• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepbrown

shagg_187 said:
I also hope they add new Taunt animation in the near future. That said, it'll be fucking hilarious using the Kiss taunt for Chimera :lol :lol
to Helghast. Chimera have the hots for the Helghast.

Irish

Definitely. I think there are a ton of potentially awesome taunts for this game.

Examples:

Knee Slide

gallerygerrard-3433.jpg

The Thinker

rodin20thinker.jpg

The Tarzan

tarzan2.gif

Levi

Banned
The single player demo will very likely be the same as the demo Sony installed in all the retail interactive PS3s a few months ago. It's level 5 from the game -- starts with a cut scene and then goes to running away from the truck. Don't know how long it lasts, never played it through to the end.

Garjon

alr1ghtstart said:
paid skins, fine by me. Make sure the maps are free though.
Sadly I can't see that happening. If they're going to charge for skins then in all likelihood they'll charge for the maps. Unfortunately, The Fort may well have been a one off :(

GarJon said:
Sadly I can't see that happening. If they're going to charge for skins then in all likelihood they'll charge for the maps. Unfortunately, The Fort may well have been a one off :(
Actually it kind of makes sense to keep the maps free. People can't play on a map if they don't own it, so they have no way of knowing if they want it or not (unless they're actively following the game and news), and it tends to fragment the userbase. Skins are "premium" content in the sense that you don't need those to run the game but they identify you as a "paying customer", and since people get to see them all the time, they're more prone to go out and buy them just because they saw some gamers playing with the new skins. And I guess those skins may even subsidize more maps. Or so I would hope :lol

kikanny

I'm calling it. The map pack will probably be 10 bucks. But I'll probably buy it though since Uncharted is the only multiplayer I ever play.

Garjon

FunkyPajamas said:
Actually it kind of makes sense to keep the maps free. People can't play on a map if they don't own it, so they have no way of knowing if they want it or not (unless they're actively following the game and news), and it tends to fragment the userbase. Skins are "premium" content in the sense that you don't need those to run the game but they identify you as a "paying customer", and since people get to see them all the time, they're more prone to go out and buy them just because they saw some gamers playing with the new skins. And I guess those skins may even subsidize more maps. Or so I would hope :lol
I certainly hope so, though in the end it is all up to Sony. If the skins sell well they might decide that they can make a quick bit of money off charging for the maps. I think the best thing that could happen is we get one free map and another 2 paid maps.
I actually don't mind if they do charge for the maps, just as long as it doesn't do to this game what it did to KZ2, though with the way matchmaking is set up, it should work out fine :)

CozMick said:
Is the auto-aim nerfed aswell?

I hope so.
No. It's still there in full force it's called Down the Irons
Wowbagger said:
That would be a good argument if U2 had multiple game modes per match, like Killzone 2's Warzone, but it doesn't. How does it matter how effective TB is in other modes, when you only play one mode per match and can change boosters between matches?
Think of it as punishment for liking plunder so much.:p I like to have a plunder match over as quickly as possible. TB helps a lot. You know i just kid right? But seriously, if ND won't take away DtI, then your SOL.
VsRobot said:
I swear to Cthulu I thought I had the Hammer equipped
That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.:lol

Steroyd

Hot damn had a good few games going there with Grandben and co, shame I got disconnected from PSN, looks like a wired connection keeps me on U2 MP in a more stable way than what I've been using before, good thing because I'm liking what I'm hearing about the DLC. :D

Shapingo

Seeing Sev and The Helghast soldier in 3rd person makes me wish they make a killzone liberation game on PS3 using those character assets on Uncharted's engine.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
HOLY SHIT, I just saw the news on the Skins Pack, that is freakin awesome. I've been wanting to get back into the multi, this will give me a good reason to do it. I really enjoy the multi but for some reason I haven't played it in at least a couple months, I guess I've been distracted by other games. I'm going with the Helghast for sure. Hopefully they'll add more, I'd pay top dollar for a Sackboy skin, I'd love to see him with an AK47.

So I take it there is still an active U2 GAF group? If so, make room bitches.

alr1ghtstart said:
paid skins, fine by me. Make sure the maps are free though.
This! Paying for maps just alienates the audience and not everyone would own it. Paying for skins is a safe way to go as others can see the skin you are using and won't effect or alienate the audience.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah I agree with you guys on the map packs. I understand that the developers are trying to make a little $ after release, nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't help games with smaller communities like Uncharted 2. Take Killzone 2, GG made a few really good DLC map packs but there was usually only a few servers using them and they were ONLY the new maps, it was a pain in the ass trying to find a good, full server using both new and old maps. Last time I checked, all the available servers were just playing the disc maps, which sucks for the people that payed for the DLC and want to play new maps.

Irish

Hey, as long as everyone that plays in the "big" U2 group gets the map packs, I think we'll all be okay. Our epic Elimination matches can continue on that way.

arne

Snuggler said:
Yeah I agree with you guys on the map packs. I understand that the developers are trying to make a little $ after release, nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't help games with smaller communities like Uncharted 2. Take Killzone 2, GG made a few really good DLC map packs but there was usually only a few servers using them and they were ONLY the new maps, it was a pain in the ass trying to find a good, full server using both new and old maps. Last time I checked, all the available servers were just playing the disc maps, which sucks for the people that payed for the DLC and want to play new maps.

We're definitely aware of how paid map DLC can fragment the multiplayer player base, so whatever we end up doing, we're looking into every option to ensure we minimize the impact on our player base.

arne said:
We're definitely aware of how paid map DLC can fragment the multiplayer player base, so whatever we end up doing, we're looking into every option to ensure we minimize the impact on our player base.
Arne, I want to have your kids.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
arne said:

Very cool, sounds like you guys "get it".

Big ups.

Irish said:
geHey, as long as everyone that plays in the "big" U2 group ts the map packs, I think we'll all be okay. Our epic Elimination matches can continue on that way.
Yeah I'll definitely buy as soon as it's released. But i knew the free with the Sony Smash Bros. DLC pack wouldn't last long.:lol
arne said:
There's you're hope. :D I really can't wait for the new DLC.

Levi

Banned
I'm buying the skins even though I'll rarely use them (go team Skeleton) just to support ND and their support of the community.

Irish

I can't see myself buying the skins unless they have awesome phrases. I mean, I refuse to use anyone other than Flynn (Heist) because of "Innnncommmmmingggggg!"

Irish said:
I can't see myself buying the skins unless they have awesome phrases. I mean, I refuse to use anyone other than Flynn (Heist) because of "Innnncommmmmingggggg!"

I really hope they got the voice actors for all the new skins for the taunts and grunts.

Reading on the blog that the skins don't have voices kind of deflated my hype for the DLC. Yeah, it would be cool to play non-Uncharted characters, but having them not have voices kind of makes them dull a bit. It's like the skeleton. I used it for a bit, but I had to switch it to a human character, cause I couldn't stand how it didn't say anything.

DrPirate

Banned
arne said:

I will be buying this character pack because a) I love the pack and ND and b) Hopefully it'll keep maps free.

cnizzle06

Banned
If anyone's interested in playing survival with me, let me know. So far I've played with some less than great individuals. PSN is the same as my name here.

GGs tonight guys. Haven't had that much fun in a GAF game in a while. Hmm... also no voices on the Sony Smash Bros. DLC. Doesn't really bother me that much.Would have been nice though. Might have something to do with the fact that, i have not played any of the games the characters are from.
I know, and I'm sorry.T-T

Irish

ClearCell was being a dirty bastard and using a voice changer. You know what that tells me? It tells me you're not comfortable around us guys and that makes me a Sad Hoosier. What can we do to warm you up to our presence?

Irish said:
ClearCell was being a dirty bastard and using a voice changer. You know what that tells me? It tells me you're not comfortable around us guys and that makes me a Sad Hoosier. What can we do to warm you up to our presence?
I think it has more to do with the fact that he was getting owned. You know to hide the quivering of his voice as he was downed over, and over again.>=(
And your one to talk Oath.>=(

ClearCELL

Banned
Irish said:
Nothing, I just think its funny to sound like a kitton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom