• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

onemic said:
Been thinking about getting the game, but as I just got a PS3 as of almost 2 weeks ago along with 8 games, it'll hit my wallet pretty hard. Do people still play the MP? Is it comparable to halo 3/gears 2 in terms of online numbers? How is the online compared to other shooters?(halo 3, gears 2, MW2, etc.)

It's pretty different as far as multiplayer goes. You don't have to worry about two piercing, random akimbo shotguns, overpowered multiplayer killstreaks awarded to the best players, or a horrible matchmaking system. :lol

It's also almost as much of a platformer as it is a third person shooter, so that makes it a pretty different (and awesome) experience.

Honestly, my biggest worry is that there won't be enough players. For such a great multiplayer game, the 5000 to 10,000 people playing it worries me. Right now you can find a game really fast, tho.

-viper-

Banned
Just beat the game on Hard and I found it easier than Normal. I remember dying way more times in Normal, especially for the boss battle. Did it on my second try on Hard.

Now that I've unlocked Crushing I'll probably start it after my exams so I can finally get Platinum.

Big B

Just beat the game on easy - don't judge - it was pretty good even if I'm not a big fan of TPS.

It was a really beautiful game, but some areas still had that "videogame" look or shine to statues or whatnot. Still better than every other game on the market though.

k0ji-wd

Marrshu said:
It's pretty different as far as multiplayer goes. You don't have to worry about two piercing, random akimbo shotguns, overpowered multiplayer killstreaks awarded to the best players, or a horrible matchmaking system. :lol

It's also almost as much of a platformer as it is a third person shooter, so that makes it a pretty different (and awesome) experience.

Honestly, my biggest worry is that there won't be enough players. For such a great multiplayer game, the 5000 to 10,000 people playing it worries me. Right now you can find a game really fast, tho.

per server, though that's still plentyyyyy

kikanny

Himuro said:
Someone please pass me some multiplayer tips.

It seems dudes take 9999 bullets from me before they keel over. I'm using an AK.

I personally use the FAL. But once you get the Down the Irons perk, AK should be good too. Try shooting them in short bursts. Seems to work better.

k0ji-wd

kikanny said:
I personally use the FAL. But once you get the Down the Irons perk, AK should be good too. Try shooting them in short bursts. Seems to work better.

FALs for short bursts, def not with the AK

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
use the FAL until you unlock Down the Irons (perk), at which point the AK will become a viable option. it's useless before hand, stick to pistols and the FAL.

Rez said:
use the FAL until you unlock Down the Irons (perk), at which point the AK will become a viable option. it's useless before hand, stick to pistols and the FAL.

It's definitely not useless before you get DtI, I used it without DtI and still scored loads of kills with it.

Also, it's quite interesting that the global average for total time played on naughtydog.com is 860h 40m 47s. :lol

M_A_C

Do you have to lead your targets that are a ways off in multiplayer? Or should I just be putting the reticule right on them?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Lagspike_exe said:
It's definitely not useless before you get DtI, I used it without DtI and still scored loads of kills with it.
I was absolutely atrocious with it before hand. It seemed like Himu was having a similar problem, so I just recommended a strategy that worked fairly well for me. :)

Rez said:
I was absolutely atrocious with it before hand. It seemed like Himu was having a similar problem, so I just recommended a strategy that worked fairly well for me. :)

Well, on short to medium range it can be used, if you don't fire too many bullets at once, since the recoil WILL mess your up aim immensely. On long distances, it's quite useless, but it's useless with DtI as well, so...

dralla

has anyone got the back-to-back medal on village or sanctuary? I was so close last night on Sanctuary :[ Village seems like the hardest of the 3.

cakefoo

M_A_C said:
Do you have to lead your targets that are a ways off in multiplayer? Or should I just be putting the reticule right on them?
Right on them. There's no other way because the auto-aim basically steals any control you might have.

For AK tips, the reticule starts to open wider the longer you hold the trigger down, which is a sign you're losing accuracy. Simply releasing the trigger will tighten the reticule back to normal. Get about 3-5 shots in and let go. I sometimes get owned by people who were just holding the trigger down, though, so I think it all depends on how far away you are and how much of a headstart shooting you they've had.

cakefoo said:
Right on them. There's no other way because the auto-aim basically steals any control you might have.

For AK tips, the reticule starts to open wider the longer you hold the trigger down, which is a sign you're losing accuracy. Simply releasing the trigger will tighten the reticule back to normal. Get about 3-5 shots in and let go. I sometimes get owned by people who were just holding the trigger down, though, so I think it all depends on how far away you are and how much of a headstart shooting you they've had.

Yeah and what tweaks you got on. I use the AK a lot and just hold it down even from long distances and end up with 20 kills meaning I am doing something right. It's really way too accurate at times but i'm a point whore so will do anything i can to get in top of the result table.:lol

Wowbagger

Please ND, for the love of all that is good in the world, start banning cheaters! :(

28a5fk1.jpg

2d1qkuo.jpg

-viper-

Banned
AK is terrible for long range shooting.

Only use it for close to medium range.

FAL is good for long. Fairly rubbish at close.

M4 dominates all.

agaru

Wowbagger said:
Please ND, for the love of all that is good in the world, start banning cheaters! :(

28a5fk1.jpg

2d1qkuo.jpg
Hasn't this Fort glitch been fixed though a live patch or is this a new one? *sigh*

We were playing the other day in the Plaza map and the entire opposing team was deliberately gathering in this particular spot to perform a glitch and these guys weren't even buddies or playing together in a party. Pathetic.

Wowbagger

agaru said:
Hasn't this Fort glitch been fixed though a live patch or is this a new one? *sigh*

It's a new one. The screens are from a match played just a few hours ago. The second shot should give you an idea where they're standing.

agaru said:

We were playing the other day in the Plaza map and the entire opposing team was deliberately gathering in this particular spot to perform a glitch and these guys weren't even buddies or playing together in a party. Pathetic.

Yeah, just finished a game with this guy Brandog54 (or some number) on my team. I was running around playing normally but we were decimating the other team so I decided to watch the cinema to see if something was up. Sure enough, Brandog is glitching in The Lost City and sniping through all the geometry. At some point he died and then had to play the match normally and proved that he is absolutely atrocious at the actual game. Banning cheaters would be nice, but really the glitches just need to be fixed up.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
JustHadToJoin said:
What exactly is the point of those bade of honor boosters? All I see is a whole bunch of negatives and I know that cant be it.

You can look under medals to see specific ones related to using those. In the long run you will get more money using them.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
JustHadToJoin said:
What exactly is the point of those bade of honor boosters? All I see is a whole bunch of negatives and I know that cant be it.
They give out a ton of cash every time you get a related medal. Invalid (Half Health) for example gives you 25k every 5 kills, Half Loaded (Half Ammo Clips) gives you 12.5k every 5 kills, etc...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
JustHadToJoin said:
killthee i just saw you as I was scrolling through the leaderboards. your win loss ratio is ridiculously high! impressive man
:D

Snipes424 said:
If there is room in that Chat, Could I get invited to it? PSN: Snipes424
VsRobot said:
Might I also get the info on this chat room? My PSN is VsRobot. I'm a level 50 and I usually hold my own. Um, rawr?
DrPirate said:
Hey, if there's any space remaining in the chat room, may I please get an invite?

Thanks. I'm on quite often as of late.
I'll send you guys FR & invites to the chat room some time tomorrow.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Defuser said:
Dammit,although I like plunder but it can't be everyone playing plunder. I can't find anybody to play objective matches :(

I've been having issues finding matches tonight, might just be the matchmaking.

k0ji-wd

cgcg said:
How many servers are there?

Dunno how many there are, but when asked about the low player numbers displayed guys at ND said that the numbers are only indicative of the specific server you're connected to, and that there are multiple servers.

Irish

Can a person single-handedly ruin a game for another? Well, I didn't think so until I met gokkyun. After playing against her, my will to play U2 has pretty much left. Yes, she and her team of level X's did beat us, but that's not what bothered me. I mean, I'm that guy who's constantly complementing the other team for getting good kills/playing a decent, clean game. Our game against them started out badly with her whining incessantly in my ear because our team "blindfires like little bitches". Of course, every single one of them was using Down the Irons. Then when our team started talking back (which we rarely do), she has the gull to say, "They wouldn't act this way if I wasn't a girl." No, bitch, we wouldn't act this way if you hadn't started whining in the first place. After they left us (three games which we lost), I was still feeling pretty decent, but then I decided to check her stats page. (posted in her name) Her total playtime: 545 hours. That's fucking 22.7 days straight.

Anyway, I'll try to keep playing, but I'm really not feeling it anymore.

Irish said:
Can a person single-handedly ruin a game for another? Well, I didn't think so until I met gokkyun. After playing against her, my will to play U2 has pretty much left. Yes, she and her team of level X's did beat us, but that's not what bothered me. I mean, I'm that guy who's constantly complementing the other team for getting good kills/playing a decent, clean game. Our game against them started out badly with her whining incessantly in my ear because our team "blindfires like little bitches". Of course, every single one of them was using Down the Irons. Then when our team started talking back (which we rarely do), she has the gull to say, "They wouldn't act this way if I wasn't a girl." No, bitch, we wouldn't act this way if you hadn't started whining in the first place. After they left us (three games which we lost), I was still feeling pretty decent, but then I decided to check her stats page. (posted in her name) Her total playtime: 545 hours. That's fucking 22.7 days straight.

Fuck that Broken! Do not let one whinny bitch ruin the game for you. Seriously, I will be on tonight and I expect one of my favorite people to play with to be there! Fuck her little punk ass!

Finally got my wipe out medal. Maybe the fact that there were only three players in the opposing team helped me to a certain degree.

Irish said:

I don't get it. You're starting to lose interest in the game because... some random annoying bitch has a playtime of 545 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom