• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapping Granny said:
Errr, passing on the skins, bring on the maps, this game desperately needs more maps and some variety in them.
I might just wait for the DF DLC. Even if they cost money. I know it's been said before but RAINY SHAMBALA MAP WITH CRAZY BLUE LIGHTING!!!!:D Also goats......
We need you to get drunk and talk about goats tomorrow.
Curses!!

Irish

ClearCELL said:
Well, I never liked talking on my mic and playing at the same time. Takes some of my focus away or something.

Look, we already know you're awesome, so you no longer have to worry about being the best. I think you'd have a lot more fun making me feel bad about my shitty skills. I know I would.

Kittonwy

Banned
GG tonight.
KlintIndifference.gif

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So the prices for the DLC skins aren't too bad. However, if they decide to charge for the DLC Maps, I hope they figure out a good way to not split up the community. There's hardly a lot of people online and if they were to charge for the maps, the chances of actually playing a full game with the new maps would be pretty slim.

I'm glad arne addressed this issue though so I'm hoping for the best.

Trax

Banned
Hi guys, I just wanted to say that I finished Uncharted 2 a few weeks ago and it's one of my favorite games ever. Congratulations to ND.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I fired up Uncharted 2 again today and I'm very much opposed to the variety of skins in the game.

That not everyone looks blue or red is understandable... But having two people from different teams be skeletons which looks the same, I don't get it.

I couldn't even tell you outside of the game what the difference in the skins those two skeleton models would have. I would guess one wears a red head and one wears a black one.

Anyway, is there still an active GAF euro crew going on? I would like to join, (I have a mic and can enunciate "DAMN SKELETON" very well.)

CozMick

Banned
So the new skins won't have unique voices/sounds. but will they make any sound at all?

I make most of my kills by listening to the grunts and groans the characters make around me.

It's also the same for no female characters on the villains makes it easier to pick them out.

Rewrite said:
Aw man the new skins don't have voices? :(

Its a little disappointing. Even if they got little soundbytes from the characters in their respective games and used them. . that would have done.

I'd love to hear a Helghast scream in U2.

Gyrian

Had a great time in our games last night! :]

Curious to find out what experiment arne was conducting, heh.
I will say this, I thought it was rather nice to play those games with everyone wearing a unique main character skin.
You could actually ID your enemies from their voices. If I heard Drake (very appropriate, since he's probably the biggest chatterbox), I knew to be on my toes.

Irish

Gyrian said:
Curious to find out what experiment arne was conducting, heh.

Well, you see, he was testing to see how his presence affects my skill level. Surprisingly, I did quite well when he was there. Unfortunately, he probably didn't get enough data because I decided to give my spot up to I-Owe-You-Pain. :p

Now, with a little independent research, I discovered that there was a rather unwanted side-effect that occurred as a result to his experiment. I turned into an asshole for the rest of the night and I'd like to apologize for that.

So, I'd just like to say I'm sorry to everyone who played with me after 1:00 am EST.

EDIT: I've also decided to let ClearCELL do whatever the hell he pleases, because it's not up to me to dictate how he plays his damn games.

ClearCELL

Banned
Rikyfree said:
I wish one of the modes they could patch in is a mode like in Killzone 2 where there are changing objectives. That would be great.
That would be amazing.
5 min Deathmatch
5 min Plunder
5 min King of the hill
5 min Turf War

Irish

Yeah, I actually think that would be pretty cool. I wish there was something there to replace King of the Hill with though.

ClearCELL

Banned
Irish said:
Yeah, I actually think that would be pretty cool. I wish there was something there to replace King of the Hill with though.
Chain Reaction maybe.
or at the end its Pistols and Grenades for the finale.

Lince

Banned
no voices? maybe they couldn't agree a deal in time with the original voice actors? I refuse to believe ND guys are being this lazy... I guess it's just they can't find the extra RAM needed for it?

anyway, it's a bit disappointing, I was looking forward to the KZ2 chars :(

Irish

As it turns out, I'm actually really stupid. I was thinking that everything happened continuously without loading up in between, but it looks like you meant short, elimination like bits with a break between each section.

ClearCELL

Banned
Irish said:
As it turns out, I'm actually really stupid. I was thinking that everything happened continuously without loading up in between, but it looks like you meant short, elimination like bits with a break between each section.
No your very smart. It does happen continuously just like in Killzone 2.

Irish

I haven't played KZ2. :( Oh well, I think I finally understand. So, there's basically no point goal for each round? You can kill more than 50 guys if time allows and etc. for the other modes (7 captures, 299 TW points)?

ClearCELL

Banned
Irish said:
I haven't played KZ2. :( Oh well, I think I finally understand. So, there's basically no point goal for each round? You can kill more than 50 guys if time allows and etc. for the other modes (7 captures, 299 TW points)?
5 Mins to get to the goal but the round can end if you get to the goal.
For example the goal for a DM would be 30 kills but you have 5 mins only.

Irish

Yeah, the MP is definitely easy to get into. This is my second most played game ever, the first being Shadow of the Colossus.

cnizzle06

Banned
Seep said:
Just finished today and what a fucking ride it was. But sadly this game is the definition of rental.

...really? I feel it's the only game that I've purchased as of late that warranted the 60 smackeroos. I picked it up at release, and still continue to play it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Rapping Granny said:
Errr, passing on the skins, bring on the maps, this game desperately needs more maps and some variety in them.

While I'll probably get the skins, I'm in the same boat as you. I love the maps, but they're getting stale... I just haven't had the motivation to play much lately. I'm worried that DLC maps will split the already small community though.

CozMick

Banned
I'm level 45 but I've just started playing co-op arena,

How do I unlock Hard and Crushing difficulties?

It seems to default to Easy even though my settings are on Normal,

Hope you guys can help, Thanks

Wowbagger

Lince said:
no voices? maybe they couldn't agree a deal in time with the original voice actors? I refuse to believe ND guys are being this lazy... I guess it's just they can't find the extra RAM needed for it?

I assume voice samples of used characters are loaded into memory before a match starts, and there are already at least five unique voices per side, so I doubt that's the reason.

kikanny

Considering this is the only multiplayer game I play, I REALLY REALLY hope they don't charge for the map packs. The community is already small as it is.

CozMick

Banned
I wouldn't call 10,042 players online at this time small.

Apart from Modern Warfare 2 there's nothing out there on PSN that's more popular.

But I do agree that it may splinter the community, although I believe most of the people still playing this will purchase the dlc,

I mean c'mon, they've been playing the same 7 maps for nearly 3 months :lol

Irish

CozMick said:
I'm level 45 but I've just started playing co-op arena,

How do I unlock Hard and Crushing difficulties?

It seems to default to Easy even though my settings are on Normal,

Hope you guys can help, Thanks

Hard and Crushing are for Co-op Objective only. To get those, try playing with Friends only. When playing with Randoms, the game's difficulty is based on the lowest set difficulty out of all three players' profiles. In Custom games, the Party Leader can change the difficulty.

CozMick said:
I wouldn't call 10,042 players online at this time small.

Apart from Modern Warfare 2 there's nothing out there on PSN that's more popular.

But I do agree that it may splinter the community, although I believe most of the people still playing this will purchase the dlc,

I mean c'mon, they've been playing the same 7 maps for nearly 3 months :lol

I belive that 10.042 is the number of players on just one server...

Irish

Here's another problem with the Match History page:

It doesn't show your actual position in regards to everyone in the game, but only your position relative to your team in the mini-listings. 5/10 instead of 8 or whatever out of 10.

Something else I'd like to see in-game:

I'd like to see all of my stats when I pull up select- Score, Kills, Deaths, and Assists

theplayer

Banned
CozMick said:
So the new skins won't have unique voices/sounds. but will they make any sound at all?

I make most of my kills by listening to the grunts and groans the characters make around me.

It's also the same for no female characters on the villains makes it easier to pick them
out.

can i plz have a link to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom