is. Take out the boosters and you can lower my health if it pleases you.

Trust me on this. I'm not the greatest player and I'm not the worst player. I am your average (hardcore) gamer.

Also, the new stats are fantastic. Great work there.

DMeisterJ

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
EW: We just tried an experimental weekend recently where we made some adjustments to some of the damage and health and stuff like that, and we've polled on NaughtyDog.com and they liked the changes. The majority of the people...there are some people, of course, where every change is bad, and they may be some of the loudest voices on your forums and message boards, but the vast majority of the people really supported the changes. We added a brand new multiplayer map for free as DLC and we've got a bunch more maps in the works right now. They're at the office now, slaving away and getting those ready. We also added leaderboards and we're adding clan tags, and we've improved the load times from something like 50 seconds to something like 15...so we're constantly trying to add improvements and we're not just sort of "fire and forget." We're really trying to support the community, because anything that we keep developing for this is just technology we're going to have under our belts that we can use in the future.

noooooo

Not good. The Sony community is not going to be happy until the ruin every single first-party game are they? They ruined KZ2 and they are well on their way to ruining this trying to turn it into CoD... I love CoD, but I also quite liked this MP too. :x

Have Naughty Dog learned nothing about what the 'community' did to KZ2 (Hint hint: They killed it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom