• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

The reason why Crush is king:

He posted a gif of the origin of his name, which is awesome of course.

Hey, Riky, you really shouldn't have ragequit last night. We ended up having more fun than ever before. :(

deepbrown

arne said:
grace and consistently only when i'm shooting [GAF] and [GAFe] in the face with my SAS-12 shotty.
Which reminds me...I have yet to fight against you in a GAF match...what time are you usually on?

Rikyfree

Irish said:
The reason why Crush is king:

He posted a gif of the origin of his name, which is awesome of course.

Hey, Riky, you really shouldn't have ragequit last night. We ended up having more fun than ever before. :(
Thing is that I ragequit once, rejoined, then internet went out for a nice 3 hours! Thanks SBC Yahoo!

arne

deepbrown said:
Which reminds me...I have yet to fight against you in a GAF match...what time are you usually on?

Random times unfortunately. And not as much as I was in 2009. I'll have to fix that.
I would have to venture a guess that usually mid-afternoon/early-evening PST for a few matches here and there and then late night PST (like 10pm - 1am)

deepbrown

arne said:
Random times unfortunately. And not as much as I was in 2009. I'll have to fix that.
I would have to venture a guess that usually mid-afternoon/early-evening PST for a few matches here and there and then late night PST (like 10pm - 1am)
Hm...I'll have to convert that to GMT later.

What could you be doing in 2010? ND can retire on U2...surely?

arne

deepbrown said:
Hm...I'll have to convert that to GMT later.

What could you be doing in 2010? ND can retire on U2...surely?

I have blog posts, DLC, a website to manage, posts to make on gaf, making plans to hit up the gaming conferences, etc., etc. my work doesn't cease for nuthin

deepbrown

arne said:
I have blog posts, DLC, a website to manage, posts to make on gaf, making plans to hit up the gaming conferences, etc., etc. my work doesn't cease for nuthin
Interviews to send =P Joke.

Cross out posting on a gaf and change to playing against gaf...plus you can be in the GAF clan too!

Kittonwy

Banned
EPIC PWNAGE OF SUCKAZ WUZ EPIC.
KlintIndifference.gif

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Indifferent2.gif

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Thanks for the update! My cousin was one of those people affected by the live error syncing data thing...so I'll make sure to let him know!

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
just finished up the first Uncharted in preparation for playing the sequel, and I have to say that I was pretty disappointed by the combat. It got quite frustrating at times and was never all that much fun to be honest, and thats a shame considering its really the meat of the game, with platforming and puzzles sprinkled in. Enemies take waaayyy too long to take down, which makes your character/guns feel weak, throwing grenades doesn't feel natural, and melee'ing enemies often leaves you too exposed to be viable. I'm really hoping its more fun in the second game, because I really loved everything else about the first one.

ZeroRay

pedr0theli0n said:
just finished up the first Uncharted in preparation for playing the sequel, and I have to say that I was pretty disappointed by the combat. It got quite frustrating at times and was never all that much fun to be honest, and thats a shame considering its really the meat of the game, with platforming and puzzles sprinkled in. Enemies take waaayyy too long to take down, which makes your character/guns feel weak, throwing grenades doesn't feel natural, and melee'ing enemies often leaves you too exposed to be viable. I'm really hoping its more fun in the second game, because I really loved everything else about the first one.

They pretty much improved on everything you speak on.

Rikyfree

Just noticed the new DLC for AC 2 is less than a hour in length. That completely seals the deal on which DLC I'm getting tomorrow. Sorry, AC2. Maybe next time, eh?

pedr0theli0n said:

I enjoyed it mostly due to the balls hard arena combat. After UC2, I kind of appreciated UC1 more. The gunplay and combat situations are very different. I think all your gripes are resolved in UC2 with the exception of melee. Don't ever melee unless its a stealth kill.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Rikyfree said:
Just noticed the new DLC for AC 2 is less than a hour in length. That completely seals the deal on which DLC I'm getting tomorrow. Sorry, AC2. Maybe next time, eh?
It comes out today doesn't it? If so, bought!

C'mon Naughty Dog, let us use the skins in co-op survival/gold rush. :(

Irish

When you end up being the last dude in a match on your team, you should automatically be booted without any consequences. That match would be wiped from memory.

Kitton, Viper, and I got stuck in a match for 20 full minutes with just one guy. All of his teammates quit at the very beginning of the match, but this guy couldn't leave without being penalized.

crispyben

Irish said:
When you end up being the last dude in a match on your team, you should automatically be booted without any consequences. That match would be wiped from memory.

Kitton, Viper, and I got stuck in a match for 20 full minutes with just one guy. All of his teammates quit at the very beginning of the match, but this guy couldn't leave without being penalized.
At first, I was thinking "why didn't you dominate him?", and then I realized he had to respawn a lot of times for you guys to get enough kills :lol

mgviperman said:
Unfortunately just ran into all the bullshit fort glitches in one match.
Are you referring to the one where people throw the treasure into the sea and it doesn't respawn for the entire match? I've had this happen in a few games. Was really annoying. :/

I only bought the game this week. How long has this exploit been in the game?

pedr0theli0n said:

A common complaint but an incorrect one imo. Enemies can give the impression you are hitting them because they flinch when being fired upon. One bullet to the head is all takes with the majority of the enemies.

Hojaho

pedr0theli0n said:

You need 3 or 4 bullets in that game to kill most enemies. Not sure how that is "waaayyy too long".

BeeDog

Hmm, the Uncharted 2 skins in the store require disc code BCES-00727, but my European Collector's Edition is BCES-00757 :/. Anyone dared try them out yet?

Irish said:

God yes ! Happened to me the other day too. I just left the console playing for the last 15 min. Also make us comfirm that we still want to play and/or kick players that have not touched any button on his controller for the last 5 min.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've gotten platinum. :D

Multiplayer is pretty fun despite being surrounded by people using boosters. It's funny when you're shooting directly at someone and it doesn't seem to do much damage but they shoot you once or twice and you're dead.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
BeeDog said:
Hmm, the Uncharted 2 skins in the store require disc code BCES-00727, but my European Collector's Edition is BCES-00757 :/. Anyone dared try them out yet?
Is that the code on the disc or the box? It's probably on both, but it wouldn't hurt to double check the actual code on the disc.

It should be fine either way as long as you buy them from the proper store (UK copy -> UK store, Spain -> Spain store, etc...). People were bitching about the Rita & Pinkerton skins bought off from their local store not working for their U.K. copy of the game, but I don't remember hearing anybody with the CE having trouble using skins bought from the correct store.

BeeDog

Killthee said:
Is that the code on the disc or the box? It's probably on both, but it wouldn't hurt to double check the actual code on the disc.

It should be fine either way as long as you buy them from the proper store (UK copy -> UK store, Spain -> Spain store, etc...). People were bitching about the Rita & Pinkerton skins bought off from their local store not working for their U.K. copy of the game, but I don't remember hearing anybody with the CE having trouble using skins bought from the correct store.

It's the disc code, and don't have the Steelbook box in this apartment unfortunately, so can't check.

Starting today, the next time you connect online with UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves you will be prompted for a Title Update.

Title Update 1.04 makes the following change:

* Allows players affected by “error syncing player data” issue to connect again to multiplayer

FINALLY! It only took 4 months. :(

Wowbagger

Rewrite said:
It comes out today doesn't it? If so, bought!

C'mon Naughty Dog, let us use the skins in co-op survival/gold rush. :(

Yes, please! I don't understand why we can't use our favourite hero in those modes. Would add a lot of personality.

Miburou

Man, the textures aren't loading for me on the Lost City level playing MP. Not sure if it's my machine (the fan is on max anytime I play UC2) or if they changed something.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Kittonwy said:
Enemy HP increase is simply a really cheap way to do difficulty increase and should just be avoided, because the strongest armored enemies all require headshots as the only solution anyway, not really getting the need to do infinite survival mode, maybe that's why survival ends after 10 rounds.
Don't get me wrong, I don't get the need to do infinite survival too. I was just saying there would be some ways to get people to survive longer and move the difficulty plateau further away, but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom