• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Since I got this game at launch I haven't really dived into the MP because of demon's souls (I mainly stuck with co-op). After playing MAG and being hooked on the exp and unlock stuff I wondered why I haven't gotten hooked on Uncharted's unlocks. There seem to be big gaps in between good unlocks, and the boosts don't seem too interesting so far. I got to where I could buy Down The Irons. Seeing that down the irons is thought of as cheap I just didn't buy it, more leveling to do.

What do you guys use that's worth looking forward to unlocking? The only weapon booster I have is fire from the hip or something. I almost never do that unless I'm really close to someone. There's Break Up, but I don't remember ever trying to break someone's cover with bullets. I have a lot of money, but nothing to buy (saving single player skins/weapons and bonus footage that I couldn't see on psn or something for last).

Boosters Slot 1 (15)

Point and Shoot -
Increase pistol blindfire accuracy ($2,000/2)​
From the Hip -
Increase long gun blindfire accuracy ($5,000/6)​
Break Up -
Increased damage to breakable objects (11,250/10)​
Down the Irons -
Better accuracy when aiming long guns (18,750/14)​
Hell Blazer -
Move faster with the GAU - 19 (27,750/18)​
Turtle -
Move faster with the riot shield (40,500/22)​
Sure Shot -
Better accuracy when aiming pistols (64,500/30)​
Walk softly -
Silent movement (79,500/34)​
Juggler -
Faster pistol reloading (94,500/38)​
Rapid Hands -
Faster long-gun reloading (111,000/42)​
Situational Awareness -
When standing still, press the up button to see enemies through walls (129,000/46)​
Evasion -
Immunity to siutational awareness (210,000/50)​
Veiled -
Badge of honor: No blindfire reticle (300,000/51)​
Invalid -
Badge of honor: Half health (350,000/52)​
Glass Jaw -
Badge of honor: Take double damage from hand-to-hand attacks (1,500,000/57)​

Edit: I see I might be interested in Evasion. A lot of people seem to use either Down the Irons, or Situational Awareness.

siarraweb

arne, any chance you guys consider adding a crash bandicoot skin to uncharted 2?

it could work well, either the actual model of crash bandicoot or in some cosplay style added to some random character..

390_9382_Crash%20thumbs%20up%20copy.jpg

Kinda LTTP, but I just beat UC2 and man was it awesome! The graphics are simply amazing also, and hopefully I'll be getting an hdtv in the next month to fully experience it. The writing and voice acting was nothing short of amazing, and the characters are so lovable and well done. Beat it on normal and still had a bit of a tough time near the end though. Haven't touched mp yet but probably will after I go through another playthrough.:D

Ploid 3.0

Irish said:
Slot 1- Point & Shoot, From The Hip, or Sure Shot

Slot 2- Bandoleer or Keep Firing

Ah I have keep firing, and from the hip. I don't use pistol much so I'll just keep FTH. Guess I will look forward to the skins (love my marco polo though).

siarraweb said:
arne, any chance you guys consider adding a crash bandicoot skin to uncharted 2?

it could work well, either the actual model of crash bandicoot or in some cosplay style added to some random character..

390_9382_Crash%20thumbs%20up%20copy.jpg
Sony doesn't own the IP, so it would be much harder to get into the game, probably costly to ND.

They should put Jak in the game goddammit.

jett

D-Member
Blu_LED said:
Sony doesn't own the IP, so it would be much harder to get into the game, probably costly to ND.

They should put Jak in the game goddammit.

Kind of weird that there's no Jak costume in this game. Are they trying to forget or distance themselves from that series? :p

jett said:
Kind of weird that there's no Jak costume in this game. Are they trying to forget or distance themselves from that series? :p
I don't see why. Sure, kill me by not making a Jak PS3, but at least throw me some sort of bone here.

Yeef

Irish said:
Slot 1- Point & Shoot, From The Hip, or Sure Shot

Slot 2- Bandoleer or Keep Firing
I use these, occasionally, but I generally use Sure Foot for my second booster. Rapid Hands/Juggler are useful for the first slot as well, but generally I choose my boosters based on the mode I'm playing. There are plenty of good boosters, but it's not like COD where perks make a HUGE difference in your play-style and effectiveness.

GGs tonight. Sorry for acting like an ass tonight. Plunder+lag+F**** spawns= a sad Som. :(
Also Kittonwy is the luckiest man alive. Never throw any type of explosive his way. He will survive with full health no less.

Somnium986 said:
GGs tonight. Sorry for acting like an ass tonight. Plunder+lag+F**** spawns= a sad Som. :(
Also Kittonwy is the luckiest man alive. Never throw any type of explosive his way. He will survive with full health no less.

He has nine lives my friend! Hell, I had to shoot a rocket and then unload a hammer in him to kill him that one game! That shit was epic as hell though!!!!!! Pretty sure that will be one of my most memorable experiences with this game!!! I just hate I missed everyones reaction! They should fix that!

cjtiger300 said:
He has nine lives my friend! Hell, I had to shoot a rocket and then unload a hammer in him to kill him that one game! That shit was epic as hell though!!!!!! Pretty sure that will be one of my most memorable experiences with this game!!! I just hate I missed everyones reaction! They should fix that!
Yeah that was awesome. I really thought you were toast.:lol Another great one was Gyrian ,and vsrobot's Rocket/Grenade launcher dual. Always expect to see something completely mind blowing in a GAF game.

Kittonwy

Banned
Somnium986 said:

You missed.
KlintIndifference.gif

Irish

Great Games tonight guys. Just when I was about to leave for the night, I started kicking all kinds of ass. Not only that, I was kicking ass in a full party.

PuppetMaster said:
Awesome DLC. Especially for free.

It would be awesome if the skins were selectable in Single Player too!
You know, now that you say that. Maybe one of the three DLC skin packs are the skins we have now in the SP. Man that would be awesome. We had dead explorer in MP, only to have him snatched away a few days later. T-T

skrilla

Neo Member
CozMick said:
Where did you get this info?

I hope that they removed it, probably the worst intentional addition to the multi-player imo.
i was playing it the other day and couldn't get a kill without having to intentionally aim... before all you had to do was get close and pull the trigger baby...

Wowbagger

Somnium986 said:
Like Oath always says, TB is only for one match type, and is only effective in that particular match type. It really isn't unbalanced. Unless you think carrying propane tanks faster an advantage.

That would be a good argument if U2 had multiple game modes per match, like Killzone 2's Warzone, but it doesn't. How does it matter how effective TB is in other modes, when you only play one mode per match and can change boosters between matches?

Shearie

Oh.....well...why do some people still believe the story on the DLC if Naughty Dog says it's inaccurate? Do they think ND is just covering it up until their own official announcement or is there something else I'm missing?

CozMick

Banned
Shearie said:
Oh.....well...why does everyone still believe the story on the DLC if Naughty Dog says it's inaccurate? Does everyone think NG is just covering it up until their own official announcement or is there something else I'm missing?

It's also on Kotaku, what's more official than that? :D

Rikyfree

Shearie said:
Oh.....well...why do some people still believe the story on the DLC if Naughty Dog says it's inaccurate? Do they think ND is just covering it up until their own official announcement or is there something else I'm missing?
The pics are very real, but my theory is that the pricing or release data is not right.

Edit: a little more fuel to the fire is the fact that the official PlayStation Mexico twitter just confirmed it.

http://twitter.com/PlayStationMEX

"El 28 de enero el multijugador de Uncharted 2 se actualizará, ahora podrás usar Skins de personajes de Infamous, Killzone 2 y Resistance 2."

Translated: "On January 28 the multiplayer of Uncharted 2 will be updated, you will now be able to use skins from the characters of Infamous, Killzone2 and Resistance 2."

p_p_o_d

Banned
awesome update.

will need to pick up Uncharted 2 again since I traded after I got my plat. (never again will I trade a ND game, wasnt expecting a great deal of MP support and Im happy to be wrong.)

I heard the fixed the long load times between matchs. is that true?

Irish

Yes, and surprisingly, I find it somewhat annoying at times. Before, I used that downtime to grab a drink/snack, go to the bathroom, or browse GAF. I can rarely do that stuff now for fear of being AFK for the first minute or so of a match.

"Heroes" pack is $4.99:

The PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack contains seven new skins featuring some key personalities from other major PlayStation first-party titles – Sev and a Helghast soldier from Killzone 2, Nathan Hale and a Chimera from Resistance 2, and Cole (both good and evil variants!) and Zeke from inFAMOUS.

The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack will be available for purchase globally on the PlayStation Store on January 28, 2010, for $4.99 in the US.
If you’re outside of the U.S., check your local Store or announcement for region specific pricing.

4294857274_5f3b428b5e.jpg

4294857526_fb76025736.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...er-demo-and-playstation-heroes-skin-pack-dlc/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom