• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittonwy

Banned
GG guyz, got pretty sleepy by the third gaf elimination game, still trying to adjust to not having DTI, much harder to get long range kills now.
Indifferent2.gif

Himuro said:
Goddamn. Uncharted 2 was one helluva ride. I'm so glad the game ended up feeling rewarding too, story-wise, unlike Uncharted 1.

All around, one of the best games I've played.

NAUGHTY DOG I LOVE YOU

Did it beat RE5 as your GOTY?

Darkatomz

Would someone kindly fill me in on this 'Crushing' health in MP?? I haven't been able to play since I went home on break a few weeks ago, but I'll be back next week.

Last time I recall health being changed was when ND changed it out for a mode like Plunder only. Please don't tell me this bled over to Deathmatch too...

Kittonwy

Banned
Darkatomz said:
Would someone kindly fill me in on this 'Crushing' health in MP?? I haven't been able to play since I went home on break a few weeks ago, but I'll be back next week.

Last time I recall health being changed was when ND changed it out for a mode like Plunder only. Please don't tell me this bled over to Deathmatch too...

Health is back to normal.

J-Rzez

Kittonwy said:
EUROGAMER GOTY iz UNCHARTED 2!!!222!!!
angry.gif

REJOICE.
angry.gif

I was kind of surprised, though I knew they had to pick it, if that makes any sense.

I'm just glad to see this game getting the love/respect/props/whatever it really deserves. As it stands, this is the game that is the stand out of this gen. It's what I was hoping we could possibly see from this gen. It's easily to date the best new IP of the gen as well.

I got a lot of conversations with the same feeling from my friends and just randoms you meet out at game stores and such. It's really an incredible game.

Can't wait to see what becomes of Uncharted 3. Once again though, I hope that if it looks like it'll launch a year or so before the next gen machines, I hope they just push it back to be a launch title on the new hardware.

Poona

Rewrite said:
I was trying to set up a game with one of my friends who recently purchased a PS3, but he couldn't connect online in Uncharted 2. He's managed to connect online in other games, but every time he'd try and log in...he mentioned he would get an "Error syncing data" message or something like that. He's tried connecting at different times, but he gets that message every single time he's tried to connect to the multiplayer. He has the latest firmware and even did the update the game had a while back too, so I have no idea what the problem could be.

Any tips/advice?

So many people are getting that and similar (including myself).

There is a massive thread about it on the Playstation forums here:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=uncharteddf&thread.id=110234

Personally I have no idea how to fix it, just have to wait for some fix from Naughty Dog I guess.

Kittonwy

Banned
k0ji-wd said:
Don't you hate it when you get 20+ kills in DM and the combined total of your four team mates is 6?!!? argggggggggggggggggh

LOL, that's what you get for playing with randoms instead of us potent GAF kingz.
Indifferent2.gif

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
My PS3 headset arrived today, was annoying not being able to communicate.

Kittonwy

Banned
J-Rzez said:
I was kind of surprised, though I knew they had to pick it, if that makes any sense.

I'm just glad to see this game getting the love/respect/props/whatever it really deserves. As it stands, this is the game that is the stand out of this gen. It's what I was hoping we could possibly see from this gen. It's easily to date the best new IP of the gen as well.

I got a lot of conversations with the same feeling from my friends and just randoms you meet out at game stores and such. It's really an incredible game.

Can't wait to see what becomes of Uncharted 3. Once again though, I hope that if it looks like it'll launch a year or so before the next gen machines, I hope they just push it back to be a launch title on the new hardware.

It does make sense. Eurogamer liked the first game, I think they loved this one, hence the 10/10, even though they inevitably had to write a whole bunch of gripes, I really don't think there was a better game out there.

I do think they will squeeze out another Uncharted game before this generation ends, they're probably working on 3 as we speak, too much investment in R&D and development pipeline to really not try to get another one out. I hope this generation lasts for a few more years. Now what they need now is more marketing for the third game, they have proven the franchise is AAA top-notch.

mr_nothin, you were right. Getting used to Invalid is a bitch. Even worse when hopping between randoms and facing solid, seasoned full parties. I'm racking up 50K almost every single match, alright, but the road to that money is paved with my blood.

Kittonwy

Banned
Crewnh said:
If Crushing health becomes permanent, then every match is going to turn into a FAL camping match.

And I really hate FAL campers.

Crushing health has been done since last week, everything is back to normal now, it takes 3 rounds to the body to kill with the FAL now.

During crushing health week sniper-only matches were a ton of fun though, was getting mad killz since I was decent with both sniper rifle and FAL.

Kittonwy

Banned
SteelAttack said:
mr_nothin, you were right. Getting used to Invalid is a bitch. Even worse when hopping between randoms and facing solid, seasoned full parties. I'm racking up 50K almost every single match, alright, but the road to that money is paved with my blood.

I'm not sure if it's worth adjusting your play style to invalid, I see some invalid users hide and camp more, one on one against someone with DTI and fleet foot is going to be HARD.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Since I last tried yesterday I get an "Invalid GET Data" error when trying to log in to the PSN on the Naughty Dog web page. Is it just me?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TTP said:
Since I last tried yesterday I get an "Invalid GET Data" error when trying to log in to the PSN on the Naughty Dog web page. Is it just me?
Nope, everybody is getting it. Arne is aware of it, but it probably won't get fixed till next week because of the holiday.

Kittonwy said:
I'm not sure if it's worth adjusting your play style to invalid, I see some invalid users hide and camp more, one on one against someone with DTI and fleet foot is going to be HARD.
Tell me about it, lol. >_< The worst part is when an experienced player spots that you're using Invalid and hunts you down the whole match.

If anything, I think I am becoming a lot more aware of effective covering instead of going rambo, because facing someone who knows what he's doing in the open is suicidal. I'm just waiting for another negative booster to unlock to finally ditch invalid. Just reached 53.

Fxp

It would be great if Naughty Dog or some other company would sell the poster with the picture from JPN retail game.

Killthee

JustHadToJoin said:
anyway to find out what all the perks you receive after battle mean?
Perks? Do you mean medals?

In game: In the Main Menu go to Bonuses, select Medals, then scroll down to the Multi medals.

On a PC: Visit the stats site and hover the mouse over a medal.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
cakefoo, are those 3D screens the parallel-view ones, or the cross-eye ones?

Can you also explain how are you making them? It looks like they don't all have the same separation distance.

Killthee

Anerythristic said:
Hey Killthee, no mic?

I said what's up last night as a fellow GAFFER and you ignore me...bitch :D
Didn't hear you/don't remember.... sorry ^_^;

What's your PSN ID?

test_account

XP-39C²
vehn said:
How I preorder from Gamestop lawl
Ah, so if you preordered Uncharted 2 from Gamestop, then you got access to using the Revenge booster before reaching level 48? Was this the only booster that you got access to without having to reach a certain level?

Killthee said:
Didn't hear you/don't remember.... sorry ^_^;

What's your PSN ID?

Anerythristic

We played together on the winning Plunder team. All I said was "Killthee,gaming age,what's up, is your mic on?" So I wasn't trying to hold a conversation with you :lol

Killthee

Anerythristic said:
Anerythristic

We played together on the winning Plunder team. All I said was "Killthee,gaming age,what's up, is your mic on?" So I wasn't trying to hold a conversation with you :lol
I usually have my mic off unless its a GAF game and everybody else has a mic. I remember you now though, it was a Lost City game right? Think I accidentally naded you early on in the game..... ^_^;

DrPirate

Banned
When does GAF get together to play?

I've been binge playing Uncharted 2 Multiplayer (and Killzone 2) and I'm tired of waiting for the occasional room that's full of people talking. I have a mic myself and I love playing elimination and plunder.

Killthee said:
I usually have my mic off unless its a GAF game and everybody else has a mic. I remember you now though, it was a Lost City game right? Think I accidentally naded you early on in the game..... ^_^;

Yep, :lol , that was me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is there a trick to doing stealth kills online? I like chasing people down but seem to go 50/50 with my character doing a normal melee to their back...and that is just tragic when they turn around and blast me in the face with a shotgun. So I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong, but not sure what.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Poona said:
So many people are getting that and similar (including myself).

There is a massive thread about it on the Playstation forums here:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=uncharteddf&thread.id=110234

Personally I have no idea how to fix it, just have to wait for some fix from Naughty Dog I guess.
Hey, thanks for linking to that thread. I'll bookmark it for later use when they figure out this problem. So it's a common problem then, phew. Hopefully they'll fix it because he really wanted to play online, haha!

Gyrian

Happy new year, U2 crowd! It looks like my PS3 died to send off 2009. :(
I'll figure something out tomorrow, hopefully won't miss much.

P.S. loved the 3D images a few posts ago!

Irish

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why 2009!?!? Whhhhyyyy!?!? Haven't you had your fair share of death already!!!

That really does suck though, Gyrian. :( How long have you had your PS3?

((I'm not gonna play Uncharted 2 again until next year because I'm going to go see Sherlock Holmes.))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom