• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

I don't think Treasure Bearer is really a big deal by itself. The main issue comes from playing a team with it on while you're spawning at the opposite end of the map. The spawning system for plunder needs to be modified from normal games to put you relatively close to the action.

I also think it would've been a good idea to roll Treasure Bearer, Turtle and Hell Blazer into a single booster and then make some more itneresting boosters in their place. Same goes for Break Up. It should've either had more benefits or been scrapped. It's probably the most useless booster in the whole bunch.

Hey, Arne. Think you can get the team to patch in a screen capture mode for the single player? The game is gorgeous and I would love to make my own ps3 wallpapers. Why wasn't this implemented?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was playing a Plunder match yesterday in The Fort and I managed to successfully score 4 points until the other jerks from the opposing team threw the treasure outside of the map. Ugh. What's up with that? It's unfair because the rest of the match is just spent like a regular damn death match and there's no way for the treasure to spawn some place else since it's glitched...and if I had quit the match, I would have been penalized for it. Is there a fix for this soon?

JustHadToJoin said:
I wonder if they have any maps in the works. I'd love one where it was dark and raining like when you were
running away from Lazarevic with Chloe
Well any of THIS is to be believed,(some of it's off though) then we'll defiantly be getting maps. I think the map every one wants though, is the Shambala rainy map.:D

QuadCore

Banned
Hey guys, figured I ask this here. I'm playinh Uncharted 1 and for the life of me can't remember how to switch perspectives from left to right while hiding behind something and shooting.

QuadCore said:
Hey guys, figured I ask this here. I'm playinh Uncharted 1 and for the life of me can't remember how to switch perspectives from left to right while hiding behind something and shooting.
Press the left analog down.

At 11:15PM EST, Jan/29/2010, 2037 year of humans, 203rd creation point of Universe 17. Project Silence was initiated. If all goes to plan, I will be rejoining you all shortly.

Edit: FML, I bought the wrong bit!

Kittonwy

Banned
Somnium986 said:
Awesome games tonight! We were unstoppable. >=(

angry.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Finally started playing again tonight, had quite a few good rounds after shaking off the rust in the first round. It went ok, just sucked I ran into at least 1 AFK player each round. I ran into quite a few people with the skins... they look amazing:D

Irish

Great Games tonight guys. I was kicking a fair amount of ass tonight, even with CELL and Ryan in the party together. I'm slowly becoming an AK and aiming whore. Blindfiring has fallen to the wayside. :(

I'm kind of amazed that annoying twelve-year-old stuck around with us for so long. We destroyed him in every match.

Irish said:
Great Games tonight guys. I was kicking a fair amount of ass tonight, even with CELL and Ryan in the party together. I'm slowly becoming an AK and aiming whore. Blindfiring has fallen to the wayside. :(
This. I can't believe how much better i'm doing now, thanks to the AK. Rarely use the pistol ,or teh uzi. Even thought it seems less effective now, I'm starting to like the D.Eagle more.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Ballistictiger said:
Don't forget Radec, Garza, That beanie guy from Resistance 2, and Kessler :D
Radec and Kessler!! :D

I hate Zeke with a passion. I think it's time I get back into U2 mp.

Defuser

I can't believe I bought the skins knowing I would stop playing uncharted 2 in a few months time but damn Naughty dog deserves my monies.

crispyben

mr_nothin said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMn7oLtdZ8o&feature=related

Wow, is this really how ppl play? THAT bad?
No wonder people think that that it takes full clips to kill people.
thcsquad said:
My aim isn't quite that bad, but its still bad. Being able to react quickly and accurately to chaotic game conditions is a skill that takes a lot of practice. Some people just primarily play other genres, so they haven't built up that skill. That doesn't mean we can't enjoy the games too :)
I'm with thcsquad here. Uncharted was the first time I ever played a shooter (FPS or TPS) for more than 5 minutes, and UC2 is my first online MP shooter experience. Even though I played maybe 40 or 50 hours of it, of course I'll be behind CS or Halo veterans in reflexes and strategies...

Irish

I thought I was on to a great idea by adding a third booster slot and separating the three slots into- Aim, Ammo, and Misc., but then I realized that an unholy warrior from the pits of hell could be created that way.

I give you:

Rapid Hands, Down the Irons, and Fleet Foot guy- scourge of U2.

Luckily, there are only two slots. The day has been saved from my stupid ideas.

$500 away to getting to level 47 after 2 months of being stuck at 46, and game decides, wait you're too close and we haven't been disconnecting you enough to keep you here, so I'm gonna disconnect you and dock you $40,000.

WHOO!

Levi

Banned
Lots of issues tonight. Sheeboy got DCed and quit. I couldn't hear Som, Shee, or Yeef, and I usually can. Tried to play in the GAF match and I couldn't stay connected to CC, which I usually can. Yeef couldn't stay if Broken was leader, also unusual. Don't know if PSN was being finicky or if Shee, Yeef and I all coincidentally had shitty connections. Ruined my whole evening.

Irish

Holy hell, I don't know what in the fuck happened last night/this morning. I don't think I've ever lost so many games before. :( The GAF team totally unraveled at the seams. It's really not our faults though. With parties being a revolving door affair, it's hard to coordinate actual teamwork. Still, because we are all so skilled, it's usually not needed, even against other parties. However, tonight we ran into randoms that worked as a team better than us and we've been playing together since the fuckin' beta.

I'm so sorry I let you guys down. :(

Irish said:
Holy hell, I don't know what in the fuck happened last night/this morning. I don't think I've ever lost so many games before. :( The GAF team totally unraveled at the seams. It's really not our faults though. With parties being a revolving door affair, it's hard to coordinate actual teamwork. Still, because we are all so skilled, it's usually not needed, even against other parties. However, tonight we ran into randoms that worked as a team better than us and we've been playing together since the fuckin' beta.

That sucks. :/ Glad i decided to leave early then. Melee GAF game, really didn't leave me in the best of moods. Probably would have been a hinderence if i had stayed any longer. I'm finding that: the more i play against GAF, the more i prefer playing with them in competitive.:lol

Darkatomz

Irish said:

Losing 2 is a lot?

I don't really care about wins and losses as much as I do about kills and deaths, but what bothers me is the lack of strategy, most notably in Plunder games. They had 3 in a team and 2 randoms. They were very beatable, but we only managed to do it once out time out of three.

Irish

I think I'm starting to hate Plunder. For some reason, I can never manage to get a decent spawn that's even remotely close to the treasure. Plus, being anywhere close to the treasure is going to result in death. I mean, I like that the games can last a while, but I think I'd prefer a 100 kill deathmatch.

Darkatomz said:
Losing 2 is a lot?

Nah, I personally lost a shit ton of games last night, but a lot of that was deathmatch with at least 4 games of Plunder. I absolutely sucked during the Plunder games, but my team (excluding Kittonwy) really let me down in those Deathmatch games (Kitton and I were playing alone).

Kittonwy

Banned
Darkatomz said:
Losing 2 is a lot?

I don't really care about wins and losses as much as I do about kills and deaths, but what bothers me is the lack of strategy, most notably in Plunder games. They had 3 in a team and 2 randoms. They were very beatable, but we only managed to do it once out time out of three.

If people care more about K/D than wins then don't play plunder games, because plunder is about winning.

We simply sucked at plunder. I think we win normally against weak teams but against a strong team we just don't know how to move the treasure quickly and keep the heat off of the treasure-bearer.

Irish

I think our main problem was that we were focusing on "defending" the treasure instead of actually moving it. Every time I was next to one of the other team, I could hear them saying, "Don't worry about dying, just move the treasure." This is what we should have been doing.

Chaser

Finally finished Dragon Age so I'm jumping back into this game until Bad Company 2 hits.

I was surprised at how quick I was able to get back into it. Such a fun game.
Grenades are still pissing me off though. =/

Dementia

Ugh, Sony monkey needs to fix PSN. Today l've been disconnected from more matches than I was able to complete. Frustrating as hell, especially when you're doing well. :/

GGs regardless, I'll probably be back on later tonight to try and play some more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom