• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes424

VsRobot said:
So sick of idle players.

Yup, it seems like it's getting a lot worse lately. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to implement an idle timer to autokick people who are idle for too long, but maybe it is.

Kittonwy

Banned
GG tonight, so glad we managed to eek out that plunder match 4-3.
Indifferent2.gif

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Stats seem to be fixed and updating much faster now, but the date stamp seems off now. My last game was today around ~8 hours ago, but the stat page says the game ended 2 minutes from now :lol

20100108-1xk3hn357bj3rmahcen8imewy4.jpg

<3 you Arne, now give us some DLC info.

arne

Killthee said:
Stats seem to be fixed and updating much faster now, but the date stamp seems off now. My last game was today around ~8 hours ago, but the stat page says the game ended 2 minutes from now :lol

20100108-1xk3hn357bj3rmahcen8imewy4.jpg

<3 you Arne, now give us some DLC info.

I think all the times are either PST (where the server is) or GMT at the moment. I saw that earlier today.

Killthee

arne said:
I think all the times are either PST (where the server is) or GMT at the moment. I saw that earlier today.
That makes sense, guess its GMT atm. Thanks for clearing it up.

Finally! My matches ran perfectly tonight. And I'm becoming much, much better with the AK. Almost never use the shotgun anymore; the players much higher in rank get to it first to pad their rankings and k/d ratios.

I also performed my first taunt over a fallen enemy tonight. Some dude was camping near the shotgun spawn in Sanctuary, so I caught up to him nearby the Hammer spawn, kicked him off the ledge, then did some Sully-style fist pumps. :D God I can't wait to unlock the hip thrusts.

falastini

Just to reiterate how awesome this game is, I got my younger brother, who isn't a big gamer, to give U2 a try.

He struggled a bit with the controls at first , and I assumed he would be done with it soon, but he wanted to keep playing. The next day, when I came back from work, I was surprised to find out he already cleared through the Nepal stage. I even heard him mutter a few times how "it's like a movie".

I wish I showed it to him earlier, I think he's trying to get through it, but he leaves tomorrow.

ConradCervantes said:
Finally! My matches ran perfectly tonight. And I'm becoming much, much better with the AK. Almost never use the shotgun anymore; the players much higher in rank get to it first to pad their rankings and k/d ratios.

I also performed my first taunt over a fallen enemy tonight. Some dude was camping near the shotgun spawn in Sanctuary, so I caught up to him nearby the Hammer spawn, kicked him off the ledge, then did some Sully-style fist pumps. :D God I can't wait to unlock the hip thrusts.

unlocking taunts is my favorite part of multiplayer. Any and every time I get a stealth kill I taunt, whether I'll die in the process or not.

On a side note, I saw a a girl skin today with a yellow t shirt. who the hell is that?

Killthee

JustHadToJoin said:
unlocking taunts is my favorite part of multiplayer. Any and every time I get a stealth kill I taunt, whether I'll die in the process or not.

On a side note, I saw a a girl skin today with a yellow t shirt. who the hell is that?
Rika, from the Eye of Indra (Uncharted: Drake's Fortune prequel motion comic on the PS Store). The skin was supposed to be included in a Eye of Indra bundle in the US along with Pinkerton's skin (the bad guy from the comic; old guy with a pony tail) , but someone fucked up at SCEA. The Comic/Skin bundle is only available in the Euro stores, making the skin Euro exclusive at the moment.

Killthee said:
Rika, from the Eye of Indra (Uncharted: Drake's Fortune prequel motion comic on the PS Store). The skin was supposed to be included in a Eye of Indra bundle in the US along with Pinkerton's skin (the bad guy from the comic; old guy with a pony tail) , but someone fucked up at SCEA. The Comic/Skin bundle is only available in the Euro stores, making the skin Euro exclusive at the moment.
I'm still waiting :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I will be holding the premiere "Kill The Glitchfucks" meet tonight @ 730PM EST. I will show you how to do all of the usual glitches that sorry players use in competitive matches. You can then use your skills to kill any glitchers you may come across in competitive matches. You can find me in the uc2 gaf chat.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Finally finished this. I haven't read this thread much, but I REALLY disliked the final 15% of the game or so. The blue guardian kill rooms sucked the mood and the fun, while the final boss was terribad.

Absolutely gorgeous game though, as many wonderful setpiece moments as there were 'meh' stuff. Good, but not in my top 3 of the year.

Bebpo

Banned
After playing about 8 hours of online I think it's really good but I hate the skeletons. They seem super cheap. They're silent so you can't even hear them when they're 2 feet from you and they are hard to see as they blend in to the background. If you are a high level player and want to show that you are "the shit" screw the handicap boosters, just don't use a damn skeleton. Almost every player with a roman numeral I've played against (usually there's at least 1-3 per match) uses the skeleton skin.

Also man, the matchmaking can be so lol sometimes. I was in a party of only 3 people who were lvl.14ish. The matchmaking made the teams like this:

lvl.14 | lvl.V
lvl.14 | lvl.III
lvl.14 | lvl.II
lvl.30 | lvl.8
lvl.30 | lvl.8

So 5 mins into the match the scores looked like this

lvl.14 0 | lvl.V 10
lvl.14 0 | lvl.III 10
lvl.14 0 | lvl.II 10
lvl.30 0 | lvl.8 0
lvl.30 0 | lvl.8 0
total 0 | total 30

^^;

It seems like people in the roman numerals like to play in parties with 2-4 other roman numeral guys and when you get matched against them it's :lol

jett

D-Member
Bebpo said:
After playing about 8 hours of online I think it's really good but I hate the skeletons. They seem super cheap. They're silent so you can't even hear them when they're 2 feet from you and they are hard to see as they blend in to the background. If you are a high level player and want to show that you are "the shit" screw the handicap boosters, just don't use a damn skeleton. Almost every player with a roman numeral I've played against (usually there's at least 1-3 per match) uses the skeleton skin.

Also man, the matchmaking can be so lol sometimes. I was in a party of only 3 people who were lvl.14ish. The matchmaking made the teams like this:

lvl.14 | lvl.V
lvl.14 | lvl.III
lvl.14 | lvl.II
lvl.30 | lvl.8
lvl.30 | lvl.8

So 5 mins into the match the scores looked like this

lvl.14 0 | lvl.V 10
lvl.14 0 | lvl.III 10
lvl.14 0 | lvl.II 10
lvl.30 0 | lvl.8 0
lvl.30 0 | lvl.8 0
total 0 | total 30

^^;

It seems like people in the roman numerals like to play in parties with 2-4 other roman numeral guys and when you get matched against them it's :lol

If you want the hero skeleton only thing you need is a platinum trophy. I used it for a while, but it still makes noise while its walking. Besides, there's a booster that makes you 100% silent if you're into that sort of thing. :p

ZeroRay

Brandon F said:
Finally finished this. I haven't read this thread much, but I REALLY disliked the final 15% of the game or so. The blue guardian kill rooms sucked the mood and the fun, while the final boss was terribad.

Absolutely gorgeous game though, as many wonderful setpiece moments as there were 'meh' stuff. Good, but not in my top 3 of the year.

Didn't enjoy the last act of the game initially either but my Crushing run made me like the increased intensity, even if it wasn't well designed.

Irish

alr1ghtstart said:
I will be holding the premiere "Kill The Glitchfucks" meet tonight @ 730PM EST. I will show you how to do all of the usual glitches that sorry players use in competitive matches. You can then use your skills to kill any glitchers you may come across in competitive matches. You can find me in the uc2 gaf chat.

I'm down.

Kittonwy said:
We needz moar tauntz rawr.
angry.gif

Might a suggest a chest beating followed by a scream to the heavens?

grimmbomb

alr1ghtstart said:

Can I get an invite to this? Glitch snipers are killing my k/d score. :(

grimmbomb21

LogicStep

Just finished Uncharted yesterday and Uncharted 2 today, what an amazing experience. My god these games are amazing, so beautifully crafted, the story is awesome and it is delivered perfectly!

Uncharted 3 can't come soon enough!

Penguin

Played a little tonight with Y2Kev, Duckroll, Himuro and two more I think.

We didn't do so bad in plunder, but the 3 on 2 was sad, we should have won easily. :(

Penguin

Himuro said:
FORT SUCKS SHIT

THE GAME KICKED ME ad;lfkjas;df

Ahh we were wondering where you went.

Speaking to Kev.. like who's the teams.. then it shows up 3 on 2... and he's like Himuro left. I got kicked after Kev left. :(

duckroll

The server was being weird today. I'm not sure why people were getting kicked, otherwise we would have had a nice 3v3 deathmatch. -_-

I think we did pretty okay in Plunder considering the big level difference, and the fact that they clearly knew Fort way better than we did. Fort is an ASS map for Plunder anyway. Stupid maze of turd under the map.

Explain to me how the melee lag is acceptable in a competitive game? I've been killed so many times AFTER the guy has been long gone that it's laughable. It's not just melee, either.

Also, kicking people off of ledges is amazing. Is it more advantageous for the person trying to grab the other player from the ledge or for the player trying to kick him off? Seems like I've been grabbed from pretty far away, wheres in order to kick someone off you need to be closer.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Himuro said:
I'm so annoyed. How is a connection error the same thing as leaving the game?
They probably had to do it to prevent people from just unplugging the ethernet cable or switching the router off, when they want to quit. Such action would result in connection error as well.

Defuser

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
Also, kicking people off of ledges is amazing. Is it more advantageous for the person trying to grab the other player from the ledge or for the player trying to kick him off? Seems like I've been grabbed from pretty far away, wheres in order to kick someone off you need to be closer.
Pull down has more priority. So therefore pulldown is more advantageous.

Bebpo

Banned
The connection error thing is just another way that people get a worse experience for the sake of keeping the MP rankings/stats "pure".

Just like it's kind of lame how if you have more than 5 people you can't play against strangers because "oh no you might sabotage their game @_@" and if you play amongst yourself you can't get any money because "oh no players would just play against each other to boost their ranks @_@".

Fits in with the whole locking save files because "oh no someone might download a save file and use it to get a trophy @_@".

Downgrading the game experience for the sake of ultra-competitive people fml

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
GGs guys, we did awesome considering how much higher level (and how much better their boosters were) the other teams were in those plunder matches!

Himu, I think I'm better at going after the treasure instead of defending, but either way works for me. We need to be using mics, though. Do you guys not have them?

Also before I joined the party, I was in-game. I quit out of the match, and the game not only penalized for it (I went down like three levels and lost $20,000, holy shit!), but also made me wait 90 seconds. WHY? :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Bebpo said:
The connection error thing is just another way that people get a worse experience for the sake of keeping the MP rankings/stats "pure".

Just like it's kind of lame how if you have more than 5 people you can't play against strangers because "oh no you might sabotage their game @_@" and if you play amongst yourself you can't get any money because "oh no players would just play against each other to boost their ranks @_@".

Fits in with the whole locking save files because "oh no someone might download a save file and use it to get a trophy @_@".

Downgrading the game experience for the sake of ultra-competitive people fml

Yeah, I wish the game didn't punish you for connection errors too. If a guy is unplugging his router on a frequent basis to leave matches...then, well, he's wasting a ton of time to get back into the game anyway(which IIRC the game also makes you wait a little bit before you can play again, but people actually doing that would probably be able to jump back in).

Penguin

duckroll said:
The server was being weird today. I'm not sure why people were getting kicked, otherwise we would have had a nice 3v3 deathmatch. -_-

I think we did pretty okay in Plunder considering the big level difference, and the fact that they clearly knew Fort way better than we did. Fort is an ASS map for Plunder anyway. Stupid maze of turd under the map.

Oh that's the fort.
I played in it one night during the week, and I had the idol and for the life of me had no idea where to go with the thing until I finally realized the other team was camping up top so they could just toss the idol back down.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yeah, I played fort for the first time tonight. Very confusing layout at first. I scored once after I just happened to climb up to the goal area and someone through the treasure up there...the other team didn't know I was there and was freaking out. I was laughing my ass off. :lol

duckroll

What makes plunder more interesting than standard CTF is that I really enjoy how important teamwork is. It's not just about defending the guy carrying the idol and making a run for it. But instead tactically positioning ourselves apart in the map and just throwing and passing to team mates. It's a lot like football in that sense, except with guns instead of tackles. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
I think it's different than normal ctf because the maps are so small and the team sizes are fairly small too. In other games ctf is over a large sized map and the flag carrier usually runs at normal speed so it's easier for him to have a break away.

In here it's a constant battle between the two teams.

Penguin

The one thing I never noticed until played with you guys tonight is just how overused grenades are in this game, I mean the other team when we played Plunder in the Village or whatever, I would get surrounded by like 2-3 grenades whenever they were near.

And I can never aim the idol up, I tried once, and got like bombed with grenades, but it hit the under side of the roof and fell back down.

duckroll

Himuro said:
Can't you hold more grenades at higher levels in multi? Four grenades in sp is fine, but I can't be the only one who feels being able to hold more than one grenade in multi is ridiculous.

Sometimes it's not from one guy alone. Trust me, even OUR team has done the same thing. At least twice, I threw a grenade into a bunch of guys along with you and/or bebpo at the same time. It's just what happens when you play in a party on a team based mode, and you have 2-3 guys working together at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom