• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Penguin said:
And I can never aim the idol up, I tried once, and got like bombed with grenades, but it hit the under side of the roof and fell back down.
Do you have the motion sensor on for throws? After playing Drake's Fortune, I found it to be much easier to line a shot up when you have the motion sensor on compared to the default option. You just quickly line up the camera straight to where you wanna throw it and then slightly tilt the controller up till you get the perfect arc. Turn on the motion sensor and give it a try with the propane tanks in a solo custom game to see if it makes the throws any easier.
Himuro said:
Can't you hold more grenades at higher levels in multi? Four grenades in sp is fine, but I can't be the only one who feels being able to hold more than one grenade in multi is ridiculous.
Not unless you equip the Explosive Expert booster (unlocks at level 20, gives you an extra grenade slot).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Himuro said:
Can't you hold more grenades at higher levels in multi? Four grenades in sp is fine, but I can't be the only one who feels being able to hold more than one grenade in multi is ridiculous.

You can hold 2 by default, there's a booster around level 20ish that lets you hold a third. Which I do think is too much with how effective they are.

Irish

Great Fun tonight guys. I've also discovered that level 60s bitch more than any other level combined. They also do it so hilariously. For example, one guy who had DtI equipped and was continually chasing me with a shotgun (wasting clips at a time) kept calling me, "A run 'n gun bitch who can't aim worth a shit." We lost unfortunately, but that was due to our three teammates. (Me and Somnium were partied up and came across a party of three (51+) and a party of two (60). They were paired together and we ended up with three Green shields. :( ) Som and I almost beat them at that. Alone. (1 or 2 kills from our partners with 40 deaths spread between the three.)

I'd like to run into Duckroll/Himuro's crew with the U2 regulars so we could give you guys some tips. It sucks that you keep getting screwed over in matchmaking. :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Lyte Edge said:
Also before I joined the party, I was in-game. I quit out of the match, and the game not only penalized for it (I went down like three levels and lost $20,000, holy shit!), but also made me wait 90 seconds. WHY? :lol

To prevent people from doing just that. The game was rife with quitters before they implemented it. Every tried to play a 4v5 Plunder match...yeah, having only 4 players is a huge disadvantage. I know it sucks, but it's more fair for everyone that it's in. You're only penalized if you do it multiple times.

Solo

Brandon F said:
Finally finished this. I haven't read this thread much, but I REALLY disliked the final 15% of the game or so. The blue guardian kill rooms sucked the mood and the fun, while the final boss was terribad.

Absolutely gorgeous game though, as many wonderful setpiece moments as there were 'meh' stuff. Good, but not in my top 3 of the year.

That start AND the end arent that great, in my eyes. The 80% between them is great, but the beginning is painfully slow, and I thought the endgame was awful (something really odd about the giant roided out smurf guardians, and dueling Laserovic to death around the tree of life with giant balls of blue resin). Fantastic game overall, but certainly not game of the year or gen for me.

Gyrian

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:

Kick-off definitely has priority.

Just make sure you don't press the melee button too early.
You'll punch and whiff, making you the perfect pull down victim.

Great games last night!
Photos look awesome, joe. I want to re-visit that cinema and see what else may be lying in there, hehe.

hamchan

I finally tried doing co-op and it was really fun until one of my team mates went nuts, started RPGing me and the other dude and refused to stand on the red dot. I still haven't reached the end of a scenario :(

Massa

hamchan said:
I finally tried doing co-op and it was really fun until one of my team mates went nuts, started RPGing me and the other dude and refused to stand on the red dot. I still haven't reached the end of a scenario :(

Yeah, I've only tried to play coop a few times in the past week and this happened two or three times.

Wowbagger

duckroll said:
What makes plunder more interesting than standard CTF is that I really enjoy how important teamwork is. It's not just about defending the guy carrying the idol and making a run for it. But instead tactically positioning ourselves apart in the map and just throwing and passing to team mates. It's a lot like football in that sense, except with guns instead of tackles. :lol

Sadly, it is just about defending the guy carrying the idol and making a run for it, if he's using Treasure Bearer.

jett

D-Member
duckroll said:
The server was being weird today. I'm not sure why people were getting kicked, otherwise we would have had a nice 3v3 deathmatch. -_-

I think we did pretty okay in Plunder considering the big level difference, and the fact that they clearly knew Fort way better than we did. Fort is an ASS map for Plunder anyway. Stupid maze of turd under the map.

:lol You're such a noob. :p The Fort map is probably the simplest in the game along with Temple. And it has given me awesome plunder matches too.

Irish

JustHadToJoin said:
So... how do you guys pronounce Pistole?

Piss-toe-lay

Also, don't listen to W0Wbaggr's whining. He doesn't know which perk to complain about. He has some weird unbridled rage against Treasure Bearer when he should instead focus his hate against DtI. :p

Yeef

We had some nice GAF-only elimination matches last night. I still can't believe that I let CHRP kill me after hitting him with a hammer shot. Can't wait until I unlock Quick Hands so that sort of stuff doesn't happen.

Wowbagger said:
Sadly, it is just about defending the guy carrying the idol and making a run for it, if he's using Treasure Bearer.
Only on certain maps. A lot of the maps require you to toss the idol up onto a ledge or through a hole to get the quickest capture routes.

JustHadToJoin said:
So... how do you guys pronounce Pistole?
I've always pronounced it Pistolé (Pis-tohl-ay), but a quick google search seems to say that there's no actual gun called a Pistole. There's a kind of coin with the same spelling and that's pronounced Piss-Toll.

Levi

Banned
I did terribly in those GAF-only matches--especially the elimination games. :/ I was using SI / Keep Firing as well. As soon as we went back to match-making, I turned on Veiled and started performing decently again. My best round against Gaffers was a death match where I went 20-21 (and had like 5 double-downs). Once we went back to match-making, I had a positive K/D again, and picked up a bunch of Half-Blind medals.

Man, I thought I was okay at this game until I played against you guys. :O

andycapps

I finally finished the campaign last night and I'm happy I did. I have a bad problem with finishing games and this is one of few that I actually have. Most of the time that's due to final bosses in games being too hard, usually. Most people love a challenge, and I do too, but if it crosses to frustration for me then I typically go on to another game that doesn't frustrate me. Regardless, after I was able to beat the final boss, it was great and I'm looking forward to getting back to the online now and to the next game.

Irish

I was playing really bad last night as well. :(

I've never seen anything like the Pistole before, but I own one of these:

DSC00272.jpg

Uses .410 shotgun shells and .45 caliber bullets. (I know shit all about guns, but my Grandfather was on the Sheriff's Department here in Indianapolis. Let's just say I'm prepared to kill some fuckin' zombies.)

Why do you guys hate the fort?? Like, what exactly is so bad about it? I like it, especially cuz I like launching the grenades like footballs across the map and actually getting kills :D

and I say "Piss stole"

Yeef

You know how sometimes you'll connect to a party and immediately drop? A friend of mine wanted to do some co-op and we were having that issue, so we both tried plugging out PS3s directly to our modems rather than to a router and it fixed everything.

Irish

Fuck me. I just walked into my house to discover my little nephew (6) playing MP and getting his ass kicked, destroying my K/D. Don't know what the hell my brother was thinking. Luckily, I came in right before he entered his third match. 2-12, 2-9. Glad he wasn't playing a good team.

Not only that, he managed to ruin my crushing run. :(

Irish said:
Fuck me. I just walked into my house to discover my little nephew (6) playing MP and getting his ass kicked, destroying my K/D. Don't know what the hell my brother was thinking. Luckily, I came in right before he entered his third match. 2-12, 2-9. Glad he wasn't playing a good team.

wow blaming your k/d on your nephew now? thats a new low for you:lol

deepbrown

One reason why I don't prefer The Fort as much is in the map's spawning.

Each team starts on one end, but if you want to sit back on that end...the other team will often spawn right behind you when they die. I don't think this is right. I think they should spawn down below or somewhere else.

kikanny

Irish said:

Dude. Its just a game...

Penguin

Are folks really that big on K/D ratio?

I have friends who play Mw 2 who always complain when they have a bad game or don't at least break even. My thing is... especially with team games, who cares if you break even when you get the L anyhow!

I don't even know my K/D ratio in Uncharted, though assuming its probably just about even.

NeoUltima

Penguin said:
Are folks really that big on K/D ratio?

I have friends who play Mw 2 who always complain when they have a bad game or don't at least break even. My thing is... especially with team games, who cares if you break even when you get the L anyhow!

I don't even know my K/D ratio in Uncharted, though assuming its probably just about even.
I don't care about my KDR if my team wins the match...But if I lose and have a bad KDR I get angry :(...Of course the real reason I get angry is because I get angry. I'm only slightly angry about the bad KDR but I see myself getting angry at that so I get really angry at myself for getting angry over something so stupid and pointless(I mean, who the hell really looks at or even cares what your KDR is?).

-viper-

Banned
NeoUltima said:
I don't care about my KDR if my team wins the match...But if I lose and have a bad KDR I get angry :(...Of course the real reason I get angry is because I get angry. I'm only slightly angry about the bad KDR but I see myself getting angry at that so I get really angry at myself for getting angry over something so stupid and pointless(I mean, who the hell really looks at or even cares what your KDR is?).
OH NOEZ K/D RATIO. A MEANINGLESS STATISTIC THAT HOLDS NO BEARING.

Irish

Hey, it's the only time I've ever been positive. I have inner rage and the only time it gets to come out is when I type. Kinda like how Kittonwy has an inner cat that he only releases with the written word. Would you guys prefer if I screamed and shit when playing with me? (The main reason I'm angry is that even though my nephew is a good kid, when he dies in a game he goes crazy and starts breaking stuff, like his father. So, that leaves me with important broken stuff in my house. Can I at least rage where there's noone to get hurt, physically or emotionally?)

Irish said:
Hey, it's the only time I've ever been positive. I have inner rage and the only time it gets to come out is when I type. Kinda like how Kittonwy has an inner cat that he only releases with the written word. Would you guys prefer if I screamed and shit when playing with me? (The main reason I'm angry is that even though my nephew is a good kid, when he dies in a game he goes crazy and starts breaking stuff, like his father. So, that leaves me with important broken stuff in my house. Can I at least rage where there's noone to get hurt, physically or emotionally?)

Dude, I would be pissed too! Seriously, who let him on it?

So, my friend came today and we played his Playstation 2. Good stuff, like RE4, DMC3,
Final Fantasy XII
. I truly expected it to look much worst on my LCD (and we used composite cables as well :lol), but it looked... playable. :lol

And then, after 3-4 hours of PS2, I booted up PS3 and started Uncharted 2.

My brain was completely overwhelmed by graphics that were... several light years ahead of what we played. :lol

I don't think I ever experienced such a gfx leap in such a short time. :lol

My friend was like... "Is that ingame?" Then he took the controller. :lol

So, I was playing some fun Deathmatches last night, playing in the Plaza, and I happened to discover the perch hanging on the center tower (the one with the hole inside where the Shotgun usually is)

All the hours I've been playing it since the early beta days, I never saw it. My mind was blown:lol

It's seriously a lot of fun finding new hiding places, perches, hidden areas in the game. So satisfying.

Rikyfree

I only care about winning when I play games with gaffers, otherwise if I am playing with randoms I won't care as long as I get my 50k.

JambiBum

So I'd like to get in on the GAF UC2 action. My friends list on PS3 is seriously lacking in GAF people. So if some of you would add me that would be great. Tag is JambiBum.

Irish

I was playing against a guy with Launch Man last night who would pick up the hammer and then shimmy his way to that balcony and rain death from above. It was rather annoying.

Yeef

Choppasmith said:
So, I was playing some fun Deathmatches last night, playing in the Plaza, and I happened to discover the perch hanging on the center tower (the one with the hole inside where the Shotgun usually is)

All the hours I've been playing it since the early beta days, I never saw it. My mind was blown:lol

It's seriously a lot of fun finding new hiding places, perches, hidden areas in the game. So satisfying.
That perch would be much better if the back wasn't open. It makes you vulnerable from nearly the entire map.

I still don't know how to get up on that statue in temple even though I see people up there all the time.

Rikyfree

Yeef said:
That perch would be much better if the back wasn't open. It makes you vulnerable from nearly the entire map.

I still don't know how to get up on that statue in temple even though I see people up there all the time.
To get up there you have to be cool. Sorry, bro. It was just never meant to be. :D :lol

Jaroof

Has anyone ever been downed in coop, only to be revived by getting hit by a rocket?
Because that just happened to me :lol

I was on the verge of dying, and my partner had no way to get to me. All of a sudden, an enemy's rocket comes and hits me dead-on. Instead of dying, I was knocked down as if I got stunned by the explosion. Then I was able to move again and continue a-killin'.
It was really weird but made me laugh.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
depward said:
What's the best game mode to earn XP? I'm finding leveling to be slooooow going...
Easiest mode with a good team is Co-Op Arena on Plaza or Lost City. With a good team you can finish a game under 15 minutes and make at least 30k. Focus on getting the treasure delivered quickly and on getting as many medals & treasures as possible,.

Easiest mode playing solo is Plunder just because the game's usually last longer than any of the other modes. Make sure you get Triple Threat in every game (3k) and use deposit if you've unlocked it.

Levi

Banned
Irish said:

Oh, man, that sucks. I'd hate if someone played as me- even f they did well. I'm a big fan of the stat-tracking, and it's a source of pride that I've managed to get my k/d from well under 1.0 to just over (at least on the in-game leaderboards.) I'd lose my mind if someone wrecked that for me.

ili0926

Just beat Lazarevic on hard.

I played through Uncharted and Uncharted 2 this past week - took advantage of a nice boxing day deal to snag Uncharted to for 45 CAD.

All I can say is...wow. What a terrific series. The very first time I tried Uncharted a couple years back, I really wasn't feeling it. Love the script, and aside from the last couple chapters of Drake's Fortune, this game was pretty much all I could ever ask for.

I found Lazarevic pretty tough and it was immensely rewarding to finally beat him after like the 25th try...the first time I've found anything this difficult in a game in a long time. I know some found him easy but...if I ever have to go through that again...fuck. (I probably will when I replay both on crushing during reading week or something).

All in all, a terrific week of gaming and I can't wait to play some coop!

Irish said:

Make your account harder to access. Nobody but you or or trusted ones that can log on to your account = win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom