• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

Just played a game against two glitchers (truehorizon and Smoove187).

Is Naughty Dog doing anything about these people?

Irish

I hope some of you guys will be on tonight. After a week without U2, I'm so ready to play and get owned. Unfortunately, weekends are kinda hit or miss in regards to people actually playing, so I'm counting on you people being there.

Irish said:
I hope some of you guys will be on tonight. After a week without U2, I'm so ready to play and get owned. Unfortunately, weekends are kinda hit or miss in regards to people actually playing, so I'm counting on you people being there.

If anything there will be too many people, im willing to bet.

Irish

Weekends could go either way. Sometimes there's enough people for four full parties, while other weekends you can only scrounge together three people.

Massa said:
Just played a game against two glitchers (truehorizon and Smoove187).

Is Naughty Dog doing anything about these people?

Ya what's the deal. I have some saved cinemas of people glitching when I should be saving worthwhile replays instead.

kikanny

Violater said:
The online for this game is the dumbest thing ever.
The shooting sucked in the beta and it sucks now.
I don't know what you're talking about. This is the only online game that I've actually stuck with! Well, different strokes for different folks I guess.

Violater

kikanny said:
I don't know what you're talking about. This is the only online game that
I've actually stuck with! Well, different strokes for different folks I guess.
Indeed as for me the shooting is garbage.
Takes a whole clip or more to take someone down, then they just flip a grenade and the autoaim does the rest.

Rikyfree

Violater said:
Takes a whole clip or more to take someone down, then they just flip a grenade and the autoaim does the rest.
Ummmm yeah, if it takes that much for you, your aim sucks.

hamchan

I'm playing this again on crushing and as I'm watching the cutscenes I realize Nathan Drake is really bossy and acts like everything he does is always right, which actually kinda annoyed me and made him seem like a bit of an asshole to me. Plus he always seems to make a quip at every possible moment, the dude needs to hold back a bit.

I still like the guy but I wouldn't be surprised if Elena broke up with him again in Uncharted 3 :lol

I'm down for some games tomorrow, hopefully you guys will make room for me :D

I know football is on but lets squeeze in some U2. Is Crushdance unbanned yet?

I'm just curious about higher levels in MP. I noticed a lot of them have at least one of those Medal of Honor handicaps. Are you actually forced to take one of those, or are there people out there who just like showing off that much?

Kittonwy

Banned
Violater said:
The online for this game is the dumbest thing ever.
The shooting sucked in the beta and it sucks now.

Ur wrong.
Indifferent2.gif

Yeef

Choppasmith said:
I'm just curious about higher levels in MP. I noticed a lot of them have at least one of those Medal of Honor handicaps. Are you actually forced to take one of those, or are there people out there who just like showing off that much?
They're all tied to medals that give you lots of cash. It takes A LOT of money to level after 50 (to get to level 60 it takes $60mil total), so you pretty much have to use the negative boosters if you want any chance at getting to 60 in a relatively timely manner.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Played tonight and damn we were on, didn't lose a game. Got a ton of trash talkers on our own team who team killed us on purpose. Next round they were on the other team and we just destroyed. KD is up to 3.10:D

Irish

I've played against you dozens of times without realizing you were a GAFfer.

Anyway, I can't believe we did so well tonight.

HYDE

Banned
Violater said:

the shooting is 3rd person perfect.
your aim just sucks, and you need to practice.
skills for kills.

Violater

Rikyfree said:
Ummmm yeah, if it takes that much for you, your aim sucks.

Was going through my library of games.
Played Socom right after, much better third person aiming/shooting.
Take note I didn't say U2 sucks, I just dislike the MP shooting very very much.
As for people saying skilss yadda yadda, I get my kills prob more than a lot of you.

Violater

Choke on the Magic said:
So although I've beaten UC2 I haven't played mp. Am I screwed as far as being able to jump in without gettin owned too bad?

If there is a proper matchmaking sys, you shouldn't be.
I just went 29-7

Choke on the Magic said:
So although I've beaten UC2 I haven't played mp. Am I screwed as far as being able to jump in without gettin owned too bad?

It's easy to get in, especially if you have some experience in singleplayer on higher difficulty levels.

Wowbagger

hamchan said:
Wow really? I thought he was pretty easy. I'm not looking forward to Lazarevic though, he gave me problems on hard.

I had a hell of a time trying to get the timing right for the melee counters.

Defeating Lazarevic is just a matter of finding a good route around the level, then keep running and only turn to shoot sap when at full health. You probably already have a good route memorized from your hard playthrough, so crushing should be a piece of cake. Sure, Lazarevic can kill you a bit faster, but he'll never have the chance to finish you off as long as you keep running when hurt. I defeated him much faster on crushing than hard.

crispyben

Wow, just had two my best games to get to rank 34 :D GAFers who played with me know I'm usually around 0.3 and 0.8 max, but I just went 18-14 on The Temple, leading my team to victory against better-ranked players! And then another game where I got medals I never got before like Streak or Head Hunter :lol I love this game, even though I played against some dumb, foul-mouthed French people yesterday who I shouldn't have talked back to...

crispyben

Defuser said:
I'm getting tired of my character freeze/lag on me during matches but I managed to hold it well against the odds. Jeebus
Yeah, we had one game where we did good, we definitely were at a disadvantage! Finally a GAFer on the same rank as me :D

Irish

crispyben said:
Wow, just had two my best games to get to rank 34 :D GAFers who played with me know I'm usually around 0.3 and 0.8 max, but I just went 18-14 on The Temple, leading my team to victory against better-ranked players! And then another game where I got medals I never got before like Streak or Head Hunter :lol I love this game, even though I played against some dumb, foul-mouthed French people yesterday who I shouldn't have talked back to...

For some people (me included), it's a ton harder to do well with a full party because everyone else on the team can actually kill the enemy. This means there are less enemies alive at any given moment, seriously ruining your possible kill count. Each individuals' performance suffers, but the team as a whole does better.

Rikyfree

Violater said:
Was going through my library of games.
Played Socom right after, much better third person aiming/shooting.
Take note I didn't say U2 sucks, I just dislike the MP shooting very very much.
As for people saying skilss yadda yadda, I get my kills prob more than a lot of you.
Looking at your stats page now. I think you need a little more time on the mp. It says you are only level 18 with just a little bit better than average amount of wins. Just think about taking a little more time on this.

HYDE

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
+Respect for that saying.
Played Crackdown I'm assuming.

You've assumed correctly.
And you have an excellent taste for awesome games agent.

edit:mad:violater: ak is a lot better with the (down the irons) booster. However, the M4 is best.
you can expect to enjoy the game more once you rank up (buy boosters).

HYDE

Banned
God's Beard said:
If I don't like Tomb Raider or Gears, will I like this game? I just bought a PS3.

Do you like awesome, then yes. (serious note, what didn't you like about gears, because the combat is way better than Tomb Raider)
You need to play Uncharted 1 first(not necessarily, but 2 will spoil you), to be able to enjoy it(not necessarily either, 'cause it's awesome). If you play 2 first then go back to 1, it might ruin it for you or feel kind of archaic. They are both incruking fedible, so go buy both and play through(first one is greatest hits now). Best series on PS3 imo.

Yeef

God's Beard said:
If I don't like Tomb Raider or Gears, will I like this game? I just bought a PS3.
It's only like Tomb Raider thematically, not in any real way that affects the gameplay mechanics. The shooting is similar to Gears of War, but feels way better to me (Didn't really care for Gears but I loved both Uncharted games).

Where Uncharted excels the most over any other game is pacing and presentation. The characters are all well-written and likable and the locations and set pieces are varied and spread out pretty evenly to the point where it's hard to ever find a good place to stop playing. If any of that matters to you then you'd probably like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom