• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
sev.jpg

zeke.jpg

chimera.jpg

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
Bearillusion said:
A common complaint but an incorrect one imo. Enemies can give the impression you are hitting them because they flinch when being fired upon. One bullet to the head is all takes with the majority of the enemies.

Hojaho said:
You need 3 or 4 bullets in that game to kill most enemies. Not sure how that is "waaayyy too long".

gonna have to disagree with both of you guys. I know enemies flinch when you fire near them, thats not what I'm talking about. Its important to preserve your ammo in the game, so instead of holding down the trigger, say with the ak-47, I would burst fire. Many times the enemies would stagger 5 or 6 times before finally going down, meaning after 5 or 6 bursts of shots. thats ridiculous. headshots do help, but the aiming isnt quite precise enough for that to work a lot of the time.

Spotless Mind said:
Are you referring to the one where people throw the treasure into the sea and it doesn't respawn for the entire match? I've had this happen in a few games. Was really annoying. :/

I only bought the game this week. How long has this exploit been in the game?
Yeah, that's the one. It's probably been there since that map was first available. There's another one where you can get kills and pulldowns from within the map.

so.. $5 for 5 skins? Is that really it?

edit: know what, naughty dog has created the most fun game i have ever played online, and they gave away free stuff. I thik I better just support them.

Anyone know if the skins have snow forms?

JustHadToJoin said:
so.. $5 for 5 skins? Is that really it?

edit: know what, naughty dog has created the most fun game i have ever played online, and they gave away free stuff. I thik I better just support them.

Anyone know if the skins have snow forms?
It's $5 for seven skins.

2 from Killzone 2
2 from Resistance 2
3 from inFAMOUS.

deepbrown

I really want these skins...but I bought the comic pack with the skins...and they didn't work at all! I don't know if I want to risk it. I have the UK press copy of U2 and I bought the UK pack.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't know if anyone knows about this, but I accidentally went into Round 11/12 on Survival co-op. The accident was that at the end of Round 10 when you complete it, you have to die. Next round it'll be numbered 11 (although I'm sure it's just round 10 all over again, but it renumbers it that way).

mgviperman said:
Yeah, that's the one. It's probably been there since that map was first available. There's another one where you can get kills and pulldowns from within the map.

Where's the fun in glitching? Seriously. I think it's fairly obvious who the perks, ranks and trophies are designed for and it's pretty fucking sad. No one plays for the fun anymore, it's for the stats and boosters. Please get rid of them, developers!!

I'd love to play one of the games that I enjoy that has NO stat tracking nor any sort of level up perk bullshit. I think this would reward the people who want a pure experience greatly, but since devs cater to the knuckle draggers of gaming, we'll never see this.

Whatever it takes to get to that next level....

deepbrown

deepbrown said:
I really want these skins...but I bought the comic pack with the skins...and they didn't work at all! I don't know if I want to risk it. I have the UK press copy of U2 and I bought the UK pack.
Helps?

alr1ght

just checked the demo. It's chapter 5 (Nepal), starting
with being chased by a truck, ending with Chloe blowing up a truck with an RPG
. It's a good mix of platforming and shooting, so a nice representation of the whole game.

deepbrown

alr1ghtstart said:
. It's a good mix of platforming and shooting, so a nice representation of the whole game.
It's the original co-op demo, but without the co-op. Perfect demo.

alr1ghtstart said:

Does it have all that "ass worth saving" talk at the end?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
boycotting dlc until zeke is obliterated from existence

Filldough

Rez said:
boycotting dlc until zeke is obliterated from existence

:lol

Would much rather have had Kessler. Zeke was such a douche, I hope we can kill him in an inFamous sequel. Especially if they give us an option to replay missions... then we can kill him over and over and over and... yeah I guess I made my point.

shagg_187 said:
Syncing LiveData...
Syncing LiveData...
Syncing LiveData...
Syncing LiveData...
Syncing LiveData...
Syncing LiveData...

I've had this problem to. Gaf member Game Analyst recommended I update my router firmware and believe it or not it did the trick. For the first time since launch I can play multiplayer.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
shagg_187 said:
Syncing LiveData...
Syncing LiveData...
Syncing LiveData...
Syncing LiveData...
Syncing LiveData...
Syncing LiveData...
I had that happening to me yesterday night when I updated the game. After like ten minutes of this, it finally went through and connected. ;)

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I've had this problem to. Gaf member Game Analyst recommended I update my router firmware and believe it or not it did the trick. For the first time since launch I can play multiplayer.
Hoorah! I have been out of this game far too long. Will be jumping in after a quick shower. Updating now.

Dibbz

Naughty Dog is amazing. Fuck this game is so good and the new characters are awesome.

Not surprising that I love the Killzone characters the most. They look so bad ass. Took some pics and tried to make them feel like Killzone 2 :D

4312906052_d49161212c_o.jpg

4312906056_751b1bc539_o.jpg

4312906058_1035914e94_o.jpg

4312906060_e08864fc97_o.jpg

4312906066_a260a30a5f_o.jpg

4312906068_86377d341b_o.jpg

alr1ght

I've had a strange bug pop up a few times. If I'm using juggler/half loaded, then switch to Invalid/HL (usually do this for an RPG match or a pistols/grenades match), then switch back to juggler/HL for the next match, I will still get the reward for half loaded 5 kills (Miserly), while also getting Invalid's reward (Get Off My Lawn) even though I'm only using one negative booster. The in game icon will say the correct boosters, but I'm getting credit for half loaded as well. Strange, but I'll take the extra cash (
please up the limit
).

Irish

You should use both Half-Loaded and Invalid for RPG matches. Neither have any real effect whatsoever on your performance in that matchtype and you get get 32,000 or so dollars for every five kills.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
They look terrible in those pictures.

Too thin?

Can you do a straight on shot of both Killzone characters in a well lit area?

Also, 3.99£ :lol

I'd like to see a comparison of that with shots of actual Killzone 2 characters. Even though U2 is one of my favourite games ever, I think it will show how good KZ2 is technically.

GGs earlier tonight. Just bought the DLC. I'll try them out later this evening.
Also went mostly AK-47 tonight, and got a lot of kills. I'm having a hard time believing nothing was tweaked.

womfalcs3

Banned
This game will bring me the first platinum trophy. I played through the campaign twice; it's the first game this generation that I've played through more than once.

alr1ght

Irish said:
You should use both Half-Loaded and Invalid for RPG matches. Neither have any real effect whatsoever on your performance in that matchtype and you get get 32,000 or so dollars for every five kills.

That's what I do. it's the match after those that I continue getting the rewards for GOML/Miserly even if I switch it back to juggler/HL. It looks like I didn't make it clear.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Wow the skins look awesome. I need to buy these for this weekend. Finished up Borderlands and KZ2 and looking to hop back into the online.

Yeef

I understand why the cinema mode doesn't save voice chat, but I seriously wish it did. We played with a guy who was raging harder than I've ever heard before. Then after the match he was screaming, "I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME!!!" and everyone burst out into laughter. It was fantastic.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeef said:
I understand why the cinema mode doesn't save voice chat, but I seriously wish it did. We played with a guy who was raging harder than I've ever heard before. Then after the match he was screaming, "I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME!!!" and everyone burst out into laughter. It was fantastic.

Haha I feel the same way. I more wish it for the people who talk trash and then my friends and I target that person, ultimately resulting in 3, 4, and even once 5 people all pumping simultaneously.

I love how it starts with somebody killing you bragging, then gradually they make more and more excuses for why I beat them, eventually breaking down to them freaking out.

I know I've brought it up quite a few times before and I apologize for doing so, but the worst I've ever heard someone freaking out was Bleachex when a few of my friends were over. We all were amazed at how upset he got.

crispyben

Danielsan said:
Thanks for the great games guys.
I'm already not the most talkative type online but my headset's battery died during the final game.
Had to go to bed before all of you, but it was fun, there were two GAF parties going and still more people waiting! I decided to wean myself off DtI, but it's pretty rough in the beginning :lol Still, I think I'll stick to it, unless I'm not having as much fun or Dave1988 gets REALLY upset with my even more abysmal performance :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom