• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Somnium986 said:
Gyrian ,and vsrobot's Rocket/Grenade launcher dual.

I swear to Cthulu I thought I had the Hammer equipped. Imagine my surprise when I got the drop on the rocket launcher guy with my freakin' d'eagle instead of my freakin' grenade launcher. Fffffff...

Not as bad as the other round it ended up with me 1v1 and I fell of a freakin' cliff.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kos Luftar said:
WTF?

Only in the US?

Why don't they want to sell it to more people?
Its the SCEA blog so they tell about NA related stuff.
You should check the EU blog later today or next week.

FunkyPajamas said:
Awesome. Hey Arne, you guys are awesome. :D Any word on what the demo level is going to be? I'd choose Nepal,
from the beginning (car chase) to the helicopter fight in the rooftops

I could imagine that it would be the same thing that we see at the kiosks in the stores for the demo.

kikanny

Kos Luftar said:
I'm in NA.

Canada gets the shaft worse than Europe when it comes to stuff on PSN.
What are you talking about? We get the same gaming stuff on PSN as they do at US. The only stuff we don't have is the video store. And 5 bucks for the skins. I'm not really sure if its worth 5 bucks...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Awesome DLC, and happy for the single-player demo. Might gather some extra attention to the game from the legions of fuckheads out there that own a PS3 and didn't buy the game yet.

Irish

Damn... If the skins are $5.00, I don't even want to think about how some of the other packs are priced.

I won't be getting these skins, but that's mainly because these characters don't interest me all that much. Now, if they had gone with Resistance: Fall of Man skins instead of the R2 ones, it would be an entirely different story. I love me some Lt. Cartwright and Capt. Parker.

I'm actually surprised that they don't have the slippery naked guys, the blue guardians, or the Yeti costumes available. (I'd even like to have the dead explorer.)

I'd probably still play with the yeti skin if they made it melee only. but increased it's character speed or jump height/distance.

Gyrian

VsRobot said:
I swear to Cthulu I thought I had the Hammer equipped. Imagine my surprise when I got the drop on the rocket launcher guy with my freakin' d'eagle instead of my freakin' grenade launcher. Fffffff...

Not as bad as the other round it ended up with me 1v1 and I fell of a freakin' cliff.

I nearly died laughing when that played out. :D

I've slipped to my death in Train Wreck more times than I'd like to admit, but I can't stay mad, because it's so freaking hilarious. Damned slippery cliff edges in Train Wreck, and lack of railings in Sanctuary, haha.

On the DLC news, notice we've got our first inaccuracy revealed; the guest characters are paid content. Maybe this will keep them from taking over the U2 world. I'll probably buy this to support NDI, plus, I'm a sucker for the Helghast's design.

Brazil

Shearie said:
Oh.....well...why do some people still believe the story on the DLC if Naughty Dog says it's inaccurate? Do they think ND is just covering it up until their own official announcement or is there something else I'm missing?
You're missing out on the fact that people are stupid.

kikanny

I never understood about the concept of paying so much for goddamn skins. These skins are overpriced as hell in every game. For 5 bucks, I could buy an actual game on PSN right now. Its the same problem with LBP. 2 bucks for ONE frickin skin. Skins don't add anything to the gameplay experience, but they cost so much. I would buy this pack if it was at most 2 bucks. 5 bucks is out of my range...But its just so tempting...

yencid

kikanny said:
I never understood about the concept of paying so much for goddamn skins. These skins are overpriced as hell in every game. For 5 bucks, I could buy an actual game on PSN right now. Its the same problem with LBP. 2 bucks for ONE frickin skin. Skins don't add anything to the gameplay experience, but they cost so much. I would buy this pack if it was at most 2 bucks. 5 bucks is out of my range...But its just so tempting...

7 skins for 5 bucks sounds good to me. You said it yourself, in LBP people pay 2 bucks for 1 skin, this is 5 bucks for 7
oh snap! you don't only get Cole (both good and bad) you get that fat ass Zeke xD

CozMick

Banned
£3.99 for 7 skins is pushing it a bit, but what the fuck, I'm buying it twice,

Naughty Dog are down right genius.

*image removed*

This screenshot just makes me giggle like a school girl. :lol

I could get Gravity Crash for the price of those skins right now.

Even the Assassin's Creed II DLC coming out next week is cheaper than the skins. :lol

I'll still probably get it though, since my brother will get a good kick out of it.

The nerfing of blindfire in general has taken a lot of fun out of the game. Before it was mapping out a route to flank them and just plow through them, now it's a pain in the ass to do that and basically fail because they changed a core style in the gameplay.

Now it is just all about long range.

JudgeN

KilgoreTrout said:
The nerfing of blindfire in general has taken a lot of fun out of the game. Before it was mapping out a route to flank them and just plow through them, now it's a pain in the ass to do that and basically fail because they changed a core style in the gameplay.

I haven't played in forever, when did they nerf blindfire?

Irish

I completely agree with you Kilgore. It seems so much harder to do that now and I know it's not because other players have gotten wise to the tactic.

I'm pretty sure they upped the damage on the AK as well, making it even harder to make your way towards a group of people. Even when they don't spot you until the last second. I think the damage for pistols in general has been nerfed. I'm not entirely sure about that though.

Anyway, Hale is such a loser. We should have gotten these Resistance skins:

Capt. Rachel Parker

255px-Rachel.jpg

Lt. Stephen Cartwright

250px-CartwrightRFoM.jpg

James Grayson

255px-06.jpg

CozMick

Banned
KilgoreTrout said:

Is the auto-aim nerfed aswell?

I hope so.

jett

D-Member
I thought it was going to be free. For $3.99 I'm actually going to get additional story missions in AC2 next week.

Yeah...no, not getting this. :|

Brazil

Irish said:
I completely agree with you Kilgore. It seems so much harder to do that now and I know it's not because other players have gotten wise to the tactic.

I'm pretty sure they upped the damage on the AK as well, making it even harder to make your way towards a group of people. Even when they don't spot you until the last second. I think the damage for pistols in general has been nerfed. I'm not entirely sure about that though.

Anyway, Hale is such a loser. We should have gotten these Resistance skins:

Capt. Rachel Parker

Lt. Stephen Cartwright

James Grayson
Yeah, like there is a single bloody Resistance character out there that isn't a loser.

Brazil

WinFonda said:
Are the skins fully voiced characters or are they silent meatbags?

Makes a big difference in whether or not I buy.
Seen as this is ND we're talking about, I'm certain that they'll have voices.

Irish

Brazil said:
Yeah, like there is a single bloody Resistance character out there that isn't a loser.

I haven't played Retribution, so I picked Grayson based on looks and backstory alone, but to call Lt. Cartwright a loser is something that does not go down well. Sure, I agree that even appearing in R2 automatically makes you a loser, but Cartwright did no such thing.

Brazil said:
Seen as this is ND we're talking about, I'm certain that they'll have voices.
Yeah, ND is surely doing a good job with U2. Voices with these skins are a must. You can't have a Helghast in your game if they don't say "scatta grenade" when they are throwing a grenade. xD Ugh, I'm getting MAG Tuesday, but I also want this skin pack. I'm guessing I'm going to split my time between MAG and U2, even though I thought I was done with U2 after putting in 150 hours into the online. ND keeps bringing me back.

CozMick said:
£3.99 for 7 skins is pushing it a bit, but what the fuck, I'm buying it twice,

Naughty Dog are down right genius.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1958/4295807994bef951c40eb.jpg[img]

This screenshot just makes me giggle like a school girl. :lol[/QUOTE]

I know! I'm so buying this! I haven't been paying attention to UC2 (or gaming, for that matters) but GODDAMNIT, THIS IS THE DLC THAT WILL BRING ME BACK TO UNCHARTED TERRITORIES! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom