• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Dementia said:
Ugh, Sony monkey needs to fix PSN. Today l've been disconnected from more matches than I was able to complete. Frustrating as hell, especially when you're doing well. :/

GGs regardless, I'll probably be back on later tonight to try and play some more
Glad to know it wasn't just me. Not playing U2, but I've been playing Madden and got about 3 DNFs online today in the middle of a good games.

Levi

Banned
I was in the other GAF group yesterday, and we were winning our plunder matches--because we were doing what Irish suggested. My K/D was terrible, but I always got the treasure closer to our chest before I died. Plunder was the only time I contributed, though.

I was pissed yesterday because of all the PSN nonsense and I think it made me play sloppy.

Really hope I can hear everyone in voice chat tonight, bc it makes the game a lot less fun when there's no communication.

Dementia

Greg said:
Glad to know it wasn't just me. Not playing U2, but I've been playing Madden and got about 3 DNFs online today in the middle of a good games.
Yeah, it's not just you. Everyone I was playing with (kilgore, Fizarf, sheeboylol, W0Wbaggr) was having connection issues. After starting ~10 games today I think my net income was $-20,000 :lol

Darkatomz

Kittonwy said:
If people care more about K/D than wins then don't play plunder games, because plunder is about winning.

We simply sucked at plunder. I think we win normally against weak teams but against a strong team we just don't know how to move the treasure quickly and keep the heat off of the treasure-bearer.
You already know that DM is my game type of choice. And believe me, I try my best to distract/kill the other team and defend the carrier (aka, the other 4 party members, whoever they may be)

And let me rephrase what I said earlier. I may not care about W/L as much as K/D, but I play to win. Don't mix the two things up.

Levi

Banned
Off-topic but tangential, any internet experts out there? I want to improve my NAT but my ISP is a joke and my off-brand DSL modem has no online documentation. I have managed to log into the internal settings and did all the suggested fixes (uPnP, etc.) with no improvement. Everyone who uses this ISP has the same issues. My question is, would buying a new DSL modem help me resolve my issues? I would love to be able to join any game regardless of who is hosting and I'd love to never have issues with voice chat again.

Darkatomz

VsRobot said:
Off-topic but tangential, any internet experts out there? I want to improve my NAT but my ISP is a joke and my off-brand DSL modem has no online documentation. I have managed to log into the internal settings and did all the suggested fixes (uPnP, etc.) with no improvement. Everyone who uses this ISP has the same issues. My question is, would buying a new DSL modem help me resolve my issues? I would love to be able to join any game regardless of who is hosting and I'd love to never have issues with voice chat again.
Forward your ports if you haven't done so already.

If you think it will make a big difference, then get a new router and install cfw on it (Tomato or dd-wrt). Good performance, tons of options. I would recommend the Linksys wrt54gl for the price. I think there was a router thread in the off-topic section not too long ago??

The last (and most effective) options: get a faster connection or a different provider.

Levi

Banned
Darkatomz said:
The last (and most effective) options: get a faster connection or a different provider.

Live in a rural area, there are not other ISPs available to me. Checking Off-Topic now. Thanks anyway.

Dementia said:
Yeah, it's not just you. Everyone I was playing with (kilgore, Fizarf, sheeboylol, W0Wbaggr) was having connection issues. After starting ~10 games today I think my net income was $-20,000 :lol

Welcome to my life.

I think today was the first day since October that I actually gained money.

Levi

Banned
XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:
Im gonna ask again because I never got an answer. Is there anyway to put your saved matches onto your PS3 directly? Is some capture card the only way?

The matches that are saved in-game are not actual video recordings. The data that is saved requires the assets that are on the disc in order to display.

I just played a plunder match in the Fort. Played for 10 minutes and finally one team scored, and that being the opposite team. But after that, they threw the idol off the map so we could never score and they'd auto-win. GAWD.

Played another deathmatch in the Train Wreck, and there's still some glitchers that are shooting outside the map racking up kills. DOUBLE GAWD.

But this match made up for it all:

Four guys spawn...
Uncharted2_AmongThieves_18.jpg

I jump for it, one of them manages to get away...
Uncharted2_AmongThieves_19.jpg

I land...

Uncharted2_AmongThieves_4.jpg

...and they fly

Uncharted2_AmongThieves_12.jpg

Moral of the story...

Uncharted2_AmongThieves_15.jpg

You don't fuck with Cole.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
VsRobot said:

Set PS3 to static IP
Use open DNS (http://www.opendns.com/ 208.67.222.222/208.67.220.220 )
Set DMZ on your router

Andvary

I've been playing ranked mostly and today my rank went from 22 to 1 after my team won a match. Did ND reset the skill level again?

GGs tonight guyz. The GAF matches were insanely fun! Especially the machinima ones. Awesome.... That is until we got to matchmaking. Dunno what the fuck happened. I blame LAG+DTI. DOWN THE IRONS!!!!!!!

Levi

Banned
Andvary said:
I've been playing ranked mostly and today my rank went from 22 to 1 after my team won a match. Did ND reset the skill level again?
Happened to our entire party--except fit Yeef, for some reason.

Irish

Man, tonight was totally insane.

I started off by joining a party and then leaving immediately after so Kitton could play. Then I joined up with Gyrian and did a couple deathmatches. Then we had those crazy GAF melee-only matches followed by King Of The Weapon Spawn in The Stage. After that, we decided to split into two separate parties and play against some randoms. Well, that ended up turning into a game of musical parties/GAF popularity contest. (There were no winners.) We finally scrambled together a party of five and went into matchmaking where we were confronted by terrible lag. That made Somnium quit. After Som left, we convinced ClearCELL to turn on his mic. Next, we encountered a party of four who were good sports even when they lost about 8 times. (Thankfully, the rematch glitch didn't occur.) Finally, at about 5:00 am EST, we all quit. What a great night!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Hey! I played against a random GAFfer tonight in a Plunder match! I'm not sure if he's a member or a lurker, but he had the GAF clan tag. Anyway, if you're reading this thread, I was Stardust! I managed to score 4 out of 5...while the other team the other GAFfer was in won...but that's ONLY because I had fucking idle players in my team for like the majority of the match.

Which brings me into my MAJOR grip. The second Plunder match I played after that game with the GAFfer, I had one quitter in my team while the rest were fucking idle for the WHOLE match. Guess what? This is bullshit. I was the only one that was actually playing on my team. It got me in a pretty messed up mood because it's completely unfair. Please fix the idle players, Naughty Dog. Kick them off the server or don't allow them to appear on the playlist or something. This is really frustrating especially when it's 1 against 5 in damn Plunder match where team work is required.

/rant

Irish said:
Man, tonight was totally insane.

I started off by joining a party and then leaving immediately after so Kitton could play. Then I joined up with Gyrian and did a couple deathmatches. Then we had those crazy GAF melee-only matches followed by King Of The Weapon Spawn in The Stage. After that, we decided to split into two separate parties and play against some randoms. Well, that ended up turning into a game of musical parties/GAF popularity contest. (There were no winners.) We finally scrambled together a party of five and went into matchmaking where we were confronted by terrible lag. That made Somnium quit. After Som left, we convinced ClearCELL to turn on his mic. Next, we encountered a party of four who were good sports even when they lost about 8 times. (Thankfully, the rematch glitch didn't occur.) Finally, at about 5:00 am EST, we all quit. What a great night!
I still don't know what CELL's voice sounds like. The two times he had a mic on when i was there was in a GAF match. Everyone drowned his voice out, and when he responded to me he had the voice changer on.WTF CELL!?>=(

Wow that's rare about the rematch glitch. Usually it's like clockwork.
Stealth update by ND!:lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
about new skins,6.43 $ just for 180 Kb. But I must confess it worths.

Kirous

Neo Member
I played some matches with crispyben and a couple of other gaffers a couple of days ago, and I have to say it's much more fun to play plunder with people who actually work together. Usually when I've played plunder people have treated it as a deadmatch. I have to say tough that I have much learning to do on how to play plunder compared to deadmatch. Plunder is much more hectic.

I like the new skins, except Zeke whom I hate even though I haven't even played Infamous yet, but I wish they had voices. Now they have an advantage over characters with voices. The chimera skin is also kinda hard to spot at times.

I'd like to have more gaffers on my friendlist so if anyone wants to add me, my psn-id is under my username.

crispyben

Kirous said:
I played some matches with crispyben and a couple of other gaffers a couple of days ago, and I have to say it's much more fun to play plunder with people who actually work together. Usually when I've played plunder people have treated it as a deadmatch. I have to say tough that I have much learning to do on how to play plunder compared to deadmatch. Plunder is much more hectic.
Those were some nice games, but a full-on GAF party is a totally different beast! I think three people is the minimum to play a good game of plunder, but when there's five of us it's a blast, even though it's rare we don't win 5-0 or 5-1...

Kirous

Neo Member
crispyben said:
Those were some nice games, but a full-on GAF party is a totally different beast! I think three people is the minimum to play a good game of plunder, but when there's five of us it's a blast, even though it's rare we don't win 5-0 or 5-1...

Yeah, I definitely want to try that some day.

Wow, I just noticed I have a k/d ratio of three in Fort in deadmatch. It's weird that it's my "best" map even though i don't even like it that much. But then again it's the newest map with the least amount of matches played.

crispyben

Kirous said:
Yeah, I definitely want to try that some day.

Wow, I just noticed I have a k/d ratio of three in Fort in deadmatch. It's weird that it's my "best" map even though i don't even like it that much. But then again it's the newest map with the least amount of matches played.
I'm sure that'll happen if you join us a few nights this week. By the way, looks like the stats are acting up again, since it shows me as level 44 with $0 :lol

Is it useless to play "Ranked" games?
Before I started playing with GAF I was always playing random Ranked games, and I got up to RANKED level 25, but than 2 week ago ND reset everything to level 1 and than the past week went up to level 11, than I played a ranked game last night and won, but rank went to level 1, is this normal? Does it get reset every Sunday?

Cruzader

Banned
Kasra_2x4 said:
about new skins,6.43 $ just for 180 Kb. But I must confess it worths.

Well the skins were never in the finished game disk. It was added via a patch so basically everyone has them but needs a key to unlock them thus you pay for that key. Its not like they are charging you money for something that was there months ago.

Levi

Banned
CC spoke? Now I'm really mad my spot in that party got ganked. :p I was there first! Whatever, the second party ended up having two level 60s, and was fun when Mhead wasn't stealing my hard-fought kills.

Hey guys I'm new here and I'd like to think I'm pretty good at this game with my 92FS and btw people should really stop using down the irons :lol

Add me if you like - ID: SilvR_Fury

I had a rough time last night, but came around and kicked butt later. Seriously, I don't think I have ever lost that many in a row. Honestly, it was only like three games, but still! I will try to get on tonight!!!

Has anyone noticed the crocodile in Borneo? MIND BLOWN!!! This is my 4th time through the game but first time seeing that croc. For those who haven't, it's seen immediately after you get to Borneo. Once you gain control and move forward, look in the distance and you'll see the croc swim away towards the first bomb charge.

Also, in this playthrough is the first time I've heard him say "kitty got wet" in game. Wahooo!

Gyrian

We went out with a bang, it's the elimination match we totally botched. :]
Regardless, I blame vs, by default.

They're never perfect, are they?
They could shoot rather well, had great teamwork, even a little rage here and there; but they were all DTI users. ;_;

Still, <3 <3 <3.

I've got one of them in my friends list, so look out for a re-match.

Don't worry Yeef, they were already swooning over me! We got them back with a 15 or so kill win in a Deathmatch game to 70!

In other news, I played pretty damn awesome tonight! This totally made up for my terribleness last night! Honestly, I was a little shocked because I had 15 plus kills in deathmatch all night with a full GAF party! By far the best night I have had with U2!!!!!!!!

GG's Kitton, Gyrian, Fiz, and vs!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom