• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony would be smart to prepare a TV spot listing the gauntlet of awards they just ran. They won't do it, but it would be the smart thing to do.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Did you guys not see that when it posted all over this thread around Christmas? They added "IGN's game of the year" but didn't actually make that video.

So when are all the out of bounds glitches going to be fixed? And is there a point to me saving replays of glitchers, I'm starting to run out of room.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Papercuts said:
Did you guys not see that when it posted all over this thread around Christmas? They added "IGN's game of the year" but didn't actually make that video.
"Kill them all on Christmas" is much better.

arne

templeusox said:
Sony would be smart to prepare a TV spot listing the gauntlet of awards they just ran. They won't do it, but it would be the smart thing to do.

Why wouldn't we do it? We are sometimes... rarely... smart, after all.

FtRapture

Neo Member
Great game and all but now that it is over I don't have the urge to play multi-player or replay the game, anyone else find that once the story is gone the game has no re-play value?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
FtRapture said:
Great game and all but now that it is over I don't have the urge to play multi-player or replay the game, anyone else find that once the story is gone the game has no re-play value?

uh, what? Try the multiplayer.

4258362878_9568b8a4a7_o.jpg

KZObsessed

templeusox said:

Already did it in England with the review scores. Wouldn't be surprised if they did it for the GOTY awards. Would make sense.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
FtRapture said:
Wait, really? Did you just list the factors that make up the replay factor of the game, and then said that it has no replay value?

The multiplayer and Crushing modes are there for the replay factor. If you don't want them, it's your problem, not the game's.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
a 1
4liyw4.jpg

a 2
r79ob8.jpg

a 3
1t1y1k.jpg

Fort may not be the best map, but it so good for pulldowns. :D

I had a nice double BBQ before, but it was stolen by a random grenade. :(

alr1ghtstart said:
a 1
[IMsdfG]http://i47.tinypsdfljic.com/4liyw4.jpg[/IMfsdfG]
a 2
[IMGsdf]http://i48.tinypic.comjkfaslfjd/r79ob8.jpg[/IMfdsfG]
a 3
[IMfdsG]http://i45.tinysfjlapic.com/1t1y1k.jpg[/IsdfMG]

Fort may not be the best map, but it so good for pulldowns. :D

I got 6 pulldowns on the center pillar a week or two ago. So good.

Darkatomz

Kittonwy said:
Awesome games tonight, wanted to win against those high-level guys so badly.
Indifferent2.gif
Yeah those were probably the 2 best games I've played, even if we did lose them both (the first badly...).

Gotta work on better team strategies.

Levi

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
Sorry about that. Saw your Propane tank explode right after I threw my grenade. I got a nice double down but at the expense of what would have been an epic kill by you. :(

Had some epic kills of my own tonight--including a tripled that was all done close quarters with the Micro and a really nice death from above d'eagle kill I got blind firing while jumping done from a sniper position on top of some dude's head.

Dementia

Kittonwy said:
Awesome games tonight, wanted to win against those high-level guys so badly.
Indifferent2.gif
Same. I think that first match caught us all by surprise, but on the second map we put up a good fight. It would have been so satisfying to beat them, especially after overhearing one of their guys suggest giving us a head start. Those were fun games though, and showed how effective good teamwork could be.

Darkatomz

Here were the games, hope you guys don't mind. Let me know if I should take them down.

Plunder on Village
Game1.png

Score: 4-5, L (10min)
Kills: 58-96
Deaths: 100-59

Plunder on Train Wreck
Game2.png

Score: 3-4, L (full 20min)
Kills: 155-180
Deaths: 182-155

Yeah, prOWNED is good. He went on a couple 10-streaks between the two games, and some triples.

So my DTI experiment is over. After a while of using it, it seemed like it didn't help too much, although every now and then I'd get some ridiculous long-range AK kill. Switched back to Point and Shoot and loving every moment of it. Went 27-8 on Temple a couple nights back, one of my best matches yet. :D

master15

Dementia said:
Same. I think that first match caught us all by surprise, but on the second map we put up a good fight. It would have been so satisfying to beat them, especially after overhearing one of their guys suggest giving us a head start. Those were fun games though, and showed how effective good teamwork could be.

Yeah I think someone made the comment midway through 2nd game, throwing the idol across the map was the only way we were going to get close to those guys as anytime you tried making a run for it, they would be mowing you down.

The odd thing is I didn't hear a lot of chat from that group, regarding tactics, they seemed equally spread across the map and often went hunting in packs. We were forming a really good comeback until they snatched that final idol, still really good competitive game.

Last night had a blast with GAF crew, hoping for more tonight.

Gyrian

We had some great games last night, my only regret is that we didn't get everyone together towards the end of the night for a second round of all-GAF matches. :eek:

My U2 Karma must've bounced back, with a couple of games where I out-CHRP'd CHRP, and a delicious connect four in the underground portion of sanctuary. Come to think of it, I'd better find and protect that file, there ought to be some amazing fireworks in that moment.

I'm really digging this no-booster run.
It's all in the mind effect, it's making me play more carefully and quit jumping into the meat grinder every time.
Some boosters can get you into bad habits, too. I'd lost the sense of occasion for reloading my long guns, since I spent game after game with Rapid Hands enabled.

U2 is making me neglect my entire backlog. I'm aware, and I don't care, haha.

KZObsessed

Firestorm said:
3/4 of them have a PSN username in their profile and nothing else.
just sayin'

The video is funny because of how lame it is. And it's even funnier that IGN would use it for their official GOTY award.

But yeah PSN id, hur hur. Actually it's funny that you checked :lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anyone want to do a quick runthrough of a co-op game with me? I go back to college on Saturday and PSN doesn't work there so I haven't been able to do any co-op. I'm online now for a bit.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
OMG @ IGN's GotY video. I know the world is a big and random place, but I never, NEVER thought I would see the day when Amy Hennig was given a shout-out in the outtro of a hip-hop video.

-viper-

Banned
GDJustin said:
OMG @ IGN's GotY video. I know the world is a big and random place, but I never, NEVER thought I would see the day when Amy Hennig was given a shout-out in the outtro of a hip-hop video.
The song is stuck in my head. This is all I'm hearing:

imma kill em all, imma kill em all, immma kill em all, game of the year, game of the year, game of the year year year.

Yeef

jett said:
What is the point of the ranked playlist anyway?
To make the teams more balanced. It works fairly well when parties aren't involved. If I'm not playing with GAF I usually will do ranked.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dementia said:

I ended up using my AK towards the end of the second game, going naked with the pistol didn't work out very well.
Indifferent2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom