• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Finally found the will to get those 25 or so treasures that were missing and the GAU-19 trophy today.

And, as I foresaw, I now have the UC2 Platinum, but not the UC1 one. :)

Darkatomz

VsRobot said:
Getting past all this nonsense about who is and isn't a junior (and for the record my GAF account is two years older than KTs :p ), something I've been thinking about is how our crew can get even better. Our losses when we have 5 GAFfers in Plunder are rare, but they do happen when they shouldn't. The things we need to improve on as a group are obvious, so please don't take this as me dictating to players who are considerably more skilled than I am.

One of the things we need to improve on is tactics and communication. When we get in those close, heated games, we'll get in a mode where either everyone is rushing the treasure, leaving us open to giving away easy Doubles and Triples to our opponents, or we'll all try to flank and engage the enemy 1 on 1, and our opponents will get an easy score when their Treasure Bearer is able to rush their capture box while we're all occupied killing his team mates. In those situations, only the Bearer is worth our attention.

In my opinion it would help us as a group if before the match we decide who the Bearers are going to be (and they should have Treasure Bearer equipped) and who is going to give them cover. We should know what route our Bearers are going to take so we can offer them cover and flank the enemies. When we're going up against another party of five it would be helpful if we changed our Boosters accordingly. I love Invalid, but it's not appropriate for every match-up.

What do you guys think? I know a lot of you probably are a lot better at this kind of pre-game planning than I am, so share your wisdom please.

Agreed man. I would say having 2 dedicated killers (one in front and behind the carrier), with the other three tossing it to each other and covering when needed. Then there's weapon strategies and all that good stuff that would need to be worked out depending on the map played.

VsRobot said:
Of course, don't think any team has ever beaten us twice in a row (at least not while I've been on). Had a match where we lost 5-4 and then came back in the next match to win 5-0 and have the other party immediately back out. :D
You WERE playing with us those two games we lost back to back VS. Here it is. If we had a game plan going into the games we played, we'd have stood a better chance.

Darkatomz said:
Plunder on Village
Game1.png

Score: 4-5, L (10min)
Kills: 58-96
Deaths: 100-59

Plunder on Train Wreck
Game2.png

Score: 3-4, L (full 20min)
Kills: 155-180
Deaths: 182-155

So I played my first game of multiplayer today, having got the game on release day. I got my ass handed to me. Opponents feel like bullet sponges who only need a few bullets to finish me. Generally not bad at multiplayer games but this one makes me feel terrible.

Razor210

frailimbnursry said:
So I played my first game of multiplayer today, having got the game on release day. I got my ass handed to me. Opponents feel like bullet sponges who only need a few bullets to finish me. Generally not bad at multiplayer games but this one makes me feel terrible.
You start having fun when you get Down the Irons.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Razor210 said:

you start ruining the fun when you play with DTI. Nothing irritates me more than seeing level 50+ guys with DTI and Fleet Foot on. Such bullshit boosters.

Shai-Tan

Banned
pedr0theli0n said:
is it worth playing the original for the story? or should I just go straight into Uncharted 2?

I think so. The gameplay in the first game can be frustrating in some respects but the sense of exploration is better than the second, in my opinion. The story in the second game is also a little too high paced to get to know the characters. The gameplay in the second game is a lot better than the first (except for the platforming which is maybe dumbed down a little too much to the point it's almost impossible to die jumping or climbing)

GGs tonight guys. The night got off to a bad start with a combination of, lag, and bad spawns. Good god i hate plunder now >=( Made a comeback though. Pretty much went undefeated the rest of the night.:D

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
alr1ghtstart said:
you start ruining the fun when you play with DTI. Nothing irritates me more than seeing level 50+ guys with DTI and Fleet Foot on. Such bullshit boosters.
I fucking agree. And the worst part is that the players who have them equipped always talk the most shit.

I had equipped Invalid (which is pretty awesome by the way) and it's funny how every high level player would always try and target me. It feels so good when you get more than 10 kills with that booster equipped and you get a shitload of cash too.

And it's ridiculous that other players will mention that you're camping just because you're taking cover. :lol Apparently the majority just run and gun because that's the only way to play to them. Just ugh. There's a lot of things I really dislike about deathmatch games...mainly the top leveled players.

That said, I still think they should disable boosters.

Rikyfree

Razor210 said:
And if you have real actual talent, you don't need to use it as a crutch like pretty much everyone that does. Invalid reveals real skill.

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:

When I took DTI off I think it was when I finally got better, people rely on DTI too much.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Somnium986 said:
GGs tonight guys. The night got off to a bad start with a combination of, lag, and bad spawns. Good god i hate plunder now >=( Made a comeback though. Pretty much went undefeated the rest of the night.:D

GG tonight, too bad I joined so late.
Indifferent2.gif

Somnium986 said:
:D
I'll try to play later tonight. Trying to take care of my backlog a little first :/
Gyrian said:
Where have you been? Still on your U2 sabbatical?
It's time, agaru. :D

vs, agreed. Sometimes, our lack of team tactics hurts us to the point of an occasional loss to a really annoying team. We can be especially bad at organized recovery when the others are running treasure bearer.

I'll be around tonight, if we decide to try something new or wing it as we often do. :)
Jeramii said:
i'm a junior, and i've been playing team gaf for ages. love you kilgore. <3
I said I wouldn't...but, I just had too seeing that you guys are all here now. GL, HF, stay outta trouble. I'll be on tomorrow night when my work week ends, been really busy last 3 weeks.

Yay Crush is back!
CrushDance said:
I said I wouldn't...but, I just had too seeing that you guys are all here now. GL, HF, stay outta trouble. I'll be on tomorrow night when my work week ends, been really busy last 3 weeks.
Well Ryanardo is still waiting.:lol

ClearCELL

Banned
CrushDance said:
Great, love playing with you man.

Jeramii

Banned
agaru said:
Welcome to NeoGAF. :D
thanks agaru. you the man!

CrushDance said:

crush. love you man... if i can afford some free time tomorrow night, i'll try and get online for a little. school has been a real pain in the ass for me. this isn't going to be a very easy term.

Shai-Tan said:
I think so. The gameplay in the first game can be frustrating in some respects but the sense of exploration is better than the second, in my opinion. The story in the second game is also a little too high paced to get to know the characters. The gameplay in the second game is a lot better than the first (except for the platforming which is maybe dumbed down a little too much to the point it's almost impossible to die jumping or climbing)
If the third Uncharted have you exploring a whole island/range of places instead of having a single spot for a certain place I will be happy.

Exploring a whole mountain, hawaii, or something then you switch country/island.

Looks like we've got some awesome stuff coming for Multiplayer.

January 28
Demo (free)
Additional content pack 1 (free)
- Multiplayer Skins from Resistance 2, Infamous, and Killzone 2 characters

February 25
Additional content pack 2 (price TBA)
- Two Multiplayer maps, one from Uncharted 1’s ruins
- Multiplayer skins from Uncharted

April 15
Additional content pack 3 (price TBA)
- Multiplayer cooperative mode
- Four multiplayer maps
- Five multiplayer skins

Source.

I am greatly pleased.

hamchan

Galvanise_ said:

January 28
Demo (free)

February 25

April 15
- Four multiplayer maps
- Five multiplayer skins

Source.

I am greatly pleased.

Naughty Dog's support is fantastic. I might jump back in to multiplayer because of this.

CozMick

Banned
Wow, that's fantastic news,

Got to give a lot of love towards ND, they have done a superb job.

Although, Is it me or are those screenshots a mock-up or legit? seem fake to me.

Galvanise_ said:

January 28
Demo (free)
Dear lord this can't be real.:lol
February 25

April 15
- Four multiplayer maps
- Five multiplayer skins

Source.

I am greatly pleased.
bout time for those DF MP skins. the five extra must have reika and the old guy. Shambala rainy map with blue lighting plz.:D
arne can you confirm this?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
edit: beaten :(

Nice pics!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!

Thats it! im gonna buy this game again. (Stupid broken Bluray Disc)

I call dibs on the Chimera!

Negaiido

Why are most of you not European -.-
It seems that when I leave the fun starts ... and I play untill 3 AM which is late for a normal school/work week.
When do the most Americans play online?

CozMick

Banned
Milk Lizard said:
Please God naughty dog dont country lock this like you did with the other dlc costumes, I want to be able to play this with my uk bought game. :(

Wait! What?!?

Is this dlc for Japan only?

Lince

Banned
KZ2 :O
Infamous :O
new co-op maps :O (April 15 is so far away though...)

I really hope one of the new maps would be based on a KZ2 map, say, Salamun Market :O

Lince

Banned
Milk Lizard said:
No dont think so ? But i bought my game in the UK and cant use dlc on my danish ps3 (the psn store however allowed me to buy it and take my money).

use a fake UK account and tell your bank about the fake address you're using with your credit card so the payments go through. I had to do that for my Visa and Mastercard to work with both the UK and USA stores. Weird that I can buy anything anywhere in the world with my CCs but nothing off foreign PSN stores unless I cheat, way to go Sony.

Although it feels a bit weird with Cole/Helghast/Chimera in my Uncharted, it is great to see that Naughty Dog continues to support the game! And this new co-op mode will be interesting!

Garjon

darkwing said:
is it just me or the Helghan one looks fake , in fact it seems to me the characters were just pasted :(

I kinda agree, the lighting on the KZ2 characters looks out of place. Still, I really hope this is real. Wonder what the new co-op mode could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom