• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkatomz

The new skins are awesome, but both versions of Cole (mainly evil) need to be dimmed. The red veins are too easy to see from far away (and he's my fav skin...).

Also, WHY has the sniper gotten a smaller mag?? It's hard enough to use as is, but now there's only 6 rounds instead of 10... Fix this Arne!

Awesome games tonight guyz! I'm still a little mad though. Since blindfiring was nerfed, and the AK ugraded.(i don't care what anyone says) U2 MP has forced me to change my play style to long/medium range. Before i went exclusively for CQ kills, and did great. Now, I'm doing a lot better since the last two updates, using the AK, and other long guns. But i know people just think I'm insane.:lol

The Sony Smash Bros. skins are great, considering i haven't played any of those games. The fact that they don't make noise doesn't bother me. I guess it's all those hours playing with the Marco/Genghis skins. I'm hyped for the new maps, and Drake's Fortune skins now.

Irish

msdstc said:
I know I've brought it up quite a few times before and I apologize for doing so, but the worst I've ever heard someone freaking out was Bleachex when a few of my friends were over. We all were amazed at how upset he got.

Eh, everyone has their off days. Bleach really isn't bad most of the time, but after playing a bunch of assholes a few times in a row, you just need to shout and rage.

For some strange reason, I have really great games in Temple sometimes. Especially tonight.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I love the skins, but it just feels weird that they're just silent. :(

Also, make them available in co-op and single player please. :(

BatmanX

Hey guys it seems like Sony has the first TERRITORIAL REGION LOCKED DLC inside the Europe territories.

The last uncharted dlc for instance, doesn't work on a italian copy of the game if you've bought the game in Uk (common practice here cause the price are way cheaper)

I'm speechless, so much for being universal region free -_-

deepbrown

BatmanX said:
Hey guys it seems like Sony has the first TERRITORIAL REGION LOCKED DLC inside the Europe territories.

The last uncharted dlc for instance, doesn't work on a italian copy of the game if you've bought the game in Uk (common practice here cause the price are way cheaper)

Which might be why my review disc doesn't work with the UK stuff....some weird "reviewer region" lol

crispyben

BatmanX said:

That sucks, but in most cases, importing means having a credit card that allows you to buy in other countries, which you can also use on the PSN. Of course, that might not be your case...

BatmanX said:

Yeah I already complained about this, what is even more pathetic is that they allowed me to buy the dlc, i just cant use it. WTF ?

Even stores are selling imported versions from the UK here... I know it's kind of silly because of some costumes but i stopped played U2 online because of this, dont want a big ass dissapointment when some map dlc comes out that i wont be able to play.

BatmanX

crispyben said:
That sucks, but in most cases, importing means having a credit card that allows you to buy in other countries, which you can also use on the PSN. Of course, that might not be your case...

I've no problem but I think this is start to becomes really weird anyway. You have to be very careful when you buy a dlc inside of the Eu? What are they thinkin??

crispyben

BatmanX said:
I've no problem but I think this is start to becomes really weird anyway. You have to be very careful when you buy a dlc inside of the Eu? What are they thinkin??
Well, they have always indicated the "code" for the disc compatible with the DLC, it just was more lenient I guess. Now, with the prices so low in the UK, they're trying their hardest to protect their higher margins in the reste of Europe, with this tactic and also with the split languages. I think they will fail in the end, but every game sold here and not there is more profit for them, and unfortunately those sad tales won't matter much in their reasoning.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I've had this problem to. Gaf member Game Analyst recommended I update my router firmware and believe it or not it did the trick. For the first time since launch I can play multiplayer.
Thats awesome dood, you had this issue for a looooong time.

^____^-d

deepbrown

OK. So I thought I'd again support Naughty Dog and buy these skins for £4.

And guess what THEY DON'T WORK. I spent £4 for NOTHING.

Please ND and Sony, either a full refund...or fix this! I have a UK review copy and I bought the UK pack. All us reviewers gave you 9's and 10s, yet we can't bloody use your DLC! This will be the same for all the maps as well - which means I will no longer be playing U2 online! And I love it! :'( This has made me sad and angry.

Please Arne, I beg of you! :'(

deepbrown said:

Please ND and Sony, either a full refund...or fix this! I have a UK review copy and I bought the UK pack. All us reviewers gave you 9's and 10s, yet we can bloody use your DLC! This will be the same for all the maps as well - which means I will no longer be playing U2 online! And I love it! :'( This has made me sad and angry.

Strange. KZ2 DLC worked with promo copies...

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I reached level 30 last night, and that the Hero & Villain skins are awesome (I only got the chance to try Hale & Evil Cole though, and both brought me an abundance of wins).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
deepbrown said:

Please ND and Sony, either a full refund...or fix this! I have a UK review copy and I bought the UK pack. All us reviewers gave you 9's and 10s, yet we can bloody use your DLC! This will be the same for all the maps as well - which means I will no longer be playing U2 online! And I love it! :'( This has made me sad and angry.

You should try buying the game.
Maybe the release version is not the same as the review copy?

deepbrown

Fersis said:
You should try buying the game.
Maybe the release version is not the same as the review copy?
And it should be...why? The whole point of reviews is to sell the game to potential consumers, so I'm hardly robbing anyone...the reason they give review copies is to increase the sales of the game.

I want to support ND by buying their DLC...but I can't use it.

BatmanX said:

No buy from me then.

Nice going Sony, go fuck yourself. Arne can you guys do something about this anti-consumer shit?

Fersis

deepbrown said:
And it should be...why? The whole point of reviews is to sell the game to potential consumers, so I'm hardly robbing anyone...the reason they give review copies is to increase the sales of the game.

I want to support ND by buying their DLC...but I can't use it.
Dunno, maybe the review copy is an older build and not the release one with all the right signatures and stuff.
Im sure arne has the answer to this.

deepbrown

Fersis said:
Dunno, maybe the review copy is an older build and not the release one with all the right signatures and stuff.
Im sure arne has the answer to this.
OK, I know what the problem is. Sucks. This region locking DLC is very odd.

Wowbagger

crispyben said:
Had to go to bed before all of you, but it was fun, there were two GAF parties going and still more people waiting! I decided to wean myself off DtI, but it's pretty rough in the beginning :lol Still, I think I'll stick to it, unless I'm not having as much fun or Dave1988 gets REALLY upset with my even more abysmal performance :p

Dave and HighLuxury were using DTI yesterday. And worse, CHRP was using TB. I almost cried
when matchmaking put me on the wrong team. Game ended in a tie, thou. =)

Garjon

deepbrown said:
I know. And LBP and MS:pR....and every other PS3 game in existence. I want to be Sev *cries*
New Sony policy? Must be a similar thing to blocking out mainland Europeans who buy UK copies from buying DLC.

Dave1988

Wowbagger said:
Dave and HighLuxury were using DTI yesterday. And worse, CHRP was using TB. I almost cried

Yesterday? I use DTI all the time! :lol

deepbrown

Dibbz said:
I'm guessing the review copy they gave you was free right?
Sure...and I'm all up for paying back the developers and studio through getting them plenty of coverage (Loads of U2 articles - I mean I'm on the Uncharted 2 Wiki page) selling the game to thousands of consumers (if I believe the game is good) and buying their DLC.

Anyway I know what the problem is now and the only way to fix it is to get a UK copy.

crispyben

Wowbagger said:
Yeah, I won't let that ruin my enjoyment of the game, but I felt like trying it, and Rapid Hands is quite nice. I used to be a TB whore, but now I got Deposit, well...

Dave1988 said:
What??? Oh Dave, I'm so disappointed, I thought you were so mighty you did not need those measly boosters... :D

Wowbagger said:
Guess what? I've decided not to use TB anymore! Now i think Plunder, is more fun without it. Plus it's more challenging if the other team uses it. You know in a fun way. But you can't knock one person on the team for using it. I mean if we run into a good team,(you know the lag switchers, campers, and grenade whores.:p) Then you'll be glad at least one of us had it on.

It feels good not to be chained, by Treasure Bearer anymore. Kinda makes me wanna sing.

Dave1988

crispyben said:
Yeah, I won't let that ruin my enjoyment of the game, but I felt like trying it, and Rapid Hands is quite nice. I used to be a TB whore, but now I got Deposit, well...

What??? Oh Dave, I'm so disappointed, I thought you were so mighty you did not need those measly boosters... :D

Oh, Ben, maybe you should start using those "measly" boosters. Maybe then you'd stop being so...you know...horrible at this game :D

Dave1988 said:
Hmm, no wonder you got to lvl 59 so quickly! Poor me thought it was due to skill.:p
Everyone shall see the light one day, and cast DTI into the flaming abyss! >=(

Dave1988

Somnium986 said:
Hmm, no wonder you got to lvl 59 so quickly! Poor me thought it was due to skill.:p
Everyone shall see the light one day, and cast DTI into the flaming abyss! >=(

I love you guys. Your DTI hate makes you all so deliciously delusional. :lol :lol

crispyben

Dave1988 said:
Oh, Ben, maybe you should start using those "measly" boosters. Maybe then you'd stop being so...you know...horrible at this game :D
You know, you might be onto something.... Let's look at this DM from yesterday:

258sfgk.jpg

:D

crispyben

Kos Luftar said:
Are you all spamming this thread because you cannot play UC2 MP right now, like me?
Is that so obvious? :p I always tell myself that I'll do something else, or play ACII, and then I find myself asking for spot in the GAF Chat :D I think I'm addicted.

crispyben

Dave1988 said:
Holy crap, Ben! Finally a positive k/d ratio! I'm so proud of you right now!
I know, crazy huh? And 2.0 to boot, better than W0Wbaggr! of course,
something something boosters something
, but still. Not being in an all-GAF party and not facing a 50+ party helps too.

crispyben said:
Is that so obvious? :p I always tell myself that I'll do something else, or play ACII, and then I find myself asking for spot in the GAF Chat :D I think I'm addicted.

Luck you that you are able to be in the GAF PS3 chat. I am spending valuable work time just posting on this forum.

Gyrian

arne,
I picked up the new characters pack because it's a great bit of content, to support NDI, and to add my little nugget into the notion that we definitely want to keep the online portion of U2 alive and fresh.

With that said, I'm a little disappointed with the new cast's silence in-match.

I know you've heard this by now to the point of complete. global. saturation.
Here is why it mattered to me. One of the most distinct aspects of U2 online, personally, is how the cast's personality comes through. It's great to hear their quips, and everything else that makes the players unique. I love that you can listen for some grunting somewhere to your left and go 'oh crap, there's Sully climbing over there trying to get a clear shot'.
This is a gripe I've got with the two skeletons also, which sadly many seem to favor.

It's a small thing in the overall scheme, but I'm a little sad to see it play out like this.
This is one of those unique little things that makes U2 online special to me compared with everything else out there.

Most matches last night were dead silent. I hope it will improve as the novelty wears off.

PS: If I may make a suggestion, when you guys put out that Drake's Fortune content we all know you've got under your sleeve, you should consider adding 'Sir Francis Drake' and 'Uncharted Theme' from the original's soundtrack into the music rotation that plays as you sit in the online interface. ;]

crispyben

Kos Luftar said:
Luck you that you are able to be in the GAF PS3 chat. I am spending valuable work time just posting on this forum.
Yeah, I didn't make myself clear, I'm also wasting time here, I was just describing what getting home was like these days when time comes to play :D

Massa

BatmanX said:

Why not just buy the DLC from the UK store? If your normally import games from there you'll probably need to do this for other games as well.

You can buy PSN cards online for the UK, with e-mail instant delivery. All you need is paypal account.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Gyrian said:
arne,
I picked up the new characters pack because it's a great bit of content, to support NDI, and to add my little nugget into the notion that we definitely want to keep the online portion of U2 alive and fresh.

With that said, I'm a little disappointed with the new cast's silence in-match.

I know you've heard this by now to the point of complete. global. saturation.
Here is why it mattered to me. One of the most distinct aspects of U2 online, personally, is how the cast's personality comes through. It's great to hear their quips, and everything else that makes the players unique. I love that you can listen for some grunting somewhere to your left and go 'oh crap, there's Sully climbing over there trying to get a clear shot'.
This is a gripe I've got with the two skeletons also, which sadly many seem to favor.

It's a small thing in the overall scheme, but I'm a little sad to see it play out like this.
This is one of those unique little things that makes U2 online special to me compared with everything else out there.

Most matches last night were dead silent. I hope it will improve as the novelty wears off.

PS: If I may make a suggestion, when you guys put out that Drake's Fortune content we all know you've got under your sleeve, you should consider adding 'Sir Francis Drake' and 'Uncharted Theme' from the original's soundtrack into the music rotation that plays as you sit in the online interface. ;]

Wait, no "scattaaaa grenade"? What a missed opportunity.

Dibbz

Couldn't they have just asked for some sound clips for all 3 games to put into U2? I'm sure GG would have a few clips of Helghast grunting etc.

thcsquad

KilgoreTrout said:
They would have to make the DLC a lot more money if you guys want voices.

They'd probably have to renegotiate the contracts of the VAs.

Now I haven't played the new skins yet so I might be wrong, but it seems that part of the complaint is that they have an unfair advantage because of their silence. That problem could be rectified without using voice acting.

Skeletons: bones rattling
Cole: electric-y sounds
Everyone else: louder footsteps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom