• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittonwy

Banned
Irish said:
I had a terrible night other than one fantastic occurrence. I finally got a Five Not Alive medal. Awesome! Now I need to level up so I can get the other medals that I don't have access to yet. I also need to finish up a few explosive Co-Op medals.

Usually with a party of five there are just not enough kills to go around.
Indifferent2.gif

Yeef

I would love a game of all pistols, but not just the starting pistol. The Uzi, Wes, Desert and Pistole would be the power weapons.

jax (old)

Banned
baaccck.

anyhow. Not sure if I'm happy about the superheroes skinpack. A bit tacky imo. I'll buy it if the maps are free - so the skins fund the maps so the gamerbase doesn't fracture.

That is all. Haven't touched uncharted 2 in ages. Been playing darksider + everything else.

Yeef said:
I would love a game of all pistols, but not just the starting pistol. The Uzi, Wes, Desert and Pistole would be the power weapons.
Or, they could allow us to tweak a custom match to our liking. Plunder,with grenades only. TDM, with only melee attacks. Endless possibilities. The "only pistol weapons" would make a great playlist though. A free-for-all playlist would be nice too.

crispyben

So, as some of you may have noticed, I played a lot more than usual this week-end (maybe 20 hours?), partly because the wife was out of town, partly because I hoped to burn out on the game so that I could continue my playthrough of Assassin's Creed II... Well, here I am, sitting at work, now level 41 and wondering if I'll be able to make it to 42 tonight :D It's all thanks to you guys, if I didn't play with GAFers I wouldn't be where I am now :lol

EDIT: KDR now at 0.5!!!

Just leveled up to 50! Broken, after you left and I was by myself, I started kicking major ass! I had 17 or more kills in every match! I am taking a break for now, but I should be back on for you Euro's in the afternoon!

Infinate 5 - 0 Plunder is quite fun.

Big ups to the Scottish Leprechaun
WOWbaggr
, The Great Dane
HighLuxury
& [M3]Disgustipated (does not have a nickname yet). :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jax said:
baaccck.

anyhow. Not sure if I'm happy about the superheroes skinpack. A bit tacky imo. I'll buy it if the maps are free - so the skins fund the maps so the gamerbase doesn't fracture.

That is all. Haven't touched uncharted 2 in ages. Been playing darksider + everything else.
Oh come on dude!

What happened?
You are back and two days later you get banned again?
For how long? (Reply through PSN Messages if you want to)
:(

crispyben

Kos Luftar said:

Big ups to the Scottish Leprechaun
WOWbaggr
, The Great Dane
HighLuxury
& [M3]Disgustipated (does not have a nickname yet). :D
Oh man, I wanna play with you guys! What is it you do to have all this free time? Are you all students, unemployed, wealthy?

crispyben said:
Oh man, I wanna play with you guys! What is it you do to have all this free time? Are you all students, unemployed, wealthy?

Actually I can only jump in for a 3-4 games at a time, because I am a student but I am doing my co-op work term right now, but when I play with GAF, the games go by quickly. 5 - 0 baby.

WOWbaggr is on all the time, I do not think he does anything but play UC2 online.

I am in Canada and I play late in the evening but WOWbaggr is from Norway, HighLuxury is from Denmark so they probably do not sleep at night.

Garjon said:
Wow, what's that like? (only ever won like 3 games of plunder, all of them timeouts :( )

Ok, ok. I guess I exaggerated a bit since I can only play 3-4 games at a time but if I take all the plunder games I played with GAF it would be infinite 5-0.

Kasra_2x4

ClearCELL said:
A grenade only match would be pretty interesting.
That would be awesome,just imagine when you are throwing a propane in the air and you hit it with a grenade.It will make mushroom I guess !!!

Irish

cjtiger300 said:
Guys, you will be happy to know that I am still up!!!!!!!!!

Damn! I finally conked out at 6.

People are still playing?
I must be the only guy in the GAF chatroom that has to work.

CJ's actually a spy, so he doesn't really roll around the typical 9-5.

Anyway, when I was playing with him this morning, we were literally racking up 50 kills by ourselves. That stuff was ridiculous. Best teammate ever!

The thing about playing with GAF all the time is this: Your win/loss ratio will be very high, but your K/D will suffer (TK Grenades everywhere!)

Irish said:
Damn! I finally conked out at 6.

CJ's actually a spy, so he doesn't really roll around the typical 9-5.

Anyway, when I was playing with him this morning, we were literally racking up 50 kills by ourselves. That stuff was ridiculous. Best teammate ever!

The thing about playing with GAF all the time is this: Your win/loss ratio will be very high, but your K/D will suffer (TK Grenades everywhere!)

Yep, that was a blast! When you left I was racking up 23-26 kills every match. Only took me like 3 more matches to get to level 50!!!!!

Irish

I'm not sure that I could ever play by myself. I sorta like talking to people as I'm playing and get really bored (even when I'm doing well) when I'm all alone.

Anyway, ClearCELL, do you have a headset on or just listen to us through your TV?

Irish said:
I'm not sure that I could ever play by myself. I sorta like talking to people as I'm playing and get really bored (even when I'm doing well) when I'm all alone.

Anyway, ClearCELL, do you have a headset on or just listen to us through your TV?

I didn't do it very long, maybe 30 minutes. I just wanted to level up, lol! I agree, I like to play with at least one more person!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hmmm, I've been sitting on this one since it came out, but now that Darksiders and Bayonetta are done, perhaps it's time I pick it up and run through it.

Mejilan said:
Hmmm, I've been sitting on this one since it came out, but now that Darksiders and Bayonetta are done, perhaps it's time I pick it up and run through it.

What are you waiting for? This is the game of this generation to far! Don't make me call Kevin Butler!

Snipes424

So I have a suggestion for Plunder.

Re-skin the treasure as a big giant grenade. Then people might start going after the treasure rather than just looking at it confused.

Yeef

I couldn't find a chart with all of the different unlocks anywhere online, so I quickly slapped one together.

For some reason Google Docs doesn't let you merge cells vertically. Here's the original file if anyone prefers that. If there's any mistakes let me know.

While I was doing this I realized that you virtually never unlock anything on the odd-numbered levels. That's sort of annoying. It'd also be nice if, immediately after leveling, you got a message telling you what new items are available to purchase.

Hey Alr1ghtstart, sorry about the last match. One of the guys from the other team was provoking me in every way. Shouldve just set him on mute. Didnt mean to upset you :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
highluxury said:
Hey Alr1ghtstart, sorry about the last match. One of the guys from the other team was provoking me in every way. Shouldve just set him on mute. Didnt mean to upset you :(

wasn't upset, just irritated at it being 2 on 5. I was done after the match anyways.

Yeef said:
I couldn't find a chart with all of the different unlocks anywhere online, so I quickly slapped one together.
http://uncharted.wikia.com/wiki/Uncharted_2_Multiplayer#Store :p

http://uncharted.wikia.com/wiki/Uncharted_2_Medals

Wowbagger

Somnium986 said:
If only you had known my standing on the TB, before adding me. We would have been acquaintances forever.:D

I'm confident you're not a lost cause. You'll see the light one of these days. :/

Kos Luftar said:

It can get a bit boring. I wish we had more objective modes as good as Plunder. Chain Reaction is quite good when facing a team that offers some opposition, but that rarely happens. I'd rather play 5-10 minutes of Plunder than 2 minutes of Chain Reaction, versus a weak team.

Chain Reaction would be nice as part of a multiple objectives mode ala Killzone 2's Warzone, though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have found 3 player GAF parties make it much easier to max out my 50k (
please raise the cap to 100k
).

Also, arne or ND, please add different icons that show up when you kill someone. A specific icon for pulldowns, kickoffs, stealth kills would be nice. It looks a little boring with the vanilla melee icon.

ClearCELL

Banned
Irish said:

I listen through my TV.

Irish

How well can you hear us? You do have a headset though, right? If so, why don't you just leave the mic off and listen through that?

ClearCELL

Banned
Irish said:
How well can you hear us? You do have a headset though, right? If so, why don't you just leave the mic off and listen through that?
I hear everything you guys says perfectly, I turned down the music so I can hear you in the lobby too.

GGs tonight guyz. With the exception of one match, we were domination. >=(
Wowbagger said:
I'm confident you're not a lost cause. You'll see the light one of these days. :/
Well, we all played a lot of plunder matches tonight..... And i only used TB 2x. But, it was mostly due to me not wanting to switch boosters so often.:D

@Arne:

Now that we have those great Leaderboards, how about a variation on the current co-op Survival mode in which the rounds are endless, so we can try to survive the most rounds as a team and compare our stats to the world and or friends?

I imagine this wouldn't be too hard to do, right?

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
I have found 3 player GAF parties make it much easier to max out my 50k (
please raise the cap to 100k
).

Also, arne or ND, please add different icons that show up when you kill someone. A specific icon for pulldowns, kickoffs, stealth kills would be nice. It looks a little boring with the vanilla melee icon.

Easier to get kills when you have three instead of five, five is like a pack of wolves hunting down prey, and not having enough meat to go around.
angry.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I haven't played forever :-/. I need to start playing with you guys, I've just been busy trying to finish up some othe games. I'll probably hop on tomorrow if you guys are on.

Levi

Banned
I hate the Fort, even though I've had my best matches there. (19-0 during Crushing weekend, and got my Wipe-Out there). When it goes bad, it goes really, really bad.

Doesn't help when your own (random) team-mate TKs you to get the rocket and then Irish bears witness to your RAGE.

EDIT: You didn't fail me, Irish, I failed at keeping my cool. Tell you what, though, I've never had more satisfaction TKing someone than I did TKing that jerk right before his precious rocket (that he'd been camping for) respawned.

Thrakier

Just played through the game again and I really thought that maybe they planned a complete coop singel player campaign but then backed off late in the development cycle to go for the missions. There are SO many things in the SP campaign that scream "coop design" gameplay and leveldesign wise.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Thrakier said:
Just played through the game again and I really thought that maybe they planned a complete coop singel player campaign but then backed off late in the development cycle to go for the missions. There are SO many things in the SP campaign that scream "coop design" gameplay and leveldesign wise.
I hope that for the next Uncharted there's a way to play the whole game with another person. That'd be sooooooooo cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom