• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
The "chirp" killing sound also shows up after the guy is already dead, causing me to waste bullets but more importantly time. :p It should sound off immediately as the guy dies. I can see the model begin its death animation before the chirp, but I can't reach quick enough without the sound feedback. :p

ClearCELL

Banned
jett said:
The "chirp" killing sound also shows up after the guy is already dead, causing me to waste bullets but more importantly time. :p It should sound off immediately as the guy dies. I can see the model begin its death animation before the chirp, but I can't reach quick enough without the sound feedback. :p
Also, headshots don't register correctly. I could shoot a Desert Eagle at a idle player in the head and it comes up as a regular kill.

CozMick

Banned
ClearCELL said:
I love it when people melee when their 10 feet away :|

That ain't the game as such, it's either yours or the other guys connection.

Am I right in thinking that this game has client side hit detection?

arne

Just posted about this on twitter, but I'd be weary of not having the full picture/inaccurate info from this news coming out of Japan. We're not too far from talking about it more, just don't go all crazy (it doesn't seem like everybody is... yet).

CozMick

Banned
arne said:
Just posted about this on twitter, but I'd be weary of not having the full picture/inaccurate info from this news coming out of Japan. We're not too far from talking about it more, just don't go all crazy (it doesn't seem like everybody is... yet).

Ok, I'm now ready for some disappointing news.

jett

D-Member
ClearCELL said:
Also, headshots don't register correctly. I could shoot a Desert Eagle at a idle player in the head and it comes up as a regular kill.

In one of the uh "training games" we had I tested a bunch of guns on several heads. :p Headshot kills just don't exist in the same way they do in other games.

arne said:

Uhhhh

arne said:

Today?

arne said:
Arne, is the gold box coming to NA as well?

Rikyfree

Hopefully something is talked about soon. I wantz da Killzone 2 skins and infamous ones too!! I just noticed something about a couple of the models in the pics. They appear to have holsters on their legs for pistols, like the Cole model. Also in regards to that particular model, he appears to be of higher detail and poly count than the one found in Infamous. I am beginning to really think these models are real. Hell even the Chimera has a holster on it's leg that looks legit.

What a morning! We've read some inaccurate news regarding our DLC making the rounds. More - and accurate - info coming soon, stay tuned!

Inaccurate as in "We are in fact NOT charging for the two latter content packs"? :D

Wouldn't matter to me. With the amount of content described, it's worth the purchase.

What a morning! We've read some inaccurate news regarding our DLC making the rounds. More - and accurate - info coming soon, stay tuned!
Knew some of the stuff looked kinda fishy... but as long as we get the DF skins, and reasonably priced / free maps then it's all good.

highluxury said:
Jeramii! Somnium!

You finally landed in GAF, good to see ya again :D

Saw the new DLC news, looking tasty! Dibs on the chimera if true.
Hi luxury! Haven't played U2 with you in ages. :( I really want this DLC to be true.

Irish

I'm back! So, I expect to see you losers playing tonight. :p

- Two Multiplayer maps, one from Uncharted 1’s ruins
- Four multiplayer maps

ENDLESS MAPS BABY!!! I expect every one of you guys to grab these maps so our GAF Elim matches can last for hours on end.

- Multiplayer cooperative mode

2 vs. 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 ??

If so, I call CHRP, Ryan, and Somnium. No offense to everyone else, but I think we all know why I called dibs on CHRP & Ryan. The reasoning behind Som is a little different though. (I'd rather keep the Micro masters together so we can share ammo. :p)

arne

Blu_LED said:
Is there any reason why I still can't log into ND.com? I log in, and it immediately kicks me back to the homepage.

PM me your PSN id and an exact time (and time zone) you attempted the log in and I'll scour through our logs to see what's going on.

I really need to get back into the multiplayer... but everyone in my list (including all of my personal friends, the people I love playing and voicechatting with the most) is playing MW2 non-stop. It's so annoying, as I don't think that game's anything special.

Also, I'd really like to see a variation on the Elimination mode, in which players can be 'downed' before dying, so teammates can revive their buddies and give them a second chance. Pretty much the same as the Execution mode in Gears of War actually.

Irish said:
I'm back! So, I expect to see you losers playing tonight. :p

ENDLESS MAPS BABY!!! I expect every one of you guys to grab these maps so our GAF Elim matches can last for hours on end.

2 vs. 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 ??

If so, I call CHRP, Ryan, and Somnium. No offense to everyone else, but I think we all know why I called dibs on CHRP & Ryan. The reasoning behind Som is a little different though. (I'd rather keep the Micro masters together so we can share ammo. :p)

Is it because Som is a magnet to your nades? By the way, I am offended, lol! Oh and I got dibs on CHRP, seeing how I am his father figure and all! :lol :lol

Irish said:
The reasoning behind Som is a little different though. (I'd rather keep the Micro masters together so we can share ammo. :p)
teh uzi is great but, I'm really starting to like the pistol a lot more now. Sniping players with a pistol from across the map is so satisfying. So more uzi ammo for Oath!
cjtiger300 said:
Is it because Som is a magnet to your nades?
>=(

Gyrian

Somnium986 said:

What's it to you? You hate Plunder anyways. :p

If you're thinking 'FUUUUUUU' after arne's post, hold up.
The information we've seen is inaccurate, not downright false. The catch is that we don't know what bits are off, yet.
Might be dates, pricing, number of maps / skins, etc, even a combination of those.

At the end of the day, I'm very happy that things are coming, as we suspected, and they promise to be big. :]

cjtiger300 said:
Oh and I got dibs on CHRP, seeing how I am his father figure and all! :lol :lol

Keep him, you'll be missing out on that sense of accomplishment you get when you best him. ;]

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I really hope that if there are any new skins added at all they can be used in single player too, especially if they end up being as awesome as the rumored ones.

Irish

cjtiger300 said:
Is it because Som is a magnet to your nades? By the way, I am offended, lol! Oh and I got dibs on CHRP, seeing how I am his father figure and all! :lol :lol

Well, I've been training Som in my ways for a little while longer. He's even trying to copy my new style by using up all of the regular pistol ammo. (I'm still debating on whether I want to use Keep Firing or Bandoleer.

Hey, I got CHRP to talk to me the other night, so that automatically gives me dibs. :p

I'll be on tonight too. So, everyone else needs to get on as well.

Gyrian said:
What's it to you? You hate Plunder anyways. :p
:lol
Like Oath always says, TB is only for one match type, and is only effective in that particular match type. It really isn't unbalanced. Unless you think carrying propane tanks faster an advantage.
If you're thinking 'FUUUUUUU' after arne's post, hold up.
The information we've seen is inaccurate, not downright false. The catch is that we don't know what bits are off, yet.
Might be dates, pricing, number of maps / skins, etc, even a combination of those.

At the end of the day, I'm very happy that things are coming, as we suspected, and they promise to be big. :]
I know that. It's just the KZ2,and R2 thing that's making me go "wuuuuuuut?"
That and the fact that they said they were wary about adding new co-op modes/maps.

Irish said:
Well, I've been training Som in my ways for a little while longer. He's even trying to copy my new style by using up all of the regular pistol ammo.
Anyway, TBH i think it's a natural progression for any player of any particular play style to move to the pistol. Everyone uses the thing now. It's effective at pretty much any range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom